3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Voodoo

Random Chat vTK-421

AiraCobra

Couldn't for the life of me figure out how the hell I am so low on disk space as I only have 15-20 games installed on a seperate 1TB HD from my 200GB main drive and only a hand full of regular programs so I uninstalled a few games but still wasn't gaing back much space then it donned on me to check my folder where my game screenshots and videos are stored.

Here is had 120GB worth of screenshots and videos going back months and months.

I never realized how big some of those GeForce Experience video clips are

DOUGL4S1
59 minutes ago, AiraCobra said:

Couldn't for the life of me figure out how the hell I am so low on disk space as I only have 15-20 games installed on a seperate 1TB HD from my 200GB main drive and only a hand full of regular programs so I uninstalled a few games but still wasn't gaing back much space then it donned on me to check my folder where my game screenshots and videos are stored.

Here is had 120GB worth of screenshots and videos going back months and months.

I never realized how big some of those GeForce Experience video clips are

GTA IV clip captures are the worst. I once deleted ~250GB of old GTA IV and EFLC clips.

This also reminds me to clean my Fraps files...

FearThoseWhoFearHim
Posted (edited)

Drumming with e-drums with a big speaker to loud and there are no annoying neighbors but with an acoustic drumkit, I had all the street in front of the door, wtf.

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

chronic lumbago

Did anyone miss me I've been gone for years

HeavyDuke
35 minutes ago, chronic lumbago said:

Those who did, are now dead. It's to late now. We now have a bunch of wild penguins violating forum members nowadays. Better watch your back.

AiraCobra
1 hour ago, DOUGL4S1 said:

GTA IV clip captures are the worst. I once deleted ~250GB of old GTA IV and EFLC clips.

This also reminds me to clean my Fraps files...

FRAPSis the worse offender when it comes to fine sizes, their photo sizes are ridiculous.

im going to go back to using Action! for those now it allows you to control the file sizes

53 minutes ago, chronic lumbago said:

I vaguely remember you

Zello
58 minutes ago, chronic lumbago said:

My son. Welcome back home.

AiraCobra
2 hours ago, FearThoseWhoFearHim said:

Drumming with e-drums with a big speaker to loud and there are no annoying neighbors but with an acoustic drumkit, I had all the street in front of the door, wtf.

What now? 

HeavyDuke
17 minutes ago, AiraCobra said:

What now? 

Now his door is in front of all the street.

chronic lumbago
9 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

FRAPSis the worse offender when it comes to fine sizes, their photo sizes are ridiculous.

im going to go back to using Action! for those now it allows you to control the file sizes

I vaguely remember you

I remember quickly scrolling down 90% of your posts

GrudgefromSanAndreas

My 2007 Walkman just died. Tried changing chargers, adapters and cables but nothing worked, it doesn't start nor show battery icon whichever charger i use. Is it really normal for this small mp3 player to die after 12 years? I'm deeply shocked and disappointed 😠

I've been using it for quite a while recently as my phone had problems with audio but now it just dropped dead

FearThoseWhoFearHim
Posted (edited)

^ Ah, I bought my last CD Player in 2011 to remember my childhood days with a CD/Cassette Player and others with iPods/iPhones at the time, good old days and I still collect CDs.

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

GrudgefromSanAndreas

This is how it looks

Slikovni rezultat za walkman 2007 nwz s516

unless it's a cheap build i don't understand why it couldn't last at least until 2027

sivispacem

I'd chalk getting 12 years use out of a cheap MP3 player from the mid noughties as a victory personally. Plenty of electronic products scarcely last twelve months.

HeavyDuke
8 hours ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

My 2007 Walkman just died. Tried changing chargers, adapters and cables but nothing worked, it doesn't start nor show battery icon whichever charger i use. Is it really normal for this small mp3 player to die after 12 years? I'm deeply shocked and disappointed 😠

I've been using it for quite a while recently as my phone had problems with audio but now it just dropped dead

Just buy a Rimac battery pack and hook it up. Chances are it becomes self aware and develop its own theme song.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
Posted (edited)

yeah you kinda right when i think of it harder 12y is actually pretty long for a small walkman

and then you have some high-end smartphones lasting barely 4 years

in fact most smartphones, be it mid-range or high-end, last pretty short

but i believe some gadgets are meant to last pretty long, like stereo systems for example

Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas

chronic lumbago
53 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

and then you have some high-end smartphones lasting barely 4 months

Fixed.

