1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

thafablifee46

Should GTA next go back in time or keep it modern?

What era should the next game be set in?  

808 members have voted

1. 1. What era should the next game be set in?

• 50's or earlier
    • 60's
    • 70's
    • 80's
    • 90's
    • 00's
    • Modern times
    • Future

Zello

I really hate this "covered" thing. Just because some game (even GTA itself) done it once it doesn't mean that new game with better technology can't be set in the same time period (and even the same theme).

20s and 30s aren't "covered". We only have awful The Godfather and not-so-open-world Mafia 1 with little stuff to do outside the story, with made up city and with poor draw distance.

Mafia 3 only "covers" New Orleans and only in 1968. Using that logic of "covering", Mafia 3 shouldn't be what it is because of "2 GTA London games already covered that era".

Not only that those games were released very long ago and people might not have access to them unless they play on PC. I remember a while back trying to find a copy of the Godfather 2 on 360 it was pretty damn hard.

Edited by Zello

Official General

I really hate this "covered" thing. Just because some game (even GTA itself) done it once it doesn't mean that new game with better technology can't be set in the same time period (and even the same theme).

20s and 30s aren't "covered". We only have awful The Godfather and not-so-open-world Mafia 1 with little stuff to do outside the story, with made up city and with poor draw distance.

Mafia 3 only "covers" New Orleans and only in 1968. Using that logic of "covering", Mafia 3 shouldn't be what it is because of "2 GTA London games already covered that era".

Whether you like it or not, is not relevant to me, it's simply your personal choice. To me what matters is that the covered thing makes sense, and it's just my personal view on what era I would like to see the next GTA set within.

Ok, so you tell me what would be the point of releasing a 1960s GTA set in New Orleans around the same time as Mafia III ? Two games of the same genre and same theme released near each other's. Go on, I'd like to see what logical counter argument you come with.

As for other eras like the 80s and 90s, GTA itself actually did cover them, so if they go back again, it's just gonna feel like rehashed stuff all over again, making the progression of the series feel stale and stagnant.

Sunrise Driver
As for other eras like the 80s and 90s, GTA itself actually did cover them, so if they go back again, it's just gonna feel like rehashed stuff all over again, making the progression of the series feel stale and stagnant.

It's gonna feel awesome again. Even if they reuse Vice City from GTA VC for the 3rd time, it's still gonna kick ass.

But they won't use it. R* will re-imagine Vice CIty on RAGE 2.0 for PS4 and it's gonna be very different.

Look at GTA 3, GTA Advance, GTA 4 and GTA CW. All 4 are set in 2000s and even in the same city but they all are very different at vibe, gameplay, theme, plot. Liberty City and 2000s don't feel rehashed and stale in any of these games. Same gonna be with 6th gen and 8th gen (9th gen) VC games.

Edited by Street Mix

Triple Vacuum Seal

Though I don't want the setting to go back in time, this is so true. Some people are saying the modern era has been done already in IV and V, so it's logically time to either go forward, or back. There is so much to explore regardless of the time period. However, specific themes can definitely be exhausted.

Many years from now when the developmental resources permit doing so, R* should consider using the same map in two different time periods. For instance, it would start 20-30 years in the past before a long prison sentence that fast-forwards to modern day. That would be very consistent with the recurring "starting from scratch" plot device that we have seen in the series.

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal

Uncle Vlad

I´m still hoping for a GTA set in San Fierro in the 70s. Probably won´t happen, but one can dream.

SilentKillaXD

I want it present.

If your in the past all your favorite cars will be gone except for old cars

If it is in the 40's then make it L.A Noire 2

Sunrise Driver
Ok, so you tell me what would be the point of releasing a 1960s GTA set in New Orleans around the same time as Mafia III ? Two games of the same genre and same theme released near each other's. Go on, I'd like to see what logical counter argument you come with.

Nobody wants new GTA released this october with 1966 New Orleans setting and mixed race character fighting against italian mafia. People want to re-visit the city and theme last seen 10 years ago (PS2 times) on RAGE.

But even if R* pulled 1960s NO so what? Rockstar's vision would be very different from Hangar 13's vision and we'd have 1 extra great game.

10 years ago we had 2 Miami games in October and it was very OK. They had similar setting, theme, music and time frame but were different at gameplay. People enjoyed both and nobody complained.

