Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,853 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

GTA VI should focus on "real" criminal organizations again

Sir Michael

There hasn't been Yakuza in a while.. we've always had Triads and the Italian Mafia (sometimes Cartel), it'd be nice to have something a bit different from the norm.

Official General

There hasn't been Yakuza in a while.. we've always had Triads and the Italian Mafia (sometimes Cartel), it'd be nice to have something a bit different from the norm.

There is no significant Yakuza presence in the USA enough to warrant their appearance in a GTA game.

You can't just stuff any kind of criminal organisation you want to in a GTA game simply just because you want to see something different. It don't work like that. It has to fit with location/setting and era, the Yakuza just don't fit. After III, this has always been the case. III was a big exception, only because it was Rockstar's first 'proper' GTA game (as in 3D) and they weren't too bothered about closely replicating realisim at the time.

Every GTA game since then has closely replicated the criminal underworlds of the real life locations they are based on. Going by this, it makes no sense to have the Yakuza in GTA. You might have one minor exception if we get SP DLC expansions in San Fierro, as there are many Japanese people (and some yakuza) in San Francisco in real life.

Edited by Official General

Journey_95

Yakuza would be interesting but not sure where it would fit.

Anyway this thread is already almost 2 years old but I definitely still think that the next GTA should focus on real criminal organizations. There should be at best very little corrupt government involvement and no paramilitary bs like Merryweather (doesn't fit one bit).

Edited by Journey_95

Lethal-lock

It would be cool if the next GTA was set in Tijuana and involved a lot of drug trafficking from Mexico to the US and gun trafficking from US to Mexico, Trevor could have a cameo lol. This would also fit into the idea of our GTA Online characters being able to go to the airport and jump from city to city in an ever expanding and connected universe.

I kinda feel like that was going to be a part of the single player DLC that was cancelled and cannibalized into GTAO :cry:

AdmiralAmmunation

The story in V did have way too much government involvement imo. But that will make VI's focus (if it is) on proper crime orgs that much better and refreshing.

RetroMystic

The story in V did have way too much government involvement imo. But that will make VI's focus (if it is) on proper crime orgs that much better and refreshing.

The focus never should have been on the government of the first place. I didn't feel sick of gangs when I moved from Triads, the Yakuza, Yardies, the Cartel etc onto the Vercetti gang, Haitians & Cubans, Diaz' gang and so on. Each gang or representation of some criminal organisation brought something new to the table and it was really unnecessary for R* to take the game in such a weird direction when they already established the really solid gang missions with Franklin (only to later forget and brush off for muh splody buildings and infiltration missions).

Timcatgt5

If the next game were to involve the protagonist/protagonists who are members of a criminal gang, it should involve the drug scene and how the gangs operate and control their business interests while competing against their rivals.

I've always wanted to see how Colombian/Mexican/Cuban street gangs stay competitive in a rapidly changing, free market economy.

If the plot went further there would be a chance to show how the wealthy and highly linked drug cartels and businessmen have influence over a corrupt police department or regional government.

Vice City would be nearly perfect for this plot. But I hope they don't go too far and involve something that would ruin the atmosphere of the game.

AdmiralAmmunation

The focus never should have been on the government of the first place. I didn't feel sick of gangs when I moved from Triads, the Yakuza, Yardies, the Cartel etc onto the Vercetti gang, Haitians & Cubans, Diaz' gang and so on. Each gang or representation of some criminal organisation brought something new to the table and it was really unnecessary for R* to take the game in such a weird direction when they already established the really solid gang missions with Franklin (only to later forget and brush off for muh splody buildings and infiltration missions).

I honestly think R* involved the government so heavily because they needed a reason for all three characters to be involved with each other so much. If they didn't, there would be almost no reason for these characters to be so involved with each other.

I mean half the government missions they were only with eachother because the government told them to be.

If this three protagonist thing is gonna be the new standard for GTA (which I hope it is) than I think next tome they will be more willing to let the characters be more different and not have their arms twisted and be forced to work with each other.

I mean that also could have worked with an intensely powerful cartel, but with the backstory of M,T, and F govt was the only one that made sense.