These things aren't build to last. 

HeavyDuke
2 hours ago, chronic lumbago said:

Fixed.

These things aren't build to last. 

They aren't ment to be carried around in a moist body cavity. Storing a smartphone in moist/acid rich environment will drastically lower it's life expectancy. So use a latex phone cover if you want it to last.

Billy Russo

Anyone else think people are too obsessed with Movies & TV shows these days? Especially Netflix. This whole fad of bingewatching things.

I cancelled my Netflix Membership the other day to see how I get on without it, and it's just crazy to me how many discussions you overhear in-person about TV and stuff, and it's all you basically see on Twitter. Also how out of the loop you feel.

It was actually starting to drain me trying to keep up with TV shows.

HeavyDuke
2 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

It was actually starting to drain me trying to keep up with TV shows.

Now try shock these people by actually talking about something you did irl. Like sit in the back of a car..

a police car.

Tell them you were trying to get into area 69. Watch out though.. they hear you... they have ears everywhere. Cover your face and RUN!!!

chronic lumbago

I feel like you have to be addicted to something these days. 

HeavyDuke
18 hours ago, chronic lumbago said:

I feel like you have to be addicted to something these days. 

Diabetes isn't an addiction, its a lifestyle people rock. 

ten-a-penny
On 5/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, sivispacem said:

I'd chalk getting 12 years use out of a cheap MP3 player from the mid noughties as a victory personally. Plenty of electronic products scarcely last twelve months.

A year? Try 6 months. Mine is dying out, and it's less than that. Tbh I don't remember when did I bought them, but they didn't last that long.

I know that we have a RL B&M thread but it's a month old. Afraid of posting there only to be "name-shamed" for necro-ing.. Sorry for ranting ya'll.

Man I'm dying. Worst Cold in my ~21 years. My stomach hurts, my chest hurts, my throat hurts from two different locations, I'm wounded in the throat, my back hurts, and now because of that idiot of a "nurse", my ass hurts too. Oh, and I can't speak or emit any noise that is above the point of a whisper because of my throat. Don't even know what did I did to get a cold as bad as this, or how. First day, regular coughing. Like any other cough anyone would go through. Like when smoke irritates you or something. Completely normal. Comes next day, vomited 3 times on different times. Can't eat a thing. My throat was practicaly dead. Cough 24/7. And a dry one, to boost (which is why my throat is now suffering). Come next day. Since I haven't eaten a sensible thing for 24 hours (not that it matters because of my trigger-happy stomach), my knees are empty and I can barely walk. Haven't vomited, but still couldn't eat a thing (the interest in food was nonexistent). Was in bed for the whole day.

Come this day. Went to the doctor, he prescribed some meds. Finally, a Libyan doctor who knows what he's doing. He gave me some shots, and requested that I take a "test shot", see if I can handle the Antibiotic or not. Y'know. The right thing to do. Passed the test, had the first shot. Came midnight, where I have to take another shot. Went to the nearby clinic. The f*ckhat of a nurse was talking to some fuccboi throughout the whole damn time. Gave her the shot and prescription (clinic notice). She just kept talking to the f*cking guy, not giving us any damn attention. Went forever. Finally finished. Shoved the f*cking needle straight through, like she's playing around with cotton or something. My ass still hurts. You don't deserve to be a nurse you pea-hole.

Phew, that feels better. lol.

HeavyDuke
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ten-a-penny said:

List of complaints 

I had something similar.

Spoiler

Thought it was a cold however it was not. First it started as a regular cold, cough a little. Next the cough got dry and go on non.stop pretty much. When exhaling I would hear a whine and I felt exhausted really fast after some stairs 'i have a very good condition because I run and workout a lot' and when coughing it started to feel like air would pass a wound, felt like a sweet/sour itchy pain and started to get moments where it felt like breathing through a straw. By this time I went to doc, got medicine and he took some blood. So I was on antibiotics and salbutamol as it also seemed I now had astma all the sudden.