Journey_95

I´m still hoping for a GTA set in San Fierro in the 70s. Probably won´t happen, but one can dream.

Maybe it can be a spin off? I don't think they would go back in the past for the main series though, that would be too much of a change.

But I agree a GTA set in SF in the 70's would be great, they already explored the 80's and 90's. Thats the only era missing (anything before that and it would be too old for GTA)

Edited by Journey_95

Official General

Nobody wants new GTA released this october with 1966 New Orleans setting and mixed race character fighting against italian mafia. People want to re-visit the city and theme last seen 10 years ago (PS2 times) on RAGE.

But even if R* pulled 1960s NO so what? Rockstar's vision would be very different from Hangar 13's vision and we'd have 1 extra great game.

10 years ago we had 2 Miami games in October and it was very OK. They had similar setting, theme, music and time frame but were different at gameplay. People enjoyed both and nobody complained.

VC Stories and Scarface the game both came out around the same time, but the situation is different. VC Stories was not really a major GTA title like the original VC itself was - and it came out on the f*cking PSP first, so which home console owner would have complained about that ? VC Stories was received well enough, but it just was not big enough a GTA title at the time to garner any kind of major hype and excitement. So therefore, nobody really cared. There is no way the original VC and Scarface would have been released in the same time period, simply because they are of the same genre, setting and era, which was the 80s, they would have directly clashed commercially so bad that it would have been so pointless and illogical - and you know it. One of the two games would have commercially suffered bad if that had happened.

So stop talking bullsh*t, you have not thought out your argument properly.

makoy

Why can't they set it somewhere other than the united states ? Sleepings dogs was really good, it was very well done. Why not something like that ?

Official General

Why can't they set it somewhere other than the united states ? Sleepings dogs was really good, it was very well done. Why not something like that ?

Simply because of the way GTA is made, it's thematic content, and what gives it its own distinct identity, it's all to do with all things American and in American society. That's the formula that has given rise the series's huge success and popularity.

Without that formula, GTA just wouldn't really work, it would lose its acquired, distinct identity and trademark that made it so successful, and it will almost certainly be doomed to fail. Besides non-American settings are just not suited to a game like GTA.

Sleeping Dogs is good, but it's not GTA. GTA is the top game in its genre, it has no need to follow suit to a lesser competitor. If you want a foreign setting so bad, then play Sleeping Dog, or even Yakuza. You don't have to stick to GTA, so I don't get why you feel like you're forced to.

Fuzzknuckles

Without that formula, GTA just wouldn't really work, it would lose its acquired, distinct identity and trademark that made it so successful, and it will almost certainly be doomed to fail. Besides non-American settings are just not suited to a game like GTA.

I have to disagree with that last part and say, yet again, that London is the only city outside the US where GTA could definitely work. It has the crime, it has the corruption, it has the sleazy nightlife, it has the drugs, the cars, it has most criminal organisations represented to some level or another, interesting blends of architecture, densely packed in streets, tight alleys... everything about London plays perfectly into the GTA world. There's so much that could be done with London.

One of the most welcome changes a GTA set in London could bring is the escape from America's sh*tty grid system for laying out cities. 90 degree turns everywhere. London has a bizarre, crazy layout. The small section of London that was in the Getaway games was far more interesting to me as a "driving player" than most GTA games have offered, and certainly more interesting than many of GTA's copy cat contemporaries have offered. Watch Dogs suffered the same problems in city layout as GTA games, as once again, it relied on a horrible grid layout. The narrow backstreets and alleys of London are perfect for subtly hidden S&F encounters and random encounters.

There's just so much they could do with London, and they wouldn't necessarily have the same issues with the signage and branding around the city that work so well for the US settings.

And to steer this back towards the topic, London in ANY era since the early 60s would work. It's always been a bustling, vibrant city with tons going on. Continuing to ignore it is a f*cking crime, Rockstar.

VOTE LONDON.

Acacia

I'd like to see Grand Theft Auto go back to the 90s, San Andreas in my own opinion one of the best games Rockstar has ever produced under the GTA franchise. It'd be very interesting to see Rockstar go back to the 90s with a new and improve game engine.

