1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

The_GTA

@The_Hero

A) some my suggestions:

1) Add possibility to select multiple textures in txd.

2) Add possibility to right-click on .txd file(s) in Windows Explorer(W.E) to choose: MagicTXD ->> Export/Export here/Rebuild/Convert/ ... like Winrar.

3) In Resize function, add "quick resize" (... -3x, -2x, -1.5, 1.5, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x ... compared to original size). (is just to save time)

4) Add preview for the textures (the small images to the right of each textures highlight like in txdworkshop) -> much easier to navigate textures in better view.

5) Add new Theme: Medium theme (or Grey theme, u name it), because I want a better look, not too dark & not too bright.

6) Add possibility to just click on game icon (at bottomright of window) to quickly change mode.

7) More for Drag&Drop: is also used to:

a) Import the textures (by selecting multiple image file(s) in W.E then drag & drop them into an opened txd). In some cases Export/Import with overlapped textures/images will prompt me to choose Replace or Keep both, if I choose Keepboth then will temporarily automatically rename the textures/images.

b) Copy texture(s) from this txd to that txd...

8) Add function to flip textures like in txdworkshop.

9) Add posibility to change background image/color.

--------------

B) Edit & add some hotkeys:

*Alt+A: Save as

*Alt+M: Manipulate

*Ctrl+E: Export

*Ctrl+A: Select all

*F3: Find next

*F4: Show full image

*F1: Help/About...

*Ctrl+1,Ctrl+2,Ctrl+3... for compression DXT1,DXT2,DXT3...

*Alt+F: Flip texture

Are those ok?

Manhunt has a TXD filesize limit which is a big problem

You are wrong here, sir :p.

.TXDs can be any size and are not controlled by toc.txt (which is easily editable anyway). I think Magic.TXD is a problem here (same for TXD Workshop and G-TXD, you need to change game version to VC or crash. ViceTXD works because it saves the file as VC format). Don't take me wrong, but why keep something that is not working? I didn't check PS2 MH .txd yet, so i can't tell you if it works there or not :p.

Isn't The_Hero, is The_GTA. :p

I am an avid fan of aap's RenderWare work so I take it as a compliment. :)

For anything else, there is reason and time, keep it at 'bay'.

​(no strong tension between this feedback reporter and me, rite?)

Edited by The_GTA

Oops!? (O_o|o_O)

Sorry sorry... :p my mistake!

"@The_GTA".....

Edited by Minhkute360

mfw both Germans and have The*** on their username...

T5aLPxU.png

EDIT: Mandela effect intensifies.

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 3

I don't have a _ in my username at all...i don't know where people are getting this from. If we combine our efforts...will we become The GTA Hero? :O

aint u both already The GTA Hero?

• Like 1

Since we are talking about GTA heros in an open source tool thread, do you guys contribute OpenRW? With your knowledge, it would be a shame if you didn't.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Since we are talking about GTA heros in an open source tool thread, do you guys contribute OpenRW? With youк knowledge, it would be a shame if you didn't.

I do with my knowledge and hopefully librw soon.

I have a couple of suggestions.

How about an option to extract a group of TXDs in folders with each of the TXD's name? Let's say we have 3 TXDs, like "player", "peren", "colt45", etc, then use that option to extract the textures from the respective TXDs in 3 folders, each with the extracted TXD name. This would be a pretty useful tool if anybody wanted to edit a ton of textures (like replacing a road texture present in more TXDs) and would cut a ton of time from extracting and organizing textures manually, by making this process automatic.

Also how about an option to make TXDs based on a folder and its images? I think this one is self explanatory, but would also cut a lot of time if there are many textures around.

Oops!? (O_o|o_O)

Sorry sorry... :p my mistake!

"@The_GTA".....

:) kind of you

I have a couple of suggestions.

How about an option to extract a group of TXDs in folders with each of the TXD's name? Let's say we have 3 TXDs, like "player", "peren", "colt45", etc, then use that option to extract the textures from the respective TXDs in 3 folders, each with the extracted TXD name. This would be a pretty useful tool if anybody wanted to edit a ton of textures (like replacing a road texture present in more TXDs) and would cut a ton of time from extracting and organizing textures manually, by making this process automatic.

Also how about an option to make TXDs based on a folder and its images? I think this one is self explanatory, but would also cut a lot of time if there are many textures around.