The same night I started coughing up fluid, slime like and it tasted.. Weird. It was very elastic. So I keep coughing, coughed up a little blood, then noticed every breath started to hurt.. Then like half an hour of coughing later my respiratory system shut itself off and no more air came in or out. I was choking and started to faint in and out of consciousness and slowly it opened up a little and it was like breathing through a straw again. Soon after I was taking into hospital and now it seems the infection spreaded further and antibiotics did nothing. Now after listening to my lungs and a scan it turned out my lungs were now filling up with fluids 'look up pleural effusion' and while they explained this with a long list of possible scary causes, it shut down again so I was choking for bit with no air going in or out then it slowly opened up a little again. Tldr, got hospitalized, drained, infection got worse and they gave me anything they had and nothing worked. Like something they could not find was causing it. They were clueless.. Unknown what caused this and why nothing would help, other then this infection I was perfectly healthy. 

So I was kept in the hospital and after the second worst time ever in a hospital, I woke up one evening after a nap and I just felt I could breath better again. From there on out I started to recover rapidly and no longer had respiratory failures. Although for months after I lacked energy, was fast out of breath and it was pretty depressing. Still I don't know what caused it. I am back at 100% now though. 

Hope you better soon and it doesn't get this bad in your case. Your stomach and back likely hurt because of the coughing. This can cause serious pains.

Important:

Coughing in fetus position if you lie on you side or fetus like position if standing helps. This eliminates most back muscle activation. Because of this position your abs will also be put under a little bit stress. Learned this from my physiotherapist. 

Edited by HeavyDuke

ten-a-penny

^ Yup, second dayof med-taking and I'm already feeling great. The Antibiotic shot burn like f*ck (shudder at the though of it being taken up the arm... ugh) and one of the oral meds taste like sh*t, but I'm already miles better than yesterday. The "regular" cough syrup my dad suggested yesterday also helps a lot with my wounded throat. Covonia Dry Cough - excellent for curing throat wounds caused by dry coughs (but sh*t at 'stopping' them for some time; some syrup you are!). One dose yesterday was enough to let me speak like a human being again.

I hope you can figure out what caused all that mess in your lungs, must be something really serious and/or highly mysterious for the doctors to not figure it out. Maybe a rare disease or (and I know I'm far-reaching here) something genetic. Genes can play a major role in health, probably the reason why I have Aenemia 24/7 even after taking meds for that. I do barely eat anything half-useful though, thanks to my damn stomach. Try to eat the necessary amount my body actually wants or I try to eat anything actually useful (basically everything that isn't potatoes, eggs, chicken breasts, mashed cooked tomatoes, fried eggplants, olives and apples) and I'll end up vomiting. Nothing works. No wonder I have Aenemia, I'm actually surprised the amount of iron and such in my body was dead-close to the minimum level.

Completely random, but can anybody here explain why whenever I try to eat meat (mutton to be exact, beef is useless here) I find myseld chewing to the next era yet the damn thing doesn't go down? Almost like I'm chewing gum instead and not actual meat. Same happens with chicken but not as bad; I can swallow chicken meat no problem. It's the rest of red meats that do this to me. Apparently my body wants me tobe a vegetarian I guess. 

HeavyDuke
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ten-a-penny said:

Completely random, but can anybody here explain why whenever I try to eat meat (mutton to be exact, beef is useless here) I find myseld chewing to the next era yet the damn thing doesn't go down? Almost like I'm chewing gum instead and not actual meat. Same happens with chicken but not as bad; I can swallow chicken meat no problem. It's the rest of red meats that do this to me. Apparently my body wants me tobe a vegetarian I guess. 

I think thats quite common. Chicken goes down pretty well as it has a fine texture to it. Its quite soft. I don't think its really related to your body not accepting meat, rather the texture/solids.

This is why i pretty much eat any kind of cooked red meat with either 'champignon agaricus bisporus', onions, or cooked tomatoes pretty much, otherwise I don't even get spit, which A-ruines the taste experience because steak can taste really great and i like the taste of it. and B-its not exactly good to just swallow it away like pills with heaps of water without prepping the content with spit. 

I tried to swallow it away with just water after dry-grinding it down to a pulp with my teeth and well.. it ended up going through the system pretty much undigested or made me vomit after a while. Cooking it the least amount possible and keeping the meat juicy helps a bit and it has to be very high grade meat with a soft texture, very tender and not much tendons. I can eat a perfect quality tender ' often more expensive' steak just fine. Regular steak from supermarkets or most butchers, forget it. There is one place i always buy mine and they are freaking amazing.

