2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Yacht Spotting/Survey Grand Data Dump

ash-274

Strange, but in a good way. Looks like it took a lot of effort. Good work OP.

Surprised at some of the nationality stuff. Like, Canada only has two more yachts than the UK - but isn't Canada like, much bigger than the UK? Unless my geography's way off. Same with Russia - Russia's huge I'm sure, but only has eight yachts.

Nicely done. I'm a bit of a Pivot Chart/Table guy as well.

What were the most interesting surprises you found from your data? Do you have any other projects or are you burned out for now?

• Like 2

I think this is amazing, OP. Over the board (or railing, in this case) but still amazing. How long did this take you? Is the data muddied by the server locations (you tend to join games more with people from your country). That's maybe why you saw more U.S.A flags.

Edited by RedDagger

Nicely done. I'm a bit of a Pivot Chart/Table guy as well.

What were the most interesting surprises you found from your data? Do you have any other projects or are you burned out for now?

No, that's all.

One of the things I wanted to do was come up with a way to automatically could all the different option-combinations and to come up with the total vales while still keeping the lighting TYPE and COLOR as separate data columns.

Good work OP. Your likes will catch up.

Edited by RedDagger

How long did this take you? Is the data muddied by the server locations (you tend to join games more with people from your country). That's maybe why you saw more U.S.A flags.

I took pictures of names that amused me as far back as December, but didn't start making an effort to look at all yachts in a lobby until a few months ago.

I'm not sure anyone can explain how Rockstar organizes their servers or P2P connections, but I was over 350 yachts before I saw my first Russian flag, and then I saw 4 in the same lobby (probably friends). At its peak, USA accounted for 58% of the flags and it's been steadily declining. Players may have taken advantage of the recent sale to save 25% off the $25,000 to change the flag.

Edited by ash-274
  • Like 3

It's interesting, I did the same thing with the names and last week I came across my first orion. I think I've run into fewer than 2% but interestingly enough, I spend most all of my time in the north, both east and west. I wonder if the demographics would change significantly if you take geography into account...

PS-GTAIVplayer

Strange if the most expensive yacht is the most common. It's not defensible in that Piracy mission unless you've a big crew with you. It is easy money with the mid priced yacht in less busy lobbies, providing the another player isn't exploiting or cheating. Lel at all the Mexican drug lords, and seems lots of people just splash out on the priciest trim combos once they have the money.

Edited by PS-GTAIVplayer

It's interesting, I did the same thing with the names and last week I came across my first orion. I think I've run into fewer than 2% but interestingly enough, I spend most all of my time in the north, both east and west. I wonder if the demographics would change significantly if you take geography into account...

I'm not sure. I rarely made full laps around the map to check, because a lot of yacht owners don't care where their yacht it, so they leave it to the default Vespucci Beach and let the slots fill up there, just to the north, and around the airport.

Definitely friends, I've seen a lot of Jamaican flags from the same crew. The 420 crowd, you know. I'll keep a lookout on the variety of flags I come across as I also enjoy going in passive mode and just swimming/boating over to a boat. I'd like to buy my own yacht when I can spare that kind of money one day but chilling on somebody's boat is actually fun yet relaxing. Man, imagine if R* introduced livable blimps - you could spawn in a blimp and just chill there. No jet could shoot you down due to it being a spawn point. Watch over the city.

• Like 2

More likely than not, the ones up north are parked there on purpose too... I bet it would be fascinating how different they are.

Strange if the most expensive yacht is the most common. It's not defensible in that Piracy mission unless you've a big crew with you. It is easy money with the mid priced yacht in less busy lobbies, providing the another player isn't exploiting or cheating.

My thoughts exactly, I bought the Aquarius first too, but the very first time I was on a Pisces I realized how much better it was, not just personal taste (I like the Aquarius' radar/comms array better)but it was more defensible and had a greater ease of access stern-to-aft.

Definitely friends, I've seen a lot of Jamaican flags from the same crew. The 420 crowd, you know. I'll keep a lookout on the variety of flags I come across as I also enjoy going in passive mode and just swimming/boating over to a boat. I'd like to buy my own yacht when I can spare that kind of money one day but chilling on somebody's boat is actually fun yet relaxing. Man, imagine if R* introduced livable blimps - you could spawn in a blimp and just chill there. No jet could shoot you down due to it being a spawn point. Watch over the city.

Stop!!!! Damn it, now I want a blimp apartment. Jerk.
Edited by AlienTwo
  • Like 3

I'll save you the effort. Mine is the cheapest one. All default. United Kingdom flag.

