2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How do you feel about outnumbering people?

Hunter

How do you feel about outnumbering people?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. How much is too much?

• I only fight if everyone has an equal number.
    • Two on one is ok, anything else is too much.
    • Three on one is ok, anything else is too much.
    • Four+ is fine, I'm not bothered.
  2. 2. Is it ok for a lone wolf to get a vehicle to even the odds?

• Yes, even if it's just two one one.
    • Yes, but only if it's three on one or more.
    • It's always ok. Crush! Kill!
    • It's never ok.

Just curious how people feel about outnumbering people in public free mode.

Do you feel bad for killing someone you hugely outnumber, and retreat? Or do you keep at it?

What about vehicles - should the lone wolf get himself/herself something to even the odds, or stick it out on foot?

• Like 1

Hybrid_Punk

I only gang up on griefers. Anybody else that picks a fight with me will get a fair fight. (As long as they're playing fair as well.)

• Like 6

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

i am generaly a solo fighter anyhow.

on the rare occasions i got a friend with me....you got the option to fight, run or leave the session so i dont care

• Like 1

MikeyDLuffy

Outnumbering irl or virtually is a big pussy move. Even if the lone wolf is capable of defending themselves

• Like 4

MeisterJazz

I never outnumber people since I'm usually alone I don't think it's fair either, though it depends on the person and situations. At best I can take on 3 people at once with hit-and-run tactics since groups usually feel very overconfidently cocky, which is why 7/10 times I destroy em over and over. In all honesty I never allow myself to get in a situation where I'd be outnumbered, trapped or whatever.

The Wandering Hunter

If you don't like it leave or go passive

No f*cks are given

I routinely fly around as a group of 3 jets and buzzards (and tanks when one very nobly friend is about)

Hybrid_Punk

If you don't like it leave or go passive

No f*cks are given

I routinely fly around as a group of 3 jets and buzzards (and tanks when one very nobly friend is about)

kRrkfUU.gif?noredirect

Personally, I'm nearly always a lone wolf.

On the rare occasions I'm not, I only really feel comfortable having one person extra over the enemy. Any more and the guilt kicks in.

To be honest, even with two I feel a little iffy, and I definitely welcome them to get a tank/other vehicle to even the odds.

That's kind of what I like about armed vehicles/military vehicles - they let the lone wolves have a chance to even things up.

• Like 3

Sky_Light12

numbers are not always win if they're up aganist a " one man army " ( as it name suggest , a person specialized on curb-stomping multiple people at once , either players or NPCs ) . so for " one man army " , he can get many kills the more the odds stacked aganist them ( depends on the experience , it is possible to curb-stomp 29 players but only if that person has countless of battle experience )

now for " numbers " , they work together as teams . they can pulls out battle tactics ( such as flanking their foes in different direction , cornering a escaping victims , serve as distraction , spreading out to prevent the jets kill more of them , so on ) . the drawbacks is the amount of trust on each members has ( it might be bunch of hotheads or rather benevolent to each other ) , experience ( specialty , level & stats ) and arsenal ( from weapons to vehicles )

Edited by Sky_Light12

I quite enjoy being outnumbered and 'ganged-up on'...it can be a fun challenge and occasionally very rewarding. The tears when you get the upper hand and go passive. Beautiful.

• Like 2

I quite enjoy being outnumbered and 'ganged-up on'...it can be a fun challenge and occasionally very rewarding. The tears when you get the upper hand and go passive. Beautiful.

Oh I love it when it goes right lol. But in my experience, it'll only go right if the enemy team isn't up to much (which, thankfully, is often).

numbers are not always win if they're up aganist a " one man army " ( as it name suggest , a person specialized on curb-stomping multiple people at once , either players or NPCs ) . so for " one man army " , he can get many kills the more the odds stacked aganist them ( depends on the experience , it is possible to curb-stomp 29 players but only if that person has countless of battle experience )

now for " numbers " , they work together as teams . they can pulls out battle tactics ( such as flanking their foes in different direction , cornering a escaping victims , serve as distraction , spreading out to prevent the jets kill more of them , so on ) . the drawbacks is the amount of trust on each members has ( it might be bunch of hotheads or rather benevolent to each other ) , experience ( specialty , level & stats ) and arsenal ( from weapons to vehicles )

I generally find I can only win while outnumbered if the other people aren't very good lol. Which does happen a lot, to be fair.

Generally I go for a Savage when it's 2-3 people. Any higher than that, and then in my opinion anything legitimate is fair game (like jets).