Official General

I honestly think R* involved the government so heavily because they needed a reason for all three characters to be involved with each other so much. If they didn't, there would be almost no reason for these characters to be so involved with each other.

I mean half the government missions they were only with eachother because the government told them to be.

If this three protagonist thing is gonna be the new standard for GTA (which I hope it is) than I think next tome they will be more willing to let the characters be more different and not have their arms twisted and be forced to work with each other.

I mean that also could have worked with an intensely powerful cartel, but with the backstory of M,T, and F govt was the only one that made sense.

@ Admiral

That's an extremely p*ss poor and laughable set of excuses you put forward for Rockstar's choice of a boring and uninteresting government-dominated story theme.

If the next game were to involve the protagonist/protagonists who are members of a criminal gang, it should involve the drug scene and how the gangs operate and control their business interests while competing against their rivals.

I've always wanted to see how Colombian/Mexican/Cuban street gangs stay competitive in a rapidly changing, free market economy.

If the plot went further there would be a chance to show how the wealthy and highly linked drug cartels and businessmen have influence over a corrupt police department or regional government.

Vice City would be nearly perfect for this plot. But I hope they don't go too far and involve something that would ruin the atmosphere of the game.

That's what I was hoping for V and I sure hope we get it this time in VI.

AdmiralAmmunation

@ Admiral

That's an extremely p*ss poor and laughable set of excuses you put forward for Rockstar's choice of a boring and uninteresting government-dominated story theme.

That's what I was hoping for V and I sure hope we get it this time in VI.

It is NOT an excuse. I am not a fan of the story being taken over by government crap either.

I was just explaining their point of view and why they probably did it that way. Its just the most obvious easiest option to have these three characters interact, have conflict, but still work together and not get busted.

Its not easy writing three completely different characters and having all their stories intertwine, make sense, and satisfy the personalities for all of them.

Official General

@ Admiral

Ok cool, I get you, but I don't agree with your other part. There are several ideas Rockstar could have come up with to successfully intertwine 3 protagonists, aside from that government stuff. There can easily be a million other reasons why those 3 guys would have met up and worked together.

Journey_95

It would have been fine if it was just a side plot. Corrupt government stuff has always been a part of GTA and as ridiculous as it was I didn't mind the FIB vs IAA bs. But it should never have been the main focus and milked so much, there are just so many missions wasted on that...

I hated the Merryweather sh*t as well because private militia's feel out of place in GTA.

Zello

I'm fine with government stuff if it only has a very small role in the story like working for UL paper in IV. I also liked Toreno in SA even if it got a bit ridiculous he didn't take up a lot of the story and he helped to get Sweet out of prison.

It was terrible in V most of the Heists they did were for the FIB and I didn't really feel like having all that government stuff heavily involved in V's story paid off it ended up being a very disappointing mess.

Edited by Zello

Official General

It would have been fine if it was just a side plot. Corrupt government stuff has always been a part of GTA and as ridiculous as it was I didn't mind the FIB vs IAA bs. But it should never have been the main focus and milked so much, there are just so many missions wasted on that...

I hated the Merryweather sh*t as well because private militia's feel out of place in GTA.

@ Journey

Indeed.

Corrupt government stuff is not a bad thing in GTA provided it does not swamp the whole theme and storyline, which in V, unfortunately it did. And yeah private military outfits just don't fit in GTA in my view, they feel more at home with Metal Gear Solid or Splinter Cell.

Ice Cream Man

Read all complaints why rockstar chose the corrupt government route. I suggest you guys listen -Immortal technique, Rich Man's World on repeat.

You see. My obsession with grand theft auto has made me master in criminology. I studied the under ground world for years. What I discovered everything gang sh*t. Every country is built from (On) gangs. Police is a gang, IAA gang and FIB gang, and political gangs.

Without criminals fueling the prison industrial complex, these agencies would be out work, outta business over night. The biggest gang is the government. See the world is a business composed of many corporations. Let's not forgot one the oldest commodities, human beings. See I don't understand why everybody complaining about. People have a Hollywood perception of gang culture. GTA V is probably has the most realistic storyline every created by rockstar. Can't wait to get knee deep in GTA V, so many unfinished play-throughs, have not got around to finish the game. When I do I will have a better in-depth review of the story. My only complaint is that developers shoulda made a protagonist Mexican. On street level Mexicans gang run the streets of L.A. You can tell by the code of silence. You rarely see a Mexican do a interview, or make it big in music. That's probably why you never seen rockstar make a latin protagonist, always a antagonist.

