2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr.Arrow

Leslie Benzies sues TT for $150M in unpaid royalties

D9fred95

So you're basically complaining about overpriced vehicles and manually grinding for money ?, and current GTA Online updates are much better/fun than 2014 updates and they aren't copies of each other, Leslie Bënzies is overrated and his upcoming game is going to sell POORLY.

They are copies of each other essentially. Like I said, you buy a facility and get either a phone call or cutscene consisting of fluff dialogue. Then you source an object, cars, cargo, whatnot or just purchase it bypassing the sourcing. Then you sell it (or wait in the case of Bikers and Gunrunning) in a public lobby full of troll happy players who wreck it because "$2000 is great".

You can't just say his new game is going to sell poorly just based on the fact that he's not with R*. You act like people haven't been able to have a successful game without a large publisher behind them. Indies are more popular than ever after all.

I think you're just angry because you can't afford the overpriced vehicles in the newer updates, because you're bored of manually grinding missions for money, and who cares about boring Adversary modes ?, Public Free Mode is where the real fun is, especially with a headset.

if you were intelligent, you would look into AFK money making methods for Invite Only, for example: Fortified makes $35,000 in 10 minutes while AFK, and Solo Races makes $8,408 in 8 minutes while AFK, and if you want to sell bunker supplies for 210k, just lag yourself out of a Public Room into a Solo Public Room, i can do it in 13 seconds with lag switch software.

To be honest, there's only a handful of items from the recent updates I actually want. Problem is that the vehicles from 2013-14 were much lower priced which sours my perception of the pricing of todays vehicles. Heists may have been released in 2015, but the Hydra had much better pricing. $3 million? That's alright. The inferior Lazer that you could get for free and can't even hover costing $7 million? Absurd. And before it's brought up because I know it's going to be brought up, no I don't want to purchase a Lazer. It's the principle of pricing day one content that high when it's inferior to a cheaper variant.

The "intelligent" way of playing the game is to not play it? Needing to go AFK to do well in a game is a complete failure of game design. If R* was intelligent they'd lower the prices on this nonsense so one doesn't need to pay 300k for simple hydraulics. Doing races for 10 minutes for a pitiful 8k is not appetizing, CM's give out more than that. While I'll admit doing Fortified for an easy 35k is good, there's that 30 minute cooldown obstacle and it's still a game design screw up. I mean don't most people play games to... play games? This makes GTAO feel less like a game and more like a job which it pretty much is unless you're like ShadowOperative and just "go with the flow".

I'll agree on one thing though, freeroam is where the real fun is. Providing you actually have vehicles and weapons to play with. I've been in situations where not having something on hand in freeroam essentially destroys the experience, money is everything in GTAO.

Weird Colors
Posted (edited)

They are copies of each other essentially. Like I said, you buy a facility and get either a phone call or cutscene consisting of fluff dialogue. Then you source an object, cars, cargo, whatnot or just purchase it bypassing the sourcing. Then you sell it (or wait in the case of Bikers and Gunrunning) in a public lobby full of troll happy players who wreck it because "$2000 is great".

You can't just say his new game is going to sell poorly just based on the fact that he's not with R*. You act like people haven't been able to have a successful game without a large publisher behind them. Indies are more popular than ever after all

The creator of GTA aka David Jones left R* and released an Open World game called APB, and everyone saw how well that went, aka it FAILED miserably :whistle::lol:http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/5-reasons-why-apb-failed-on-an-epic-scale/

R* still adds new features, vehicles, aircrafts and weapons to updates, and those businesses still count as new non-repetitive content, because they are basically new accessible apartments with new features/things to do, and each business has it's own unique features and interior.

If you don't want to do the AFK methods that i suggested with Fortified and Solo Races, then just lag yourself out of a Public Room into a Solo Public Room with lag switch software or the MTU port method, when doing bunker, import/export etc, then you don't have to deal with trolls annoying you.

I am guessing you missed the part where i said there is a method to reset the Fortified cool-down timer ?, and i won't tell you how to do it anyway, because you don't deserve to know.

Edited by Weird Colors

BlackScout

The creator of GTA aka David Jones left R* and released an Open World game called APB, and everyone saw how well that went, aka it FAILED miserably :whistle::lol:http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/5-reasons-why-apb-failed-on-an-epic-scale/

Reminder that he did not spend years on the company. You can't compare him to Leslie, Leslie's contributions were far more substantial.

