2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Wiseguy94

My Most Hated Characters (and what you think of them)

Wiseguy94

Hello all. I'm new to this forum, but I've been playing GTA since GTA 3 came out back in 2001 and I was just seven years old. I have played every GTA except for Vice City Stories and I have to say that the characters in V were....hit or miss. Some characters like Trevor and Lamar were hilarious, some were easily to relate to like Michael and Trevor, and the rest....were annoying little dirtbags.

In terms of most hated, I can't stand any of Michael's family, his scumbag therapist, or Franklin's aunt Denise. I want to punch them all in the face. People talk about how much they hate Weston and Haines...well you know what? I'd rather spend a day driving around with them than any of the people mentioned above. Just played the Yoga mission again and I want to punch Jimmy in the face. Did these characters get to you as much as me?

The way in which I'm playing Michael is that he's as honest a crook as can be. He doesn't cheat on his wife, he helps his family, etc. When you play this way, you realize just how worthless his family really is. I'd enjoy their absence if I didn't get that annoying cutscene where Michael wakes up from a nightmare every time I switch to him.

TL;DR version: I can't stand Michael's family, Dr. Friedlander, or Denise. Is anyone else with me?

Edited by Wiseguy94

Shadowfennekin

I can't stand Denise because she is the type of person I despise.

I'd kill her and take the house back if I could.

Pedinhuh

This thread should do great...

My two cents:

-I hate almost EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IN THIS GAME, the only exception is Floyd because atleast for me seemed like the only truly innocent guy in the story, and well we all know how that turned out...

Everyone else was made to be a bunch of unlikable assholes, and boy I gotta hand it to the writters, they truly managed to do that.

Edited by pedinhuh

Niobium

i hate most of the characters in this game. i find lamar funny, but even he can be annoying sometimes.

confederatestatesgta

:facedesk: good grief more hate threads. go to the whine and complain thread for all gta 5 hating.

Pedinhuh

:facedesk: good grief more hate threads. go to the whine and complain thread for all gta 5 hating.

If you don't feel like contributing to the thread, why post at all?

Also far as I know this thread looks legit, OP is asking what's the character you dislike the most in the game, better than posting on that other thread where he probally won't even get an awnser.

leave the moderation to the mods, please.

Cao Ang

Every supporting female character that was based on cheesy modern stereotypes.

Cheatz/Trickz

They're all just poorly developed. Unlikable characters can still be good, well-written ones, but V's lot are unlikeable because it's as if they're missing half their personalities.

Spaghetti Cat

Probably Devin Weston, but I guess that was kinda the point.

O.Z

Johnny Klebitz showing his face again...

Luckily Trevor took care of him for good

Femme Fatale

Yeah, I hate most characters too...

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Devin Weston and Steve Haines !

Great characters in terms of plot design but damn I hate them as enemies.

Blackhailer

The Deadite

Also far as I know this thread looks legit, OP is asking what's the character you dislike the most in the game, better than posting on that other thread where he probally won't even get an awnser.

That's not what he's asking, he's asking if you also hate Frihelander, Denise and Michael's family.

The topic is even in the title man, this is not a thread where you supposed to list characters tou hate.

Uncle Vlad

I´m sad to say, but I couldn´t hate the antagonists. Clowns like Weston or Haines were f*cking jokes, not antagonists to hate. So I´d say.Floyd. A whiny little sh*tbag, annoying as hell.

skyfamster

Anyone hate the rihanna song in the pop radio?

I hate taylor swift too

ChiroVette

lol too true!

V has incredibly well written, excellently developed and voiced characters. They really round out a fantastic game. Definitely one of the best sets of characters in the series to date.

Johnny Klebitz showing his face again...

Luckily Trevor took care of him for good

Absolutely! Johnny was the worst character in the game, and luckily he didn't get past so much as the first cut scene he appears in. Fitting tribute that you don't even have to waste so much as a button press on that waste-O-space character. You just watch, smile, and sit back as Trevor does his magic!