UAL

I have to disagree with that last part and say, yet again, that London is the only city outside the US where GTA could definitely work. It has the crime, it has the corruption, it has the sleazy nightlife, it has the drugs, the cars, it has most criminal organisations represented to some level or another, interesting blends of architecture, densely packed in streets, tight alleys... everything about London plays perfectly into the GTA world. There's so much that could be done with London.

One of the most welcome changes a GTA set in London could bring is the escape from America's sh*tty grid system for laying out cities. 90 degree turns everywhere. London has a bizarre, crazy layout. The small section of London that was in the Getaway games was far more interesting to me as a "driving player" than most GTA games have offered, and certainly more interesting than many of GTA's copy cat contemporaries have offered. Watch Dogs suffered the same problems in city layout as GTA games, as once again, it relied on a horrible grid layout. The narrow backstreets and alleys of London are perfect for subtly hidden S&F encounters and random encounters.

There's just so much they could do with London, and they wouldn't necessarily have the same issues with the signage and branding around the city that work so well for the US settings.

And to steer this back towards the topic, London in ANY era since the early 60s would work. It's always been a bustling, vibrant city with tons going on. Continuing to ignore it is a f*cking crime, Rockstar.

VOTE LONDON.

I agree with both of you, obviously I'd like to see a GTA rendition of London as I live here, so thats always gonna be cool. Funny enough theres actually a fictional UK location on Niko's CV in IV called Bulford which is obviously a minor thing but who knows could be a potential future location. It's also interesting to note that on the CV it also says he studied at the Vespucci University. Obviously back then we was oblivious to that location but it turned out to be a location in Los Santos. I think if we're talking international cities outside of the US then London would defo be one of the most likely.

But on the other hand, taking it out of america for a FULL game would be a tad strange. Obviously theres a lot of crime that happens here but I'm not sure it would be suited to a FULL GTA game. The gang stuff that happens here isn't internationally known either, you're only really going to know about it if you live here....and although there are shootings/gun crime it's not as big as an epidemic as it is in America, and guns play a huge part of GTA so I'm not sure how that would work. My thing is if they decided to set a GTA in London they'd do some generic east end gangster bullsh*t thing, those days are long long gone.

Ultimatley I think the best case scenario would be a London based DLC rather than a full game.

Edited by UAL

Fuzzknuckles

The gang stuff that happens here isn't internationally known either, you're only really going to know about it if you live here....and although there are shootings/gun crime it's not as big as an epidemic as it is in America, and guns play a huge part of GTA so I'm not sure how that would work. My thing is if they decided to set a GTA in London they'd do some generic east end gangster bullsh*t thing, those days are long long gone.

Ultimatley I think the best case scenario would be a London based DLC rather than a full game.

This is why I think a GTA, set in London, would potentially work best in a 60s setting, or possibly 70s (though I think a 70s LC would be f*cking amazing.)

Let's not forget that one of the biggest heists of all time, the Great Train robbery, happened in the UK in the 60s (1963, history fans.) In the 1960s, the Kray twins became the first celebrity gangsters, transcending from the underworld into public consciousness with an utterly abhorrent, violent trail of destruction and crime behind them. The 60s saw a massive acceleration of crime, with rates rising fast. Criminality, really, had a new lease of life, as it were. Thugs and goons were rife, violence and tensions were high. It was probably an awful time to be alive in London if you weren't ripped to the tits on cheap LSD.

Besides the criminal potential for London in that era, there was a wealth of music and movies that changed both mediums forever. Culture, celebrity, crime, these all became more like what we know today than they had ever been in the 50s. Everything changed. For the UK, it was really the first time, post WWII, that people had money, so they were splashing out on cool cars, high fashion, crazy mind bending drugs and London was right at the centre of all of this. From the vibrant yet sleazy SoHo to the bohemia of Camden, to the gangland hell of the East End.

There's so much potential, it could easily fill a whole game. It's an iconic time for an iconic city. The more I think about it, the more I want this to happen.

UAL

The gang stuff that happens here isn't internationally known either, you're only really going to know about it if you live here....and although there are shootings/gun crime it's not as big as an epidemic as it is in America, and guns play a huge part of GTA so I'm not sure how that would work. My thing is if they decided to set a GTA in London they'd do some generic east end gangster bullsh*t thing, those days are long long gone.

This is why I think a GTA, set in London, would potentially work best in a 60s setting, or possibly 70s (though I think a 70s LC would be f*cking amazing.)

