3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

is gta3 the worst gta game ever?

Grumpy Cat

Grumpy Cat

hello everyone.

i been playing gta 3 for 2 years on ps2 and couple months on pc and i think its the worst gta game ever, i found many craps in this game like:

you cant smash the car with the bat, you cant fly with the dodo, the running paunch do no damage, no reward for 100% game completions, no health or armor upgrades, you cant travel to portland island because of the mafia gang with the deadly shotguns, yardies hates you for no reason, games like this should have crouch, purple hoods always disappears when starting new game, worst ending, the tank always stays when spawn it, no claude cutscene model.

seriously what kind gta game is this, that you cant smash the car with the baseball bat?

i think claude should leave the liberty city because every gangs hates him and every gangs are everywhere.

did rockstar realize that running paunch do no damage?

dodo is the only usless vehicle in this game.

at the end of the game claude shot maria for some reason, i think its the worst ending ever.

when i spawned rhino (tank) then destroy it and notice that rhino will always stay in the game, which means i have to start the new game unless if i didn't not saved the game.

when the cutscene starts, i notice that the game use ingame model of claude while other main characters use own cutscene model. i guess R* were lazy

rockstar kinda messed up with this game, what a pricks.

anyway so what you people think about it? is it the worst gta game ever?

Edited by catfromnesbox
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
  • Bruh 1
Sergiu

Alright, I'll be fair, while it is your opinion - the points you make to help sustain it range from irrelevant to full on foolish.

1)You can't smash the car with the bat - irrelevant.

2)You can't fly the Dodo - the Dodo is a mere novelty feature, it was originally planned for a mission in which you had to jump over a wall.

The Dodo does not need to fly and even so, with enough practice, you can fly it for minutes, I've seen people doing 10 minutes.

3)The running punch doesn't do damage - it does.

4)There are no rewards for doing the game 100% - weapons, vehicles, infinite running...

5)No health and armor upgrades - health upgrades available by picking up a lady of the night. Armor upgrades were a pretty uncommon feature for the time when GTA 3 and VC were made.

6)You can't travel to Portland after completing the game - of course you can, you just have to learn how to do it. Try saving the BP Patriot the game has to offer and you can drive freely. Even without that, you can still explore just fine for as long as you know what you're doing.

7)Yardies hate you for no reason - the Yardies betray Claude in this game in a deal with Catalina. Goes to show how much you know about the game you're so harshly criticizing.

8)Crouching - irrelevant.

9)Purple Hoods always disappear after starting a new game - random bug, a proper point here.

All in all, the game is a bit outdated, yes, but it is definitely not the worst GTA ever. It is one of the best if you can appreciate the attention to detail that went into it over the span of its 3 years development time. It outshines newer GTAs in many categories, especially map work. *ahem* Vice City *ahem* :p

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 35
Fooking Rekt

1) You can't smash cars with a Bat.

So what? The only GTA game where destroying a car using Melee attacks was useful, is San Andreas.

2) You can't fly the Dodo.

Indeed. YOU can't, most other people can.

3) Running punch doesn't do any damage.

Yes it does.

4) No reward for 100%.

Yes there is. The satisfaction of having completed the game.

5) No Health/Armor upgrades

There is a Health upgrade, have sex with a Hooker. And who cares anyway, Health/Armor upgrades aren't needed.

6)You can't travel to Portland because of the Mafia.

Yes you can, either don't drive in Saint Mark's, or use one of the many Bulletproof vehicles (AP/UC Stretch, AP Bobcat, AP Cheetah, BP/DP Patriot, BP/DP Barracks OL, BP/DP Patriot, BP/FP Trashmaster, BP/FP Securicar)

7) Yardies hate you for no reason.

No they don't

8) No crouching.

Crouching doesn't affect accuracy.

9) Purple Nines glitch.

Delete your savefile before atarting a new game.

• Like 17
WorthlessYouth

Depends on your perspective, of course.

Given your reasoning, you would probably find the first GTA to be the worst in the series due to the lack of features present in future games. So, by your logic, the first GTA would be 'the worst'

Now, GTA 3 being the worst in the 3D-era Grand Theft Auto games? That makes a little more sense. I don't feel that way personally, but I can see how people would find it disappointing having played Vice City or San Andreas beforehand.