Black gangs had their run during mid 80s- 90s. They hung up their bandannas and traded in for microphone. Black gangs in L.A are overrated, they became so Hollywood. Mexican and Central Americans stay true to the game and keep their business on a hush, even better than those Italians.

Edited by Ice Cream Man

Official General

Read all complaints why rockstar chose the corrupt government route. I suggest you guys listen -Immortal technique, Rich Man's World on repeat.

You see. My obsession with grand theft auto has made me master in criminology. I studied the under ground world for years. What I discovered everything gang sh*t. Every country is built from (On) gangs. Police is a gang, IAA gang and FIB gang, and political gangs.

Without criminals fueling the prison industrial complex, these agencies would be out work, outta business over night. The biggest gang is the government. See the world is a business composed of many corporations. Let's not forgot one the oldest commodities, human beings. See I don't understand why everybody complaining about. People have a Hollywood perception of gang culture. GTA V is probably has the most realistic storyline every created by rockstar. Can't wait to get knee deep in GTA V, so many unfinished play-throughs, have not got around to finish the game. When I do I will have a better in-depth review of the story. My only complaint is that developers shoulda made a protagonist Mexican. On street level Mexicans gang run the streets of L.A. You can tell by the code of silence. You rarely see a Mexican do a interview, or make it big in music. That's probably why you never seen rockstar make a latin protagonist, always a antagonist.

Black gangs had their run during mid 80s- 90s. They hung up their bandannas and traded in for microphone. Black gangs in L.A are overrated, they became so Hollywood. Mexican and Central Americans stay true to the game and keep their business on a hush, even better than those Italians.

Thanks for the history lesson on government corruption, but I still don't wanna see too much of it in GTA and I still found it boring and uninteresting in V. Sorry, but your very informative sermon won't change that.

I do agree that the protagonist should have been Chicano though.

Zello

If they do modern day again they have to do something with the cartels. They had their chance with V but screwed up Martin Madrazo.

I posted this in another thread but I'd like to play as a gay Mexican drug lord like Felipe Lobos from power.

He'd be like a Mexican version of Trevor who has to escape Mexico because all of the other cartels are after him and it's become too dangerous for him so he has to rebuild and start over in the US. If he's not the protagonist make him a mission boss and the protagonist works for him a relationship similar to Toni and Salvatores in LCS or like Luis and Gay Tony in TBOGT but not as an errand boy.

Edited by Zello

Official General

If they do modern day again they have to do something with the cartels. They had their chance with V but screwed up Martin Madrazo.

I posted this in another thread but I'd like to play as a gay Mexican drug lord like Felipe Lobos from power.

He'd be like a Mexican version of Trevor who has to escape Mexico because all of the other cartels are after him and it's become too dangerous for him so he has to rebuild and start over in the US. If he's not the protagonist make him a mission boss and the protagonist works for him a relationship similar to Toni and Salvatores in LCS or like Luis and Gay Tony in TBOGT but not as an errand boy.

A bit of a bizarre choice of protagonist.....a serious question, are you gay ? Is that the basis of your choice ?

Zello

No I'm not gay. With the way R* has been handling characters lately and how much people liked Trevor I wouldn't be surprised if they made a similar character.

Official General

No I'm not gay. With the way R* has been handling characters lately and how much people liked Trevor I wouldn't be surprised if they made a similar character.

LOL ok, cool was just asking relating to your previous statement.

Ice Cream Man

First line is truth. The second line. Well I disagree the whole gay thing. Homosexuality featured in way to many mainstream media outlets. It's like media corp owners want to push the agenda down are throats. Cartoons, power and empire just name a few..

Reason why lobos and tbogt gay themed because it waters down the image of latin gangs. Still tbogt fun as hell though. 2nd favourite GTA.

Edited by Ice Cream Man