Let's not forget that one of the biggest heists of all time, the Great Train robbery, happened in the UK in the 60s (1963, history fans.) In the 1960s, the Kray twins became the first celebrity gangsters, transcending from the underworld into public consciousness with an utterly abhorrent, violent trail of destruction and crime behind them. The 60s saw a massive acceleration of crime, with rates rising fast. Criminality, really, had a new lease of life, as it were. Thugs and goons were rife, violence and tensions were high. It was probably an awful time to be alive in London if you weren't ripped to the tits on cheap LSD.

Besides the criminal potential for London in that era, there was a wealth of music and movies that changed both mediums forever. Culture, celebrity, crime, these all became more like what we know today than they had ever been in the 50s. Everything changed. For the UK, it was really the first time, post WWII, that people had money, so they were splashing out on cool cars, high fashion, crazy mind bending drugs and London was right at the centre of all of this. From the vibrant yet sleazy SoHo to the bohemia of Camden, to the gangland hell of the East End.

There's so much potential, it could easily fill a whole game. It's an iconic time for an iconic city. The more I think about it, the more I want this to happen.

But all that East End gangster/kray twins stuff has been done before, it's just too generic for it to be interesting. If they set it in London modern times would be the best case IMO. If we're talking a past setting I'd like to see it in the 80's around the times of the Broadwater Farm riots in Tottenham or the early 00's circa 02-04 (02 had the highest number of murders recorded in London I believe) when Grime first started coming about, those times there was when places like Harlesden, Tottenham, Hackney, Peckham, Brixton, Stonebridge etc. were genuinely dangerous places to be.

HaythamKenway

Well, they could always set it in present, but just overemphasize the crime, style it after a decade past. Just like they did with Liberty City in IV, which just transplanted New York of the 70's/80's to the modern day.

I think London could work really well for a GTA. The British pop culture is just as much of a global mainstream as American and the general audience should be familiar with the country's history too. It's a solid, familiar basis, with plenty of opportunities for general satire, that still allows a wider exploration of European culture, politics and quirks. There are no extra hoops to jump through, no language barrier or alien, "unrelatable" factors that could be in a Paris, Moscow or Berlin setting.

Zello

I'd like to see Grand Theft Auto go back to the 90s, San Andreas in my own opinion one of the best games Rockstar has ever produced under the GTA franchise. It'd be very interesting to see Rockstar go back to the 90s with a new and improve game engine.

Yeah the 90s would be awesome If they ever go back to the 90's I want to see 90's NYC sure we had LCS but I want to see it in HD graphics

Mac Tonight

60's would be pretty cool, with the rise of the drug trade, the Vietnam war racial tensions, etc. Also the cars would be f*cking awesome. I mean, you can't tell me that you DON'T want to drive around in a '69 Fastback in the streets of San Francisco. Also a mission that features a similar chase to Bullitt would be cool. I should stop before I get too hyped. I want Mafia III in my hands so badly right now.

80's would be a great setting, considering the next game is most likely to be set in Vice City (It only makes sense, so we have all 3 main locations in the HD universe) and nothing screams 80's more than organized crime in Miami. With the new tech of today it would be so cool to see GTA V's amount of detail (Or greater even) applied to Miami and surrounding areas. My god, the Everglades would be so great to be seen in GTA. Set some backwoods Cajun gang out there with airboats and gators and we'd be all set.

I really don't want a modern GTA again. Like, I REALLY don't. It would just be another game where all it is, is "Hey look at all of this witty social commentary guys! Aren't we so hip and cool?!". IV and V already did the modern day, let's do something else.

Also, f*ck Rockstar and the horse they rode in on if they sh*t out a futuristic GTA. Remember what happened when CoD took on the future? Yeah, let's not do that,

evd

60's would be pretty cool, with the rise of the drug trade, the Vietnam war racial tensions, etc. Also the cars would be f*cking awesome. I mean, you can't tell me that you DON'T want to drive around in a '69 Fastback in the streets of San Francisco. Also a mission that features a similar chase to Bullitt would be cool. I should stop before I get too hyped. I want Mafia III in my hands so badly right now.

80's would be a great setting, considering the next game is most likely to be set in Vice City (It only makes sense, so we have all 3 main locations in the HD universe) and nothing screams 80's more than organized crime in Miami. With the new tech of today it would be so cool to see GTA V's amount of detail (Or greater even) applied to Miami and surrounding areas. My god, the Everglades would be so great to be seen in GTA. Set some backwoods Cajun gang out there with airboats and gators and we'd be all set.