Any assumptions, at this moment, about Everywhere are just mere guesses.

You can't predict what it's going to be like if you don't even know exactly what this game is going to be about.

APB was poorly executed.

D9fred95

He literally worked at R* up until GTA2 and he only really made side scrollers and the odd RPG, Leslie was around since GTA 3 up until GTAO and had a major hand in R*'s endeavors within that time. To compare the two is absurd and ridiculous.

If you don't want to do the AFK methods that i suggested with Fortified and Solo Races, then just lag yourself out of a Public Room into a Solo Public Room with lag switch software or the MTU port method, when doing bunker, import/export etc, then you don't have to deal with trolls annoying you.

Still a failure of game design. Yeah it works, but if you need to cheat to have any success then the devs need to rethink their development choices. It's like saying the Javelin Glitch from MW2 was fair because "it takes time to level up normally, I could just do this."

I am guessing you missed the part where i said there is a method to reset the Fortified cool-down timer ?, and i won't tell you how to do it anyway, because you don't deserve to know.

Yeah I missed it, I can admit a screw up. No need for little old you to tell me the strategy, there's only a an entire thread based around it in the Guides and Strategy section.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/899918-fortified-earnings-for-rainy-day-activities/

Weird Colors
Posted (edited)

Reminder that he did not spend years on the company. You can't compare him to Leslie, Leslie's contributions were far more substantial.

Any assumptions, at this moment, about Everywhere are just mere guesses.

You can't predict what it's going to be like if you don't even know exactly what this game is going to be about.

APB was poorly executed.

Whatever illusion makes you feel better about Leslie Bënzies inevitable SINKING SHIP and confirmed FAILED lawsuit. :pirate:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-04-09-former-gta-producer-suffers-setback-in-usd150m-lawsuit-against-take-two

Yeah I missed it, I can admit a screw up. No need for little old you to tell me the strategy, there's only a an entire thread based around it in the Guides and Strategy section

http://gtaforums.com/topic/899918-fortified-earnings-for-rainy-day-activities/

Everyone knows that method for resetting Fortified count-down timer lol, but i know a faster/better method for resetting the count-down timer WITHOUT closing/reopening the game like an idiot, I'll keep it to myself though. :p

Edited by Weird Colors

BlackScout
Posted (edited)

There is no illusion. I am not defending or going against him. Unless you believe that stating facts is equal to picking sides. Honestly, the way things are currently going with Rockstar his absence did not change much.

Also, where did I claim (forget any other posts from like two years ago, I barely knew who he was) that he is the lord and savior of Rockstar?

Until after RDR2 we can't even tell that for sure. Since he was still in the company when RDR2 development started.

Also, didn't the royalties claim not get dismissed?

By the way, why the pirate emote? Just a question.

Edited by BlackScout

gtafaninwest

@Weird Colours what's your Social Club ID and what platform do you play on, you've mentioned numerous cheating the system glitches/methods which is AGAINST Rockstar Games TOCs for GTAO. You should be banned or have your account reset. Surely a loyal fan such as yourself wouldn't mind that though right? :)

These Online children never cease to amaze me. Let them continue giving their money away to Cockstar.

jpm1

according to what The Benz said at his trials, Houser doesn't know a f... in programming (no offense), and The Benz was the real 'dev man' at R*. he (The Benz) told that while Red Dead 1 development was becoming a mess, Houser called The Benz for help, while he wasn't even working on the game. how i see it now? however the trials ends into, The Benz has the money to create his own studio. if someone messes up at R* game design, The Benz takes the 1st place. and you know why, so far R* had been very, very, very lucky that people found the public to solo glitch. R* has the money to hire talented devs, but money can't buy ideas. GTAO right now in its actual shape is not a great game. ok it has good graphics, it has a good engine. but what is the game about, except fleing trolls. i'm still searching for my GTAIV, and didn't find it yet :dozing:. i don't know what happened at R*, when R* fired The Benz during his sabbatical, so i can't judge. but now R* has a serious competitor

