Car Stuck in the Ceiling of Subway Tunnel under Aspatria?

deai

Weird title, I know. Anyways, I was looking at a page on GTA Wiki "Secrets and Easter Eggs in GTA III" and I saw that one of the "Easter eggs" listed was an image of a car stuck in the ceiling of the subway tunnel. The person who submitted this wrote "Car stuck in Liberty City underground. This is what looks like a 20th century car getting stuck when the underground was build." Followed by this image: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/File:Carstuck.png

When I first saw this I was skeptical, assuming that the person who submitted it placed the car there and took the picture. However, I went to that exact location in the game (it's beneath Aspatria. You can tell by looking at the map in the image) and I was surprised to see that there actually WAS a car there.

Now the reason I'm writing this is because:

1. From what I've seen not many people know about this.

2. I want your help in finding out more about this car.

What is strange about this is that I accidentally blew up the car I brought with me into the tunnel, causing a chain reaction and blowing up the one in the ceiling on accident. I thought it was no big deal and reloaded my last save and went back only to find that the car wasn't in the ceiling again when I went back. Which pisses me off because I'm really curious as to what vehicle this is and why it's there. So that's why I need your help.

Tip: don't use "blow up all cars" cheat or any explosives around the area like I did because there is a chance that the vehicle will not respawn.

Edited by lettaqs

Neon-Noir 198X

Interesting.

I went to go look at it myself, but I couldn't find it.

lmiVcMk.jpg

As for the '20th century' car? I mean. Given that GTA 3 is set in 2001, of course there would be cars on the road manufactured before the millennium, but I know what you're trying to get at.

aBgJsdL.png

It's just a Yankee, though :p

I doubt it's an easter egg. If anything, it's an uncommon bug.

Edited by Azurex

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, I always see the Cartel Cruiser down in the Subway Tunnel. I never saw that Yankee, though...

This happens because if you are in tunnels, island collision is only loaded (when you see splash screen "Welcome to <island name>") when player gets to entrance of the tunnels. This causes parked vehicles of not yet loaded island to fall through the ground onto the tunnels, or into blue hell.

• Like 3

Fooking Rekt

>2016

>believing the gtawikia

Unless they have actual cited sources, their claims have hardly any validity in them.

GTAWikia is 150% bullsh*t.

• Like 2

>2016

>believing the gtawikia

Unless they have actual cited sources, their claims have hardly any validity in them.

GTAWikia is 150% bullsh*t.Yeah as soon as I saw this I smelled BS. That's why I brought the topic here to find out the truth. Every once in awhile I visit GTA Wiki but I always take things there with a grain of salt until I find out the truth. Edited by lettaqs

This appears to be more like a glitch, which happens with enough occurrence that it is incorrectly labeled as an easter egg. Unlike the pedestrian with concrete shoes in VC which is a purposely modelled and implemented joke, this is too generic and inconsistent to be reliable. Having said that, it's a fun little quirk and I didn't know about this so thanks for sharing. :)

Long time ago GTA wiki even used pictures from my old website for the gta3 characters. I don't own any copyright over these things but someone could just kindly ask/thank me.

PhillBellic

This happens because if you are in tunnels, island collision is only loaded (when you see splash screen "Welcome to <island name>") when player gets to entrance of the tunnels. This causes parked vehicles of not yet loaded island to fall through the ground onto the tunnels, or into blue hell.

The same happens in LCS if you manage to get on top of the Porter Tunnel. Wichita Gardens is the best spot for this.

• 7 years later...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pnghttps://imgur.com/a/yB2PAzw

interesting.... i found a columbian cartel gang's blue pickup truck down in the train tracks lodged between the walls. the wheel in the back is slowly turning but it's completely locked. this is the earliest version of the game, which is the pal version 1.40 running on emulator

Edited by Gta5forlife
posting the link didnt work