3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Did Ashley get Johnny killed?

Cops n Crooks

Cops n Crooks

Does anyone think that Johnny and his personal demons got himself killed? The way Trevor explained it to Ron flying back to the airstrip during the mission, "Nervous Ron" made sense. "Man was weak for crystal, weak for Ashley, man was weak."

Ashley basically got Johnny killed. Mix his love for Ashley with drugs like crystal meth is a bad combination. Ashley really only cared about drugs if you think about it. All that "loving Johnny" was bullsh*t. She got banged by Trevor for fu** sake and just wanted to "smoke up now" as she put it. Her only real love was drugs... She probably knew her knight and shining armor (Johnny in this case) would show up to bring her back to him but what happens, Trevor kicks his head in because we go back to the "WEAK" part here mentioned above. He got all wild up saying to Trevor, "you been fu**ing my girl" calling him an "a**hole" and stuff. He then starts to calm down and was trying to apologize to Trevor but Trevor wasn't going for it. And we all know what happened next... If someone is to blame here it's Ashley.

That was one dangerous girl. Johnny even mentions her being dangerous in TLAD when he rescues her. What does she do later on? During an in-game radio station news update she is later found dead along with a other's in a drug crazed orgy in a motel. She didn't care for anyone but herself and her love for crystal meth.

Thoughts?

Edited by Cops n Crooks
  • Like 2

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Ugh..yes? Johny was always weak for ash. It turned him into some lowlife that ended up getting killed the first seconds after we're introduced to Trevor

Tragic, really. :/

• Like 2

No, TLAD's low sales killed Klebitz.

🔮

Edited by Seventh Star
  • Like 3

Dangerous and sad

That's why I ran her over as soon as Johnnys brain and Trevors boot were finally together.

Cops n Crooks

🔮

Anybody else without the need for a childish thought? Sad, we live in a day in age where people care more about the sales of a game rather than the game itself. Tragic

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Edited by Cops n Crooks
  • Like 4

Shadowfennekin

Yep. She got him killed, if it wasn't for her Johnny might still be alive. I run her over everytime I do that mission.

• Like 1

DimitriFaustin

I'd say it's a combination of it being both Ashley's fault and Johnny's fault. Ashley was the perpetual bad influence, and it's her fault for getting involved with the Lost MC. It's Johnny's fault because, ultimately, he made the decisions he did and therefore he paid the ultimate price.

Anybody else without the need for a childish thought? Sad, we live in a day in age where people care more about the sales of a game rather than the game itself. Tragic

We're also living in a day of age where, despite countless problems all over the world such as mass starvation and economical recession, people would rather go onto an internet forum and b***h about the death of a fictional

character. That's pathetic. The "first-world problems" people claim to have aren't really problems considering what happens all over the world every day.

Absolutely right, OP.

Rockstar did a damn good job here, unlike what people argue that Johnny's death was included for mere shock value and deserved a much better ( respectful ) death, really don't ( or just don't want to? ) realise the fact that he had been in a relationship with a "drug addict" Ashley in TLAD. I mean, seriously, R* even dedicated a special mission called "Roman's holiday" that clearly shows the silly drama between these two lovebirds where Johnny goes out to kidnap Roman just because Ashley is in debt and her life was at stake. This is why Johnny in GTA V is not the same badass his fans used to know and praise him in TLAD but the other Johnny that the fans just didn't care to know because he was a complete idiot when it comes to Ashley.

Ashley: Johnny. I'm gonna quit.

Johnny: Yeah and I'm an idiot believing in your bullsh*t all this time.

Ashley: It ain't your fault.

Johnny: It's my fault I'm a f*cking moron.

Everything is explained very well about how much Johnny cared about Ashley during TLAD, except it was missing the closure fitting for the kind of relationship Rockstar had developed. In V, its not about giving a closure to this character called Johnny, but about giving a closure to this "relationship" which I think R* did complete justice and handled in a mature way than going for a ridiculous type that sounds like a heroic death for Johnny that's completely at odds with the events that happened in the past, esp, his relationship with Ashley.

