2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why do gamers feel the need to mod/hack/cheat in online games? *KEEP I

KyleKeeling

KyleKeeling

*KEEP IT CIVIL!*

If you are a gamer of any online game such as Grand Theft Auto Online or any MMO for that matter, You've probably already know that you at one time or another have ran into someone who has taken advantage of the game by putting in mods, have hacked an endless supply of money on their account, made their character reach level 1 to 8000 in mere seconds, made their character invincible, and other numerous ways to advance themselves effortlessly.

Usually, when I encounter someone who has cheated by doing any of the following listed, I report them and will usually submit a ticket to Rockstar Games and try and go about my business.

Normally, I will just let that person know they have been reported and be on my way.

Half the time, I will get no response.

But there will be those times where that person will respond and it usually is followed by insults or in rare occasions, A full on debate about cheating/modding/hacking in general.

I have heard numerous arguments and defenses about why people cheat/mod/hack these types of games and I still don't get it.

I don't see why people would want to waste their time to advance themselves in a video game without playing the game legitimately and in games like GTAO, earn what they have acquired instead of uploading a modding program to get what they want.

Hopefully most of you have similar or equal views and have gotten everything you have acquired on GTAO without cheating.

But I'm sure there are people here that have taken the easy way out and cheated their way into riches and progress effortlessly.

I'm open for discussion and debate on this subject. Maybe you can enlighten me.

*KEEP IT CIVIL!*

CarimboHanky

4uvEqtc.png

people do it because they can.

some of us choose the easy way, some of us choose the hard way.

personally i have no issue with people doing whatever they want aslong as they dont affect me, which 99.9% of the time.they dont!

going around reporting people for 8000 ranks and stuff like that is useless, evenmore if youre on ps3/360/pc were the person running the mod menu can easily clear it reports.

on ps4/xbone modded accounts give no advantage, so reporting the useless level 8000 means nothing.

just move on, mind your business!

I don't get it either, why mod a huge amount of money or a high rank? Having everything available from the get go gives you nothing to work towards, and in my opinion, makes the game boring pretty quick. Although I do understand some people want to enjoy the game without grinding, and as long as its not negatively affecting other players then I don't have much issue with it.

However, the people who cheat in order to harass and troll other people should be permabanned. The ones who have invisible body parts or in the case of LG and PC just blow up everyone in the lobby or drain bank accounts. I remember some guy kept killing me on PS4, he took no damage from any attack of mine, I blasted him point blank with an RPG and he lived, he tanked 5 shots from the heavy sniper and lived, and he kept bragging about killing me. I even saw him teleport. He definitely wasn't a modder or hacker but he must have done something to give himself an unfair advantage. I reported him in game and submitted a ticket with footage to R*. I don't get why some people need to give themselves an unfair advantage over other players. Fragile egos perhaps.

The Retaliator

Some peoples lives are complete sh*t and they suck at everything they do and they never get ahead in life. Those are the people who feel like they need to get over on everyone one way or the other, in a environment they can control. IRL they have no control, so when someone like that gets ahold of the right tools or knowledge to get over on others in an environment they can control, they will every time all the time.

Edited by The Retaliator

When I started playing games I played first person shooters like Mario Bros and Donkey Kong, those bastards used aim bots. Then I started playing fantasy RPG games like COD and BF but the worlds in those games we just too big so I switched to military simulators like Fallout4 before ending up spending most of my time in the best MMO, (apart from GTAO of course) ...CS:GO

Seriously though, cheaters are pathetic. We're all one download away from being "modders", that's pathetic too. R* are also pathetic for blocking actual mods as they allow mod menu users to ruin their online game.

• Like 2

Furtive Pygmy

If it doesn't effect you why do you care? If someone gives themselves cash, clothing, or a higher rank it doesn't negatively impact you in any way shape or form. The exception being self absorbed narcissists who feel that their own in-game achievements and standing mean anything and therefore feel that anyone who has what they have minus the effort is diminishing the self-given value of what they own.

Sure not all modders/script kiddies are good, but if they're not harming you just mind your own business. Ultimately they're just shortening the longevity of their own gameplay by taking shortcuts.

Two words: "God complex"

They want to get the attention they do not get in RealLIfe, they want to use the power they cannot us in Real Life, most of these people are mentally ill.

Edited by XenoxX

DangerZ0neX

If changing a paintjob can charge me up to 30k and above with a nice pearlescent, then you shouldn't be surprised why people mod and glitch themselves a lot of money.

It's all of Rockstar's fault for being greedy and inflating the price of everything, I understand that luxury vehicles should be expensive, but just compare the price of vanilla vehicles with DLC vehicles after Heists came along. They're all over-inflated and not worth their value, even the Osiris and T20 considering the Zentorno being only a few milliseconds behind and costing 725k compared to 2 million and above.

Shark cards were the worst things to add to the game, Online was doomed from the start but the infection became obvious after IGGs and Lowriders.