It's important to remember that GTA 3 was the first of its kind, and was a break-through game at the time. A lot of these 'missing features' and oversights should absolutely not overshadow the importance and brilliance of this title, when judged on its own merits. While it may be considered lacking compared to future titles, I don't feel it's fair to call it the 'worst' when it laid an entirely new foundation for the series, which proved to be highly successful.

Edited by Azurex
  • Like 3
GTAGuy1995

GTA 3 the worst GTA game ever? Seriously? Anyway regarding what you said so far:

1) You can't smash the car with the bat

So what if you can't?

2) You can't fly a dodo

You can actually fly a dodo but is very difficult to fly and you will probably give up if you try a few times.

3) Running punch doesn't do any damage

It does but there is a delay between the punch dealing damage.

4) No reward for completing game 100%

There is no reward other than all the rewards you got so far (armor and weapons from hidden packages and firefighter missions, police bribes, infinite sprint, health and adrenaline pill from paramedic)

5) No health or armor upgrades

There aren't any health or armor upgrades with the exception of a temporary 125 health boost from a hooker but it's not necessary to complete the game. For example when I played the game, I always made sure to have 100 health and 100 armor before each mission, so it's not like those extra 25 points of health can make a difference, with the exceptions of very rare cases.

6) You can't travel to Portland after completing the game

Yes you can but you have to use a BP vehicle or the tank.

7) Yardies hate you for no reason

The yardies betray you because they got a deal with Catalina.

8) No crouching

You don't need crouching in this game

9) Purple nines glitch

That is actually an annoying bug. But you can try to start a new game when you don't have any other saves in the memory or you know, try to start a new game not from an already loaded game that has Rumble mission completed?

• Like 1
stef_92

@catfromnesbox , this is the first game of the 3D era, man, calm down :D And it was released in 2001, not 2011

• Like 3
R4gN0r0K

you were around 9 when this game was released. and after all these years you complain about it?

• Like 3
Lethal Vaccine

Playing for 2 years? And what about the people who've been playing it for 15 years and think it's still one of the better GTA's Rockstar has offered?

• Like 3
universetwisters

you were around 9 when this game was released. and after all these years you complain about it?

Probably because his parents didn't let him buy it. :sigh:

• Like 4
Fooking Rekt

And one of the more difficult ones.

Propably the reason why the OP hates it :^:

Lethal Vaccine

"This Game Sucks."

Why?

"I Can't Pass This Mission. It's Too Hard. I Hate This Game."

• Like 5
  • KEKW 1
Grumpy Cat

9) Purple Nines glitch.

Delete your savefile before atarting a new game.

this is stupid, why would i want to delete my previous save file that i been spend lot of time on it? the only to start the new game without problems is to remove memory cards and reset the console

• Like 1
Grumpy Cat

"This Game Sucks."

Why?

"I Can't Pass This Mission. It's Too Hard. I Hate This Game."

no, i just hate to start all over again like purple hood disappear and kenji kasen missions unavailable when you kill him in donald love mission, which means i cant achieve 100% completions

Sergiu

Those are all issues with your play style. Not the game itself. You just fail to understand common logic in the case of mission completion order required for 100%.

Besides, the Purple Nines bug is nothing too big. Stop blowing it out of proportion. It is not game breaking by any means. If you really want to pursuit 100% then starting a new game should be no sweat. This bit is the only valid piece of criticism you could come up with.

My thoughts, you dislike the game because it is not suited for your casual generation's play style, just like some people in the early 2000s couldn't stomach NES games. Short: git gud

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 7
Grumpy Cat

Those are all issues with your play style. Not the game itself. You just fail to understand common logic in the case of mission completion order required for 100%.

Besides, the Purple Nines bug is nothing too big. Stop blowing it out of proportion. It is not game breaking by any means. If you really want to pursuit 100% then starting a new game should be no sweat. This bit is the only valid piece of criticism you could come up with.

My thoughts, you dislike the game because it is not suited for your casual generation's play style, just like some people in the early 2000s couldn't stomach NES games. Short: git gud

the purple nines is nothing too big? dude do you know how longer it takes to reach purple nines part?

i dont dislike 3d era gta games, i have all gta games on ps2 and on ps3. i dislike this game because the game it self is broken or unfinished.

so thanks to silent patch and mods i can now play this game again but only on pc and without proplems, so without those the game is trash

Fooking Rekt

You can see if the Purple nines are there upon starting a new game. Lol

Journey_95

I always liked VC way more (my first GTA game and its just better in every way imho) but lol at your "complaints" and saying its the worst ever is just silly.

