Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,864 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr.Arrow

Leslie Benzies sues TT for $150M in unpaid royalties

Dee.

This basically explains why R* games take so long to make. They turn up an unplayable mess until The Benz cleans it up

The new red dead might suck :(

Who says it even exists at this point?Most likely does. Only a small team is working on GTAO currently. Might be some dried out soulless static mess that would make V blush

Beastcast this Friday guys. Alex is gonna go down on this :D

Edited by FutoLover

FriendlyFireOFF

This basically explains why R* games take so long to make. They turn up an unplayable mess until The Benz cleans it up

The new red dead might suck :(

Who says it even exists at this point?

Most likely does. Only a small team is working on GTAO currently. Might be some dried out soulless static mess that would make V blush

I don't think I can be as optimistic as you at this point and yes I note your not even been 'that' optimistic :whistle:

ClaudeSpeed1911

4l1BNBM.jpg

MGgames100

So they went fully Cocknami and fired their main guy?

What this company has become? Worthless, toothless whore on the end of alleyway next to EA and Activison. I'm not gonna protect them anymore. I know that we don't know full story and we should stay in the middle, but anyone can see who the real villain is now.

My guess, why he was fired, is that he didn't agree on whole GTA:O concept. 2015 R* feels completly different than 2004 R*. They don't care about the consumer. They care about money. Not gonna play Online anymore. I'm not sure if I'm gonna play SP anymore. Not sure if I'm gonna buy anything from R* or even from T2.

jXAIPNC.jpg

Edited by MGgames100

GSTACK

All i got to say is Rockstar had it coming.

360490.png

Edited by GSTACK

Dee.

Sam Houser sounds so pathetic in that tweet. My god its so shameless. :S

FriendlyFireOFF

What this company has become? Worthless, toothless whore on the end of alleyway next to EA and Activison. I'm not gonna protect them anymore. I know that we don't know full story and we should stay in the middle, but anyone can see who the real villain in now.

My guess, why he was fired, is that he didn't agree on whole GTA:O concept. 2015 R* feels completly different than 2004 R*. They don't care about the consumer. They care about money. Not gonna play Online anymore. I'm not sure if I'm gonna play SP anymore. Not sure if I'm gonna buy anything from R* or even from T2.

jXAIPNC.jpg

Yeh I know what you mean but look around...pretty much everything in this world is fleecing us. One thing to do is not buy a single shark card!

ClaudeSpeed1911

What this company has become? Worthless, toothless whore on the end of alleyway next to EA and Activison. I'm not gonna protect them anymore. I know that we don't know full story and we should stay in the middle, but anyone can see who the real villain in now.

Hopefully the same thing that happened to Kojima happens here.

Retroview1955

We don't know all the facts, but hopefully this wasn't a case of discrimination.

Its possible that The Benz left Rockstar for a bit to do some charity work after buying a church building to revamp. (Assuming you know the story. If you don't stfu!)

Again, we are on the outside looking in, we don't exactly know what happened there.

Everybody's jumping the conclusions like they did when they saw Franklin's voice actor in the motion capture suit on Instagram.

How will this effect GTA and content development? I say 0%. I'm positive they have money set aside for situations like this, provided this is a legitimate claim and wrong doing has been proven on either party.

I was called a hacker in Freemode, because I chose not to use the event aircraft to collect the checkpoints, instead I called in my Hydra. I collected nearly all the checkpoints and somebody said they reported me for hacking. I obviously did not cheat, I just beat the system. Did it piss someone off? Yes it did, so they retaliated on me. Do I get banned just because of a sore loser? No. It has to be proven that I cheated, which I didn't.

Same thing applies here, so relax everybody. You'll get your SP DLC....

Edited by Retroview1955

rlk232

Isn't going to end well for either party to the suit, or any fan of the series. Tragic.

Dee.

In other news: GTAO has generated $500,000,000+ in revenue according to the counter claim

Jesus H. Christ

BenDeR

https://twitter.com/BrendanSinclair/status/719927316466561024

Hilarious tweet describing how pathetic and incapable the housers are without "the benz" lol

https://www.scribd.com/doc/308190056/Leslie-The Benz-v-Take-Two-and-Rockstar-Games

Counter claim by Take 2

He basically saved RDR and helped mold out R* from 2001- present. Gonna be strange without him

And here's the full complaint filled by "The Benz!": https://fr.scribd.com/doc/308210028/The Benz-vs-Rockstar

Thanks to Yan2295 for the heads up.

