2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

About to buy the pisces yacht, need honest opinions.

Jammsbro

Okay, got enough to buy the pisces. I need honest opinions on this and the Aquarius. Peeps say Pisces is better due to being able to access the entire boat and having a swift but I also see peeps talking about the Aquarius being ace.

So, as a player that doesn't buy sharks, and grinds for cash give me your genuine pros and cons between the pisces and aquarius before I spends several million.

Mind in deed that its 20 percent off and I really want to buy before th discount ends. Scrub that I am :)

Pros:

-Easier access to the bow and forward superstructure

-Includes a Swift, rather than the SuperVolito

-Wider, more expansive superstructure, which allows you to land small jets (not exactly easy, but worth noting)

-Cheaper

Cons:

-Comes with less boats

Other than that, it's pretty much worth getting the Pisces rather than the Aquarius. It's cheaper, has better vehicular options, and has easier access to the bow.

There's really no reason to get the Aquarius, besides more sea vehicles.

Edited by The7thOne
  • Like 3

dVOJf7l.png

Buy Pisces and it's 2m to upgrade later. Buy Aquarius and it's a mill extra then a mill to downgrade.

I'd go Pisces. I downgraded. Aquarius is frustrating to move around on.

Death Rains From Above

Contrary to what others might say, a bigger price tag does not constitute superiority.

Both yachts have their merits. The Pisces has easier access around the ship itself and is bundled with a Swift Deluxe, Speeder boat, 2 Seasharks, and a Dinghy.

The Aquarius is the same boat except that it lacks easier access to the front (not really an issue). It is bundled with a SuperVolito Carbon, 4 Seasharks, a Toro boat (a tad slower than the Speeder), and a Dinghy as well.

Access to the front of the yacht aside, it all comes down to which vehicle bundle you prefer. If you already have some/all the vehicles in a bundle, I'd suggest choosing the bundle that'll give you more vehicles you don't have.

For example: Say you already own a Speeder and a Swift (Regular or Deluxe), but not a Toro or SV Carbon. The Pisces bundle already has the veghicles you own, thus for the sake of value, it would make sense to go for the Aquarius, as it is bundled with vehicles you don't own.

Overall, both yachts are pretty much the same. It all comes down to vehicle bundle preference.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Pisces has less canopy tents strewn about the deck, whilst the Aquarius has more tents.

Edited by FlyingTank
  • Like 3

I would cruise the ocean and find both versions and hopefully be allowed aboard both and walk around both yourself.

If I'm not mistaken, dock tease discounts last six days, no?

MontanaRedDog

If you want to do piracy prevention then not having the bow accessible is a good thing. I have a pisces and everytime I do piracy prevention I wish I had less avenues for the enemy to attack.

I got an Aquarius because I didn't own a supervolito carbon and that's what hooked me into that one. I'd say go based on what you own/don't own and if you don't have any of those vehicles based on which ones you'd like most

SoDank_ItPainsMe

I downgraded from the Aquarius, the Pisces has easier traversal of the deck, a better boat and a better helicopter, more space to land aircraft on (even a hydra).

It's also cheaper, most people I play with bought the Aquarius and then moved to the Pisces, honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this was intended to make everyone spend an extra million when they realized just buying the most expensive thing was stupid.

• Like 2

Horse_With_No_Name

PROS

-cheaper

-faster boats

-two ways to the front of the ship(good in piracy prevention)

-tarp over the bridge(prevents players from dropping in through the roof in piracy prevention)

-looks more classy

CONS

-IMO the carbon velito looks better then the swift and takes up less space.

-You will probably be labeled as a hipster.

I have one of each and I like them both.

I prefer the "look" of the Aquarius with the placement of the shade canvas and the style of the mast. I also already owned the Speeder and Swift Deluxe, so I wanted the vehicles I didn't already own.

The Supervolito looks more interesting than the Swift, IMO, but landing one takes practice. It's a bit more nimble in the air (but has a lower top speed) and its smaller rotor diameter can get you into tighter spaces.

The Speeder is the better boat over the Toro, but I always grab a Seashark to yacht-spot.

If you want to host Piracy Prevention, the Pisces is generally viewed as the better choice; but your tactics dictate that. Personally, I find it easier to board a Pisces, but a little harder to claim the yellow square than the Aquarius.

As said before, don't get an Orion; unless you are afraid of Jacuzzis or want to be able to land 3-4 Hydras on a yacht, for some reason.

The stuff about more space to land aircraft on a Pieces is not true, I proved many months ago that there's at least 5 spots to land a hydra on an Aquarius that don't overlap, and an additional few spots to land a buzzard that don't overlap those...so, that part is a non issue.

As for deck access, it cuts both ways, easier access for you is easier access for pirates.

I've had the Aquarius on my 1st character since the update dropped, just got the Pisces for character 2, its fine but the back end seems awfully empty.

So, as a player that doesn't buy sharks, and grinds for cash give me your genuine pros and cons between the pisces and aquarius before I spends several million.

The Pisces. For someone on a budget, why waste an extra million on the Aquarius and leave yourself short of cash?

