2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The_GTA

[REL/OpenSrc] Magic.TXD

Ash_735

It's a good thing you uploaded examples, it's normally just header differences between games, yes Magic.TXD can read other games but it needs to know what to look for in the header. What game is this by the way?

RacingFreak

The game is AirBlade.

Strange, MagicTXD should perform unswizzling, like it does for GTA PS2 textures.

In the case of this game it does, but not for all textures. I sent samples of ones that Magic.TXD fail to unswizzle.

PS
Link updated to include another 512x256 sample.

Edited by RacingFreak

The Hero

The thing is that the version of these TXDs ist the same as the ones from III, i.e. 3.1.0. So magic.txd actually *should* have no problem reading them. Unfortunately the actual 3.1.0 code is rather hard to reverse and slightly differs from later versions (3.5 is a lot easier to reverse because there is a build for x86). But PS2 rasters are pretty hard to understand so it's no wonder we need some more research :)

Edited by The Hero

ghostandme
I used mode "mass conversion" and tick "compress textures"

file "vehicles.txd" of gta san

after that I couldn't load "new game" and "save game"

the game loads half, then the error message "has stopped working"

game works well if I don't tick "compress textures" in "mass conversion" mode

bonus: "player.img" file too

Edited by ghostandme

DK22Pac

I used mode "mass conversion" and tick "compress textures"

file "vehicles.txd" of gta san

after that I couldn't load "new game" and "save game"

the game loads half, then the error message "has stopped working"

game works well if I don't tick "compress textures" in "mass conversion" mode

bonus: "player.img" file too

In GTA San Andreas, some textures are used to generate new textures, by performing a pixel-by-pixel copying. This copying algorythm works only for 32-bit uncompressed RGBA textures.

This applies to player.img textures and grunge texture in vehicle.txd.

Ash_735

Good rule of thumb, if something was left as uncompressed by default, leave it uncompressed.

ghostandme

In GTA San Andreas, some textures are used to generate new textures, by performing a pixel-by-pixel copying. This copying algorythm works only for 32-bit uncompressed RGBA textures.

This applies to player.img textures and grunge texture in vehicle.txd.

Which file should be compressed and not compressed on GTA3?

generic

gta3.img

misc.txd

particle.txd

Edited by ghostandme

theundeadsoldier

nice tool it's very useful

a little request if you can make it possible.

can you add support for the bully schoolarship edition wii .txd files?

here's a file of the bully from wii version http://www.mediafire.com/file/seh1alw9kj9vej5/PRH3_Justin.txd

cj2000

here's a file of the bully from wii version http://www.mediafire.com/file/seh1alw9kj9vej5/PRH3_Justin.txd

The format seems to be similar to Manhunt 2 or Stories Formats, but using big endian. Exept the txd ending it seems to have nothing comon with RW txd format.

theundeadsoldier

The format seems to be similar to Manhunt 2 or Stories Formats, but using big endian. Exept the txd ending it seems to have nothing comon with RW txd format.

I guess so, a well known youtuber related to bully deadpool also told me the txd of wii bully were Big endian I just hope THE_GTA can make them supported in magictxd because im working in a project related to wii bully and i only can get the textures with dumping them with dolphin and some times it's impossible to find or know which texture belong to the model you want to add them

cj2000

I guess so, a well known youtuber related to bully deadpool also told me the txd of wii bully were Big endian I just hope THE_GTA can make them supported in magictxd because im working in a project related to wii bully and i only can get the textures with dumping them with dolphin and some times it's impossible to find or know which texture belong to the model you want to add them

So you worcking on Bully mod for Wii?

I can´t speak for THE_GTA, but don´t think he´ll includ suport for that format, as it has nothing to do with RW txd format. This Bulyy txds are just fake txds.

theundeadsoldier

So you worcking on Bully mod for Wii?

I can´t speak for THE_GTA, but don´t think he´ll includ suport for that format, as it has nothing to do with RW txd format. This Bulyy txds are just fake txds.

well i'll wait for the word of THE_GTA but thanks for letting me know about the format differences

Edited by theundeadsoldier

Blackbird88

Bully Scholarship edition doesn't use RenderWare at all lmao. Those """TXD""" files aren't real TXD format so why do you guys keep discussing those here?

Edited by Blackbird88

cj2000

Bully Scholarship edition doesn't use RenderWare at all lmao. Those """TXD""" files aren't real TXD format so why do you guys keep discussing those here?

That´s exactly what i tried to explain.

Blackbird88

That´s exactly what i tried to explain.

True. My mistake. I missed your post :D

YOEL_44

I don't know if it's known or not but I want to make a little bug report.