Two words: "God complex"

Why want to get the attention they do not get in RealLIfe, they want to use the power they cannot us in Real Life, most of these people are mentally ill.

Wow dude, people who don't want to grind in a video game with overly-inflated pricing and just want to have fun without worrying about money are now considered retarded?

You're so insufferable that I legitimately think you're a troll, you cannot convince me otherwise. Grow up for once in your life, you smug self-centered idiot.

Edited by DangerZ0neX

If changing a paintjob can charge me up to 30k and above with a nice pearlescent, then you shouldn't be surprised why people mod and glitch themselves a lot of money.

It's all of Rockstar's fault for being greedy and inflating the price of everything, I understand that luxury vehicles should be expensive, but just compare the price of vanilla vehicles with DLC vehicles after Heists came along. They're all over-inflated and not worth their value, even the Osirus and T20 considering the Zentorno being only a few milliseconds behind and costing 725k compared to 2 million and above.

Shark cards were the worst things to add to the game, Online was doomed from the start but the infection became obvious after IGGs and Lowriders.

The prices were higher simply because Heists allow for easier opportunities to earn easy money in a short time frame.

I have yet to grind in this game and earn everything I like for myself,(everything I like is NOT everything in the game), some people just want to own EVERYTHING that is their problem.

Additionally, what is your explanation for using god mode or even using harmful mods?

These people obviously suffer some kind of god complex and mental illness.

DangerZ0neX

Don't derail my point, I am talking about the people who transfer old gen modded accounts to current gen, the people who hack and abuse on PC and old gen are twats and deserve to be banned forever, but I'm playing devil's advocate for the transfers because I understand their motives and they are free to do so, it's still R*'s fault for making money harder to get and making everything expensive.

• Like 1

Uncle Sikee Atric

I have given up on these threads.... Eventually they just become a flame war as everyone ups their egos.

As for the original question, I have answered it many times in many threads, so I will summarise.

Why do players cheat Online? Because they can, due to lax enforcement and tough grinding requirements.

And my participation in this thread is done!

MOaRJRr.jpg

CarimboHanky

It's all of Rockstar's fault for being greedy and inflating the price of everything, I understand that luxury vehicles should be expensive, but just compare the price of vanilla vehicles with DLC vehicles after Heists came along. They're all over-inflated and not worth their value, even the Osirus and T20 considering the Zentorno being only a few milliseconds behind and costing 725k compared to 2 million and above.

The prices were higher simply because Heists allow for easier opportunities to earn easy money in a short time frame...prices were already high before heist got released, since heist they just got higher and higher and higher.

It's not just in video games, it happens in just about every aspect of life, even though the vast majority of people play fair theres always that small group of people who given the chance to lie, cheat and steal for the own gains or amusment they will every time unrelentlessly.

Maximum profit; minimum effort.

Personally, I'm not bothered that much as long as people don't give themselves PvP advantages (god mode, etc.). I mean, Rockstar already gave people the ability to cheat with shark cards - I see no difference whatsoever between them and modding, so the legitimacy of the game has been undermined since the start.

nWo_Y2J_2015

*KEEP IT CIVIL!*

If you are a gamer of any online game such as Grand Theft Auto Online or any MMO for that matter, You've probably already know that you at one time or another have ran into someone who has taken advantage of the game by putting in mods, have hacked an endless supply of money on their account, made their character reach level 1 to 8000 in mere seconds, made their character invincible, and other numerous ways to advance themselves effortlessly.

Usually, when I encounter someone who has cheated by doing any of the following listed, I report them and will usually submit a ticket to Rockstar Games and try and go about my business.

Normally, I will just let that person know they have been reported and be on my way.

Half the time, I will get no response.

But there will be those times where that person will respond and it usually is followed by insults or in rare occasions, A full on debate about cheating/modding/hacking in general.

I have heard numerous arguments and defenses about why people cheat/mod/hack these types of games and I still don't get it.

I don't see why people would want to waste their time to advance themselves in a video game without playing the game legitimately and in games like GTAO, earn what they have acquired instead of uploading a modding program to get what they want.

Hopefully most of you have similar or equal views and have gotten everything you have acquired on GTAO without cheating.

But I'm sure there are people here that have taken the easy way out and cheated their way into riches and progress effortlessly.

I'm open for discussion and debate on this subject. Maybe you can enlighten me.

*KEEP IT CIVIL!*

It takes way too long to make money to get everything you want in GTA Online. Don't believe me? Let me show you Exhibit A...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015
  • Like 1

Doof_Warrior

Personally, I'm not bothered that much as long as people don't give themselves PvP advantages (god mode, etc.). I mean, Rockstar already gave people the ability to cheat with shark cards - I see no difference whatsoever between them and modding, so the legitimacy of the game has been undermined since the start.