Weird Colors
Posted (edited)

according to what The Benz said at his trials, Houser doesn't know a f... in programming (no offense), and The Benz was the real 'dev man' at R*. he (The Benz) told that while Red Dead 1 development was becoming a mess, Houser called The Benz for help, while he wasn't even working on the game. how i see it now? however the trials ends into, The Benz has the money to create his own studio. if someone messes up at R* game design, The Benz takes the 1st place. and you know why, so far R* had been very, very, very lucky that people found the public to solo glitch. R* has the money to hire talented devs, but money can't buy ideas. GTAO right now in its actual shape is not a great game. ok it has good graphics, it has a good engine. but what is the game about, except fleing trolls. i'm still searching for my GTAIV, and didn't find it yet :dozing:. i don't know what happened at R*, when R* fired The Benz during his sabbatical, so i can't judge. but now R* has a serious competitor

it doesn't matter how much money Leslie Bënzies has, because if his game sells poorly (Most Likely), and it isn't as good/fun as GTA Online (Most Likely), then it's irrelevant and it's just a FAILED FAIRY TALE aka another poor mans GTA Clone game.

Leslie Bënzies is just setting himself up for a SINKING SHIP and a FAILED GTA Clone game :pirate: and it didn't work out for the Creator of GTA aka David Jones and his awful APB Open World game after he left R* :lol::whistle:

Hardly anyone knows who Leslie Bënzies is, except a few hardcore GTA fans on a forum, and that isn't going to make his game successful.

Edited by Weird Colors

jpm1

i disagree on all points. if GTAIII was what it was it was because TheBenz was in the boat. TheBenz didn't do GTA series alone, this is a fact. but GTA wouldn't have been the GTA we know without TheMercedesMan. TheBenz was the lead developper of GTA series this is a fact. Driver, and Just cause were GTA likes, and they never ever reached GTA in term of engine/gameplay. Benz didn't make the game engine, but he was the captain of the boat, deciding of were to sail. so personnally, i would wait a bit till Everywhere is out before saying the ship is taking the water

Weird Colors
Posted (edited)

i disagree on all points. if GTAIII was what it was it was because TheBenz was in the boat. TheBenz didn't do GTA series alone, this is a fact. but GTA wouldn't have been the GTA we know without TheMercedesMan. TheBenz was the lead developper of GTA series this is a fact. Driver, and Just cause were GTA likes, and they never ever reached GTA in term of engine/gameplay. Benz didn't make the game engine, but he was the captain of the boat, deciding of were to sail. so personnally, i would wait a bit till Everywhere is out before saying the ship is taking the water

Of course you disagree, because you're just like the other blind Leslie Bënzies Sheep Followers and Bandwagon Jumpers that over-estimate Leslie Bënzies importance, even though he's been long gone from R* since 2014, and GTA Online updates have been doing great without him.

Read this article about Leslie Bënzies, it's a Generous GIFT to make you feel better *sarcasm* :lol:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/04/09/former-rockstar-north-president-leslie-The Benz-hits-snag-in-lawsuit-against-take-two.aspx

Edited by Weird Colors

jpm1

well first even if i wasn't there, they should have send him a letter, before revocating his office pass, don't you think. i mean with all he gave to the company that was the minimum, i think. the lead developper of the 3 first GTA that one after the other broke all the sellings statistics would have deserved at least a small letter, before firing him. then

GTAIII: TheBenz was there. acclaimed by all

GTA Vice: TB was there. breaks all selling records. acclaimed by all

GTA SA: TB was there. breaks all selling records. acclaimed

GTAV: TheBenz was there: excellent engine with nice graphics, and smooth gaming experience (since you own the proper hardware)

GTAO: BenzMan was absent for the most. the only GTA where i feel disappointed. no life sim content, forced PvP, where you spend your time fleing nevrotic kids. i'm convinced that with TB there, all game flaws would have been fixed already

then yeah, we can play fanboys counting flies around :dozing:

Weird Colors
Posted (edited)

well first even if i wasn't there, they should have send him a letter, before revocating his office pass, don't you think. i mean with all he gave to the company that was the minimum, i think. the lead developper of the 3 first GTA that one after the other broke all the sellings statistics would have deserved at least a small letter, before firing him. then

GTAV: TheBenz was there: excellent engine with nice graphics, and smooth gaming experience (since you own the proper hardware)

GTAO: BenzMan was absent for the most. the only GTA where i feel disappointed. no life sim content, forced PvP, where you spend your time fleing nevrotic kids. i'm convinced that with TB there, all game flaws would have been fixed already

