2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Can someone explain this please?

SoDank_ItPainsMe

SoDank_ItPainsMe

I was involved in a Piracy Prevention VIP work as a solo attacker (not in an organization), the pink organization holding the yacht were driven off by the yellow blips (yellows won the VIP work), I was on the beach firing on them and they appeared passive to me, I could not shoot them despite their being in an organization.

Yacht Defenses appear to be off, and you can see that the pink organization were still able to kill the yellow organization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GNm1no_PYM

I have posted a youtube video, it is mine, don't subscribe/it's unlisted/channel is not partnered/no monetization etc etc no need to think I'm promoting a channel that is absolutely not the case.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe

In the first few weeks of Yachts being released, I spent so much time on my yacht picking people off on the beach.

Then, when I was on the beach or the pier, I'd pick off the people on the yachts.

It was such great fun, I tellz ya!

Then, somewhere between then and the other night, when I tried to do it again, it didn't work!
I could neither shoot people on the pier nor could I should people on other yachts.

My guess is that someone got upset and complained and Rockstar said, "Oh no, we can't have that!" so they built an invisible force field around yachts to keep people from actually killing each other in GTAO. <bangs head against side of door>

So, nowadays, I try to keep one of these onboard my yacht, just in case.

vJulNs95aU-1IhJqqpkybw_0_0.jpg

• Like 1

SoDank_ItPainsMe

My guess is that someone got upset and complained and Rockstar said, "Oh no, we can't have that!" so they built an invisible force field around yachts to keep people from actually killing each other in GTAO.

If Yacht Defenses were on, I would gladly accept this as the reason, but that is clearly not the situation because they are shooting people on the beach with guns and this is impossible with Yacht Defenses activated.

Edited by SoDank_ItPainsMe

Are you sure it's piracy prevention? Isn't there supposed to be a timer and red player blips??

Shadowfennekin

Looks like Executive Deathmatch to me. When it's on, only the two organizations involved can fight each other

• Like 2

SoDank_ItPainsMe

Looks like Executive Deathmatch to me. When it's on, only the two organizations involved can fight each other

There was a VIP work moments before, the yellows won, no VIP work can be started for 5 minutes. If I could explain this normally I would have done so.

Are you sure it's piracy prevention? Isn't there supposed to be a timer and red player blips??

The yellows won the VIP work, pinks held the yacht and lost it to the yellows.

There was a VIP work moments before, the yellows won, no VIP work can be started for 5 minutes. If I could explain this normally I would have done so.

I thought all blips were marked red, or is that just for the people hosting the piracy prevention?

Furry_Monkey

Not sure why you think piracy prevention was taking place at that time, as it does not appear to be. The beach should be littered with vehicles and it's not. They'd be all over your mini-map.

• Like 3

SoDank_ItPainsMe

Not sure why you think piracy prevention was taking place at that time, as it does not appear to be. The beach should be littered with vehicles and it's not. They'd be all over your mini-map.

Yellows had just taken it over, work was over perhaps 1 minute before I shadowplayed the video.

It is a bug, which causes after a VIP Deathmatch, people to stay in "passive mode", this happens rarely, but it does happen at times.

I've had it as well.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

Actually, that's not entirely true. If a cooldown for an activity ends while you're doing another, you can literally start the activity right after the one you're doing finishes.

I go from Hostile Takeover to Ex Search all the time within a few seconds.

• Like 1

I don't know. I've seen a weird glitch a couple times where a person was passive to me, but still running around with a gun and fighting other people. One time this happened with a guy we had been battling and my friends were still killing him while I was stuck just observing. He wasn't ghosted to me either, though that was the basic behavior; I know he wasn't ghosted because I hadn't yet killed him. Whatever it is, it doesn't happen much.

Actually, that's not entirely true. If a cooldown for an activity ends while you're doing another, you can literally start the activity right after the one you're doing finishes.

Yeah, I've done that a lot too. Maybe they went directly from Piracy Prevention to an Executive Deathmatch.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 2

Maybe the player was putting yacht defense on and off?

-

There's something fishy going on with passive and ghost mode. I had a player with a gun shooting at me, not causing damage but he was ghost but player blip was still on the map so he hadn't of Ghosted on me and we couldn't kill each other.

SoDank_ItPainsMe

OK it is likely this is the explanation, thanks.

Wow, those names appear over their heads for long enough, at too much distance. Is that just because they're on a yacht, or because their doing that VIP 'mission' or is it something else?

(Just goes to show you how much I play this game).

DJROWIENZ

When piracy is on, the yacht that needs to be defended actually shows up as a yellow boat on your map.

In the first few weeks of Yachts being released, I spent so much time on my yacht picking people off on the beach.

Then, when I was on the beach or the pier, I'd pick off the people on the yachts.

It was such great fun, I tellz ya!

Then, somewhere between then and the other night, when I tried to do it again, it didn't work!

I could neither shoot people on the pier nor could I should people on other yachts.

My guess is that someone got upset and complained and Rockstar said, "Oh no, we can't have that!" so they built an invisible force field around yachts to keep people from actually killing each other in GTAO. <bangs head against side of door>

So, nowadays, I try to keep one of these onboard my yacht, just in case.vJulNs95aU-1IhJqqpkybw_0_0.jpg

If this is the case that is just spoiling the game gta online and you cant kill players wtf next?

This can't be the case surely