I really don't want a modern GTA again. Like, I REALLY don't. It would just be another game where all it is, is "Hey look at all of this witty social commentary guys! Aren't we so hip and cool?!". IV and V already did the modern day, let's do something else.

Also, f*ck Rockstar and the horse they rode in on if they sh*t out a futuristic GTA. Remember what happened when CoD took on the future? Yeah, let's not do that,

1. We have Roosevelt in online, car argument for 60s is invalid.

2. 80s were done, beside cars, music, clothes, what do You need? Neons? Everything still exsists.

3. It doesnt matter what you dont like. Social commentary is something that for me wasnt ever the core. The core is freedom. Not some jokes. The freedom is here, online is the most complex open world crime based game in the series, yet you're trying to find a hole in the whole.

4. Have you been playing in something else that isnt gta or CoD? Read Neuromancer, and after that try to say its like COD. Just try.

Edited by evd

Fuzzknuckles

But all that East End gangster/kray twins stuff has been done before, it's just too generic for it to be interesting.

In a game? I don't recall a game, other than GTA: London and The Getaway that has addressed UK gang land/criminal stuff, certainly not set in the 60s. Please, tell me more as I'm genuinely interested to see this game.

What's generic about it, when compared to, say, the very-well covered gangs of LA that have already been featured in several games (including 2 GTAs, and of course, the Saints Row franchise touching on similar themes in the old days)? We have tons of Mafia games, and that's as generic as it gets.

The "gangs" of East London in the 00s are about as dull as can be - rowdy boys arguing over sh*t territory and knifing each other over nothing. That's the more generic of the two, I'd say, and there's hardly any recognisable elements of any of the gangs that could be focused into interesting characters.

9i OTD

I'd be interested in a 70's entry or a mid-90's one.

Mac Tonight

1. We have Roosevelt in online, car argument for 60s is invalid.

2. 80s were done, beside cars, music, clothes, what do You need? Neons? Everything still exsists.

3. It doesnt matter what you dont like. Social commentary is something that for me wasnt ever the core. The core is freedom. Not some jokes. The freedom is here, online is the most complex open world crime based game in the series, yet you're trying to find a hole in the whole.

4. Have you been playing in something else that isnt gta or CoD? Read Neuromancer, and after that try to say its like COD. Just try.

You seem to be mad, friend. Remember, sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you. Since you were angry enough to make a numbered list, I will answer the same way.

1. One car added to a multiplayer mode means that we can't have a game with a different era of automobiles? Also 60s? Try 20s, genius.

2. So once a setting is already done, it can't be revisited. Even considering that the new hardware and expanded capabilities of modern technology can add a new perspective to the same setting, a game already did it years and years back so it's out of the option? Modern era has been done too, twice actually.

3. It's true that it doesn't matter what I like and don't like, and it also doesn't matter what you or anyone else likes and dislikes. But this is a forum topic asking for our OPINION on what time period the next game should be set in. I stated my opinion and added to the discussion. You stating what matters and what doesn't, well, doesn't matter. That's not the point.

3.5 I never said anything about Online or its complexity. I was saying that we've already seen two consecutive games based on the same (general) time period, and it would be nice for a diversion. You just pulled Online out of thin air to make up for your lack of a counter statement.

4. Of course. But considering you don't know what sarcasm or humor is, I have to ask if you have been to school. And what does a book from the 80s tell me about GTA?

Try to not take all things 100% seriously, especially on the internet. It will save you lots of money in butthurt cream.

Edited by Mac Tonight

evd

sorry for doing a list, its easier for me, since I'm Polish, and in fact, I cant argue with You on expert linguistic level. I'll keep it that way, or we can switch to a polish thread, If You like ;)

1. One car is just a proof, that You dont need whole new game, to ride it. Car Collectors have their automobiles taken care of, they're fully functioning. You used specifacally only the car argument here, so I dont bother to think about the rest.

3. You used some kind of sarcasm for "social commentary", as it would be the only thing that IV and V presented as a new feature and done it badly. I dont know if You have played them, but there're a bit of other new things too, which pushed the franchise forward and gave You all the diversity in gameplay You need.

