Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,333 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AngelBryan

Graphic Issues on Android

Question

AngelBryan

I have some graphic bugs on GTA San Andreas on Android.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700M) with Android 5.1.1 lollipop, 1.5 GB of RAM, 1.5 GHz Octa Core Exynos 7580 Processor and a Mali T720 (Single Core) GPU.

Here are some pictures showing the problem: http://imgur.com/a/Z29T4

I will wait until Rockstar optimizes the game for my device but i would like to know why i am having this problems, since i have the same pixelated textures with Vice City and no problems with GTA III.

Have you ever experienced this before? did you find a fix? or fixed itself with the time?

Thanks.

Edited by Angel Bryan

16 answers to this question

Fooking Rekt

This is a known issue on newer devices which Wardrum Studios doesn't care to fix

George Costanza

It's problem with compression type on Mali GPUs. You can fix it in SA by

Fix for pixelated textures on Mali devices

Extract two .obb to Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtasa/files/. Go to texdb folder, remove all files in subdirectories with etc name and change name dxt to etc.

AngelBryan

It's problem with compression type on Mali GPUs. You can fix it in SA by

Fix for pixelated textures on Mali devices Extract two .obb to Android/data/com.rockstargames.gtasa/files/. Go to texdb folder, remove all files in subdirectories with etc name and change name dxt to etc.

Did this works with Vice City too? And this solve that weird graphic bug that appears on San Andreas? You know that flickering kind of bug on the screen.

AngelBryan

This is a known issue on newer devices which Wardrum Studios doesn't care to fix

I already contacted Rockstar support asking if they can add my phone to the incoming supported devices but since is Wardrum Studios who makes the port, do you think i need to contact them instead. Do you think asking on the support services will work? I mean i paid for their product to later find that dosen't work. Is their duty to fix the game and hear their customers right?

Fooking Rekt

I already contacted Rockstar support asking if they can add my phone to the incoming supported devices but since is Wardrum Studios who makes the port, do you think i need to contact them instead. Do you think asking on the support services will work? I mean i paid for their product to later find that dosen't work. Is their duty to fix the game and hear their customers right?

You can contact them, good luck. My phone (Galaxy S5) has been released in February 2014 and they never bothered to optimise it for VC. My phone can barely handle VC...

LeaperStone

Yes it was occurred to me

Edited by LeaperStone

NettersDaPro023

My brother has Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime and has this weird graphic issue too. It can't be fixed I guess, just ignore it :)

XNGamer

I have a HUAWEI P8 Lite (Android), same annoying problem. It happens on all Samsung, Huawei and LG high-end phones. On iPhone 7 it does not happen, iOS version is optimized.

This glitching is an incompatibility issue: the game was last updated in March 2015 and the only Android capable of running at Max settings is the *Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo Plus*, phone of the same 2015, but it had defects which forced me to change it.

The performance on modern Android phones (samsung s7, s8) is just embarrassing, if someone comes around, please send a notofication nessage to Rockstar about a possible update which would fix these issues.

Also, how Snapdragon struggles with an Unreal Engine game is just awkward.

Edited by XNGamer

Masterbobbo

I saw that there was an update for IOS two months ago, where they resolved some bugs, including the white textures bug blocking the view from time to time. They also resolved the Hunter Helicopter bug where you couldn't use the rockets, since an excess button was blocking the other button (you can see the full list of resolved bugs in that update here https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007825208). They should be preparing an update for Android also, I hope.

I can say that I'm a bit disappointed with the mobile version of GTA SA. Guess Wardrum Studious didn't do their work properly. I expected that they would even resolve some of the bugs which were present in the PC version. But those bugs are still there and there are even new ones. Hope they patch up most of the games issues in the near future :)

XNGamer

[...] I expected that they would even resolve some of the bugs which were present in the PC version. But those bugs are still there and there are even new ones. Hope they patch up most of the games issues in the near future :)

The mobile port is a copy of the PC / PS / XBOX ports, so it maintains the same exact "universal" bugs without a fix, plus the port-related bugs which need a fix.

I saw that there was an update for IOS two months ago, where they resolved some bugs, including the white textures bug blocking the view from time to time. [...]

Anyway, I didn't know these graphic issues appeared also for the iOS, thanks for the info. I hope the Android patch for these issues comes soon. Edited by XNGamer

LibertyCityStories
Posted (edited)

I also have visual bugs,usually when a vehicle is near me,for some reason something white,like an object,appears and covers part of the environment,and bothers me cuz i cant see a sh*t,my device is Lenovo Tab 4 8',with Android 7.1.1. Also it lags a lot in interiors and at some areas,even with graphic settings on low. Also sometimes some peds are partly invisible,either the torse or the legs. Also I have an issue with crashing,I read in R* website that clearing the cache should fix it,I cleared the cache,it worked for some time and now i have crashes again.

Edited by LibertyCityStories

XNGamer
Posted (edited)

Your device has good specs and is pretty recent - however the game is not optimized. Don't worry, a Samsung S8 doesn't perform much better. The ideal is to play this game on an Iphone/Ipad or a high-end Android phone of ~2015 - that's when it was last patched :/

Edited by XNGamer

LibertyCityStories

Phones have small screen thats why i play on tablet,otherwise i would be playing it on my Lenovo A1000.

XNGamer
Posted (edited)

Ipad and older Samsung tablets may work to play snoothly without glitches. Apparently the game doesn't support newer devices and older minor brand phones.

Edited by XNGamer

Big_Smiley
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, XNGamer said:

Ipad and older Samsung tablets may work to play snoothly without glitches. Apparently the game doesn't support newer devices and older minor brand phones.

It lags like sh*t on the galaxy S8 with full settings on, so even to this day not even the damn high end smart phones can run SA at full graphic potential. Unbelievable for a damn 2004 game and people still wanted to R* to port IV for mobile devices on It's 10th anniversary. Lmao we're not quite there yet in mobile technology.

And you got a point, the f*cking game hasn't been updated since 2015 so the game is a mess on current devices. R* didn't even sh*t once to optimize SA for newer devices. Much appreciated R* :r*:(Sarcasm)

Edited by Big_Smiley

XNGamer
Posted (edited)

Damn, a Samsung of early 2015 can play the game at full settings -R* doesn't give half a damn about Android releases. As I said above, playing it on a S8 = murder, worse than S3! Iphone and all iOS work much better.

Edited by XNGamer