2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Are Heists dead?

Final Quake

Final Quake

I've been hosting Heist after Heist and for the life of me I can't get anyone to join. Is this just another mode nobody bothers using anymore?

Shadowfennekin

No, matchmaking's just sh*t. I join them sometimes when I don't feel like doing FR and find a full lobby almost immediately.

Furry_Monkey

Bitch & meetups stories thread.

No, seriously, of course there's less people playing them. They're over a year old and most players won't play the same thing repeatedly for even half that time. I was obviously jesting when pointing you at the meetups forum, but that would be your best bet if you're having problems finding people. There's still enough - just nowhere near as many.

Are you using free aim?

Edited by Furry_Monkey

lll-H-I-M-lll

Alot of players including myself played them for the vehicles, got them and never bothered after

• Like 2

For quite some time, heists were what I played the most. I played each one of them countless times, until one day, they became boring. After some time, it's not fun to continue doing the same things over and over again, at least for me. Now I'm more into other things I haven't tried that much before, and even went back to racing that I got bored before, and ended up getting interest again.

I think it's the same reason for everyone, things get boring after doing them a ton of times. After all, the goal of a video game (should be) having fun, and when things aren't fun anymore, people tend to move to another thing. It's not a matter of the heists not being good, fun, nicely developed and so on, but instead the fact people just played them a lot already. You can realize that by noticing most people recruiting random for heists (except Pac St for self-explanatory reasons) are lower level players - people who haven't played them that much.

• Like 2

Final Quake

No, seriously, of course there's less people playing them. They're over a year old and most players won't play the same thing repeatedly for even half that time. I was obviously jesting when pointing you at the meetups forum, but that would be your best bet if you're having problems finding people. There's still enough - just nowhere near as many.

Are you using free aim?

I'm not complaining, i'm asking a genuine question. Are Heists dead? You can either answer it or not. But yet again, you're the argumentative type who likes to force opinion.(I've seen how you act in other threads.)

Edited by Final Quake
  • Like 2

Sky_Light12

to randumbs ? it's worse than dead

to trusted associates ? less likely

Furry_Monkey

Are you using free aim?

I'm not complaining, i'm asking a genuine question. Are Heists dead? You can either answer it or not. But yet again, you're the argumentative type who likes to force opinion.(I've seen how you act in other threads.)

Lol. That first line was a joke, as explained in the rest of the post where I answered your question. I wasn't arguing, so you're the one being argumentative ;)

ViolatingBox

I jump into them from time to time. I usually like going for finales though and tend to avoid random setups.

I would expect that since things are in a lull on GTA:O that the player base has scattered a bit.

So, OP I would look at it multiple ways - matchmaking is bad right now as said upthread, many people are playing other games currently and the freeroam warriors are the only ones really playing hardcore still. That leaves you with three different combining factors that make it hard to get people to sign on to your heist.

• Like 1

AOR BigDaddyZee

They kinda became meh after double money heists.. and havent touched one since VIP work became a thing. And id imagine its the same for a decent amount of people here and on GTA in general

No, matchmaking's just sh*t. I join them sometimes when I don't feel like doing FR and find a full lobby almost immediately.

This is my theory. Even back in the early days, I tried to host a few times and no one joined. Broken sh*t.
  • Like 2

lll-H-I-M-lll

I would expect that since things are in a lull on GTA:O that the player base has scattered a bit.

So, OP I would look at it multiple ways - matchmaking is bad right now as said upthread, many people are playing other games currently and the freeroam warriors are the only ones really playing hardcore still. That leaves you with three different combining factors that make it hard to get people to sign on to your heist.

Fully agree i used to host races regularly with near full lobbies but recently they have been dead so not bothered

A lot of people are burned out from grinding them so hard in the past. I've only played one random heist after completing the CM challenge.

Audi_893.gif

ELNAATH12232007

Everytime I host I never get anybody but whenever I join, I immediately click on the link, get a notice that the heist is already filled up and then I have to land back into the lobby and end up getting stuck in the cloud, most every single f*ckin time.

High level players are playing missions solo. I see it repeatedly. They usually let me play with them or they kick me so they can peacefully do the missions by themselves. Its how most are making money these days, not even bothering with heists, its only worth it with friends.

Edited by ELNAATH12232007

shadowoperative

Not to me. Just started doing heists for the first time.

Hopefully with 3 friends.

Joining random heists has gone well maybe 1/20 times. I do heists with friends almost daily.

