Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The_GTA

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

Recommended Posts

cj2000
50 minutes ago, dot exe said:

Thank you for this Amazing Tool!

Is there any update?

I just want to request one feature that if we export the texture, the texture that exported is got separated. I mean like with alpha and without alpha is on different folder, not at same folder. Thanks!

You mean a feature like in TXDWorckshop, where you can export the alpha chanal separatlly from the rest? Have requested such feature years ago, but not going to hepend, specially since the developer of the tool no longer updating it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dot exe
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, cj2000 said:

You mean a feature like in TXDWorckshop, where you can export the alpha chanal separatlly from the rest? Have requested such feature years ago, but not going to hepend, specially since the developer of the tool no longer updating it.

Yeah like that. But idk if that feature is there in TXDWorkshop. It's very useful feature anyway.

What happened with the developer? Is this tool discontinued? So sad.

Edited by dot exe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cj2000
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dot exe said:

Yeah like that. But idk if that feature is there in TXDWorkshop. It's very useful feature anyway.

What happened with the developer? Is this tool discontinued? So sad.

Unfortunatelly TXDWorkshop is a really old and a bit bugy tool, so it has problems with some txd files. The tool is only for PC txd files and DXT5 textures can´t be handled by the tool.

Edited by cj2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
15 hours ago, dot exe said:

Thank you for this Amazing Tool!

Is there any update?

I just want to request one feature that if we export the texture, the texture that exported is got separated. I mean like with alpha and without alpha is on different folder, not at same folder. Thanks!

Since this is asked again, this tool aims to get people used to a more professional method (TXDWorkshop allowed this but it was also recompressing the image each time you changed the alpha or messed with it, resulting in degraded image quality), here's a quick guide on how to get it...

 

On Magic.TXD, export your chosen texture in a format that can handle alpha channels, in this case PNG...

unknown.png

 

Then, load that PNG into an image editor, here I've chosen GIMP, but many others pack the same feature set, what you want to do is ADD LAYER MASK to the image...

unknown.png

 

When given the options, choose to transfer/keep the current mask...

unknown.png

 

Then after that you'll notice the mask is now displayed next to the original image, so just right click that and toggle between editing and showing the mask, or to edit the base image...

unknown.png

 

And voila, once you get used to this you'll find it much quicker and also have the ability to do more tweaks and effects to the mask and base at the same time WITHOUT degrading the quality...

unknown.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cj2000
On 3/17/2020 at 4:01 AM, Ash_735 said:

Since this is asked again, this tool aims to get people used to a more professional method (TXDWorkshop allowed this but it was also recompressing the image each time you changed the alpha or messed with it, resulting in degraded image quality), here's a quick guide on how to get it...

 

On Magic.TXD, export your chosen texture in a format that can handle alpha channels, in this case PNG...

unknown.png

 

Then, load that PNG into an image editor, here I've chosen GIMP, but many others pack the same feature set, what you want to do is ADD LAYER MASK to the image...

unknown.png

 

When given the options, choose to transfer/keep the current mask...

unknown.png

 

Then after that you'll notice the mask is now displayed next to the original image, so just right click that and toggle between editing and showing the mask, or to edit the base image...

unknown.png

 

And voila, once you get used to this you'll find it much quicker and also have the ability to do more tweaks and effects to the mask and base at the same time WITHOUT degrading the quality...

unknown.png

But for export only TXDWorckshop could be a good solution, as long it can handle the format of txd file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Platin_

It appears to be a bug that doesn't let you mass convert .txd -> image format in the same folder that you are getting your .txd files from. Otherwise, really good work, thank you for making this piece of art!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamasen

I noticed when starting a Mass Build, there's a quality checkbox and input, what is the min/max of the quality input?

Also, does anyone have a good compression balance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
muh linucs
Posted (edited)

OtU6dbP.png

 

Can I get some guidance with generating mipmaps for SA?

  • Should I clear mipmaps?
  • What does "max" in "generate mipmaps" refer to?
  • "Improve filtering"?
  • Should I enable the other options?
  • Can I output to the game folder?
Edited by muh linucs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaDiDa

For some reason I'm unable to save pcbtns.txd with magic.txd, every other txd works fine, but the save option doesn't save this particular txd nor does the save button with the popup when closing do anything at all 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
22 hours ago, LaDiDa said:

For some reason I'm unable to save pcbtns.txd with magic.txd, every other txd works fine, but the save option doesn't save this particular txd nor does the save button with the popup when closing do anything at all 🤔

It's not marked as "Read Only" is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LaDiDa
3 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

It's not marked as "Read Only" is it?

It wasn't, but it gave me an idea, applied read only & then reverted it, seems to work as expected now 🙃

Probably Windows 10 that might've done something funny with that particular txd in an update maybe. Not sure. Anyway it works now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meng Fan
Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm new here, my name is Meng fan, magic. txd tool is GTA3 mobile TXD version settings PowerVR game appeared very big problem, the Mapping error, Windows version

Edited by Meng Fan
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Junior_Djjr
Posted (edited)

How about, in some next version, more quality settings for DXT compression?

 

Using Unity Engine for my game, I noticed very useful compression quality options.

Spoiler

00.png

0,9 / 0,6 MB for a 2048x2048 texture, this is insane.

Its very important for RoSA Project Reborn, because that thing already has dozens of GBs and we need to decrease the resolution because the crappy game streaming causes lag spikes, even using .img (that is, it's not a disk fragmentation problem from separated files in modloader).

 

Taking advantage from this message, please make the compressed texture option as default instead of uncompressed,and fix power of 2 automatically for compressed textures.

I know that there may be some case where the person "loses" his job by adding in the .txd and not making a backup of the uncompressed version, but it is an exaggeration to worry about it, it is for a greater good.

I have posted mods on my site for almost a decade, and you guys have no idea of the problem that happened when Magic.TXD arrived in the community replacing TXD Workshop. Virtually all mods that use .txd created with Magic.TXD, do not include compression on textures and / or include compression but with a non-power texture of 2 (without exaggeration, 95%, not considering my internal community that learned from me).

Note that from the beginning I put a very highlighted warning on my website with a tutorial, for, at least those who download there, have a short tutorial on how to use compression and resolution power of 2, and even so practically all mods created in Magic.TXD create the .txd file in the wrong way, even with a internal tutorial explaining that using compression is important, and they also don't know the concept of mipmaps (some PCs the mipmaps makes effect on sprite textures, and it gets blurred, others not).
Magic.TXD was a very important milestone in modding, at the same time it increased the number of bad created .txd mods for thousands %, and I'm not talking about small inexperienced modders, even though it is still important because they are the majority, but I see these errors even on big, experienced modders. Some action from Magic.TXD itself is needed to solve this, change the default or just a better warn about compression, also warn about compression without power of 2 etc.

Edited by Junior_Djjr
  • Like 3
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
firedihm
Posted (edited)

I don't see how this can help with lagspikes as crunches have to be decompressed back to DXT. But reducing archive sizes is a must with such mods.

Edited by firedihm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.