Edited by BenDeR_

unbid

=something gold=

Hilarious tweet describing how pathetic and incapable the Housers are without "The Benz" lol

OMG that one is f*cking hilarious!

Well, I guess this is it lads and lass. We might never see the glory of the next GTA, RDR, and any future R* Games again. I knew something fishy would came after The Benz left the company.

Jonesizzle

We will definitely see games for R*. The quality of them will be in question, though.

FriendlyFireOFF

Hilarious tweet describing how pathetic and incapable the housers are without "the benz" lol

https://www.scribd.com/doc/308190056/Leslie-The Benz-v-Take-Two-and-Rockstar-Games

Counter claim by Take 2

He basically saved RDR and helped mold out R* from 2001- present. Gonna be strange without him

And here's the full complaint filled by "The Benz!": https://fr.scribd.com/doc/308210028/The Benz-vs-Rockstar

Yeh hopefully someone can summarize that mofo. I'm off for a tearful lunch break........

Cr!minal

Some interesting snippets I got from other website.

Denial of Royalties, Attempted Return, and Ouster
It soon became clear to Mr. The Benz that the “sabbatical” was actually an expulsion – the commencement of Defendants’ campaign to oust Mr. The Benz. By September 2014, Sam Houser had ceased all communications with Mr. The Benz. Mr. The Benz’ company Blackberry was remotely disabled without notice and his company email account was locked, over Mr. The Benz’ objections. Mr. The Benz requested access to the account during the sabbatical, which was wholly rejected.

During Mr. The Benz’ sabbatical, Sam Houser terminated or forced-out some of Mr. The Benz’ key support staff. Mr. The Benz was not consulted about those decisions or any other business decisions during his sabbatical.

During the sabbatical, Mr. The Benz had infrequent contact with Rockstar through Ms. Kolbe. He was not allowed to speak with any other colleagues at Rockstar, and was not allowed access to any data. Long-time colleague Andy Semple refused to meet with him. Mr. The Benz was now completely cut-off, including from colleagues he had worked with for up to twenty years.

While Mr. The Benz was on his sabbatical and through the date of this Complaint, Sam Houser and Dan Houser (through the “Allocation Committee” comprised of the Housers, and one Take-Two representative) awarded themselves at least $93,000,000 in profit sharing distributions derived from the exploitation of GTA 5, and potentially as much as $523,000,000. During that period, Sam Houser awarded Mr. The Benz no shared profits, a violation of the 2009 Royalty Plan, his own fiduciary duty to Mr. The Benz, and the long-standing actual practice of treating the Rockstar Principals identically with respect to royalties. Mr. The Benz also failed to receive quarterly reports describing the “royalty pool” (as was his contractual right, and Take-Two’s contractual obligation, under the 2009 Royalty Plan), until March 2015. He received no notice that any Plan profit shares were distributed to his fellow Rockstar Principals.

Edited by Cr!minal

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Same sh*t happened to my dad once,it's like they just can't recognize how much work some people put in...

RM76

=something gold=

Hilarious tweet describing how pathetic and incapable the Housers are without "The Benz" lol

OMG that one is f*cking hilarious!

Well, I guess this is it lads and lass. We might never see the glory of the next GTA, RDR, and any future R* Games again. I knew something fishy would came after The Benz left the company.

Yup, ditto. Knew some huge clusterf*ck was going to happen,

BRAAAP_STUTUTU

Some interesting snippets I got from other website.

Denial of Royalties, Attempted Return, and Ouster

It soon became clear to Mr. The Benz that the “sabbatical” was actually an expulsion – the commencement of Defendants’ campaign to oust Mr. The Benz. By September 2014, Sam Houser had ceased all communications with Mr. The Benz. Mr. The Benz’ company Blackberry was remotely disabled without notice and his company email account was locked, over Mr. The Benz’ objections. Mr. The Benz requested access to the account during the sabbatical, which was wholly rejected.

