• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlienTwo

• DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

• Blaze

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Random Chat Experiment vTK-421 The spam will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the OP has dissolved the thread permanently. The last remnants of the old topic ha

BONUS SPIN!         http://gtaforums.com/topic/854073-random-chat-ban-roulette-v121x/?p=1069723727    

dude I'm not falling for this sh/t  

Wayne Kerr

I am unusually excited for the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on Dec 21. I know it's not of any relevance but just felt like saying this. 

I hope the cloudy weather here doesn't persist though... 

Edited by Utopianthumbs
Mr JoeStalin
17 hours ago, Utopianthumbs said:

I am unusually excited for the Jupiter-Saturn conjunction on Dec 21. I know it's not of any relevance but just felt like saying this. 

I hope the cloudy weather here doesn't persist though... 

I hope they collide and the Universe ends:santa:

• KEKW 1
Wayne Kerr

Well I don't know about that but one thing I wanna see end is the star Betelgeuse, it's the most likely star that could go supernova in our lifetimes apparently and think it would be incredible to get to witness it, it could even be as bright as the full moon from Earth and it's like 600 light years away, man I wish I could see that! 

• Like 2

I have to start work at 9:30 which is probably nothing for most people but I'm not good at early starts and sleeping. My cleaning manager said it's because people complained I was getting in the way of staff. Thing is I'm still getting in the way of staff except they're getting breakfast in the kitchen or blocking me from finishing cleaning the kitchen because they're at a table watching tv while sipping some tea.

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
5 hours ago, JON22 said:

I have to start work at 9:30 which is probably nothing for most people but I'm not good at early starts and sleeping. My cleaning manager said it's because people complained I was getting in the way of staff. Thing is I'm still getting in the way of staff except they're getting breakfast in the kitchen or blocking me from finishing cleaning the kitchen because they're at a table watching tv while sipping some tea.

You would think they would have you start AFTER the breakfast rush instead of cleaning during it because everything you just cleaned is just going to get dirty again and will need to be recleaned your boss is a broomhead.

328f848bed365c46678cb79a5419b79f.png

Who the hell buys Gaming Headphones for zoom/work calls? 

• Like 1
mr quick

I did, it's easier than hooking up an interface and mic (shrug emoji thing) 

That guy sounds like an annoying dumbass. Why is noise cancellation a bad thing? Are you answering phone calls during meetings..? What kind of a person needs a voice monitor???? 

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
5 hours ago, mr quick said:

I did, it's easier than hooking up an interface and mic (shrug emoji thing) 

That guy sounds like an annoying dumbass. Why is noise cancellation a bad thing? Are you answering phone calls during meetings..? What kind of a person needs a voice monitor???? 

He could've just bought a simple bought a wireless one in all earpiece and mic like most people with common sense would've done instead he spent $199 on gaming headphones for zoom meetings when he could've just bought these...

804804960b84aca35d2c040d49ef2941.png

for $25 and saved himself $165 and a lot of bitching

Caffeination

So, there’s this course I’m doing well in, and I just had to do this huge project for it by myself since no one wanted to help me. But, whenever an exam or quiz comes up, I keep getting DMs from classmates to help them with answers.

I’m pretty much miffed about this ordeal.

sivispacem
12 minutes ago, Caffeination said:

So, there’s this course I’m doing well in, and I just had to do this huge project for it by myself since no one wanted to help me. But, whenever an exam or quiz comes up, I keep getting DMs from classmates to help them with answers.

It's a sad fact of life that being competent at something almost always results in a deluge of people trying to take advantage of any generosity you may have who otherwise wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

I've basically stopped "doing a solid" for anyone who isn't actually a friend or very close colleague. Otherwise if you want my time, even just 30 minutes of it, you'd better be paying or providing something in return. 

