4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

You ever left in the middle of a movie?

The Dedito Gae

When I was kid,back in 80's,my Dad take me to theater to watch some movie,said it was comedy but it was more of a drama or something. I only remember that two guys were talking,one wanted to kill his wife and other suggested that he should hire an professional assassin. In next scene her returned home and his wife was in bed,not know weather she was already dead or not. I was almost asleep so my Dad ask me 'You wanna go?' and I just nod my head and we left. That was only time and I never find out even what movie was that. I also was scared while watching 'Total Recall' when they showed mutants and I turned my head but I didn't want to leave to not embarrass myself so I stayed till end. I was nine back then.

Episode 6 when I was about 16. Mid way through me and my mate decided we were bored so we left to go break stuff in the abandoned building across from the theatre.

When I was a kid, I walked out of a Disney movie called Recess: School's Out. I simply couldn't stand it.

Then, a couple of years later, I walked out of the Max Payne movie. It made me want to boil my eyeballs in hot water.

I never walked out in the middle of a movie, mainly because when I go to a movie, I usually look up the reviews so I know that I won't spend my money on the worst movie ever. When we watched Bruno a few years ago in the cinema and when Bruno did some crazy things, some girls walked out of the cinema just to puke and they didn't come back lol.

Edited by Bleached
  • Like 2

When I was a kid, I walked out of a Disney movie called Recess: School's Out. I simply couldn't stand it.

Then, a couple of years later, I walked out of the Max Payne movie. It made me want to boil my eyeballs in hot water.

Recess was the sh*t as a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I've ever walked out of a cinema, but I've turned plenty of them off at home. I have tons of movies I've barely watched or at all.

Only once, a film called Slither.

Pile of f*cking crap

I will f*cking fight you! :p

I saw Deadpool with my dad and a friend, and I saw some black couple brought their <1 year old son in. Surprisingly enough the baby seemed fine but the look on the parent's faces was worth the price of admission. They only lasted 10-15 minutes.

Also yay me for being the first post here about parents taking their kid(s) to an R-rated movie.

Edited by Dillono
  • Like 2

I never understand parents who bring their baby to the movies. I can only imagine the loud surround sound would both scare them and possibly do damage to their sensitive hearing. Not only that, but a crying baby is distracting to the people who are trying to enjoy the movie. Hire a baby sitter if you want to go out for the night.

• Like 2

I never understand parents who bring their baby to the movies. I can only imagine the loud surround sound would both scare them and possibly do damage to their sensitive hearing. Not only that, but a crying baby is distracting to the people who are trying to enjoy the movie. Hire a baby sitter if you want to go out for the night.

You just answered your own question. It's mostly parents who can't find someone to look after their child so they decide to go to the theatres and hope it shuts their kid up for a few hours. Conversation usually goes: "Hey honey, the movie theatre is playing a superhero movie called um, Deadpool! Our kid will love that instead of staying with Grandma!" and their only knowledge of comic book characters come only from the movies.

Edited by Dillono

You just answered your own question. It's mostly parents who can't find someone to look after their child so they decide to go to the theatres and hope it shuts their kid up for a few hours. Conversation usually goes: "Hey honey, the movie theatre is playing a superhero movie called um, Deadpool! Our kid will love that instead of staying with Grandma!" and their only knowledge of comic book characters come only from the movies.

Still, in your example you mention the child is less than one year old. How in the hell is he/she going to enjoy the movie, other than possibly gawk at the bright colors? It's so stupid and selfish of the parents.

• 4 months later...

What?!?! Really? I've never seen a baby in a movie theatre. That's downright inconsiderate. I mean I get being a parent is tough and you need your outlets of entertainment but I think it's pretty selfish.

• Like 2

What?!?! Really? I've never seen a baby in a movie theatre. That's downright inconsiderate. I mean I get being a parent is tough and you need your outlets of entertainment but I think it's pretty selfish.

I see it more often than I'd like to admit. It's seriously a pet peeve of mine. It's like scratching nails on a chalkboard. F*cking imbeciles.

I see it more often than I'd like to admit. It's seriously a pet peeve of mine. It's like scratching nails on a chalkboard. F*cking imbeciles.

Over here atleast I've seen cinemas that have special rooms where parents can take their children if they start crying, but I just think it's more appropriate to not take them at all.

If I had a small child I certainly wouldn't take them to see a movie. That's what a baby sitter's for.

I guess i'm one of the few people who loved shrek 2 and consider it the best shrek movie,1 was good but overrated,3 was decent and forgettable,4 was pure crap. (i'm glad that nostalgia critic is with me on this one)

Shrek 2, playing into the lessons of The Odyessey, is a nuanced and endearing film about how the struggles of life tear us apart from the inside out - destroy us because the temptations of life persuade us to change.

Shrek 2 is about a man who defeats the odds, who returns to his roots even though he's been given something much greater. It's a cinematic masterpiece, with amazing acting and dramatic storytelling to boot.

There is literally no better movie and there will never be a better movie. No argument.

• Like 2

Never. It might be a sunken cost fallacy and all, but screw it I paid for those tickets so i'm going to withstand the atrocity on screen. That way I can be very coherent when channeling my hate when the credits roll

I've only ever walked out once and it was The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. Excellent movie as it turns out, but I was hungover to absolute hell and the Balrog/Gandalf spinning/falling opening scene was just way too much for my dehydrated brain to comprehend. I visited the bathroom to evacuate my stomach before then evacuating myself from the cinema! :lol:

Richard Power Colt

I tried to watch Turbo Kid on Netflix somewhat recently which is a movie set in a post-apocalypse and it's supposed to be an 80's movie homage. I thought it would be right up my alley, but I found this one girl character who was probably gonna be the protagonist's love interest to be incredibly obnoxious so I stopped watching before I was even halfway through. Maybe I should give it a chance tho since it's got pretty good reviews.

Edited by Richard Power Colt