Rockstar didn't mess up at all, in fact they succeeded and made a groundbreaking game. Its a bit outdated now but what did you expect? Its 15 years old.

Edited by Journey_95
  • Like 3
Sergiu

the purple nines is nothing too big? dude do you know how longer it takes to reach purple nines part?

i dont dislike 3d era gta games, i have all gta games on ps2 and on ps3. i dislike this game because the game it self is broken or unfinished.

so thanks to silent patch and mods i can now play this game again but only on pc and without proplems, so without those the game is trash

Point still stands. Apart from the Purple Nines bug the rest of your points are invalid. Not to mention that you have no idea of what a broken game is. Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 1
Fooking Rekt

Seriously only takes like 5 minutes to see if they are there...

• Like 1
Grumpy Cat

I always liked VC way more (my first GTA game and its just better in every way imho) but lol at your "complaints" and saying its the worst ever is just silly.

Rockstar didn't mess up at all, in fact they succeeded and made a groundbreaking game. Its a bit outdated now but what did you expect? Its 15 years old.

well why they dont bother to fix some issues? but they do bother updating vice city, now theres 3 version of vice city

Sergiu

Because Vice City shipped with many more bugs than GTA 3 did. GTA 3 was also fixed for the most part as well.

That's one reason, also, both games came in multiple versions.

Edited by Sergiu
  • Like 1
Grumpy Cat

Seriously only takes like 5 minutes to see if they are there...

in this video i dont see any purple nines

Fooking Rekt

Yes, that is because i didn't delete my old save. I only recorded this to show how you can see if you have the glitch or not.

• Like 1
Big_Smiley

@OP

Everybody has opinions. I have so much respect for this game being part of my childhood filled with glamorous memories. Do you not realize this was the first gta made back in 2001? Not being mean at all but your points are just plain lousy. You can't keep on complaining at a game that was made over 14 years ago. And you say R* are pricks for making III? Just think about it with Gta 3. There would of never been a Gta 5 if it wasn't for this legendary game.

Edited by GTA_The_Series
  • Like 4
stef_92

It's even been 5 years since its 10th anniversary... It feels like it was last year.

I love that game. I mean, it was really big thing for its time. It also has a good storyline, and Liberty City has an unique atmosphere. I also like the fact that you can pass it in a different ways by locking some of the missions (adds more realism).

Yes it's buggy, the engine is not that good. Vice City definitely has a better engine and more realistic physics (apart from Tommy running like a cheetah). But GTA3 is GTA3, it was the first of its kind.

And BTW there are many asi plugins/scripts that fix a lot of bugs and improve the graphics. Just try SilentPatch, SkyGfx, Wide-screen fix... You will be surprised.

Edited by stef_92
  • Like 3
DimitriFaustin

Everyone's got their opinions, but the thing is, the game will be 15 years old this October. Sure, it's outdated and had the game been made today, there would have been much in the way of improvement, but here's

what I have to say: once you learn to get better at a game, you just might appreciate the game for what it is, flaws and what not.

• Like 1
Grumpy Cat

Yes, that is because i didn't delete my old save. I only recorded this to show how you can see if you have the glitch or not.

why they still haven't fixed it for the mobile port that been release in 2011?

@OP

Everybody has opinions. I have so much respect for this game being part of my childhood filled with glamorous memories. Do you not realize this was the first gta made back in 2001? Not being mean at all but your points are just plain lousy. You can't keep on complaining at a game that was made over 14 years ago. And you say R* are pricks for making III? Just think about it with Gta 3. There would of never been a Gta 5 if it wasn't for this legendary game.

i called R* pricks for not fixing this game

5) No Health/Armor upgrades

There is a Health upgrade, have sex with a Hooker. And who cares anyway, Health/Armor upgrades aren't needed.

i dont see why tommy vercetti needs 200% of health and armor when vice city isn't dangerous place then liberty city.

Edited by catfromnesbox
Fooking Rekt

How can they fix the game? Most people own a disc which can't be updated and the Mobile version isn't made by Rockstar.

It is unneeded, but they added rewards after 100% for all future games.

Edited by Fooking Rekt
  • Like 1