Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,742 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The_GTA

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

Blackbird88

Also could you please add some sorting or searching function? It's really annoying to find particular texture in huge TXD (unless I'm missing some option)

The_GTA

About MagicTXD, it would be great if you could implement an option to compress all images in the archive at one click, just like in TXDWorkshop. Also, zoom in and out ability would be nice.

Apart from that, I find this tool absolutely perfect :) Too bad it wasn't developed years ago!

Thank you for your kind words! I hope this tool was not released too late and we can still get an increase in public interest for GTA 3D era modding. We will see what the future will bring us.

I greatly appreciate any news you guys share about Magic.TXD. I often search popular search engines for the latest things. Recently I was surprised about gtafan2u's coverage, which is just one of many examples really.

About new features. Multi-texture tasking (compression, mipmap generation, etc) is high up on the todo list. I will get to work on it in summer, so please stay tuned :)

Also could you please add some sorting or searching function? It's really annoying to find particular texture in huge TXD (unless I'm missing some option)

Sure thing! We are going to invest in comfort features for the next big iteration.

And no, you are not missing any option. We decided to ship it barebones for the first version, so you guys did not have to wait for a stable editor till summer.

--------------------------------------------

For any of you who has had installer issues, like not being able to install because of a corrupted Magic.TXD installation (anti-virus, harddisk shuffling, etc), I have uploaded a new version of Magic.TXD. That one should not lock you out of installation anymore.

The new RC includes a feature request by Flame: if you replace a texture then the texture name gets automatically filled into the filename field of the replace file finder dialog. :)

Edited by The_GTA

SilverRST

The_GTA, if about map editor, it's never late :p You have no idea how long we have been waiting for that!

The latest version is from like 2005 and it's still buggy and outdated as always. Any plans on making a new and better one?

Edited by SilverRST

The_GTA

The_GTA, if about map editor, it's never late :p You have no idea how long we have been waiting for that!

The latest version is from like 2005 and it's still buggy and outdated as always. Any plans on making a new and better one?

Maybe... :D Just wait and see.

SilverRST

I so wanna kick a squirrel in his nuts to get it released :D

Edited by SilverRST

Gravarty

Unfortunately it doesn't work on Windows Vista. I know it sounds crazy to still use this OS, but i prefer it for gaming though :D

I'm just curious, what gaming advantages Vista gives you?

Vista SP2 is actually really stable and fast. It doesn't have a lot of background services and games run a bit better.

But since it's out of date (software wise) i went back to 8.1. W10 is still too new and crashes a lot.

Edited by countergame

darkdrifter

I'm sure a clean install of Windows 7 (latest ISO build with every update packed into it) would be more stable and faster than Vista.

IMO Windows 8.1 is the most stable OS from Microsoft, it doesn't destroy itself with time like Windows 10 and is faster than Windows 7 (and uses less RAM).

Reyks

Ohh boy, I really hope this becomes a thing.

San Andreas map has so many bugs and floating objects all over the place... I've been meaning to fix the entire map (literally everything) for quite some time, but MEd is a pain in the ass to use with all the bugs it has, and the MTA map editor can only be used for adding objects, but even that isn't perfect since the converter from .map to .ipl doesn't properly convert the rotations.

ALMOST610

Great piece of software, its nice to see some advancements still being made on the tools for older GTA Games.

If you need another place to host it, you can upload it on my website. http://almost610.ucoz.com

Blackbird88

sLv7ijh.jpg

MagicTXD has enabled me to convert III Mobile textures to PC.

Do you like modding textures ? Do you want to improve your modding possibilities ?

Please make a free decision and download it.

Edited by Blackbird88

The_GTA

Nice reference of many fasts, Blackbird88. Besides that I can guarrantee that there will never be a donation prompt in Magic.TXD. We simply are not fast enough for that :(

Hooray for free decisions!

Implementation of fastman92 IMG format has proven timecostly. I need to optimize the IMG system beforehand. There still are internals with which I am not happy about. A big point is that files should be managed between RAM, HDD and SSD efficiently to decrease decay of storage media. Estimated finish: Summer break (topkek).

If you don't know yet, Magic.TXD does parse IMG files ver1&2 in Mass Conversion.

Establishing an IMG pipe does pave the way for an IMG shell extension. :)

This is done in the light of people requesting direct IMG support in our tool.

Edited by The_GTA

dkluin

I just noticed that you released a new MagicTXD version, and for some reason it has issues with rwshell.dll?

Also, mass exporting is not working. It doesn't export anything. When trying to convert TXD's it also doesn't convert anything.

Edited by dkluin

Inadequate

The latest Magic.TXD version (rc6.6) crashes on Windows 7 x86. I can't even run it, crashes instantly. While the previous version worked like a charm. :(

Edited by Inadequate

The_GTA

I just noticed that you released a new MagicTXD version, and for some reason it has issues with rwshell.dll?

Also, mass exporting is not working. It doesn't export anything. When trying to convert TXD's it also doesn't convert anything.

The latest Magic.TXD version (rc6.6) crashes on Windows 7 x86. I can't even run it, crashes instantly. While the previous version worked like a charm. :(

Thank you for notifying me. Here is a link to the previous build, if you are experiencing issues:

https://mega.nz/#!tMNjkSwQ!9ZTm2UVIqBDIWZg6OmpV995ooeN7puOApBIb9_gxAN4(RC6.5)

Will be looking into this issue. Unfortunately codebase is currently in transition.

