Hey meowsies I have a nice TXD file from a d3d9 RW 3.7.0.2 game

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/pc.txd

y it no open

Edited by Silent
  • Like 2

Hey meowsies I have a nice TXD file from a d3d9 RW 3.7.0.2 game

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/pc.txd

y it no open

It does not appear to be encoded as classic RenderWare TXD file. The game could have invented it's own format. Compression is unlikely due to the high amount of zeroes in the file.

============================

EDIT: it looks like a Platform Independent Texture Dictionary! Thank you Silent!

Edited by The_GTA

• 1 month later...

3fQ4PmE.png

Long time no see! Happy New Year everybody. Here is a new build of Magic.TXD that rounds off edges by fixing bugs and improving things under-the-hood. Most importantly: Magic.TXD now runs on Windows XP! This should satisfy the crowd that is still stuck on old computers, hopefully eliminating the need for TXD Workshop.

Improvements:
- texture name in rename dialog is now being automatically selected (Xinerki)
- F2 is now bound to rename texture (Xinerki)
- fixed a bug where filtering flags were not properly set when generating mipmaps through texture add/replace dialog
- fixed a rare crash inside Magic.TXD that happened at init
- made installation of PowerVR nat-tex optional, to remove the need to have 2013 redist installed
- improved handling of IMG archives: less temporary files, smarter usage of HDD over SSD
- fixed a bug in parsing of Direct3D9 native textures that irritated the raster format field
- many more things under-the-hood

Note that we now provide you with download links for both WinXP+ and Win7+ compatible installers. The Windows 7 version has more features than the Windows XP version.

This version has been tested on Windows 10 64bit, Windows 7 32bit and Windows XP 32bit.

The main source code repository is now CodePlex! The move has been made because SVN provides greater freedom in source control. Please note that we will further maintain the GitHub repository just that it has become second-citizen.

Looking on we want to greatly improve Magic.TXD but remember that this tool is made without funding but our time. And it is recently very lacking. You can expect another update during Summer 2017.

Thank you to all of the ~33 people that voted for Magic.TXD in the 2016 GTA modding awards.

We wish you a great 2017 in which you fulfill all of your New Year's resolutions :)

- Martin and Dmitry Edited by The_GTA

Finally that annoying crash isn't present anymore. Win7+ version installed on Windows 8.1 x86 and Windows 10 x64, working fine on both.

Any news related to this? I'm very interested on it, looks pretty good.

Yes, I am relieved too! :) A stability update to satisfy you.

We like community work on Magic.TXD design very much. It has been well received and we want to make it easier to "recolor" Magic.TXD in the future.

I have to come to the defense of current Dark Theme. The stars symbolize the night. The dark-blue background resembles the night sky. Hence both things, in our opinion, go well together. We thought it was a good pick because the night is pretty dark, and it has something mystical about it.

Our view of what is best can change later.

Note that we now provide you with download links for both WinXP+ and Win7+ compatible installers. The Windows 7 version has more features than the Windows XP version.

Any notable ones?

Any notable ones?

I would like to point out that the shell extension is not included in the XP version for which I have spent weeks of hard work on. :)

But what does that statement truly mean? That you get a minimal product and that is what you might want (despite the fact that you get the same ability with Win7+ installer anyway).

• Like 1

I would like to point out that the shell extension is not included in the XP version for which I have spent weeks of hard work on. :)

Sorry, don´t want to sound dumb, but what that shell extension should be good for?

Sorry, don´t want to sound dumb, but what that shell extension should be good for?

A f*cking lot of things, quick change of mass TXD's, etc, where you can just highlight all the TXD's in a folder, right click, change what game they're for, quick building, quick extraction, etc, etc, ability to see the top most texture in windows thumbnail, ability to pack rwtex files into a TXD straight away, etc, that sort of thing, it's became really handy and is seriously one of the major benefits of this program.

@The_GTA missed some hotkeys: Open (Ctrl+O), New (Ctrl+N), Save as...(Ctrl+A), and also Resize (Alt+S (?)).

And also add some functions:

- function to move up/down the textures in order highlightly like in txdworkshop (by hitting up/down arrow or simply dragging).

- function to find the textures (by Ctrl+F, plus pressing a key that matches the first letter of tex. name to highlight, like what i can do in Windows Explorer).

- And if possible plus a function to export by drag-&-drop the highlighted textures.

Anyway thanks for your gift for winxp users like me!

• Like 2

@The_GTA missed some hotkeys: Open (Ctrl+O), New (Ctrl+N), Save as...(Ctrl+A), and also Resize (Alt+S (?)).

And also add some functions:

- function to move up/down the textures in order highlightly like in txdworkshop (by hitting up/down arrow or simply dragging).

- function to find the textures (by Ctrl+F, plus pressing a key that matches the first letter of tex. name to highlight, like what i can do in Windows Explorer).

- And if possible plus a function to export by drag-&-drop the highlighted textures.

Anyway thanks for your gift for winxp users like me!

Thank you for the suggestions, Minkhute360! Just implemented your new shortcuts, will work on reordering textures soon. The finding of textures was already requested and has to wait till Summer. The drag and drop too because it colludes with the find feature (multi selection TXD tasks). But the drag and drop is an original request, highly appreciated!