Nearly every notable event in TLAD storyline is due to Ashley's actions and dishonesty. Her cheating with Billy Grey strained his and Johnny Klebitz' friendship, which eventually led the gang to civil war. Her debt with the Russians made Johnny kidnap Roman Bellic. Her affair with Ray Boccino sucked Johnny into the diamonds story arc. Finally, her cheating with Trevor Philips led to Johnny's death and several Lost members of the Stab City chapter.

slimeball supreme

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is spot on. Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Like 2

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Dangerous and sad

Yea because it's not as if rockstar decided to make the game exclusive to 1 console for nearly a year.

Cops n Crooks

I'd say it's a combination of it being both Ashley's fault and Johnny's fault. Ashley was the perpetual bad influence, and it's her fault for getting involved with the Lost MC. It's Johnny's fault because, ultimately, he made the decisions he did and therefore he paid the ultimate price.

We're also living in a day of age where, despite countless problems all over the world such as mass starvation and economical recession, people would rather go onto an internet forum and b***h about the death of a fictional

character. That's pathetic. The "first-world problems" people claim to have aren't really problems considering what happens all over the world every day.

Umm, excuse me? Nobody is bit**ing at all...

Comparing countless problems all over the world such as mass starvation and economical recession to something like video games? Congrats

I will thank you for your thought on the matter though... I gave you a like coz' you gave my topic a like. Only fair

Edited by Cops n Crooks

Pink Pineapple

This is why Johnny in GTA V is not the same badass his fans used to know and praise him in TLAD but the other Johnny that the fans just didn't care to know because he was a complete idiot when it comes to Ashley.

In Liberty City, Johnny got into conflicts due to Ashley, but he wasn't a pussy meth addict.

So why did the whole gang suddenly move across the country where Johnny somehow becomes a drug addict and a total wimp? It was cheap shock value writing.

It was garbage writing just like endings A and B and other instances like Wade finding Michael.

ChiroVette

Several factors got Johnny killed:

First, awesome creativity and writing on Rockstar's part! Man, ya gotta love Dan Houser's incredible team. Killing Johnny was perfectly timed, humorous as all hell, and executed (lol no pun intended) flawlessly!

Second, it set Trevor up to be the fantastic badass that he is!

Third, Johnny was killed because he was a drug-addled, mindless, pussy-whipped nothing. He was a total non-entity in the GTA universe who looks a helluva lot better playing bookend to the gum on Trevor's other shoe than he ever did in the series before. Death becomes you, Johnny. It really does!

Fourth, and perhaps best of all, it sh*t all over Snore, which, in and of itself is always a great thing. I am so glad to see Rockstar doing it, too and not just the dedicated fans like me!

Edited by ChiroVette

Cops n Crooks

This is why Johnny in GTA V is not the same badass his fans used to know and praise him in TLAD but the other Johnny that the fans just didn't care to know because he was a complete idiot when it comes to Ashley.

In Liberty City, Johnny got into conflicts due to Ashley, but he wasn't a pussy meth addict.

So why did the whole gang suddenly move across the country where Johnny somehow becomes a drug addict and a total wimp?

I think that Johnny turned into a pussy meth addict for still "staying with Ashley". Mix her with drugs and something good won't happen. That's just the way I look at it. Damn, Ashely really was a cold-hearted b-word. She would cheat on Johnny anytime no doubt. She was with guys in that apartment doing drugs in that mission "Coming Down" in TLAD. Then we see her getting banged out in V by Trevor and her first words that come out of her mouth are "Trevor, baby? Do you wanna smoke up now?" Her only love was the drugs. Edited by Cops n Crooks

Cops n Crooks

Second, it set Trevor up to be the fantastic badass that he is! [/u]

Hmm, I didn't sense Trevor being a badass at all towards the end of the story. I just witnessed him yelling and being turned into BBQ in a fire. I wonder where his badass went then? :D

I'm just glad there are only two playable character's now on my character switch wheel.

Edited by Cops n Crooks
  • Like 2

ChiroVette

I'm just glad there are only two playable character's now on my character switch wheel.

That ending doesn't exist on any of my saves. Trevor is still the consummate badass, awesomely psychotic force of nature he has always been since the moment I started playing the game.

Johnny Meth-addled K, on the other hand, has to die no matter how you choose to progress V's incredible story.