I'm such a peasant (bought it on discount week).

• Like 2

Strange if the most expensive yacht is the most common. It's not defensible in that Piracy mission unless you've a big crew with you. It is easy money with the mid priced yacht in less busy lobbies, providing the another player isn't exploiting or cheating.

I've watched (in passive) and lots of 2-man teams defended Aquarius yachts successfully; even in the southwestern locations.

I've also defended mine and attacked Pisces and Aquarius yachts. The strategies differ, but there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

There's also the segment of owners that don't start those missions, but prefer the Supervolito and/or more Seasharks and/or the Toro. Then there are the ones that just wanted to spend money for the sake of spending money and don't care.

I've found that if you're passive and get into the yellow square and just sit on the couches while the defenders hopelessly shoot you, you can't win but you can certainly pocket some money with no effort. $400-$3000 when I did that.

Edited by ash-274

bloatedsack

Great post. Completely useless, but fascinating none the less. Extra points for exercising your inner statistician to bring us exciting pie charts.

• Like 3

Goddamn, Alien, what's that quote stroke? :lol:

I mistakenly bought the Hydra due to it being on special and I'm nearing back to 1mill again. If R* releases a blimp spawn point I'm buying it. I'm buying some cash cards - something I've sworn I'll never do. Can you imagine spawning in the sky? You can climb a staircase up to the top of the blimp where a helicopter sits on a helipad or you can fall through a trap door and open your parachute. How hard is that census gonna be for OP if blimps happen? Use a helicopter and hover behind blimps, checking their flags.

Edited by livejoker

If you feel like looking up all the names, there are some fun ones in there. A lot of crap ones, but some fun puns.

• Like 2

PS-GTAIVplayer

I've watched (in passive) and lots of 2-man teams defended Aquarius yachts successfully; even in the southwestern locations.

I've also defended mine and attacked Pisces and Aquarius yachts. The strategies differ, but there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

There's also the segment of owners that don't start those missions, but prefer the Supervolito and/or more Seasharks and/or the Toro. Then there are the ones that just wanted to spend money for the sake of spending money and don't care.

I've found that if you're passive and get into the yellow square and just sit on the couches while the defenders hopelessly shoot you, you can't win but you can certainly pocket some money with no effort. $400-$3000 when I did that.

It's a good deal easier with two sets of eyes. I'm in a few crews and it's hard to get another person on at the same time. If they are on, it's heists. The Pisces Piracy mission is a reasonably easy way to lift the k/d ratio if a person cares about it (not too many do as I see high ranks with 0.25 or the like). Some people do that last thing. It is bit annoying, but easier than hitting two stores. Also I suppose those who cheat or exploit their way to a big pile of money, say $100 mil, and then stop cheating are not going to have an acute interest in value for money.

On another yacht matter:

It is bit annoying a person can only call one stripper to a yacht. I don't think The Donald would have endure a mere one good time girl.

• Like 2

Nice work.

I like the effort with the gifs being of the same location at the same angle, just with different variations.

+1.

• Like 2

On another yacht matter:

It is bit annoying a person can only call one stripper to a yacht. I don't think The Donald would have endure a mere one good time girl.

That is strangely irritating; that and only the yacht owner can call for one and that only the one chair can be used for lap dances.

Nice work.

I like the effort with the gifs being of the same location at the same angle, just with different variations.

+1.

I can't take much credit for that.

The source images are from the DockTease website in-game and some cropping and gif-assembly.

Edited by RedDagger

This is great and very well detailed. a job well done

This inspires me to do a similar chart and observe how many times I get ran over by the NPCs? and what vehicle they were driving?.

Edited by eyman
  • Like 2

Now watch everyone try to change their yacht colours away from the popular ones :)

Now watch everyone try to change their yacht colours away from the popular ones :)

I'd love to see fewer Intrepid-painted yachts :dozing:

• Like 2

NubcakeVII

I live in America, but I put the German flag on my yacht.

Am I a bad person?

OP I would never have enough patience to do what you did. Great job!

• Like 2

CaptSpalding
I live in America, but I put the German flag on my yacht.

Am I a bad person?

No, your a Germerican.

• Like 2

Excellent research OP. Really, well done.

OT: IDK if my Yacht was considered, but it is the Pisces, has the Uniform skin, USA Flag, Chrome fittings, and I think the Vivacious gold neons if you need research for the next data compilation.