• Like 1
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
4 hours ago, Caffeination said:

Sadly there are many people out there who like to take advantage of others for their own gain from helping with school work to real world stuff, I got a "friend" who only calls or text me whenever he needs something and the worse part he's one of those people who pretend to make conversation and then after about 10-15 minutes of back and forth I hear the....Hey man, I hate to ask this but....

tbh i'd rather you just come out and ask me for the favor if you're a good friend and it's reasonable i'll do it but don't pretend to give a crap then drop a Oh yeah i need a favor on me.

I had people the same way in both High School and College and I always seemed to get stuck with the same group of lazies every time we had a huge project that was worth a huge chunk of our final grade where I ended up doing most of the work and after the second time of their stupid ass excuses i'd just hand in a note with the project telling the teacher/professor that my "partners" did next to nothing on the project.

Some of the teachers didn't care and still gave them the A/B or whatever marks I got on the project but after the second time of me telling my World History teacher of this after handing in a 2 month project he decided to see if other people were doing the same to their other classmates so without telling anyone he made the whole team come up to the front and give an oral presentation on their project on their project as well as answer questions that would've been answered within the project itself that was handed in and just as you'd suspect those who didn't do any work couldn't answer the questions and gave a bad presentation.

After that he started putting the lazies together and putting those of us who actually worked on our projects together.

Sadly College I wouldn't be so lucky as we were assigned groups at the start of term and were stuck with them for the whole term so if you got stuck with three or four other lazies then you were f*cked because their part of the project reflected against your own marks so no matter how well you did if they did poorly it came back against you so I really had no choice but to "help" them or risk loosing my own marks but when it came to one on one if someone needed help in a specific subject or project i'd have no problem helping them but once it became clear they wanted me to do their whole thing for them I'd suddenly become very busy.

mr quick
17 hours ago, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

He could've just bought a simple bought a wireless one in all earpiece and mic like most people with common sense would've done instead he spent $199 on gaming headphones for zoom meetings when he could've just bought these...

for $25 and saved himself $165 and a lot of bitching

No, he's just annoying dickhead. I hate when people use cheap headsets for Zoom meetings, it's just as sh*te as the onboard on your laptop. 

On 12/4/2020 at 4:33 PM, paperbagdude said:

Just remembered that Billy Russo dude. What happened to him?

He was dealing with mental health problems and feeling stuck in life, but some posts were interesting to read.

Mr JoeStalin
17 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Today is my birthday.

Yo me too 6th December

Edited by NileshKumar
2 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

It was the worst birthday ever

Kongratterdoolörerdafelations

Edited by uq7451
  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1
Collibosher
2 hours ago, Caffeination said:

Liberalism being as detestable and morally corrupt as usual

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."

What's the alternative?

• Like 2

I've lived in my flat for 10 years yet I still do crap like blindly reaching for the string to turn on the kitchen light then remembering the kitchen has a normal light switch, not a pull string one. I have a bad habit of thinking about one thing while doing another thing.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, Caffeination said:

oh my f*cking god, just shut up about among us already, internet.

Found the Imposter.

sivispacem
On 12/7/2020 at 10:42 PM, Collibosher said:

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support free markets, free trade, limited government, individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), capitalism, democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion."

What's the alternative?

His use of "liberalism" there is shorthand for "neoliberalism".

ThatBenGuy

Ya know what I personally find to be annoying about college professors?
“Because I said so” is apparently an acceptable answer just as long they’re the ones saying it but God forbid a student ever says or thinks that while writing a paper rather than providing a bibliography. Lmao.

Edited by ThatBenGuy

I hate when you can't remember if you've been to sleep because you keep waking up nearly every hour. I only remembered I had some sleep after remembering I saw a dead skunk in my dream (never seen one in real life).

Caffeination

I don’t like this new layout change. It’s buggy and the lag gets incredibly bad when typing stuff, or even browsing.

Wayne Kerr
17 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

I asked out a girl from college and she said yes😍

Who are you and what have you done with the real Nilesh :blink:  

Edit: but good to see college life has started well! 

Edited by Utopianthumbs
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 3