Edited by ChiroVette
  • Like 1

DimitriFaustin

Comparing countless problems all over the world such as mass starvation and economical recession to something like video games? Congrats

I will thank you for your thought on the matter though... I gave you a like coz' you gave my topic a like. Only fair

I'd only joined this forum in March, but I've actually looked at the forum since 2011 - back when GTA V was released in 2013, numerous threads were made by angry Johnny fanboys who were mad about how a fictional character died

and it just so happened to be their favourite one. I wasn't making a comparison between the world's problems and video games at all though. I was just trying to say that some video game fans are so radical that they think their "problems" are more important to grieve about than problems that truly affect people all over the world, and it's people like that who give gamers a bad reputation. Seeing that you joined two weeks ago, I'd just like to point out what happened back then. But thanks for the like, though.

• Like 2

Johnny Spaz

Ashley must've had some good pussy for Johnny to be so in love with her, and yes Ash did get him killed

• Like 3

Cops n Crooks

I'd only joined this forum in March, but I've actually looked at the forum since 2011 - back when GTA V was released in 2013, numerous threads were made by angry Johnny fanboys who were mad about how a fictional character died

and it just so happened to be their favourite one. I wasn't making a comparison between the world's problems and video games at all though. I was just trying to say that some video game fans are so radical that they think their "problems" are more important to grieve about than problems that truly affect people all over the world, and it's people like that who give gamers a bad reputation. Seeing that you joined two weeks ago, I'd just like to point out what happened back then. But thanks for the like, though.

Oh, I been here longer on my older account but forgot my email address. I believe I joined around 2007. But that doesn't have anything to do with the point because it doesn't mean anything. So what if someone joins late or not. Some people actually have lives than logging onto a forum every single day. But ok, let's get back to the topic at hand. Not trying to start anything man :)

I'm also not a hardcore Johnny K. fan. His death was set up perfectly in my opinion. Rockstar nailed it! You don't go walking into Trevor Philips territory (Blaine County) and think that hardcore biker crap runs that place. Nope...

Edited by Cops n Crooks
  • Like 3

DimitriFaustin

Oh, I been here longer on my older account but forgot my email address. I believe I joined around 2007. But that doesn't have anything to do with the point because it doesn't mean anything. So what if someone joins late or not. Some people actually have lives than logging onto a forum every single day. But ok, let's get back to the topic at hand. Not trying to start anything man :)

I'm also not a hardcore Johnny K. fan. His death was set up perfectly in my opinion. Rockstar nailed it! You don't go walking into Trevor Philips territory (Blaine County) and think that hardcore biker crap runs that place. Nope...

Oh, I see. I totally agree with you, it shows that there's no happy endings in GTA. I'm cool with you by the way. :cool:

• Like 1

Maibatsu545

No, lazy writing got Johnny killed. If you played the end of TLAD he clearly states in a phone call that he his done with her for good. This was retconned of course in GTA5 because not even rockstar played that boring ass DLC.

Edited by Maibatsu545

Mac Tonight

What got Johnny killed was his over-obsession with some dumb trailer trash biker slut and not focusing enough on the actual gang. My god, you remember seeing Johnny's gang in GTA V? How rundown, unorganized and powerless it was? One moment you're taking out AoD bikers left and right, taking their territory and even raiding a f*cking PRISON, the next moment some psychotic meth head with a bad temper takes out the whole operation in like, 3 missions.

Moral of the story? Bros before hoes

Cops n Crooks

But seriously though, did anybody else think Wade banged Ashley too? Wade was like one of my favorite character's in the game.

Trevor - You think it's right to disrespect women?

Wade - Disrespect? Uh, I was just saying we should kill her.

Edited by Cops n Crooks

In Liberty City, Johnny got into conflicts due to Ashley, but he wasn't a pussy meth addict. So why did the whole gang suddenly move across the country where Johnny somehow becomes a drug addict and a total wimp? It was cheap shock value writing.

If it was meant to be a cheap shock value then they'd got errand boy Niko Bellic's skull ( frankly speaking, I'd have absolutely loved it ) crushed with Trevor's boot. Such a "shock value" would be "intentional" but in case of Johnny and Ashley, it is meant to send a clear message about their relationship, focusing on the intense love between the two silly lovebirds, and how Johnny ends up smoking meth and becomes addicted just like Ashley and becoming an unfortunate victim of Trevor that led to his death. The "shock value" here is not Johnny's death, in my view, but the reaction from players after they gain control for the first time ( after prologue ) over Trevor and that was "intentional" on R* part to create an impression about his character that makes the players a bit uncomfortable from watching this whole act.

