1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Official General

The real story with Grove Street Families and dealing drugs.

lil weasel
2 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I'm glad they don't. Selling drugs is the worst thing a protagonist can do. Even worse than burying a man alive. I'd like to believe the money we earn in GSF is based on protection services to the people and businesses of different territories and also controlling different events in those territories like lowrider events and street races. 

Piffle... Drug use is a CHOICE the first dozen or so times, Burying a person alive is Pure Evil,

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, lil weasel said:

Piffle... Drug use is a CHOICE the first dozen or so times, Burying a person alive is Pure Evil,

Drug use means a slow death of the soul and life of dozens of people and their families. Sure burying a foreman alive is Pure evil. But spreading drugs is worse. Because that's a slow death of more than one individual but thousands of people and the damnation of their children.  

Edited by TheSantader25

Evil empire
5 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I'd like to believe the money we earn in GSF is based on protection services to the people and businesses of different territories and also controlling different events in those territories like lowrider events and street races. 

The money you earn from the territories comes from the main.scm. Does it make your moral conscience feel quiet?

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Evil empire said:

The money you earn from the territories comes from the main.scm. Does it make your moral conscience feel quiet?

Yes

lil weasel
13 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Drug use means a slow death of the soul and life of dozens of people and their families. Sure burying a foreman alive is Pure evil. But spreading drugs is worse. Because that's a slow death of more than one individual but thousands of people and the damnation of their children.  

Drug use is a CHOICE, what results is the ending of that Choice.

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, lil weasel said:

Drug use is a CHOICE, what results is the ending of that Choice.

You're encouraging the CHOICE and therefore responsible. 

Official General
20 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

I'm glad they don't. Selling drugs is the worst thing a protagonist can do. Even worse than burying a man alive. I'd like to believe the money we earn in GSF is based on protection services to the people and businesses of different territories and also controlling different events in those territories like lowrider events and street races. 

That has gotta be a big joke.

Anyway, the GSF do sell drugs, they just don't sell the hard stuff like crack.

Edited by Official General

TheSantader25
3 hours ago, Official General said:

That has gotta be a big joke.

It isn't. Being an indirect cause of death doesn't mean you aren't responsible. Drugs are the same as "murder" but worse. Cause they cause the death of more than one person and also ruin the people around them. And not even like the death the foreman got. Drugs bring slow and painful progressive deaths. It's like giving someone a pistol to slowly commit suicide with but the "addiction " and "being desperate" don't let the victims make the choice. Especially a drug like crack. It spreads around like a disease in a neighborhood and people easily fall in the trap you're responsible for. 

Edited by TheSantader25

lil weasel

Please, This is a Game.

The Publishers gave a SOP to the "Censors" by having the GSF anti-Hard Drugs. We all know there is no such Moarls in the Hood regarding Gangs.

Official General
9 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

It isn't. Being an indirect cause of death doesn't mean you aren't responsible. Drugs are the same as "murder" but worse. Cause they cause the death of more than one person and also ruin the people around them. And not even like the death the foreman got. Drugs bring slow and painful progressive deaths. It's like giving someone a pistol to slowly commit suicide with but the "addiction " and "being desperate" don't let the victims make the choice. Especially a drug like crack. It spreads around like a disease in a neighborhood and people easily fall in the trap you're responsible for. 

You're playing the wrong game and franchise if you feel so strongly about selling crack in a video game. Selling crack and other hard drugs is the backbone and lifeline of Black and Hispanic street gangs. To wash that out in a video game depicting these very same gangs is very superficial and nonsensical. I get it's only a game, but Rockstar made a clear mistake going down that route and most SA fans can clearly see that. Being fine doing drive-bys and shooting up the hood, killing people and burying construction workers alive but being horribly against selling hard drugs ? Seriously come on....