I have updated to a new vendor library version. Maybe that is causing issues...

Edited by The_GTA

dkluin

I hope to see you fix it soon.

spaceeinstein

I have a fonts.txd file from the Japanese PC version and it opens with warnings and errors. I can view the texture if I disable the "Deserialize without blocklength" option. As far as I can tell, only this file is problematic in the Japanese version.

The Hero

The file isn't complete, I don't know how that could happen but it's missing two extension chunks.

The_GTA

Note that while a broken official PC file may seem strange, WarDrum Studios (GTA3 mobile) and even Rockstar Leeds (PSP) produced little mistakes in TXD files.

Using blocklenghts the TXD parser becomes more error-resistant. Sadly this is not always possible due to implementation details of Criterion RW.

Much thanks to aap for inspecting the TXD file!

-----

If a TXD file is causing errors it is a good idea to share the exact error message with us :) The Magic.TXD log has a copy-to-clipboard feature if you click on the right button.

Edited by The_GTA

juanma_16

Hello everyone, amazing tool!

I've read the whole post but i'm still unsure if one can add alpha textures like with TXD Workshop or not. I mean, something like texture.bmp and texturea.bmp

George Costanza

You need to edit texture in some editor, for example gimp to edit alpha.

juanma_16

Ok. So the texture has to have the alpha channel before adding it to the txd. There's no way to add it through MagicTXD.

The_GTA

Ok. So the texture has to have the alpha channel before adding it to the txd. There's no way to add it through MagicTXD.

Nice to see you, juanma_16 :)

Yes, I confirm this. I think it is best to use professional image editor to add alpha channel into image file. Because Magic.TXD uses high quality floating point color conversion, exporting and importing raw color image is no quality loss.

Besides. Alpha channel embedded into image in texture anyway.

Inadequate

Hi. How I convert a Vice City PC TXD to PS2 format?

George Costanza

Open TXD -> Edit -> Setup TXD version -> Platform change PC to PS2

Markuza

Just tried tool for the first time.

Alpha channel always gets deleted when building textures. I tried both TGA and PNG textures and alpha always dissapears. I am forced to use DK's Magic TXD Builder. It builds TXD files correctly.

I tried to convert III PC textures to III PS2 textures using Mass Convert. It will never work because tool produces RW 3.1.0.1 textures, but it should produce 3.1.0.0 textures. Weird thing is that when you use Edit - TXD Version Setup, it will correctly use 3.1.0.0 by default.

When using Edit - TXD Version Setup to make PS2 textures, why it doesn't ask you if you want to use palleted textures in the beggining. This way all textures will be palettized. Right now we need to select each texture manually and make pallete by ourselves. Doing this on thousands of textures will be really time consuming.

4tjaAic.png

xTQXHdA.png

Inadequate

Alpha channel always gets deleted when building textures. I tried both TGA and PNG textures and alpha always dissapears. I am forced to use DK's Magic TXD Builder. It builds TXD files correctly.

I tried to convert III PC textures to III PS2 textures using Mass Convert. It will never work because tool produces RW 3.1.0.1 textures, but it should produce 3.1.0.0 textures. Weird thing is that when you use Edit - TXD Version Setup, it will correctly use 3.1.0.0 by default.

When using Edit - TXD Version Setup to make PS2 textures, why it doesn't ask you if you want to use palleted textures in the beggining. This way all textures will be palettized. Right now we need to select each texture manually and make pallete by ourselves. Doing this on thousands of textures will be really time consuming.

4tjaAic.png

xTQXHdA.png

Whoaaa, great find @Markuza. :^:

The_GTA

Thank you! Do you like Magic.TXD?

I was hoping to see a screenshot of disappearing alpha. Could I please have sample images and your TXD Builder configuration to check the error out myself?

Magic.TXD correctly sets alpha channel. You may have found a rare bug.

Glad to hear that GTA3 PS2 loads the TXD files correctly. I failed to build an ISO in testing.

No it wont, because you have mass conversion feature :) Not sure if RC6.6 has bugfix for GTA3, we need to work on it.

In due time. :)

Thank you, Markuza!

=========================================

About Magic.TXD Builder. It is a tool specialized on RW PC TXD archives. It has features like YCoCg support that Magic.TXD does not. So there is a reason to use both Magic.TXD and Magic.TXD Builder!

Edited by The_GTA

Markuza

Very good program. You can pretty much make textures for all platforms.

I was hoping to see a screenshot of disappearing alpha. Could I please have sample images and your TXD Builder configuration to check the error out myself?

Magic.TXD correctly sets alpha channel. You may have found a rare bug.

What the actual f*ck? Now Magic TXD builds all files correctly. I swear it didn't work yesterday. I tried to reproduce bug but no luck.

Glad to hear that GTA3 PS2 loads the TXD files correctly. I failed to build an ISO in testing.

Yeah, I had to do some hex editing inside .IRX files and main executable file to remove files checks.

No it wont, because you have mass conversion feature :) Not sure if RC6.6 has bugfix for GTA3, we need to work on it.

In due time. :)

Thank you, Markuza!

Once you fix the bug so it produces 3.1.0.0 by default instead of 3.1.0.1 send me a message. I want to port alpha textures to PS2. (No need to rush, take your time)

Thank you! :inlove:

Edited by Markuza

LINK/2012

Did it increase your modding possibilities? Edited by LINK/2012

miclin

Did it increase your modding possibilities?

Make a free decision.