GTA Online was heading that direction no matter what, because a lot of people hated how BORING GTA 4 Multiplayer was, due to the LACK of things to do and LESS variety, limited vehicle types, no planes, no bicycles, BORING map that just consisted of BUILDINGS, BUILDINGS, no country side, no vehicle modifications, no vehicle saving online, no apartments, no businesses, no parachutes until GTA TBOGT :dozing:

A LOT of people don't want a repeat of GTA BORE 4 Multiplayer and it's massive LACK of things to do and LESS variety :sui:

Edited by Weird Colors

Ash_735

GTA Online was heading that direction no matter what, because a lot of people hated how BORING GTA 4 Multiplayer was, due to the LACK of things to do and LESS variety, limited vehicle types, no planes, no bicycles, BORING map that just consisted of BUILDINGS, BUILDINGS, no country side, no vehicle modifications, no vehicle saving online, no apartments, no businesses, no parachutes until GTA TBOGT :dozing:

A LOT of people don't want a repeat of GTA BORE 4 Multiplayer and it's massive LACK of things to do and LESS variety :sui:

And yet between those was the brilliant Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer which was fantastic and better than both, only it couldn't be monetised *shrugs*

BLOOD
Posted (edited)

jpm2:"they never ever reached GTA in term of engine/gameplay."

RAGE was created by RAGE Technology Group a division of Rockstar San Diego. And before that Renderware created by Criterion.

Edited by BLOOD

Mr.Kurowski
Posted (edited)

But GTA IV's multiplayer was fun..way more fun than Online. Why? Because it didn't had microtransactions, people didn't cared about "OMG I OWUN CARZ AND APARTMENTS IM A KINGPIN!!!!1111", it had coop missions, a very fun free-roam and many more.

That's my perspective, and oh, don't tell me GTA Online doesn't have flaws because i will not believe you. And btw, since you're defending ROCKSTAR so much, then tell me...WHO IS ROCKSTAR?! To be precisely, there are many more people than just the Houser's. But i guess they brainwashed you pretty well since you're defending a company WICH EARNED BILLIONS off microtransactions and re-selling the game at full price on all platforms they sold on.

Btw, GTA IV is also made by Rockstar..why the hate?

Edited by Mr.Kurowski

jpm1
Posted (edited)

jpm2:"they never ever reached GTA in term of engine/gameplay."

RAGE was created by RAGE Technology Group a division of Rockstar San Diego. And before that Renderware created by Criterion.

can you elaborate this with some article links, thank you

what i'm trying to say since already 3 or 4 posts it's that the V/GTAO you see right now maybe never have seen the daylight without the 280 SL (cool car btw). because all these things you are enumerating need money, lot of money. and you need to sell lot of IV copies

Edited by jpm1

Maibatsu545
Posted (edited)

Of course you disagree, because you're just like the other blind Leslie Bënzies Sheep Followers and Bandwagon Jumpers that over-estimate Leslie Bënzies importance, even though he's been long gone from R* since 2014, and GTA Online updates have been doing great without him.

Read this article about Leslie Bënzies, it's a Generous GIFT to make you feel better *sarcasm* :lol:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/04/09/former-rockstar-north-president-leslie-The Benz-hits-snag-in-lawsuit-against-take-two.aspx

You write like a psychopath. Reminds me of Chrio in a weird way actually. Why do you have such a strange obsession with Leslie? Actually, dont answer that. I dont care to know Im just going to put you on ignore from here on out and call it a day.

Anyhow, have not really been keeping up with this whole debacle, still interested in hearing more about Leslies new game.

Edited by Maibatsu545

BLOOD
Posted (edited)

jpm1: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_Advanced_Game_Engine

"The Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE) is a proprietary game engine developed by RAGE Technology Group, a division of Rockstar Games' Rockstar San Diego studio."

Now next time do a research 😎

Maibatsu: No one is Psychopath. Refrain from any abusive word or else I will report you or anyone that does that. And tbh, the guy is right (just saying).

Edited by BLOOD

D9fred95

And yet between those was the brilliant Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer which was fantastic and better than both, only it couldn't be monetised *shrugs*

RDR multiplayer was great, I stuck with it even when modders temporarily wrecked it. Sad to see what GTAO could've become but never got the chance because R* would rather copy and paste game modes to sell microtransactions.