3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

You ever left in the middle of a movie?

The Dedito Gae

You never went to see a movie that sucked so hard you just lost any interest whatsoever and decided to leave without even seeing the ending?

If so, which movie was?

• Like 3

No, but I really wish I had walked out on the Max Payne movie. Easily the most disappointed I've ever been because of a film. Despicable.

this seems like a play off of Payne's playful jab at MH, but i'm actually 100% serious, Max Payne the movie was hot garbage

• Like 3

Man of Steel. But only because I wasn't feeling well. Had really bad nausea and hadn't slept the night before.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • Like 1

Damn straight I did.

I walked out in the middle of Annabelle. Man, that film was horrible in the so many levels. I highly discourage YOU to watch it - It should be rated S.A.D for Stupid And Dumb.

Yeah but I can't remember what it was. I walked out and peeked into a couple other theaters across the hall and settled on one that was playing Monsters Inc. I paid money and I wanted to see a movie goddammit! Monsters Inc was great btw.

I was thinking it could've been Blair Witch 2 that I walked out on, because it f*cking sucked. But that came out like a year before Monsters Inc, so it couldn't have been that. And I'm looking at a list of movies that came out that year to jog my memory and none of them are ringing any bells. Oh well.

Also I was dumb because I hated the first Blair Witch movie and I still went and saw the sequel anyway.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

no....in the rare cases i go to the movie i always watch a few reviews first

Not from a theater (since I don´t go to watch the movies at the theater often,I check the reviews and choose movies that I think I´ll at least find watchable),but there were times I would stop watching some random movies that were on TV or that I rented at the video store,if they were really bad.

Richard Power Colt

Nah never done that. Usually these days if I go to watch something in the theater, it's something that's already been praised by others.

• Like 1

I rarely switch a film off and I'm pretty sure I've never walked out of a cinema before. However, I could have easily walked out of The Da Vinci Code, had my mate not bought be entry in.

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

I've never left in the middle of a movie. At least not because of the quality of the movie. What kind of weak willed, short attention spanned person can't watch a bad movie?

I don't visit cinemas too often, but when I do I watch animated movies. And I haven't seen one that would be so bad that I would left cinema in the middle.

But if we can include movies we turned off somewhere in the middle I guess I can find some. Such list would definitely include:

-Drive - I couldn't bear it during the first seance, and I turned it off. I gave it a chance though and during second viewing I not only watch it to the end, but I actually start to liking it.

-Big Lebowski - seriously, I couldn't stand it as I didn't care for The Dude nor the story, so I turned it off.

-Mad Max: The Fury Road - I started watching it some time ago and I still didn't finish it to this day, nor I play to do this in the nearest future.

-Drive

-Big Lebowski

-Mad Max: The Fury Road

you're the kind of person who hates chocolate, aren't you?

"boy I just don't get it..." :pp

• Like 12

me and a few m8s walked out of gangster squad and into life of pi

its not that gangster squad was a bad film but a dude being ripped apart by two cars is not what you want to see when you're high like giraffe pussy

life of pi on the other hand f*ck me

• Like 2

If the movie already caught my attention, then I might as well finish it. That being said. I felt like shutting off Eden Lake because it was a f*cking irritating movie.

• Like 1

Get Hard with Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell. My girlfriend was laughing the whole time during the movie but I just thought it was stupid and the jokes weren't that funny, with says a lot because I usually like Kevin Hart's standup and think Will Ferrell is a decent actor. I just couldn't finish the movie. It just felt to me like they were pandering to people who think the dumbest sh*t is funny, like fat people like me falling down and fart jokes. We rented both of the newest Spider-Man movies and halfway through the first I took out the DVD and didn't even bother with the second. They're just terrible. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies were infinitely better. And the newest Fantastic Four... Where do I even start with that pile of dogsh*t... I had heard it wasn't that great but I went and saw it and boy, that was a mistake.

Edited by Irish45455

When I was about 10 years old my mom took me to see a movie I can't remember the name of or even what it was about. But I do remember leaving in the middle of it when I discovered I had been sitting in a seat that was covered in feces. Why I didn't notice the smell right away I have no clue.

• Like 2

Technically didnt leave but I fell asleep through that horrid Avatar The Last Airbender Movie forever ago (It was free)

Shrek 2. Date night. We'd had a nice meal, went for the gold class tickets, just a nice night out. Got a bottle of chilled white wine in a bucket between us. Once we finished the wine there was no need to stay, we both identified it as garbage early on. Such a disappointing sequel.

Shrek 2. Date night. We'd had a nice meal, went for the gold class tickets, just a nice night out. Got a bottle of chilled white wine in a bucket between us. Once we finished the wine there was no need to stay, we both identified it as garbage early on. Such a disappointing sequel.

I guess i'm one of the few people who loved shrek 2 and consider it the best shrek movie,1 was good but overrated,3 was decent and forgettable,4 was pure crap. (i'm glad that nostalgia critic is with me on this one)

Get Hard with Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell. My girlfriend was laughing the whole time during the movie but I just thought it was stupid and the jokes weren't that funny, with says a lot because I usually like Kevin Hart's standup and think Will Ferrell is a decent actor. I just couldn't finish the movie. It just felt to me like they were pandering to people who think the dumbest sh*t is funny, like fat people like me falling down and fart jokes. We rented both of the newest Spider-Man movies and halfway through the first I took out the DVD and didn't even bother with the second. They're just terrible. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies were infinitely better. And the newest Fantastic Four... Where do I even start with that pile of dogsh*t... I had heard it wasn't that great but I went and saw it and boy, that was a mistake.

All kevin hart movies suck,i never found kevin hart funny at all (except his scary movie role)

It was once at school, I was 10, they putted a movie which it was about a dude having an obssesion for insects, it was boring as f*cking f*ck.

But, personally, it was Taken 2.

Well, no specific ones, but many modern "horror" moves made me wanna walk out of the theater. I just don't see their appeal. Or anything good.

I've done it a couple of times, but only in cases of severe disinterest/movie being downright terrible.

The one time that I specifically remember was Appaloosa in 2005. My best friend and I saw a late night showing of it and we eventually walked out..found it terribly boring and honestly thought it was never going to end. I believe we also walked out of the third The Mummy movie (Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, iirc) because it was just..really not good.

On the other hand, I've been to a few showings and watched as other people left for whatever reasons. Specifically, I remember going to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) and watching as probably half the theater walked out during/immediately following the rape scene in that movie.

The Phantom Menace, c'mon folks we all did.

• Like 2