Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,097 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Zello

The Mikhail Faustin Appreciation Thread

Majestic81

He was a c*nt. Whats there to appreciate about him?

B Dawg

That he wasn't a backstabbing one? :p

Thelema93

I appreciate his voice actor Karel Roden. He did a good job with making Faustin sound menacing yet entertaining at the same time.

Majestic81

That he wasn't a backstabbing one? :p

Well Dimitri was a c*nt as well.

I appreciate his voice actor Karel Roden. He did a good job with making Faustin sound menacing yet entertaining at the same time.

I remember the voice actor from that movie with Robert De Niro. He was crazy!

theGTAking101

I never thought of comparing him to Trevor, but it works. They're both psychopaths who are always either drunk or on drugs, who can snap and kill you at any moment. Only difference is Mikhail is serious, threatening and well written.

I wish Trevor was more like this, it would've made him a much better protagonist.

I felt bad killing him, cause he was right about Dimitri all along.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

It should have been Jimmy Pegorino that died early on in the piece. Faustin should have been the main antagonist.

Zello

I remember the voice actor from that movie with Robert De Niro. He was crazy!

Dimitri pissed him off again!

Edited by Zello

Lenny™

Am I the only one who thinks Mikhail Faustin is a like with Tony Montana?

To be honest, I see them both as the same like both had a wife and threated their womans also badly, both were cocain/drugs freaks, both were maniacs and loved just to kill people, etc..

Zello

I never thought of comparing him to Trevor, but it works. They're both psychopaths who are always either drunk or on drugs, who can snap and kill you at any moment. Only difference is Mikhail is serious, threatening and well written.

I wish Trevor was more like this, it would've made him a much better protagonist.

I felt bad killing him, cause he was right about Dimitri all along.

Shows you how good the writing was in IV I really wanted a game based on Faustin's rise to power in Hove beach.

The Deadite

He was way better than Dimitri, more interesting and entertaining, wished he was the main antagonist instead.

Journey_95

Faustin was a f*cking badass, wish he had a bigger role in the game. So much better than Pergorino, Dimitri etc.

He and Ray Bulgarin (IV version) deserved better.

Edited by Journey_95

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Am I the only one who thinks Mikhail Faustin is a like with Tony Montana?

To be honest, I see them both as the same like both had a wife and threated their womans also badly, both were cocain/drugs freaks, both were maniacs and loved just to kill people, etc..

He does sound like Al Pacino, I always thought that.

Uncle Vlad

"Good Lord...what are you doing?!"

"Nothing...I mean...I was finding out who he is..."

"And? Who is he?"

"He is...his cousin."

"You were about to cut up some guy in my house, making all that noise, to find out he is his cousin? Where did you find this idiot?"

My favourite scene with Mr. Faustin.

Algonquin Assassin

Faustin's a brilliant character. Thinking about it he does have that Tony Montana aura about him. To be honest the first time Dimitri ordered Niko to kill him I didn't really want to.

Should've been in the story longer.:(

Uncle Vlad

Faustin's a brilliant character. Thinking about it he does have that Tony Montana aura about him. To be honest the first time Dimitri ordered Niko to kill him I didn't really want to.

Should've been in the story longer. :(

On my first playthrough, after finishing "Final Destination", I thought there´ll be a war between Faustin and Petrovic and Niko getting caught between the fronts. Would´ve been awesome.

Big Mike

Yeah I'm gonna say the same thing as everybody else. I wish he was in the story longer.

KOJI

Faustin was one guy I didn't want to kill.

JosephStalin

Love Mikhail he was intimidating, psychotic, funny, pretty much everything you want from a GTA character.

And let's face it that weasel Rascalov would have just been some prison queen, meat for some gym monkey if it wasn't for Mr. Faustin. ;)

taavidude

He was an asshole.... until i realized he really was right about Dimitri.

Edited by taavidude

Michael

Mikhail Faustin was a mafia leader, he wasn't there to be nice to his wife and people around him. He was there to keep things under control. Working in an environment where you can get assassinated out of nowhere when you walk on the street, when you are eating with your family or even having fun at your own nightclub is actually not really that fun, he knew that Dimitri would end up taking over his gang and Dimitri also said that he wasn't always like this. But I agree with some here, I wish he stayed in the story longer so we could see what would happen to the gang and the war between the Petrovics after blowing up their garage.

CreepShow

It really sucks that he was killed so early. Replaying the missions, Dimitri said that he wanted Bellic to get the money they need, but Faustin said they needed to blow some garage. So, maybe if Faustin listened to Dimitri, maybe things could've been different.I mean, Niko is not the only one taking decisions

Michael

So, maybe if Faustin listened to Dimitri, maybe things could've been different.

Yeah definitely. Faustin got whacked by Niko and if Faustin didn't order Nik to blow up the garage and if he didn't tried to start an new gang war maybe he didn't got whacked..

Edited by Bleached

CreepShow

Its like we could have had a different universe, different mission, different outcome.

Zello

They should have had a moment with him waking up hungover with a drawing of a dick on his face and he's unaware that it's there and he gives Niko a mission but Niko doesn't tell him it would have been hilarious.

CreepShow

They should have had a moment with him waking up hungover with a drawing of a dick on his face and he's unaware that it's there and he gives Niko a mission but Niko doesn't tell him it would have been hilarious.

I think Niko's sense of humor is much better than that.

Absar J Khan

Well,Why did Dimitri kill Mikhail Faustin by Niko?

CreepShow

Mikhail went too far, too much killing.

Uncle Vlad

Because he wanted to climb the criminal ladder and Faustin was in his way, so he stabbed his old friend in the back like he did with everyone else.

Osho

Clearly misleading there. Any one who has played IV would realise Dimitri's reasons to kill Faustin are understandable. If he didn't make a move then he would've ended up risking his life for Faustin's wrong decisions becoming difficult to handle due to his bad temper issues. Faustin didn't even listen to any of Dimitri's advice, and despite all the insults Dimitri was still somehow working with that guy which is commendable.

Until Lenny's murder as it violates a peace treaty making him an enemy to the most powerful mobster in the city, Kenny Petrovic. Clearly, Faustin crossed the limits this time and Dimitri had no option left than silence him.

Simple as that, really.

Faustin warning Niko that Dimitri will betray him as well doesn't justify what he did was right either, nor makes sense for Dimitri to pay the price on his behalf.

Dimitri did a smart thing. I don't find what he did with Faustin backstabbing, AT ALL! Period.

Uncle Vlad

It really sucks that he was killed so early. Replaying the missions, Dimitri said that he wanted Bellic to get the money they need, but Faustin said they needed to blow some garage. So, maybe if Faustin listened to Dimitri, maybe things could've been different.I mean, Niko is not the only one taking decisions

Yeah, I wish he would´ve been in the storyline for longer, it´s pretty much the same as with Vlad. But it also has its good side. It shows how much effort they put into the game, even side characters like Faustin and Vlad, who aren´t in the storyline for too long, are brilliantly written.