Rockstar already gave people the ability to cheat with shark cards - I see no difference whatsoever between them and modding

to cheat with shark cards - I see no difference whatsoever

no difference whatsoever

ok i'm usually not this kind of guy but I LOVE HUNTER AND SHARKIES FUND/SUPPORT NEW CONTENT AND THUS THE HUNTER IF R* EVER RELEASES IT

Back on topic; it's power. Being able to fart on the faces of Day 1 players over and over again with no consequence might be fun to some breed of people. While i don't mod/cheat GTAO myself (permaban n sh*t) i did tinker GTA SA once, and destroying those wretched police mavericks over and over with meteors felt good, so i assume its the same with GTAO?

i got bored after 30 mins of pure meteor destruction though. I don't get why people kept dragging on beyond that point.

DangerZ0neX

It takes way too long to make money to get everything you want in GTA Online. Don't believe me? Let me show you Exhibit A...

maxresdefault.jpg

Exhibit B...

actual_1445340437.jpg

• Like 3

The prices were higher simply because Heists allow for easier opportunities to earn easy money in a short time frame...
prices were already high before heist got released, since heist they just got higher and higher and higher.

If you want to own EVERYTHING, yes they are pretty high, but if you only want to own maybe 1 vehicle per Update or 2 vehicles per Update they really aren't that high and acceptable, I never ever had to grind in this game and I own pretty much all I want, in spite of a Hydra, and that by just playing Double Cash Events, Adversary Modes and Free Mode Events.

ok i'm usually not this kind of guy but I LOVE HUNTER AND SHARKIES FUND/SUPPORT NEW CONTENT AND THUS THE HUNTER IF R* EVER RELEASES IT

That's true, but from a gameplay perspective, I still don't see the difference between boosting cash with a shark card and boosting cash with a glitch/mod.

If you could pay Rockstar for the ability to blow up all players (just like modders do), it would still be cheating wouldn't it? Even if it did fund Rockstar.

I have no problem with people who buy the cards, or with people who glitch money. Neither really affect me anyway.

Rockstar Games made it really hard to get a proper amount of money after the billionares era. Normally, I would get online, play Coveted for thirty times and I would already have enough money to purchase some new clothes and vehicles. But since they screwed up the payout with the missions and it is kinda hard to make a decent amount of money with the heists, people started cheating. In every session on the older generation consoles you will atleast find one cheater. I guess if they didn't mess around with the payouts and if the price of new clothes and vehicles wouldn't be sky high that they wouldn't have had so many chearers on their servers.

I have both on PS4, a primary account which I have invested +80 days into building up both a male and female character and I've collected and unlock everything I can. And then I have a modded account just to test paint jobs, different car mods etc without wasting money. But it's low rank and you'd never know it's modded unless you looked at my outfits and garages. It also gave me access to the old ground fireworks, which are great fun (no idea why R* don't release them during fireworks events).

So many modded accounts showing up on PS4 theses days, I guess everyone is transferring across from PS3 since the DLCs have stopped. I even reported my own modded account 2 months ago and never heard anything from R*. So on PS4 at least your safe with a modded account.

EDIT: also it's just a game, and in a few years the servers will be brought down and you wont even have access to your account so I wouldn't get to attached to your perfect, unmodded, non-glitched account, it doesn't mean sh*t to anybody but yourself!

Edited by The_Big_Show
  • Like 2

If you're a hard working man, last thing you want to do is come home and have to work hard in a video game. So hacking/glitching or whatever a fair amount of money so you can have fun instead of grinding is completely fine in my opinion.

If you're a hard working man, last thing you want to do is come home and have to work hard in a video game. So hacking/glitching or whatever a fair amount of money so you can have fun instead of grinding is completely fine in my opinion.

You could just play the numerous Adversary Moes, Free Mode Events, VIP Missions, Deathmatches and Races that are availeable in the game, have fun with them AND earn money along the way.

I will never understand how people play this game and do not enjoy the core gameplay mechanics, driving, shooting, flying etc.

I also do not understand how better cars, apartments or yachts have to do with the fun you have in a game, for me the GAMEPLAY is the fun part, not buying stuff.

Wall/under the map/missing body parts glitchers are sweaty tryhards, money glitchers are selfish incompetents and modders are not even gamers.

Edited by Sencha
  • Like 1

SophistiKat

Yeah, about that...does reporting even work, especially if it's coming just from one player?

I too will let modders know when I encounter them that they have been reported, but they just laugh it off, saying R* ignores most reports.

90% of the sessions have modders.

Just a few minutes ago, an abomination of a modder made my game crash by overloading me with clones, but I did manage to report him right before that.

And I want to know, is it even worth taking the time to report them?

Semaj 2JZ♢

No self control. Lack of ability. Bullsh*t excuses. Low self-esteem, and mostly the overwhelmingly amount of losing they suffer from in their everyday lives. I was a young stupid cheater once, but only in SP games. The gameshark/codebreaker were my go-to's. Never cheated at a game including real life participants, tho. I'm not that much of a sadistic freak.

Edited by RedDagger

Cheats: Bad.

No Cheats: Good.

Integrity V's No Integrity.

It's not difficult.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Because they can.

• Like 2