Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

thafablifee46

Should GTA next go back in time or keep it modern?

What era should the next game be set in?  

1,203 members have voted

  1. 1. What era should the next game be set in?

    • 50's or earlier
      21
    • 60's
      18
    • 70's
      146
    • 80's
      278
    • 90's
      120
    • 00's
      55
    • Modern times
      528
    • Future
      37


Recommended Posts

ArmenianAssasin77
On 7/16/2020 at 6:20 PM, Kris194 said:

If it works like that then why RDR 2 is set between 1899 - 1907 and not in 2018?

Because RDR2 is a outlaw game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA-Biker

I was bored sitting at home for the past few weeks,so I made a concept GTA game set in the 1979 San Fierro, Las Venturas and the surrounding countryside.Those of you interested in the 70s setting (and those that aren't,maybe it changes your mind),feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

 I'm also thinking about making a similar concept set in the 70s Liberty City,or maybe 80s Vice City and the rest of Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mr  phillips the great

keep it modern

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

 

 

1980's Miami please.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, GTA-Biker said:

 I'm also thinking about making a similar concept set in the 70s Liberty City,or maybe 80s Vice City and the rest of Florida.

When I think of 70s and 80s it simply blows my mind how much potential those 2 decades offer and at the same time they are close enough to each other where Rockstar wouldn't have to scrap almost everything to do those two (RDR 2 style) and every city (whichever Rockstar would do) would be unique and have its own atmosphere.

 

Miami in 1970s - before Mariel boatlift and so on

Miami in 1980s - cocaine boom, Miami drug wars

 

https://flashbak.com/miami-in-the-1970s-and-80s-a-look-at-the-magic-citys-turbulent-years-405023/

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/g29664917/best-miami-1980s-photos/

 

NYC of 70s and 80s

 

https://pl.pinterest.com/thegypsy22/nyc-70s-and-80s/

https://pl.pinterest.com/goaldiggers6126/filthy-new-york-of-the-70s-and-80s/

 

Las Vegas of 70s and 80s

 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/tomsphototrek/las-vegas-70s-80s/

 

San Francisco of 70s and 80s

 

https://pl.pinterest.com/benjaben/san-francisco-1970s/

https://pl.pinterest.com/benjaben/san-francisco-1980s/

 

With all respect to R* and their amazing ability to make fantastic games, I can't imagine anything more bland than 3rd modern GTA in a row. Not to mention, that I live in modern times and I enjoy it but I don't need to emulate my life in game.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 4
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTA-Biker
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kris194 said:

When I think of 70s and 80s it simply blows my mind how much potential those 2 decades offer and at the same time they are close enough to each other where Rockstar wouldn't have to scrap almost everything to do those two (RDR 2 style) and every city (whichever Rockstar would do) would be unique and have its own atmosphere.

 

Miami in 1970s - before Mariel boatlift and so on

Miami in 1980s - cocaine boom, Miami drug wars

 

https://flashbak.com/miami-in-the-1970s-and-80s-a-look-at-the-magic-citys-turbulent-years-405023/

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/g29664917/best-miami-1980s-photos/

 

NYC of 70s and 80s

 

https://pl.pinterest.com/thegypsy22/nyc-70s-and-80s/

https://pl.pinterest.com/goaldiggers6126/filthy-new-york-of-the-70s-and-80s/

 

Las Vegas of 70s and 80s

 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/tomsphototrek/las-vegas-70s-80s/

 

San Francisco of 70s and 80s

 

https://pl.pinterest.com/benjaben/san-francisco-1970s/

https://pl.pinterest.com/benjaben/san-francisco-1980s/

 

With all respect to R* and their amazing ability to make fantastic games, I can't imagine anything more bland than 3rd modern GTA in a row. Not to mention, that I live in modern times and I enjoy it but I don't need to emulate my life in game.

Agreed,both of those decades have a ton of potential to be featured in GTA games,from the classic cars and motorcycles, to weapons that would be available (which are still commonly used and far from obsolete), to the music, to fashion, to memorable events from those times and movies made and/or set in those times that R* can reference, to general atmosphere that you just can't emulate in a game with present setting.I mean,just check out some of these videos:

70s New York

 

1980s New York

 

70s Las Vegas

 

70s San Francisco

 

80s Miami

Seeing as we never had a GTA game set in 70s or 80s Liberty City, 70s Las Venturas or 70s San Fierro,and the last time we saw 80s Vice City was the 3D universe version in GTA VCS back in 2006,any of these settings would be amazing to see,much more interesting than another contemporary setting.

Edited by GTA-Biker
  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheJesus1996

I want the 70s so bad! 

Yes we have the Mafia series but their developers don't have that thing, that magic from R*

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JStarr31

jeez why do you guys want Miami in the 80s sooooo bad.... Miami is even crazier and better today in modern times

 

stop watching TV and actually research the place... take a visit.... do something other than act like Miami's high point was the 80s

On 7/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, Patrizio said:

GPS didn't exist in say, the 80s, but then it didn't in the 1890s, but it doesn't stop RDR2 having something similar. 

My friend... that wasnt GPS or "something similar"....

 

It was a visual aid that portrayed that you had a physical map in RDR and you were drawing lines on the map with your "pen" like ppl did in those times... hence why the "gps" lines looked drawn on.. smh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JStarr31 said:

jeez why do you guys want Miami in the 80s sooooo bad.... Miami is even crazier and better today in modern times

Well what's in Miami today? I am genuinely interested to hear what kind of setting it would be. I think I heard something about the Downtown being really bad but other than that I don't know much about today's Miami. I would be down for a today's setting either ways, I just want to see Vice City done in a new generation, don't particularly care if it is in the 80s or in the modern age.

Edited by GhettoJesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
12 hours ago, JStarr31 said:

My friend... that wasnt GPS or "something similar"....

 

It was a visual aid that portrayed that you had a physical map in RDR and you were drawing lines on the map with your "pen" like ppl did in those times... hence why the "gps" lines looked drawn on.. smh

I guess you can roleplay it however you want but, I mean, come on. It's a GPS on mute. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patrizio
14 hours ago, JStarr31 said:

My friend... that wasnt GPS or "something similar"....

 

It was a visual aid that portrayed that you had a physical map in RDR and you were drawing lines on the map with your "pen" like ppl did in those times... hence why the "gps" lines looked drawn on.. smh

Err, mateybubble, I think you’re missing the point I was making. My point was that some argue that we need to stay modern as only modern can accommodate certain features. RDR/2 shows that isn’t always the case as features like GPS can be adapted to fit a different era - as you say with a pencil on a map. This could also be done for features. How Rockstar would do it I don’t know, but I’ll leave it to them. So you’re a actually backing up my point. You can unshake your head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.