2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Can Rockstar stop giving determinant deaths to established characters?

DCX

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new here. I really enjoyed 5 even though lots don't, a big issue I had was the option to kill characters though. For example: Packie, U.L, Terry and Clay. I enjoyed all of these characters as they had a special feel and weren't boring. But due to the option to kill these characters they will never be in anymore games. Packie could of easily been in 6 and etc, but because of a small amount (I assume) of players that took him to Altruist it would be very hard to ever incorporate him in future titles.

In conclusion, I'd have no problem if any of these characters got mandatory killed and written off but none of them did. You could kill them or not which is lazy. So that's just my little rant. Do you guys agree?

• Like 1

The killing of Johnny Klebitz was the biggest mistake rockstar made.

I disagree, but that's opinion based, obviously.

Dangerous and sad

It's not his death that annoys us. It's how he died and for a lot of people who did it also.

Packie and UL can die, but that scenario is not necessarily cannon. Packie can potentially end up with a very large bank balance.

Generally characters who might have died don't show up again, but R* can do what they like.

• Like 2

MyName'sJeff

No, they can do whatever they want. Stay mad.

• Like 4

FranklinsIron

It's gonna be funny when Johnny returns, Fit and healthy, disappeared to get back on his feet before becoming the worst antagonist ever in the next SP DLC..

Like, you glassed him, he's ko high on meth, come back to trailer he's gone and no trace. He ain't dead, he just got f*cked UP!

Jerking For Soup

It's gonna be funny when Johnny returns, Fit and healthy, disappeared to get back on his feet before becoming the worst antagonist ever in the next SP DLC..

Like, you glassed him, he's ko high on meth, come back to trailer he's gone and no trace. He ain't dead, he just got f*cked UP!

Johnny should come back as a protagonist in the story mode DLC.

Trevor was the epitome of how most people played GTA, and Retarded Johnny with half his brain missing has the average IQ of somebody who wants Johnny back.

• Like 2

oCrapaCreeper

I'm pretty sure he's dead.

At least, I had made sure when I ran over his corpse multiple times with Trevor's truck and then threw a molotov over him.

Maibatsu545

It's not so much that John died that I take issue with, it's just that the scene was so horribly written. All of the returning characters act completely OUT of character that it may as well have been different ones. I don't mind them killing off returning characters but for f*cks sake that scene was trash. It was basically the writers taking a massive dump on the story. It just comes off at a cheap attempt at making Trevor seem like a "badass". They had 5 years to write this script and it turned out garbage. Johnny would've made a much better antagonist for Trevor than sh*tty antagonist Wei Cheng who we barely see the entire story except for when its convenient to the plot for him to appear.

• Like 6

Yeah it's all about how it's handled.

Rockstar killed Johnny like "GTA IV IS OVER NOW. F*CK THE PAST. NEW GAME, NEW CHARACTERS. GET OVER IT."

And it just wasn't necessary. Not like that at least. They surely could've done a much better job of handling Johnny's reintroduction to GTA, his plotline and eventual death (exit) from the series .I understand they wanted to build Trevor up...immediately, but they could've put more thought into building him up without tearing another character down.

I really don't want a situation where established characters are virtually invincible or become overused to the point that they become a creative crutch. But if death is to be occur, please write a story that gives that character a "proper" portrayal. Flesh it out a little bit.

Edited by ikaR3CON
  • Like 2

KgQS6by.jpg?1

Maibatsu545

Yeah it's all about how it's handled.

Rockstar killed Johnny like "GTA IV IS OVER NOW. F*CK THE PAST. NEW GAME, NEW CHARACTERS. GET OVER IT."

And it just wasn't necessary. Not like that at least. They surely could've done a much better job of handling Johnny's reintroduction to GTA, his plotline and eventual death (exit) from the series .I understand they wanted to build Trevor up...immediately, but they could've put more thought into building him up without tearing another character down.

I really don't want a situation where established characters are virtually invincible or become overused to the point that they become a creative crutch. But if death is to be occur, please write a story that gives that character a "proper" portrayal. Flesh it out a little bit.

"Creative crutch" is exactly the right term. They wanted a quick an easy way to establish a character as strong and powerful, so they take an already established and fleshed out character and kill him in order to give Trevor gravitas. It just comes off as tacky. And I'm not even a huge fan of TLAD (f*ck if I'll ever play again it now...what's the point? You just know the main character and the entire gang are going to be wiped out by some random methhead from Canada. Makes the entire story progress pointless. Way to go R*!)

Is it their game and they can do whatever the f*ck the want? Sure, they can. But that doesn't make it impervious to criticism. They can put whatever garbage story they want in their games. Doesn't make it not garbage.

• Like 3

Packie will respawn no matter what even after you deliver him to the Altruists or if you decide to kill them.

My only conclusion is that Packie's survival is canon.

The Dedito Gae

Johnny was a huge missed chance, he would had been a really great antagonist, more bitter and crazy since we last saw him, like Billy Grey.

• Like 4

Sorry if there was confusion. I was talking about characters that are now determinant and not fully deceased. Johnny is dead, that's a giving. You could of let Terry, Clay, U.L and Packie live in your game, but they can no longer be characters in future games.

• 1 month later...
Mr_Goldcard

It's not so much that John died that I take issue with, it's just that the scene was so horribly written. All of the returning characters act completely OUT of character that it may as well have been different ones. I don't mind them killing off returning characters but for f*cks sake that scene was trash. It was basically the writers taking a massive dump on the story. It just comes off at a cheap attempt at making Trevor seem like a "badass". They had 5 years to write this script and it turned out garbage. Johnny would've made a much better antagonist for Trevor than sh*tty antagonist Wei Cheng who we barely see the entire story except for when its convenient to the plot for him to appear.

How is it that a GTA fan has better f*cking ideas than the f*cking writers of Rockstar Games??

How is it that a GTA fan has better f*cking ideas than the f*cking writers of Rockstar Games??

capitalism

universetwisters

No, Johnny got what he had coming after doing all those dirty favors.

Till my wish of seeing Niko Bellic dying in such a manner that makes Johnny's killing vastly inferior in comparison gets finally fulfilled, Rockstar should not stop giving determinant deaths.

this universum should provide new characters, all the time.

different story

different perspective

dont tie them altogether

• Like 1

DrunkGamer

this universum should provide new characters, all the time.

different story

different perspective

dont tie them altogether

but the 3D era games did this as well.