TheSantader25
11 minutes ago, Official General said:

You're playing the wrong game and franchise if you feel so strongly about selling crack in a video game. Selling crack and other hard drugs is the backbone and lifeline of Black and Hispanic street gangs. To wash that out in a video game depicting these very same gangs is very superficial and nonsensical. I get it's only a game, but Rockstar made a clear mistake going down that route and most SA fans can clearly see that. Being fine doing drive-bys and shooting up the hood, killing people and burying construction workers alive but being horribly against selling hard drugs ? Seriously come on....

Oh anyone who knows me knows that I don't care about this stuff at all. I didn't care about Toni blowing up a neighborhood or CJ burying a foreman. After all it's just a game. And I play games to do the things I can't in real life. BUT if I was to discuss morals which we are doing now I would say Drug trafficking is among the worst crimes a protagonist can do. And I put it higher than burying a foreman alive. But personally I couldn't care less since it's just a game. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Official General
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Oh anyone who knows me know that I don't care about this stuff at all. I didn't care about Toni blowing up a neighborhood or CJ burying a foreman. After all it's just a game. And I play games to do the things I can't in real life. BUT if I was to discuss morals which we are doing now I would say Drug trafficking is among the worst crimes a protagonist can do. And I put it higher than burying a foreman alive. But personally I couldn't care less since it's just a game. 

While you're entitled to your opinions on these kinda real-life matters, we were speaking within the context of the in-game world, so let's stick to that 😎👍

Bottom line is there should have been drug dealing activities in this game, even if it's just weed. Thankfully the Black Market mod allows this. 

TheSantader25
8 minutes ago, Official General said:

While you're entitled to your opinions on these kinda real-life matters, we were speaking within the context of the in-game world, so let's stick to that 😎👍

Bottom line is there should have been drug dealing activities in this game, even if it's just weed. Thankfully the Black Market mod allows this. 

Well at least I don't have to sell 50 drugs using an Ice cream truck. God I hated that mission in VC. So frustrating. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Official General
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Well at least I don't have to sell 50 drugs using an Ice cream truck. God I hated that mission in VC. So frustrating. 

I loved it when I first played it. You had to worry about doing on rival gangs turf or they'd come and shoot you up, it had me on edge. For it's time it was pure fire. 

TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, Official General said:

I loved it when I first played it. You had to worry about doing on rival gangs turf or they'd come and shoot you up, it had me on edge. For it's time it was pure fire. 

I just went to the docks. Sold to 4-5 people. Waited for wanted stars to go away. REPEAT. bored me to hell. 

TripleOGJohnson

Drugs were a big role in every hood in the 90's, because if you weren't selling it you were robbing dealers so everybody was involved in it in some way. Most of the money I made in Ganton came from robbing dealers too I guess that was immoral. Hitting licks was just as big as gangbanging and killing over colors in 90's plus keep in mind that those dealers grew up gang connected and graduated from gangbanging to moving crack. No random dude was gonna be able to stand up in the middle of Ganton, Willowfield, etc without having past affiliation. Ballas traditionally have been the big money makers in Los Santos. But also not every Families set is alike, I know of someone originally from Temple Drive Families (OG Harold) who sold drugs in the 80's and got 30+ years in prison. He "graduated" from gangbanging. He wasn't standing on a corner with an AK47 dripping with green bandanas from head to toe. All of the dealers were banging at some point and put their colors behind to make money this is how Ballas were able to work with the Eses. People will put the purple, yellow, gang, etc rag away for $$$$. Even when Big Smoke died, he was wearing neutral colors and rocking basketball jerseys, nobody who didn't know him before would have ever known that he grew up Grove/Balla affiliated. 

Also you don't have to sell drugs to do immoral things as the protag. For example I remember a time when Los Santos got too hot from LSPD cracking down, so I moved to an apartment complex out in Montgomery. I recruited a couple of homies and we drove out to Montgomery and were robbing civilians and that was our main activity. We were out there basically running a burglary/armed robbery ring out of the apartment complex. Was that better or worse than selling drugs? Those country bumpkin police out there never seen Los Santos gangs before that and I took advantage just like how dealers took advantage of people in LS. I dunno if I was any better than the dealers because of all of the licks I hit back then. 

Edited by TripleOGJohnson