El-Gaddafii

I only gang up on griefers. Anybody else that picks a fight with me will get a fair fight. (As long as they're playing fair as well.)

Basically this.

I don't spend much time looking for fights in free-roam - I'm too busy making money, if attacked though I may send my crew after you if I'm busy with something - They on the other hand love free-mode pvp.

• Like 1

I feel good when my friends and I gang up on a busta

I feel to call my friends when I get ganged up on...

I have lost when being ganged up on

I have also won against a team ganging up on me

but I have never lost when in a team against less opponents....so far

edit - it is ok to do whatever you want in freemode battles in fact anything to win is fine as long as you are not cheating or glitching

you can do 10 tanks Vs 1 - it dnt matter - long as its within the rules

Edited by LL Cool L
  • Like 3

Sky_Light12

I generally find I can only win while outnumbered if the other people aren't very good lol. Which does happen a lot, to be fair.

Generally I go for a Savage when it's 2-3 people. Any higher than that, and then in my opinion anything legitimate is fair game (like jets).

my best advice is creating " accident " on the opposing group ( which can damage their trust ) , like by having A kills teamate B or explosive friendly fire

I don't really enjoy ganging up on other players.. Unless they ask for it.

But..i love it went people attack me in numbers. The more the merrier for me. I consider myself a pretty good annoying and confusing player to deal with when im out numbered especially once i slap my ass onto a bike At that point.. as long as im in core of the city i don't care how many players come after me or what they use. Its show time for me.. :D

I go full ninja. They can chase me all they want.. i will only show myself on screen when i know i can kill them or i know they can't kill me. I've got so many hate messages from playing like that when im out numbered. i just assume im doing it right.

Edited by HulioG
  • Like 1

I'm pretty much the lone wolf most of the time. It's fun but annoying when it's 3 or 4 of them, I'm beating all of them, and they call me a p*ssy because I stay on the move, and use cover and roofs. People really expect you to just stand out in the open and let them surround you. Lol.

The way I get into fights is usually just ride around looking for a group ganging up on one person, and I go help the guy that's by himself. Half the time that idiot shoots me in the back while in trying to help him though.

• Like 3

Hey it ain't my fault if you see 6 players in the same crew but still decide to f*ck with one of us.

• Like 4

Hey it ain't my fault if you see 6 players in the same crew but still decide to f*ck with one of us.

It's all love and peace here; not trying to bring anyone down.

On another note, I do generally find that it's the groups of players who are first to sh*t talk, be unsporting, etc. I don't know what it is, maybe there's some psychological reason behind it lol.

But when the odds are stacked against me, I use my beloved Savage/other vehicles. Failing that, I've also been known to rig everywhere with tricks and traps. Also what HulioG said about bikes is good advice too - just being able to disappear down subway stations alone can help.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew
  • Like 2

, I'm beating all of them, and they call me a p*ssy because I stay on the move, and use cover and roofs. People really expect you to just stand out in the open and let them surround you. Lol.

Thats basically a compliment to me.

One the most basic rules of GTA survival is to keep moving. Not stand your ground when you're out numbered.

• Like 2

GhostlySentinel

I always think it's hilarious when somebody sees ten crew members in a lobby, then decides it's a good idea to start some sh*t and calls the crew a bunch of pussies when he gets stomped on. Like, what the f*ck do you expect is going to happen?

i dont really go on a killen spree that often but when i get killed when im trying to do something.. i will do everything to kill them back.

dont care if its 1-2-3 person(s). the whole lobby will suffer

Edited by kuusko

There's a certain crew i know who gang up on players 6 to 1 and then boast how they "f*ck sh*t up". They were bullying players that were rank 100 and below and claim they are are the best. pathetic really.

I only ever play Solo in freemode. I don't hire bodyguards and I've never been part of a crew. I never team up against other players.

I'm usually outnumbered, which is fine. I enjoy taking on an organisation single-handed.The only thing that annoys me about getting outnumbered is if I'm having a 1v1 with a player and they call up a friend or a crew-mate to help them out. Why? If two equal ranks of equal skill are having a fight, why do you need back-up. bunch of pussies. :lol:

I have to say I do find it slightly disgusting when a group of four or five relentlessly go after a single player. Even if I'm the one who's started it, which is usually the case, after about 10-20 minutes I start losing any respect(?) I may have had for any of them.

Using vehicles is fine, just don't grief, even if you are outnumbered.

Edited by Tonguegirl

Also what HulioG said about bikes is good advice too - just being able to disappear down subway stations alone can help.