4. I think You dont know what sarcasm is, so You answer it. Maybe try to read this book to learn hwo its different from Cod?

Thanks for an advice, but I dont take people seriously in a bit when they come with CoD when talking about future ;) (its more like babysitting a handicap, trying to realise someone that future isnt only about 3472 A,D,)

Clxbsport

I don't know if anyone covered this as I skipped to the last page, but what about in a similar style to Driver: Parallel Lines? Half of the game was set in the '70s and the next half on present day. It would be interesting to see 2 variations of the same city.

But then, there's that nightmare for the modding community (if the next game is still moddable).

Official General

VOTE LONDON.

I agree with you and I do believe that the only city outside of America that would work in GTA is London. And most definitely, London has many of the qualities and attributes required for a GTA location and setting. However.....

Note that I said, "many qualities", not all the qualities required for a GTA setting. Saying this as a Londoner myself, as much as it would be great for GTA to be set in London, I just don't think London had the key elements about it to make it suits to GTA. For one, London has a very low crime rate, especially to do with gun crime, you can't realistically associate London with the regular, constant use of guns and constant shootings in a GTA city, but in American city is perfectly suited to this for obvious reasons to do with American gun ownership culture (legal or illegal). Yes, London indeed has it's own mafias, gangs, thriving underworld, and gun crime/shootings happen every so often in the city, but compared to most places in the world, London has very low incidences of all such activity. London is still one of the most safest cities in the world, so safe, that even an average American city three times smaller can boast a much higher rate of murders, shootings, and gun crime. London is a world famous city, so internationally known to the rest of the world, but it is not world renowned or notorious for guns and gangs/mafias, the f*cking London police don't even routinely carry guns for crying out loud ! And most people just don't associated or identify London with all that stuff. So for this important reason, a modern day London for GTA just wouldn't work for me, it would just feel so out of place and too far fetched for me to fully enjoy the experience. On top of that, modern American culture is just much more world known, and relatable due to the massive, dominant influence it has had on popular culture in the world for many decades. Most GTA players outside of the UK are familiar with depictions of American popular culture and not British popular culture, and they won't be able to relate well to playing an environment in a GTA game set in London, and I'd be almost sure as a result, many fans won't like the very drastic change.

As for a London GTA 1960s in the era of the Krays, Richardson etc ? I'm still against the idea. One it was done before as a one-off spin off, ok it was top-down, but my point still stands. Even then, the Krays are not really internationally known or world famous for their mystique and notoriety like the Italian and American Mafia, or the Prohibition gangsters that have been for many years in the media, movies etc. I don't see much GTA players getting excited over a GTA game based on the Krays or similar 1960s London gangsters, most people outside of the UK would be like, "who the f*ck are the Krays?". That theme just don't have the mass appeal for a GTA game centered around it. To many guys in the UK it would be a great idea indeed, but the UK GTA fan base is just a small portion of the global GTA fanbase. Personally I'd find this idea boring, I was never fascinated by the Krays and all that 1960s East End gangster stuff.

But a non-GTA open-world crime game set in London like the Getaway but massively improved and advanced ? Yes indeed, count me in.

Edited by Official General

Zello

If you're going to set a GTA outside of the USA set it in Canada both countries are pretty similar and R* could make fun of all the Canadian stereotypes.

The Chosen Undead

I'd like to see something set in the 80s, seeing that Rockstar is for some reason against giving us 80s themed anything currently.

O.Z

I'd like to see something set in the 80s, seeing that Rockstar is for some reason against giving us 80s themed anything currently.

Nah, keep it modern. Then you can have more choices of which cars to drive - you can have the best of each era.

Modern all the way!

Zello

What can they do with modern day crime though? R* could explore the Mexican cartels but for it to work you'd have to set it in a Mexican border town but I don't see it happening because people only seem to want the same cities LC,VC, and LS over and over again with no new locations or they could try Los Santos again. They tried to do it in V but it sucked.

The Mafia is dead and not relevant anymore

Gangbanging is pretty much over unless it's in Chicago and even then you won't have much of a story. Modern day chicago is just random young people in gangs shooting each other for no reason.

What's left hacking? Watch dogs is pretty much handling that R* could do it but it wouldn't feel like GTA though. Another story focusing on being the government's bitch again? No thanks.

Edited by Zello