God, I love this game!

Edited by ChiroVette

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Anyone hate the rihanna song in the pop radio?

I hate taylor swift too

'Only Girl in the World' is my guilty pleasure :cry: I like driving super cars like a maniac around Vinewood to it

D9fred95

Weston because he's completely worthless. He's a one-dimensional "rich jerk" who's a dick simply because he's rich. His arc is pointless since you get nothing from it both in story and out of story and it was just created in a way to give R* an excuse for Franklin to potentially kill Michael. In an uncharacteristic anticlimactic way for Franklin at that. He's only dangerous because of Merryweather, who could've been the main antagonists themselves since they were introduced earlier.

He's somehow the "main antagonist" even though he's introduced literally halfway into the game (every other GTA introduced the main antagonist reasonably early in the plot) and the only things he does are not pay Franklin, act like a dick, and try to kill Michael's family one time before he's disposed of. He barely threatens our protags over the course of the game (probably because he only becomes hostile 80% of the way into the plot, great writing R*), and the only reason he gets hostile with Michael is because everybody in Legal Trouble lost their intelligence (a film made entirely on green screen in 2013 has no digital copies? Pshh).

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

yeah I felt it should have kept focused on Steve Haines....

in terms of the last 5-10 hours of the game, the emphasis of Haines and Weston should have been reversed. felt they tried tried to do too much in too few missions.

Failure

TL;DR version: I can't stand Michael's family, Dr. Friedlander, or Denise. Is anyone else with me?

Everyone is with you.

Vinewood Villain

How are we still talking about this lol. These threads have been done to death. Gee, I can't wait till GTA 6 gets announced. We need some new material desperately.

Maibatsu545

I really hated pretty much all of the characters in this game. I'm struggling to think of even 1 that I liked. Maybe Franklin, I guess? He was just bland as opposed to over the top, unlikeable and cheesy like most of the other characters.

SmokesWithCigs

the only character I dislike is Tanya. such an annoying loud ignorant hoodrat crackhead. if there is dlc and it deals with franklin years before the event of gta v I hope they show a clean and sober better looking well behaved version of tanya

Spadge

Some people forget that tiny little people in a video game are not real individuals they're characters, they have a function and a role in story development, that's why some aren't likable or non relatable.

That's why a character can be despicable on a personal level, but still a great character. Franklin Aunt is a great character for instance. She is so annoying, and that's why it is so satisfactory to witness her encounters with Trevor.

Edited by Spadge

saintsrow

If you don't feel like contributing to the thread, why post at all?

leave the moderation to the mods, please.

We need a thread where backseat mods can go to post, when they get the urge to do their dooty in someone's topic. I'm sure it's been said before, but so has every other possible utterance on the GTAF. :p

EDIT: I think I'll start a thread called "Take it to the Bitch and Moan Thread" to get the ball rolling.

PS: I hate Trevor

Edited by saintsrow

Sonicguy41

I hate all the characters

I hate the games physics

I hate Stealth mode

I hate the games A.I

I hate the games car handling

i hate the games 11 year old fanbase

i hate all the people dumb enough to like this game becuase of the graphics

i hate the game as a whole

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

i hate beets. i mean, seriously... kale, coconut water, sauerkraut, liver, tripe, i'm good with it all. but wtf thought borsch was a good idea.

Niobium

Some people forget that tiny little people in a video game are not real individuals they're characters, they have a function and a role in story development, that's why some aren't likable or non relatable.

That's why a character can be despicable on a personal level, but still a great character. Franklin Aunt is a great character for instance. She is so annoying, and that's why it is so satisfactory to witness her encounters with Trevor.

i hate the characters of GTA V because they're badly written. like, i don't find michael or franklin annoying, i just see them as poorly written characters.

Official General

I hate Trevor for many reasons I don't care to list.

I don't hate the rest, bit I still conclude they are all either rubbish or mediocre. They were all poorly written and developed, that's the best way I can put it.