During Mr. The Benz’ sabbatical, Sam Houser terminated or forced-out some of Mr. The Benz’ key support staff. Mr. The Benz was not consulted about those decisions or any other business decisions during his sabbatical.

During the sabbatical, Mr. The Benz had infrequent contact with Rockstar through Ms. Kolbe. He was not allowed to speak with any other colleagues at Rockstar, and was not allowed access to any data. Long-time colleague Andy Semple refused to meet with him. Mr. The Benz was now completely cut-off, including from colleagues he had worked with for up to twenty years.

While Mr. The Benz was on his sabbatical and through the date of this Complaint, Sam Houser and Dan Houser (through the “Allocation Committee” comprised of the Housers, and one Take-Two representative) awarded themselves at least $93,000,000 in profit sharing distributions derived from the exploitation of GTA 5, and potentially as much as $523,000,000. During that period, Sam Houser awarded Mr. The Benz no shared profits, a violation of the 2009 Royalty Plan, his own fiduciary duty to Mr. The Benz, and the long-standing actual practice of treating the Rockstar Principals identically with respect to royalties. Mr. The Benz also failed to receive quarterly reports describing the “royalty pool” (as was his contractual right, and Take-Two’s contractual obligation, under the 2009 Royalty Plan), until March 2015. He received no notice that any Plan profit shares were distributed to his fellow Rockstar Principals.

Damn,they just kicked him out so they could get his share of the money,it must be... what a bunch of fcking greedytwats!

Money Over Bullshit

I reckon they'll settle for a smaller amount. $150 million is scandalous amount no matter what the circumstances are.

Piggsy pls

Man I can't get over that Sam Houser tweet. Lmfao

Edited by Piggsy pls

FriendlyFireOFF

what a *******************

:miranda:

Dee.

Counter claim by Take 2

Yeh hopefully someone can summarize that mofo. I'm off for a tearful lunch break........

in october 2009 rdr was a broken static mess and sam houser begs the benz to come clean it up Edited by FutoLover

GSTACK

jXAIPNC.jpg

Many gaming company s are trying to get over. look at Activison, Konami and many more. its ridiculous nowadays which is why i purchase very few games ever since next gen consoles had came out. I'm very picky on games and don't even bother to buy them near there launch days unless i know there from good developers like Naughty Dog (although Last of Us was highly overrated in my opinion).

I spotted Rockstar falling into this same category when they decided to abandon last gen who were responsible for the record breaking sales of this game. But okay lets play along with them saying the hardware is to outdated for further updates HOWEVER they could have at least compensated us a price reduction for those who were previous buyers on last gen so they could get a discount on Next gen GTA V. hell even EA and Activision did that for their FPS shooters BF4 and Ghosts at the time.

FriendlyFireOFF

Counter claim by Take 2

in october 2009 rdr was a broken static mess and sam houser begs the benz to come clean it up

........and that is just the first film in the planned series!

Any how as I've said before I can see this series or the whole of R* being bought by the end of the decade. Sony?

Edited by FriendlyFireOFF

Spider-Vice

So, do you all believe the Glassdoor complaints now? Rockstar is crashing and burning. :)

RM76

So, do you all believe the Glassdoor complaints now? Rockstar is crashing and burning. :)

I did right from the start.

Efreet

Wow! so many things are getting exposed. It seems that Sam has ego problems, at least that's how I see it. I found this snippet interesting:

43.The Houser brothers had little interest in GTA Online, and did not focus on its development, all as reflected in Bugstar.

It puts thing into perspective!

Edited by FiS!!HeR

Dee.

I reckon they'll settle for a smaller amount. $150 million is scandalous amount no matter what the circumstances are.

He was considered to be 1 of the top 3 at R*. He gets paid a sh*tload

Counter claim by Take 2

in october 2009 rdr was a broken static mess and sam houser begs the benz to come clean it up

........and that is just the first film in the planned series!

Any how as I've said before I can see this series or the whole of R* being bought by the end of the decade. Sony?

I dont care who buys them. Without The Benz the games are gonna be ass no doubt.

AUScowboy

And here. We. GO!