If you try to open a txd with a texture set to 0 mipmaps (sometimes the old TXD Workshop does that), Magic TXD will not be able to open the txd at all, as a workaround you can open TXD Workshop 5.3 and set the buggy texture to 1 mipmap, then save and open it with Magic TXD.

Is not a big problem but I just wanted it to be documented.

Edited by YOEL_44

Kyrie

Some fiture suggestions,

Is it possible to 'Manipulate' Multiple textures at the same times ?

I mean, when im import 20 (or sometimes more) texture, i have to press 'M' for 20 times.

Is it possible to export texture with Drag and Drop ?

Thanks.

Ash_735

I don't know if it's known or not but I want to make a little bug report.

If you try to open a txd with a texture set to 0 mipmaps (sometimes the old TXD Workshop does that), Magic TXD will not be able to open the txd at all, as a workaround you can open TXD Workshop 5.3 and set the buggy texture to 1 mipmap, then save and open it with Magic TXD.

Is not a big problem but I just wanted it to be documented.

That's a problem because TXDWorkshop screws up the file header when saved, the more and more you edit a file with TXDWorkshop the more corrupt it will get until it reaches a breaking point (usually not being able to load or cause a streaming failure when accessed by the game).

frankandbeans

Regarding mass conversion, is there a way to change which dxt compression I want for txds with alphas? It defaults them to DXT5, and I would like DXT3 instead.

cj2000

Regarding mass conversion, is there a way to change which dxt compression I want for txds with alphas? It defaults them to DXT5, and I would like DXT3 instead.

This would be a usefull feature.

cj2000

No idea if it can be called a bugg, but there is a problem with filter flag. I open txd with filterflag 6 using magic TXD, but after saving it the filter flag is changed to 2.

DK22Pac
Posted (edited)

If texture has no mipmaps then there's no need in mip filtering.

Edited by DK22Pac

cj2000

If texture has no mipmaps then there's no need in mip filtering.

if the texture contain no mipmaps, it doesn´t mean it´s not using mipmaping, as there could be auto generated mipmaps.

DK22Pac
Posted (edited)

The problem here is that you can't setup automipmapping (enable or disable it) for textures with Magic.TXD.

Also, I think we can call it a bug.

We need The_GTA in this thread to talk about it.

Edited by DK22Pac

cj2000

The problem here is that you can't setup automipmapping (enable or disable it) for textures with Magic.TXD.

Also, I think we can call it a bug.

We need The_GTA in this thread to talk about it.

Think that filterflag inside txd is redundant, since there is also one inside dff. However only somebody with knowledge about the RW engine can really bring light into this isue.

The Hero

The other way around. The dff filter/wrap modes are useless if you have TXDs. If textures are loaded from image files (bmp, png, tiff, ...) then the filter/wrap modes are set from the dff. But GTA uses TXDs so the DFF values aren't used.

cj2000

The other way around. The dff filter/wrap modes are useless if you have TXDs. If textures are loaded from image files (bmp, png, tiff, ...) then the filter/wrap modes are set from the dff. But GTA uses TXDs so the DFF values aren't used.

OK, so the filter/wrap flags inside txd are important for the game, right? Also there is also a mipmap flag in dff, but not txd, is it ignored to?

MH-T99

How can I load img files?

Gmer
Posted (edited)

I started getting error in mass convert today: 

could not get a filesystem handle to the game root

conversion finished! (no output files though).

I havent changed my practises: i use 2 folders on my desktop respectively as input and outdir, and suddenly all abruptly I started getting this error today without any way to recover from it (I tried uninstalling ,wiping appdata cache folders and regkeys for Magic TXD, and clean re-installing it, without success, please help me @The_GTA  !

SS:

Fh1qMy0.png

really I changed nothing to my PC or config, ive used the tool for a long time , all i did before it started was get Windows 10 update (now build 10.0.17134.167, from KB4345421) 'filesystem' error huh maybe related?

EDIT: fixed finally by cleaning/re install again, although im still using the same 2 desktop directories so not sure what made it start go wrong or even solved it

On 6/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, MH-T99 said:

How can I load img files?

first load it with "Alci's IMG editor" tool (for example GTA3.img), extract the .txd file using this software, and then open that exported TXD file with Magic TXD. After ur done, put it back in GTA3.img with Alci IMG (overwrite the original with your modded one) or use resulting txd for another purpose

Edited by Gmer

Wolf_Gamer
Posted (edited)

nor do I want to use this mod as it gets black screen on the PC and hangs when uninstall.

but still your work found it excellent.

Edited by Wolf_Gamer