Manhunt

The Deadite

• 1 month later...
AgentJizzle
On 3/13/2023 at 3:46 PM, MaveriX said:

Take-Two made Dixmor Hospital Manhunt Discord shut down today over leaked footage of a pre-production Manhunt 2 PSP Beta.

Another classy move from Take-Two 🍹

Manhunt 2 doesn't even have any purchase options on Rockstar Game Launcher but they still wanna DMCA 🤣

Take Two ☕

spacer.png

Courtjester69

Hey Manhunt followers,

Need a little help. I represent Antone Pagan. He is the voice actor of Innocentz and Skully. He also wrote for Rockstar. He will be signing autographs at Collector Fest in Wayne NJ June 18th  2023. Along with other of The Warriors. If you want your Warriors game autographed. Where would I go to post info like this ¿  Thanks everyone !!!

universetwisters

Has anyone heard about the entry towards the end of this video where one of the early concepts of Manhunt 2 would’ve been Danny being told by god via a puppet (or just being some schizo weirdo who thinks a puppet is talking to him) to go out and kill people? Ngl it’s a lot creepier and would’ve been a lot better than the manhunt 2 we got in all honesty 

• Like 3

sTgL5iS.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yo, this is insane lol

Also, awesome vid on the game:

Edited by KarimNTerr

xe3hUFK.png

• 7 months later...
Pashaforever

Dev builds of both games have been leaked. Manhunt 1's dev build is very different from the final game.

Manhunt 1 0.69 (Unknown Date 2002-03) Early Build: https://archive.org/details/v069_20240408

Manhunt 2 0.01 (Feb 5th 2007) Early Build: https://hiddenpalace.org/Manhunt_2_(Feb_5,_2007_prototype)

Lock n' Stock
On 4/9/2024 at 3:19 PM, Pashaforever said:

Dev builds of both games have been leaked. Manhunt 1's dev build is very different from the final game.

Manhunt 1 0.69 (Unknown Date 2002-03) Early Build: https://archive.org/details/v069_20240408

Manhunt 2 0.01 (Feb 5th 2007) Early Build: https://hiddenpalace.org/Manhunt_2_(Feb_5,_2007_prototype)

Dude did a stream of it here.

Some interesting differences here, such as the different menu aesthetic, Cash's beta model and Scottish Starkweather (before Brian Cox was cast). Also note how much tamer the executions are. I'm guessing they were initially testing the waters before seeing how far they could push things.

Not sure exactly when this build was dated, though I would assume some time before or after Vice City was released. However, the reused DMA logo (from before they became Rockstar North) makes me wonder if it was earlier, though it's most likely just a GTA III holdover (like the fonts and pick-up sound effects, the latter of which were retained).

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Pashaforever
15 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Dude did a stream of it here.

Some interesting differences here, such as the different menu aesthetic, Cash's beta model and Scottish Starkweather (before Brian Cox was cast). Also note how much tamer the executions are. I'm guessing they were initially testing the waters before seeing how far they could push things.

Not sure exactly when this build was dated, though I would assume some time before or after Vice City was released. However, the reused DMA logo (from before they became Rockstar North) makes me wonder if it was earlier, though it's most likely just a GTA III holdover (like the fonts and pick-up sound effects, the latter of which were retained).

I think I did hear a couple of Brian Cox lines but Scottish Starkweather is definitely a dev. I did watch the stream up until White Trash. The build is most likely late 2002/early 2003, right after VC.

You can only do hasty executions in the game, violent and gruesome doesn't exist. Some executions got repurposed into hand to hand combat too, for example Blackjack.

Born Again is a much cleaner map and The Hoodz are still called The Jury at this point. Blue weapons also appear.

Doorway Into Hell and Road To Ruin is the same level and Time 2 Die is the third Hoodz level. The Hammer and The Rabbit also appears in Time 2 Die.

White Trash has a slightly different starting point. Skinz levels seem to be similar to final. Nailgun Ammo boxes are different, they look like detergent boxes (lol).

I think someone in the stream said Strapped For Cash is where the Tramp appeared.

EDIT: This was not true but Innocentz were the third gang and Wardogz were the fourth so Drunk Driving is the seventh scene

This leak is quite something. Hoping we get a mod or two out of it.

Edited by Pashaforever

Spider-Vice

The Manhunt 1 build is dated May 2003, I believe, based on the date of the files inside the ISO. The Renderware build used in that is from Jan 2003 (.exe region where Renderware things are called says "Core built at Jan 23 2003 11:09:58") so it's somewhere between those dates, could even be truly from Jan.

The music was mostly different too, all still early concepts. It kind of sounded like the Half-Life soundtrack lmao.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Pashaforever

This still feels like a fever dream. We got two somewhat playable builds of two games from a company like Rockstar and they don't even acknowledge it. I guess that means they won't ever care for Manhunt. Oh well.

Lock n' Stock
On 4/13/2024 at 7:51 PM, Spider-Vice said:

The music was mostly different too, all still early concepts. It kind of sounded like the Half-Life soundtrack lmao.

Music is definitely a placeholder, possibly Craig Conner experimenting to nail that brooding 1980s horror ambience.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:06 PM, Pashaforever said:

This still feels like a fever dream. We got two somewhat playable builds of two games from a company like Rockstar and they don't even acknowledge it. I guess that means they won't ever care for Manhunt. Oh well.

R* will address it through easter eggs now and then, but as far as the series itself is concerned, I'd say they're pretty much done with it. Too niche of a franchise and I think all the controversies and bullsh*t with censorship (in both the US and UK) put them off it for good. That’s not even mentioning that Rockstar’s NYC office apparently wanted little to do with the first game (since it was essentially North’s pet project).

It's also worth pointing out as well, both Manhunt games were very much a product of their time, for better or worse. That style of edgy, grunge-y, ultra-violent nihilism was pretty common in horror fiction during the 2000s. Films like Saw, Hostel, and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake were obvious examples.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

Spider-Vice
On 4/13/2024 at 9:06 PM, Pashaforever said:

and they don't even acknowledge it

I mean... It's barely a GTA VI leak, why acknowledge it officially :p Manhunt is basically abandonware (in terms of how old the software is) by now.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Pashaforever
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I mean... It's barely a GTA VI leak, why acknowledge it officially :p Manhunt is basically abandonware (in terms of how old the software is) by now.

Yeah I guess you're right. But still, the September Leak was nothing but videos and old RAGE files that left us with more questions than answers while this leak is two playable builds of one the most controversial series. I mean, I would've expected a few gaming sites talking about it. 

• Like 1

Lock n' Stock
On 4/26/2023 at 12:37 PM, jonhyosbourne said:

This video makes me wonder. I think Rockstar would get away with a third Manhunt if they were to go with a heavily-stylised direction, by leaning more into being a cheesy 80s horror/slasher throwback (e.g. The Quarry) rather than full-on gruesome nihilism.

I wouldn’t agree with it wholly since that pseudo-80s retro aesthetic (as much as I dig it) is becoming quite overused these days. I do think however that’s one way they could make it work in today’s climate without attracting too much controversy.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 1