1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Manhunt

The Dedito Gae

Guest Billy Russo
41 minutes ago, KarimNTerr said:

You're in for a sweet, bloody and gory ride, my friend

I'm not easily impressed by violence in media, but this game made me feel emotions no other Horror movie/game has ever accomplished, not even a bit

It really is a unique experience. It makes you realize how much more daring video games and Rockstar used to be back then. You'd never see a game like Manhunt get made today, which is a shame honestly. We need more games with a similar atmosphere and that actually makes you feel immersed.

I finished it like a week ago now, and I'm sad I'll never get that first time experience again.

• 4 weeks later...
KarimNTerr
17 hours ago, Ethanabrahams said:

If manhunt 3 ever comes out, do y'all think it will be open world?

Nah, it won't work as an open world game, plus Rockstar is really great at making linear games in my opinion. Would be like the Hitman games where levels are huge sandboxes, but not really open world

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
AUScowboy
On 11/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, TheOriginalGunslinger said:

Could this classic game ever get the mobile treatment?

I doubt it, but who knows, stramger things have happened. I'd buy it for sure, and I'd also buy Manhunt 2 on PS4 if they ever released it there. That's pretty unlikely as well though.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question.

I am translating Manhunt 1 to my native language just for the fun of it. So, I'm wondering where should I upload the subtitles, I mean, is there any forum for that sort of thing or not?

Thanks in advance.

cp1dell

I'd make a topic here in the Mod Showroom under "Other," and then I think there is a section for translations on the PCGamingWiki for each game on there, and just like regular Wikipedia, you can edit it yourself and add a link for your language. That way if anyone ever checks the PCGamingWiki (which in my opinion should be the first place to go when installing an old game, or having issues period) and they use the same language as you, they'll see your link and follow it to the download page.

• Like 1
TheFranchise

I wish Rockstar would either remaster this game, reboot the series, or just come out with Manhunt 3. 

Just something. But we live in a soft as sh*t society now so I doubt it unfortunately. 

• 1 month later...
KarimNTerr

Playing The Last of Us right now, almost finished my first playthrough, and it gave me, in sooo many occasions, strong Manhunt vibes, I feel like Naughty Dog had took some inspirations from Rockstar North's classic here and there

Also, this very interesting article: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.denofgeek.com/us/games/manhunt/253222/manhunt-legacy-horror-masterpiece

• 8 months later...
Lemoyne outlaw

so im a rockstar fan. but this is one of the few games from rockstar i never played. so i am wondering is it worth it on ps4? how hard is it compared to red dead revolver or gta san andreas?

Skooma Addicted Blade
On 10/15/2020 at 5:58 PM, Lemoyne outlaw said:

so im a rockstar fan. but this is one of the few games from rockstar i never played. so i am wondering is it worth it on ps4? how hard is it compared to red dead revolver or gta san andreas?

How hard it is depends on your patience for the type of game it is, which is a stealth game. I haven't played Manhunt in many years but I do remember there being some pretty difficult sections.

That being said, don't let that turn you away from the game, its pretty unique in that R* sort of way and I thoroughly recommend it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is the 13th anniversary (the spookiest anniversary) of an underappreciated gem by the name of Manhunt 2. I remember going to Gamestop after school to buy a copy. First time in my life I decided not to go out and get candy or go to a party. I just sat inside all night playing Manhunt 2. 

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
SonofLosSantos

I had been chatting a lot with a partner of mine from north London and he was telling me about all the brutal bloody knife murders that happen out there where wild youths are just going absolutely mad and chasing eachother down and stabbing eachother to death and being covered in blood.
Him being a two time felon and having his fare share of scuffles in knife fights told me that it’s almost like a real life manhunt game out there.

I think that’s a Brilliant premise if I’m being honest. Everyone wants a gta London but a think a manhunt with a London setting could be absolutely captivating. It would make sense that guns would be extremely limited and combat would be based around knives and other simple melee weapons. 

• 1 month later...

Manhunt, gr8 game...

I remember when it was first announced c. 2002. When I heard you could suffocate people with plastic bags I knew I needed to play it. 

My country of course banned it because they're pussies but of course that couldn't stop me playing it. Plastic bags! Hilarious! 

And I can't mention Manhunt without mentioning the soundtrack. Very cool stuff by Craig Conner....

Edited by vcfan1991
DownInThePMs

They wont make a game like manhunt ever again tbh i doubt it would be feasible from a financial or moral standpoint

Then again the first game probably had one of the rawest, dirtiest and most hostile atmospheres I've ever seen in a video game which I haven't seen be replicated since then, so in a way it kinda makes me happy that there aren't any plans for a third game since the second one was pretty much a hollow shell of the first.

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • Like 1
Bob Loblaw

Rockstar is way too P.C. nowadays to tackle a title like this, that company that used controversy as their main selling point is just not there anymore, IMO. There's also the fact it's probably not easy to monetize a game like this.

Wish they prove me wrong though.

BurntTamale

IMO Manhunt was a nice, fun, and challenging game. The only thing i had an issue with is the bugs on pc. Manhunt 2 had some cool gameplay but the story is kinda lame.

Big Molio

Manhunt was a great gaming experience at the time. It was genuinely a scary game, with a really grimy, disturbing atmosphere from start to finish. I would love to see a straight up remake of it. Keep the same story and play mechanics, just update the aesthetic visually and audibly. I remember the first time I put a plastic bag over somebody's head for the kill and it filled with blood. That last sequence in the dirty attic with Piggsy looking for was outright nerve-wracking. Superb game.

• 2 weeks later...
1funeral2many

always wanted to play the manhunt games as a kid but i was too scared getting caught by my mom playing it lol. finally got around to the first and its kickin my ass. shame there's prob never be an official widespread PC release, or a third game for that matter. I guess rockstar is only interested in generating controversy if it means not actually upsetting people in power lol.