Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

JustHatched

4.x Upgrade

JustHatched

What's the time frame for upgrading this to Invision 4.1 (or 4.2 whenever it's released)

3.x will be hitting EOL soon which I am sure you are aware. My crew site had/has loads of modifications and we were able to upgrade fairly painless and the 4x series so far is proving far superior to 3x in almost every way.

uNi

Shouldn't take much longer, we already have been using it for a few months, but we don't really like it. So we're making it as close as we have now so the transition isn't so painful.

BenDeR

IPB4 is a pain in the a$$ in so many ways... Especially when you upgrade from v3 to v4.

We're using it on GTANF since August 2015 and there are still some bugs remaining, although a lot have been corrected in the past few months. There are definitely some cool features, but overall I don't think the Staff here on GTAF should be in a hurry to migrate.

"Slow and easy" as they say. :D

PhillBellic

Personally, I don't find anything wrong with the latest IP.Board Version/s. The LCPDFR Forum has been running it for many months, and as a user of that Forum, I don't think there anything wrong with it.

Girish

Personally, I don't find anything wrong with the latest IP.Board Version/s. The LCPDFR Forum has been running it for many months, and as a user of that Forum, I don't think there anything wrong with it.

Well, the moderation toolkit is crap. We're expecting it to be a lot better on IPB4. Plus, it's always better to stay updated for security reasons. IPB3 support won't last forever. Not to mention, the switch from IPBv1.3 to IPB3 was a pain in the ass (remember all the V2 jokes?) and we certainly don't want a repeat of that.

Spider-Vice

IPB4 actually has interesting enhancements, so it's definitely worthy of an upgrade even if it's slightly buggy. The release process wasn't exactly smooth either as they had like a beta/release candidate once every year since 2013. :p

IPB4 also has a much better mobile interface.

PhillBellic

Well, the moderation toolkit is crap. We're expecting it to be a lot better on IPB4. Plus, it's always better to stay updated for security reasons. IPB3 support won't last forever. Not to mention, the switch from IPBv1.3 to IPB3 was a pain in the ass (remember all the V2 jokes?) and we certainly don't want a repeat of that.

I must have missed those Jokes. Then again, I may have been ahead of the curve because LCPDFR was an earlier adopter, than GTAForums.

Just my thoughts into this matter. :)

gajrajgchouhan

What jokes ?

RedDagger

jokes such as "why did the chicken cross the road" and "doctor doctor, I feel like my forum change to ipb version 3 isn't going smoothly"

...I think anyway

JustHatched

Going from 3 to 4 should/will be far less painful than going from 1 to 3.

As far as the process my site went pretty smooth and that is covering the entire IPS suite plus several 3rd party apps. Unless I am missing something GTAF only uses the forum, granted there is alot of posts.

I personally find to moderator aspect much easier to use, but don't get me wrong it does have a few things I don't care for but most of that is in the calendar. Regardless, I much prefer anything IPS puts out over Xenforo or vBulletin. If I had to use one of those 3 I would go with MyBB freebie.

Spider-Vice

XenForo is actually a very mature suite and one of my favourites after IPB somewhat bloated itself starting with IPB 3. IPB is still king in almost all aspects, though.

JustHatched

4.2 will be released soon, will GTAF finally get upgraded?

XenForo is actually a very mature suite and one of my favourites after IPB somewhat bloated itself starting with IPB 3. IPB is still king in almost all aspects, though.

Xenforo is crap, I refuse to use any site using Xenforo. Navigation nightmate