Fish, which i don't really even like like i can eat just fine. For example mackerel or herring. Likely because its very moisty/fatty and the structure of the flesh is soft almost like cooked tomatoes/shrooms. However if i for example eat canned salmon its the same issue that accurs. I can't swallow it, don't get spit and if i do shove it in with water, it also just passes through giving stomach aches or makes me vomit after a while.

This leads me pretty much to the conclussion my body prefers non-solids. For example processed meats with unhealty fats and crap mixed in go down very easy along with pretty much anything mashed, grated and or minced.

I really don't know why exacly but i had this all my life. I am 28 right now ''almost a grown up'' and still in baby-food phase. 

As of right now, i live a healthy and sporty lifestyle i pretty much fill in all the gaps with food supliments.

PS: My grandpa has the same thing and he's 100 years old and still going strong. So better learn to live with it i suppose.

Edited by HeavyDuke

ten-a-penny

Oh, I can live with it just fine..... if it means it won't give me Aenemia just for once. :turn:

For all of ya cat-lovers: I have this crazy douchebag of a brood-mare *ahem* cat who I actually "had" for some time. Don't even remember how she got here to begin with, but it must be ages since the oldest date I can remember is 2015 (maybe even '14). And yet, she persist. Been feeding her since then and she STILL doesn't like me. Up to the point of her chasing me down like half the backyard, like some cheetah or something. Simply because I (unaware) approached the spot she was hiding her crotch-goblins. That's when I lost all hope and hated her, to the point of "fighting fire with fire". But I really have to "help" her in this case. She (surprise) hatched 4 more cats (:sui:), but only one is perfectly healthy, at least from the outside. The other three have eye issues, their eyes are barely open and sometimes close completely because of whatever disease they have. They're feral to me aswell but if I can "get rid" of their mother (NOT in the way ya'll are thinking btw), maybe reaching them and offering help might be easier, even if just for a bit. Ofc they also need to get used to me aswell, but that should be a bit easier since they're new kids. Or not. Taranza, the cat who was hit by the f*ckstick of a driver and passed away, have only started getting used to me right before she died..... she's one of the "crotch-goblins" I mentioned earlier, where her mother attacked me just because.... that was in ~2015, she passed away this year. She was 4 years old at best. OKAY, now I feel like crying. I'll hide in that corner. Bye ya'll.

HeavyDuke
5 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

OKAY, now I feel like crying. I'll hide in that corner. Bye ya'll.

WAIT!, hold on a second.

14 hours ago, FearThoseWhoFearHim said:

I feel this urge that I want to cry but tears just won't shed since 2011.

Here take him with you.

ten-a-penny

Since he's saying that tears won't shed, nothing will work :P better stop the back-pedaling before a Mod shows up and warn us both btw

Whatever happened to Femme Fatale? Haven't got word from him for a good while.

HeavyDuke
7 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

Since he's saying that tears won't shed, nothing will work 😛better stop the back-pedaling before a Mod shows up and warn us both btw

Whatever happened to Femme Fatale? Haven't got word from him for a good while.

Last time i checked he was rubbing and drooling over his ex his body while being drunk.

Spoiler
On 4/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Femme Fatale said:

My ex invited me to his birthday party at a bar where he works as a go-go dancer. I thought to myself, eh, sure, why not? I got nothing else to do. After hours of drinking, the alcohol in my system took control, and I started to get touchy with my ex. He just giggled, and said, "Femme, stop! I have a boyfriend." He didn't seem genuinely bothered, after all, he didn't try to take my hands off of him. His sister, on the other hand, looked p pissed off, lol. She mildly slapped my hands off of my ex's chest and biceps, and stared at me with those furrowed eyebrows, lol.

It's all fun and games until you wake up with a major hangover in the afternoon.

So likely he's looking for a different guy to rub off.

And Effy in Chains is likely seeing other forum members again.

Spoiler
On 3/26/2019 at 12:51 AM, Effy in Chains said:

I've met lads from other forums & it was mad getting smashed & wrecked for two or three days in a row. Some of the best & most traumatic mentally harrowing nights of my life.