Glad that you appreciate my effort. I had an uneasy feeling from the beginning for having to cut off XP due to primary concerns. But everything turned out alright now :)

Edited by The_GTA

Glad that you are glad on me so. :orly:

(At your signature you say: "I like my Lumia 950, meow."

so I say back: "I like my Lumia 520, ... (how the mouse scream in English?)"

(Nokia Lumia 520) ) :sigh: :pp

Nice sugestions Minhkute360, I would suggest the same things.

When you notice an obvious bug that you think "why no one reported this? Maybe is just my PC". Yeah, this isn't a nice thought...

I had seen this before, and I saw it again yesterday, so I decided to report here today (and to my surprise, was updated). I updated Magic.TXD, but the bug continued:

I'm talking about mipmaps, that doesn't work if I add mipmap in key "M" window.

1.jpg

That is: If I add a new texture, in that window if I add mipmaps, all works.

But if I already added a texture and I want to edit it adding mipmaps (using "M" key and marking mipmaps) doesn't work.

Even if I clear mipmaps (CTRL+C) and add it again, doesn't work...

But inside Magic.TXD it's all fine.

Even the TXDs has the exactly same size!

Download of TXDs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1sAJQAUfOOYQzdHQmt3OGd4Vkk/view

I'm testing using Tuning Mod, loading that part, and I'm 99% sure that the problem isn't a Tuning Mod's problem. Or is, but it's also the fault of Magic.TXD. (Note that Tuning Mod simulates a vehicle part, so it's like a vehicle part)

Sorry for my laziness in testing in different ways, as in game objects :p but anyway... The bug is there.

Also works well if I use mass conversion. Noted only in "M" window.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Sorry for my laziness in testing in different ways, as in game objects :p but anyway... The bug is there.

Also works well if I use mass conversion. Noted only in "M" window.

Sounds like it is time for RC3... Thanks for reporting this bug Junior_Djjr! I forgot to fix the manipulate window mipgen filtering mode adjustment because I forgot you can generate mipmaps using that too.

If you open the TXD using Magic.TXD with warnings enabled you should see that the broken TXD says something about wrong filtering flags. Just saving the TXD will fix this.

New build will be out tonight with the fix.

To be fair the bug has been around since months and nobody reported it to me directly until now.

I would like to mention that your request to add more to the D3D9 native texture parsing success-ratio is not forgotten, particularily broken textures from TXD Workshop. Time is key.

================================

New build 1.1 RC3 is out! It fixes the manipulate window mipmap generation filtering flag bug. Some keyboard shortcuts that have been requested were added aswell. Then I added the GTA3 PS2 RW version setting to mass conversion and the shell extension. I believe I will have to straighten out the RW version logic across all code locations in the future, possibly a big summer codebase maintenance.

Edited by The_GTA
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how to use mipmaps in GTA III?

I know a plugin for VC, i couldn't find anything similar for III.

i thought GTA3 can use mipmaps natively without any plugin, if you give it textures with mipmaps

i thought GTA3 can use mipmaps natively without any plugin, if you give it textures with mipmaps

Really? I thought wasn't possible. Huh, I learned something new today.

When I tested mipmaps on GTA3 I got no results. There could be driver overrides at play here. Remember that GTA3 never shipped with mipmaps so that R* did not feel the need to setup renderstates such as LOD bias properly.

I am aware of the VC mipmaps plugin which I find a great idea. To my knowledge there is no equivalent for III at point of writing.

Feel free to create one! :p

(definition of a result: visible blurring of textures in distance)

===================================================

I decided to make a video showcasing mipmaps in 3/VC/SA.

You should see what I mean that mipmaps in III/VC have zero-to-little effect. Edited by The_GTA
  • Like 2

keep in mind you need anisotropic filtering in order to mipmapping actually work as intended

if for some hard to believe reason you can't use anisotropic filtering, there's no point do to mipmaps in the first place

SA MipMaps which contains alpha channel like nets, vegetables, should play together with Two Pass rendering method :).

I saw that GTA SA has specific mip mapping for some road textures, that the lines are not too blurred. I never figured out how it's done, maybe it's some flag?

Edited by HM128

Do you mean the forced flags? Which ignore what filtering method you have and can apply the highest level directly? E.g. Roads can be forced to use 16xAF directly from the texture, even if the game is applying 4xAF everywhere else for example.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Magic.TXD able to change the order of textures like TXD Workshop?

Edited by HM128

Planned feature, for now indirectly possible by extracting texture as rwtex and reimporting to put at back. Please avoid name conflicts in TXD files.

Planned feature, for now indirectly possible by extracting texture as rwtex and reimporting to put at back. Please avoid name conflicts in TXD files.

But what about posibility to compress and uncompress all textures at once? An other feature I am mising from TXDWorckshop is the posibility to edit rgb and alpha chanel separatly.

I would like proper Manhunt texture support, i still need to change game version to Vice City in order to make the .txd actually work (if saved as Manhunt, it crashes the game :( ).

PS. There's a MH2 icon inside Magic.TXD folder, are there any plans?

I would like proper Manhunt texture support, i still need to change game version to Vice City in order to make the .txd actually work (if saved as Manhunt, it crashes the game :( ).

PS. There's a MH2 icon inside Magic.TXD folder, are there any plans?

Manhunt has a TXD filesize limit which is a big problem. I was hoping that the Manhunt community solved it. I did have some Manhunt files and used them as reference for versioning, but thank you for giving details about a possible issue.

The MH2 logo is a left-over of early ideas. It unfortunately bears no special meaning :)