In short, Rockstar smartly hit two birds with one stone: It made fans feel quite sad to see Johnny in terms of his relationship with Ashley that he still cared about her, and this unfortunate ending for Ashley to witness and make her realize that the only reason for this is her drug addiction despite Johnny always had a desire for her to change her habits related to drug addiction and can lead to a better life. But Ashley just ruined not only her own life but got Johnny killed as well who loved her so much. We can see the reaction of Ashley crying for the loss over his lover but its too late now and the player is given an option to deal with Ashley by killing or sparing her. Sparing her is the best option if you want to see her suffer even worse fate for all she had done and made Johnny go through. So, I don't see Johnny as a pussy but more sympathetic towards him and his love for her even though he could've just left her but Rockstar wanted to make them reunite in order to create a strong first impression about Trevor's character that would provoke an emotion and feeling towards his actions during the whole mission which worked perfectly in their favor the way they desired to show..

• Like 2

Maibatsu545

They should've brought back Niko who's good friends with Darko now, CJ as a balla OG,Tommy back working with the Forellis, Toni working for the Sindaccos, Luis Lopez (now suddenly a homophobe) working for and best friends with Rocco, Vic Vance back as a guy who loves dealing coke and who doesn't want to get out of the drug trade and Claude happily working with Catalina again just to complete the 'nonsensical character change' circle.

Edited by Maibatsu545
  • Like 2

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Poor writing got Johnny killed.

ChiroVette

Poor writing got Johnny killed.

Awesome writing got Johnny killed. Along with great comedy, fan apathy about IV's forgettable characters (which Johnny was symptomatic of), and the elevation of Trevor to the penultimate badass that he is in Blaine County all got Johnny the fate he so richly deserved.

They should've brought back Niko

Yes they should have!

Trevor does, after all, have another shoe, right? :r*::r*::r*:

• Like 1

Absolutely right, OP.

Rockstar did a damn good job here, unlike what people argue that Johnny's death was included for mere shock value and deserved a much better ( respectful ) death, really don't ( or just don't want to? ) realise the fact that he had been in a relationship with a "drug addict" Ashley in TLAD. I mean, seriously, R* even dedicated a special mission called "Roman's holiday" that clearly shows the silly drama between these two lovebirds where Johnny goes out to kidnap Roman just because Ashley is in debt and her life was at stake. This is why Johnny in GTA V is not the same badass his fans used to know and praise him in TLAD but the other Johnny that the fans just didn't care to know because he was a complete idiot when it comes to Ashley.

Ashley: Johnny. I'm gonna quit.

Johnny: Yeah and I'm an idiot believing in your bullsh*t all this time.

Ashley: It ain't your fault.

Johnny: It's my fault I'm a f*cking moron.

Everything is explained very well about how much Johnny cared about Ashley during TLAD, except it was missing the closure fitting for the kind of relationship Rockstar had developed. In V, its not about giving a closure to this character called Johnny, but about giving a closure to this "relationship" which I think R* did complete justice and handled in a mature way than going for a ridiculous type that sounds like a heroic death for Johnny that's completely at odds with the events that happened in the past, esp, his relationship with Ashley.

Nearly every notable event in TLAD storyline is due to Ashley's actions and dishonesty. Her cheating with Billy Grey strained his and Johnny Klebitz' friendship, which eventually led the gang to civil war. Her debt with the Russians made Johnny kidnap Roman Bellic. Her affair with Ray Boccino sucked Johnny into the diamonds story arc. Finally, her cheating with Trevor Philips led to Johnny's death and several Lost members of the Stab City chapter.

I've only played TLAD once and never have understood all the attention for this one throwaway character. It/the story was good, but yeah, you're basically right on with this (took me a bit to see Ashley as the center of it all).

Just too bad she was finally written away - I would've liked the chance to play as Trevor and finally put a bullet through her head (some future DLC could've featured a meth war out in Blaine County, with her as the girlfriend/side f*ck of the antagonist Trevor has to kill)