2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

If you can't BUY the LAZAR... then how do the jet griefers acquire

CrazyFerret

CrazyFerret

How do so many players, so easily acquire it and use it to shoot up a session?

If they're in a Hydra then thats different as you can buy that one on Warstock.

But the LAZAR is not available for purchase and so far as I'm aware there is no way to "save" one in a hanger once you acquire it; and 90% of the time that I see someone flying around in a LAZAR, I see them taking off from the main airport; or most often they take off from Sandy Shores airfield and then fly down into the city.

So is it safe to presume that most players using a LAZAR, are likely spawning it on the runway, through a Mod Menu?

Otherwise, I just don't see all the trouble of stealing one from Fort Zancudo being all that worth the effort, just to shoot up a few players on the map and get shot down a few minutes later... oh and then a few minutes after being shot down, said player is back in their newly re-spawned LAZAR and shooting up the session yet again.... surely they couldn't have stolen another one, from Fort Zancudo, that quickly and easily...

Furry_Monkey

If you're on PC then you can make a Lazer appear in front of you whenever you want.

Also, what you see as fun isn't necessarily what other people see as fun, and vice-versa.

• Like 2

I don't know about now (if its been patched or not) but in the old days, a lot of people just abused the 1 v 1 deathmatch system to spawn fresh Lazers for their friends.

• Like 3

Furry_Monkey

I don't know about now (if its been patched or not) but in the old days, a lot of people just abused the 1 v 1 deathmatch system to spawn fresh Lazers for their friends.

I think that's been patched. A guy in a jet accepted a 1v1 from me recently after I explained I honestly didn't care how many times he killed me unless it was a fair fight. The 1v1 started with him in his jet and me in the street. That was a disappointment.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 3

Compared to SP it's a breeze stealing a Lazer from FZ in Online, at least in my experience.

No trigger happy tanks, no AI aircraft giving chase, no SAM's. And no expiration time on the engine either, lol ...

If you are quick in and out, you will be long gone before they even respond.

Edited by Phedersen
  • Like 3

I think that's been patched.

Yes, which makes it hilarious when I kill someone in my jet and they ask for a 1v1

• Like 2

Arrows to Athens

You can still do that on LG, but I'm not sure about CG/PC.

Mattoropael

Otherwise, I just don't see all the trouble of stealing one from Fort Zancudo being all that worth the effort, just to shoot up a few players on the map and get shot down a few minutes later...

A properly-flown Lazer can stay in the air until the pilot is absolutely sick of it, especially if the session players are too dumb to wear it down with the heavy sniper.

Hell, I've done it several times with a Hydra, and that's the worse dogfighting jet.

CrazyFerret

So its safe to presume that players who usually spawn their LAZAR on the airport runway, or anywhere else in the City... are likely doing so from a Mod Menu or some such?

Arrows to Athens

I think that's been patched. A guy in a jet accepted a 1v1 from me recently after I explained I honestly didn't care how many times he killed me unless it was a fair fight. The 1v1 started with him in his jet and me in the street. That was a disappointment.

So it still works on LG then.

Cops turn blind eye and walk into the air base

One does not simply walk into Mordor.....

Or perhaps one does.... with the right connections and the $$$.

Edited by MrCostari

Even without cops turn a blind eye, its surprisingly easy to steal a jet. Ive done it by driving over the fence with a random motorcycle plenty of times. Just lure all of the soldiers away from the jets or have other players distract them for you

Compared to SP it's a breeze stealing a Lazer from FZ in Online, at least in my experience.

No trigger happy tanks, no AI aircraft giving chase, no SAM's. And no expiration time on the engine either, lol ...

You must play Invite Only sessions, on public lobbies it's way harder when AI jets can make your jet to suffer spontaneous combustion

FlacidJack

If you're on PC then you can make a Lazer appear in front of you whenever you want.

Also, what you see as fun isn't necessarily what other people see as fun, and vice-versa.

how do we make a Lazer appear on PC? Is that a VIP thing or do you mean with a mod menu?

fear_the_nut70

LAZAR needs to be added to Warstock already.

Edited by fear_the_nut70

streetx1xracer

OP, and anyone else making an issue/conplaint topic in future, put your platform into the description. The game is available for 5 platforms and the community shouldn't be playing tic tac toe figuring out the platform.

• Like 2

FlacidJack

OP, and anyone else making an issue/conplaint topic in future, put your platform into the description. The game is available for 5 platforms and the community shouldn't be playing tic tac toe figuring out the platform.

all those specs in his signature should help you win this tic tac toe ;)
  • Like 1

I didn't know you were upgraded to mod status.

So its safe to presume that players who usually spawn their LAZAR on the airport runway, or anywhere else in the City... are likely doing so from a Mod Menu or some such?

Or they might have landed it there and taken off, however if you're seeing this regularly and it's not on CG then you're probably right in assuming it to be a mod menu.

Soran Is On

with a Hydra, and that's the worse dogfighting jet.

not if you know how to utilize hover mode during loops

StangOne50

On PS3 it is not patched, but it does not always work. You have to accept the dm b4 the player respawns and even then sometimes it does not work. It works with friends more often because they know they have to accept the dm fast.

OT...I use blind eye. If I get shot down or crash I can call the hydra and quickly get back to the base for another Lazer. To me the Lazer is so much better than the Hydra, that it is worth the trip.

Furry_Monkey

how do we make a Lazer appear on PC? Is that a VIP thing or do you mean with a mod menu?

Mod menu. If the Hydra was available on the VIP menu it would be ridiculous.

• Like 3

Robaldinio

Can't tell if OP is trolling?

The hardest part about getting a Lazer is being arsed driving all the way to FZ. If you're really finding it difficult to escape without being shot down by a tank etc, just call Lester and use 'Cops Turn Blind Eye'.

Stealing a vehicle from the military base is probably the easiest daily challenge after watch a movie and ride a fairground ride. :lol:

• Like 1

You must play Invite Only sessions, on public lobbies it's way harder when AI jets can make your jet to suffer spontaneous combustion

In my experience, it's easier when there are more people in the lobby and even more so when there's more of them closer to FZ. Used to do car meets a lot and one common activity was having the entire lobby hop the fence and race around the strip. With 20+ people, the tanks pretty much don't even shoot because they can't prioritize a single player and all the foot soldiers and Crusaders despawn constantly as the game tries to load them in other spots for other players. There's a finite amount of activity that the game can handle contained in a small area. The more activity and the smaller the area results in the game bugging out. People were able to constantly steal jets without being chased or shot down by the turrets and you can even afford to have a few people take a Sunday stroll around FZ with no worry so long as the others are driving fast enough up and down the runway.

Cops turn blind eye and walk into the air base

This, or invoke Rambo and Top Gun and just get onto the base, get a Lazer, and get out without the infinite well-armed soldiers and their armed vehicles or missile defense system taking you down. Old school way!

If you've done that, you've earned the right to jet-grief a little.

Can't tell if OP is trolling?

The hardest part about getting a Lazer is being arsed driving all the way to FZ. If you're really finding it difficult to escape without being shot down by a tank etc, just call Lester and use 'Cops Turn Blind Eye'.

Stealing a vehicle from the military base is probably the easiest daily challenge after watch a movie and ride a fairground ride. :lol:

The question wasn't "how do I get one from FZ?" it was "how do some people seem to get them from other airfields?" The answer is "they are cheating."

MGgames100

It's quite easy to get. Lazar usually spawns next to Karuma when you drive Snipe in Algonquin.

The Wandering Hunter

do you realise that stealing a laser is easy as f*ck op?

it takes 2 minutes

if you pay 5k you can get one undamaged

• Like 1