I feel like the subway is the last resort for me. That would be where i go.. if i need to get away. But when im in attack mode.

I have a bunch set riding patterns i've been using and basically hot lapping for over 2 1/2 years. Most of which turn into traps.. and have little choke points and jumps.

One of my favorites is the one parking garage near the strip club.. I can fill it up with smoke bombs on my way through it.. and leap out the side window.. and ride right back up the stair case in a few seconds. That sh*t confuses the hell out of people. There he is.. whered he go.. wtf? :D

For me.. once people get into vehicles and go after me im in my zone. But i need to annoy people enough on foot to the point that want to chase me.

People on foot are a different game for me and takes me work.. I need to avoid AA, rpgs and mini guns. They like to camp. So for me.. i use the cops and do what i call a block tornado to lure the cops in and confuse them. Once they start to squirm and i have enough cops to soak up the auto aim.. I can pick them off one by one. Hopefully pissing them of enough for them to get a vehicle and start a real high speed show down.

But i love me some 1 vs 1 bike duels. As rare as they are. I live for 1 vs 1 bike duels.. Especially when a cre of bikers come at me.. I pretty much take me time and isolate them all and then break out the battle moves.. It sort of looks like this..lol

Edited by HulioG

Dr WGA Labriskagni

Even being chased can be make you learn an advanced driving technique...

tenpennyisplainevil

It's not necessarily the numbers that bother me, it's the unfair tactics that can be used when hugely outnumbering someone. Stuff like getting three guys closely in front of me at the same time all attacking takes the fun away. That's not a challenge anymore, it just sucks and you'll never kill more than one of them. If it's just a group normally attacking I don't mind the numbers at all. If I'm up against a lone wolf I usually don't want to go at them with more than two guys. If it's a rival VIP in a VIP deathmatch, then I'll go at it with any numbers. But again, I won't use sh*tty tactics in this. For example, I once fought 4 guys in a VIP deathmatch on my own (yes I'm an idiot) and the VIP hid somewhere while I fought and owned his three bodyguards with a 2-3 K/D against two of them and 1.5 against the third, but eventually of course died more than the other VIP because I couldn't get to him without 3 bodyguards constantly pushing me to cover while the VIP was a looooong way off just doing nothing. 4 v 1 is fine, but don't be a little bitch and join your bodguards in the fight.

As for the vehicle grabbing, it's always permitted. It's not the grabbing itself that can be a problem, it's the how. If a guy goes passive and runs to his jet, he's a massive noob. If he kills me and takes the opportunity to get to his jet, however, it's all good. Just don't use sh*tty tactics to get to your vehicle and it's alright. If he wants to take the fight to the skies then that's fine. It'd be stupid to forbid vehicles as a whole. They exist for a reason and should be able to be used. Just don't go passive because it shows you're a huge noob. Abuse of passive is a big no for me. Passive is a measure to avoid a fight and mind your own business, not to get the upper hand in a fight. Seriously the most cowardly thing one could do in GTAO.

• Like 3

Good question.

Personally I find I'm more effective when I'm alone so I don't mind being ganged up on but if my friends all start picking on someone (usually a griefer willing to take a beating anyways) I just sit back and do some peacekeeping, I'll just keep an eye on the lonewolf and act as a distraction but only fire if he fires at me first, or if he actually winning and my friends are crying in our chat.

When I'm alone I get a sense of satisfaction from being chased around by a group of players more than just 1v1. Usually they're all trying to coordinate some silly plan while I'm picking them off over and over, same applies when I'm in a large group, being lone wolf has many advantages ...so I don't see a problem with ganging up on players, they can always go passive, or heaven forbid, turn on their damn mic and just join our group.

I really hate freeroam spawn battles though, seems pointless ...and the cops :/

I'd much rather do that in a death match to make some money & RP and actually know the score at the end of the battle. I had enough of endless freeroam spawn battles back in GTA4. The VIP changed that a bit but not enough to keep me in freeroam for long just killing randoms, that's not really my thing.

• Like 3

I don't think there is a real straight up 'yes-no' answer, but in free roam battles just about anything goes IMO. I've been bum rushed before, and have ganged up on people as well. I see nothing wrong with taking any tactical advantage (apart from modding or glitching) one can get to not only even up the fight but to make it lobsided in your favor.

Audi_893.gif

during our pbmo bbqs we regularly hang out in public sessions in numbers that range from 5-15.

someone always tries to start sh*t with us.

I never ever feel bad.

ever.

• Like 3