How to extract multiple TXDs into folders:

source.gif

How to make multiple folders into multiple TXDs:

source.gif

GTAModding documentation

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how to use Magic.TXD for big tasks ^^

NOTE: I understand that you want a special way using the shell extension to do the same task, so you can select TXD files within a folder which has many other TXD files. Noted.

NOTE2: We have received a request for a mass resizing tool in Magic.TXD. It is a planned feature. Fyi, Magic.TXD and magic-rw are open-source and you can write your own TXD resizer for personal use.

(GIF animations created using ScreenToGif (freeware))

Edited by The_GTA
  • Like 2

Tool very good, but still not enough IMG explorer and dff checker how in TXD workshop.

Adding settings of mass import:

A-if have - replace, if not - add

B-only add, if have not replace and no add.

C-only replace, no add new.

And thumb viewer. Thanks.

• Like 1

I would like proper Manhunt texture support, i still need to change game version to Vice City in order to make the .txd actually work (if saved as Manhunt, it crashes the game :( ).

PS. There's a MH2 icon inside Magic.TXD folder, are there any plans?

Doesn´t Manhunt use the same txd Version as SA?

Manhunt uses 3.4 as far i know. TXD Workshop and G-TXD shows SA :p.

OK, must take a look at that, but at least dff version is the same for Manhunt and SA.

Is it possible to implement batch commands?.

I need to pack folders to txds very often.

Using a gui for that only takes extra time.

Or just let me start the massbuilder tool directly and indepently from the rest.

Edited by miclin

Is it possible to implement batch commands?.

I need to pack folders to txds very often.

Using a gui for that only takes extra time.

Or just let me start the massbuilder tool directly and indepently from the rest.

Use Magic.TXD Builder then, that was released just berfore Magic.TXD, it's not compatable with RWTEX files though and really it works best for DDS files so it's meant to be for the more advanced users doing larger projects, you can also set the forced filtering flag in the builder too.

mtxd_builder.png

Hey ash, thats the tool I'm using atm. Problem is that if I open the builded txds in magic.txd I get a raster warning.

Gonna show that warning to you, later in skype, if you dont mind.

There are some irregularities when generating TXD files with Magic.TXD Builder which I want to point out. Nevertheless we support both tools.

7BslFUSm.pnglVjZaqlm.png

GYKfm5mm.pngyRIrAC1m.png

Used build folder: https://www.file-upload.net/download-12324610/buildfolder.zip.html

This is the reason why Magic.TXD outputs the raster format warnings when using Magic.TXD Builder tool.

Remember that Magic.TXD Builder has anisotropy plugin output as well as special DXT5 color model support which Magic.TXD does not which is why I consider it to be a specialized tool for the PC version of GTA:San Andreas.

Note that the different raster format field does not mean that the MGTXD Builder output is invalid. The alpha flag behavior is strange tho.

Edited by The_GTA

Manhunt uses 3.4 as far i know. TXD Workshop and G-TXD shows SA :p.

No, it´s using 3.6.0.3, but the NativeTexture section content is DX8 style. like VC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it was asked but it's a simple question. Is or will be possible to replace only alpha channel?

Trying to extract all the bitmaps from the TXD's for nearly a week using TXD Workshop and this done it in seconds. I cannot thank you guys enough for this one, a real life saver!! :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Maybe it was asked but it's a simple question. Is or will be possible to replace only alpha channel?

Considering that requires the image to be re-compressed due to alteration, it's really better to just extract as TGA and then edit the mask properly in an image editor.

Considering that requires the image to be re-compressed due to alteration, it's really better to just extract as TGA and then edit the mask properly in an image editor.

Confirmed.

Trying to extract all the bitmaps from the TXD's for nearly a week using TXD Workshop and this done it in seconds. I cannot thank you guys enough for this one, a real life saver!! :cookie::cookie::cookie:

You're welcome! Much love from us.

Difficult to say but we will probably look into it when working on the viewer (we were asked to implement alpha channel view, RGB-only view, etc).
  • Like 3

During my manual extraction process (Using TXD Workshop) I've ended up with some 800-900MB worth of .BMP images. Using this to extract everything automatically and in 1 move it's only 700-ishMB. Could you clarify why this is? Thanks.

So what the problem with recompressing? To be able to edit the image, it must be uncompressed and cmpressed back later. TXDWorckshop has the feature to worck with rgb and alpha chenels separatly. Why not have this feature in magicTXD?

Also not every txd is compressed.

Edited by cj2000