Unless you absolutely must have the Supervolito or Toro.

I own 4 yachts, 2 Pisces and 2 Aquarius .. I would recommend the Pisces over the Aquarius. The two biggest reasons, nicer helicopter, I like the fact the wheels retract. You can get to the bow to the stern with ease .. don't buy it for the reason of piracy prevention which you can only run once an hour and 4 times per VIP session. The first two reasons are why I would buy it.

You can't go wrong with either, but if you don't grind or play a lot, the Pisces is the way to go and you won't regret it.

Pick your favourite helicopter and then choose the yacht because that.

The extra vehicles are all so so .. I never use mine at all, I just blow them up .. you don't need 4 seashores and forget about the boats been better on either boat, they just boats at the end of the day.

DaltonLSXV8

Same decision here. Have no idea which to buy. I much prefer the shape of the Pisces and Swift, and the Aquarius' side windows are a bit too big in my opinion. It also has too many canopies.

The Toro looks great, but has very bad performance compared to the Speeder.

Something tells me, buy the most expensive one, if you're going to spend that much, just buy the most expensive one, and then something else tells me that the Pisces is much more suited to my liking. The Aquarius looks like an older yacht model with those big windows, while the Pisces has a much more modern streamline.

l Marksman God l

I wouldn't buy a yacht but if you want, buy the one with the swift. The supervolito is terrible to land

I see another sid

Same decision here. Have no idea which to buy. I much prefer the shape of the Pisces and Swift, and the Aquarius' side windows are a bit too big in my opinion. It also has too many canopies.

Something tells me, buy the most expensive one, if you're going to spend that much, just buy the most expensive one, and then something else tells me that the Pisces is much more suited to my liking. The Aquarius looks like an older yacht model with those big windows, while the Pisces has a much more modern streamline.

Which of the following two cars would you prefer if you saw a Ford 2.8L and a Ford 2.8LX driving down the street?

The one with the X after the L, of course, even though it's more expensive and there is virtually no difference, it's all about having the best and latest model.

If status and prestige is important to you then go for the Aquarius. It's only a million dollars of virtual money more, and you'll feel good knowing you've got the X version.

It the best out of the 3. Easier to move about on and the Swift is just as good as the chopper that comes with the more expensive yacht. You get 2 less jet ski's but that's pretty minor. Also, the front of the Aquarius looks completely unfinished (what is meant to be the bridge windows).

If you want to do piracy prevention then not having the bow accessible is a good thing. I have a pisces and everytime I do piracy prevention I wish I had less avenues for the enemy to attack.

But the Aquarius has an open roof on the room you have to capture, which can be a huge headache. Anyone that parachutes or climbs up there can look down into the room and clear it out, then drop in. It's a trade-off IMO.

Don't buy the gold railings it's a waste of money, I don't if notice I have them or not. I have 1 yacht with it and the rest without .. total waste of $750K. However, If you wanted them now is the time to get them with the discounts.

Do however buy the expensive lights (2nd line), this brightens up your yacht at night considerably .. the cheaper lights don't do much.

Edited by rapidwiz

Bought the pisces, don't regret it. Thanks all.

Which paint? Which lighting? What did you name it?

Don't compare the extra vehicles, you hardly use them, this shouldn't be a decision maker

Pick it for the following reasons

1. Helicopter (which do you prefer)

2. Do you like access between the bow and stern.

3. Do you want the open roof off not for piracy prevention should you want to play it (this shouldn't be a deciding factor, but it helps. It's also nicer if you running across the top of your yacht to get to one side from the other not to have to worry about falling in and having to go along the side. Once you fall down you can't go back, you have to go all the way to the 2nd floor and back, a pain.

The rest is mute.

You can't go wrong with either yacht, I know the hesitation, everyone wants the most expensive yacht and with these discounts, probably makes sense to get the most expensive yacht. However functionality wise , the Pisces is the way to go. In fact I would of said the Pisces should of been the high end yacht and not the Aquarius, but it is not.

Get the Pisces or better yet, get 1 with your primary character and a 2nd one with your second character if you can afford it.

Edited by rapidwiz

What is this piracy prevention everyone keeps talking about? (LG player here)

Is it really that important to be able to strategically defend your yacht? I thought it was yours permanently when purchased and indestructable..

DaltonLSXV8

Bought the Pisces, 100% satisfied with it, looks absolutely amazing and the vehicles which come with it are great too. The swift has a really nice luxurious shape, and the Speeder is very fast too

How do you even pronounce it? "Piss-Chess" ?

Pie-cees. Kind of.

What is this piracy prevention everyone keeps talking about? (LG player here)

Is it really that important to be able to strategically defend your yacht? I thought it was yours permanently when purchased and indestructable..

It's part of the VIP mode, its just a PvP game to defend/capture a spot near the bridge.

Pie seas

whywontyoulisten

I'd rather have a SuperVolito and a Toro than a Swift and Speeder, but the blocked off access to the front of the yacht would get annoying; the fact that the internal windows of the bridge and bar are clearly those of the Pisces would bug me as well.