OP, msg me if you want in (PS4)

Edited by Dondara
  • Like 2

No Use For A Name

I haven't even finished the Humane Labs one.

I'm level 385.

How pathetic is that ?

The game is either at or probably heading towards a severe low point of interest. Not everyone is in this category. But, I'm guessing it'll open up in the summer, when a bunch of kids get out of school and have time to play or are just getting the game.

I'm saying this as somebody who was totally devout to this game (444/395). Night and day. But after heavily doing free roam and getting absolutely bored with listening to Lester's spiel, I simply had to take a break. For my sanity.

So, OP, look on the bright side, at least you've.......ehh, I've got nothing.

Best of luck.

Edited by MapRef41N93W

Nah, matchmaking has been screwed up since the Lowriders: Classics update. Someone may go on call to join your heist or may direct join, but it might tell them the heist is either no longer available or it will put them in something that isn't a heist at all.

Also, are you hosting from invite only? Might cause people to not be able to join. Plus, people spam heist invites all the time so you might just be one of many sending invites and it's just being ignored.

Plus, there's better ways to make $$ faster within an hour than doing a heist with randumbs.

Edited by Alisha Nicole

I would like to play heists a little more, but it's pretty rare to find a group without anyone leaving or people constantly failing the mission. And then you've still got all the connection errors to worry about. I'm still on PS3 so I'm not sure if they've made any changes but a couple of things keep me and other players from playing heists more often:

-Constantly end up joining Fleeca (not the finale). Little less often if you have another heist loaded as leader, apparently.

-All the connection issues that come up and forcefully break up the group.

-Some missions like EMP Delivery are almost impossible with random players most of the time.

-Even if you can solo missions, random players tend to not sit back and wait - they go out and die or fail the mission.

-If there's not a greedy player demanding a bigger cut than 20% and keeping everyone waiting, there's a greedy heist leader reducing people's cuts to below 15%. It's never worth staying with that group.

-People setting the difficulty to Easy. Can't afford to only play Hard and with Player Saved Outfits because almost noone does that, but Easy is just a waste of time.

-Running out of lives with one remaining teammate fails the mission instead of letting them finish it. What the hell, Rockstar?

-Getting kicked before you've done or said anything, regardless of wether your rank is high or low (including higher than the host).

All things considered, contact missions are a better source of income and even with stupid people, a smaller source of frustrations. They can still mess things up by destroying mission critical objects, but if they don't their stupidity is often just another funny thing that helps people enjoy the game. Well, for me anyway.

genuinely, they're not dead. Most people that play heists only play with friends or allow maybe 1-2 randoms. By hosting a heists alone you're depending not only on the kindness of strangers but also their competence. Your best bet is to meet up with other like-minded players in the meetup thread as that furiously argumentative monkey mentioned ;) or just meet some people in a lobby and ask if they want to do a heist. Hosting without players or a plan is not the way to play heists, you'll be even more frustrated after failing for the hundredth time than sitting and waiting in the menu screen... imo.

I started new on my second character level 10 so far,I still have to do all heist 😢😵

Edited by Elektra
  • Like 3

Plus, there's better ways to make $$ faster within an hour than doing a heist with randumbs.

This 100%. They'll f**k up the heist every time.

I see new low level players online all the time. Now if you look at the trophies (percentages) from the heists for one reason or another a lot of people have never done many of them. Still though if 8 million people a week play GTAV online and even 10-15% do the heists that is still a lot of people doing them. If you're stuck trying to get people to join yours, try joining someone else's and help them do a couple things then ask that group if they can help you knock out one or two of yours.

An elegant solution would be to create themed lobbies where people who wanted to do races, car shows, PvP wars, heists, or whatever other things could join a specific purposed lobby knowing they'd have an easier time meeting people who are there to do similar activities.

I enjoy the heists very much and often join random sessions just to mix things up, meet new people, or because I feel bad for someone trying to do one of the "hard with people who don't know what they're doing" ones. I've had better than 1/3 good experiences joining or inviting randoms, and even if you get into one with 2 retards you may meet one solid guy that you can throw on your friends list for later. And as someone else mentioned, the ones that are colossal failures are often good for some laughs at least.

This 100%. They'll f**k up the heist every time. of course missions are more profitable with randoms but nothing makes more $$$ than heists with a decent team, all the OP seems to be missing is 3 decent friends imo.

Elder Maxson

Heists aren't dead, it's the matchmaking that's f*cked up. That, and no one wants to wait 20 minutes to wait for that fourth player to join, only for him to leave mid-heist.

You're better off playing with friends to start heists.