Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,696 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SpriteFan274

GTA III Special Vehicle Guide

MM KJ
Posted (edited)

Could you swap Stretch with something else? If it's difficult, swap Manana and Cheetah, Manana has a shorter build. Should work.

About the Securicar, ram it into back and left garage wall as much as you can, it should remain untouched then.

Edited by MM KJ

ClaudeIzABadAzz

If it's difficult, swap Manana and Cheetah, Manana has a shorter build. Should work.

Thank you sir, this worked for me just fine. Since SpriteFan274 refuses to help me, I am very grateful that you have come to my aid :)

MM KJ

I wouldn't say he refuses, he's rather just busier than usual. But anytime, mate.

SpriteFan274
Posted (edited)

3Oy67bX.jpg?1

yj7hS6Y.png

The AP Cheetah keps disappearing since it was too near the Garage Door, I believe. In the Photos above the AP Cheetah gets touched by the Garage Door a bit, but doesn't disappear.

About the BP/FP Securicar, this damaging nonsense happened to me aswell, it depends on how it's inside, so you need to fiddle it around in the Place until it doesn't get damaged anymore.

Plus, Lethal Vaccine (Mors) has made Videos on how to store the SSV Vehicles while he was obtaining them in his Videos. Here's the

. Notice that it's all done in Video Form, so you can clearly see what's happening, how the Vehicles are stored, etc.
Edited by SpriteFan274

ClaudeIzABadAzz

The SI garage refuses to close unless I enter another vehicle because of my BP Barracks OL. Due to this, there is a chance that a vehicle may disappear. Anyone know how I can fix that?

ZvUP7DY.png

MM KJ

This is quite difficult, as the Barracks is simply long enough for the garage door to damage it, however you decide to park it. What helped me though, is that I parked it other way around, like nose inside and back gets damaged by door. Why it seemed better for me? Bcs whenever the back got damaged (u can't 100% avoid it fsr :(), vehicle didn't disappear and it's still in my garage. Though when the nose got damaged, it disappeared pretty easily like the securicar (securicar, damaged from back, still disappeared for me though.)

SpriteFan274
Posted (edited)

Lethal Vaccine's III Bonus Video and BP/DP Barracks OL Videos show how to store the Barracks OL with the Trashmaster in the Staunton Island Garage. Its Nose is always outside of the Garage, meaning it's always sticking out a bit, thus you NEED a Vehicle to Force Close the Garage.

It won't disappear, unless you save the Game with the Garage Door open...

Also, the BP Barracks OL can be made a BP/DP Barracks OL, thus its Nose will never get damaged...

I mean, does anyone even watch Lethal Vaccine's Videos on the Guides? He shows EVERYTHING when it comes to III (not just that, but also VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, and TBoGT), plus he has done A LOT for the Guides for making these Videos, which I highly appreciate.

Edited by SpriteFan274

iguaan
Posted (edited)

I've finished my own personal collection, been collecting them in Chain Game rounds for some time now and I decided to start building my own personal collection. I also want to thank you for taking your time in creating these guides, they look like a ton of work to put together (also Lethal Vaccine and others for creating video guides).

List

Portland: BP Patriot

Staunton Island: BP Barracks OL; BP/FP Bomb Trashmaster; BP/EP/FP Cheetah; EC Dark Red Cheetah; BP/EP/FP Bobcat; EC Black Rumpo

Shoreside Vale: Unique Corpse Manana; AP/EC Black Stretch; BP/FP Securicar; EC Teal Kuruma; DP/EP Dark Red Infernus; Unique RC Bandit

9Zsvvmt.jpg

8vWPkyP.jpg

WRB6104.jpg

Edited by iguaan

SpriteFan274

I saw you participate in the III Chain Games!

Nice Save! Though, the Saves in the Collections Post have to be 100% Saves, I see that you still have some Missions not done. Plus, while you're at it, you should convert some Vehicles to DP. These Vehicles are the BP Patriot, BP Barracks OL, BP/EP/FP Cheetah, EC Cheetah, BP/EP/FP Bobcat, EC Rumpo, and EC Kuruma. Well, you could also get the Corpse Manana in DP Form too, but it's not recommended to do that since you wouldn't be able to see the Body in the Trunk clearly (except if you blow up the Corpse Manana).

III is simple, and I suggest that you just finish it fully to 100%.

iguaan

I saw you participate in the III Chain Games!

Nice Save! Though, the Saves in the Collections Post have to be 100% Saves, I see that you still have some Missions not done. Plus, while you're at it, you should convert some Vehicles to DP. These Vehicles are the BP Patriot, BP Barracks OL, BP/EP/FP Cheetah, EC Cheetah, BP/EP/FP Bobcat, EC Rumpo, and EC Kuruma. Well, you could also get the Corpse Manana in DP Form too, but it's not recommended to do that since you wouldn't be able to see the Body in the Trunk clearly (except if you blow up the Corpse Manana).

III is simple, and I suggest that you just finish it fully to 100%.

I was actually planning to get it to 100%, will probably finish it off in a few days since it's so short. I was also planning to try out The Exchange AP conversion as well, I'll see how that goes.

Lethal Vaccine

Lol, the only hard part about III is STORING the Special Vehicles and having them fully converted to DP (except BP/FP Securicar, Unique Corpse Manana, and BP/FP Trashmaster). Why do you think for this game, I decided to KEEP the Special Vehicles for the Playthrough I was recording? It seems people don't have many issues obtaining anything in III, but have issues storing it all...

With that said, if you do a 53% Starter Save, the entire Save from 53% to 100% with all 13 Special Vehicles should only take a Week or less. It's so short and can't be easier...

ClaudeIzABadAzz

It seems people don't have many issues obtaining anything in III, but have issues storing it all...

I second that.

Lethal Vaccine
Posted (edited)

I was actually planning to get it to 100%, will probably finish it off in a few days since it's so short. I was also planning to try out The Exchange AP conversion as well, I'll see how that goes.

You try it yet? I am wondering if anyone has tried this out other than the Video for the Guide showing it?

I am sort of glad it's only on PC as I always prefer OBTAINING Special Vehicles no matter what their Properties are. I don't like doing Conversions over and over since it's very boring to me. So a basic EC Vehicle without any Properties is the same in terms of value to me as an AP Vehicle. Same goes for any GTA...

Edited by Lethal Vaccine

iguaan
Posted (edited)

I had alot more to do than I expected these past days and then GTAF went under maintenance aswell.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:04 PM, Lethal Vaccine said:

You try it yet? I am wondering if anyone has tried this out other than the Video for the Guide showing it?

I am sort of glad it's only on PC as I always prefer OBTAINING Special Vehicles no matter what their Properties are. I don't like doing Conversions over and over since it's very boring to me. So a basic EC Vehicle without any Properties is the same in terms of value to me as an AP Vehicle. Same goes for any GTA...

I tried it out and it works as expected, but it's not a pleasant process, especially if you were to do it without the provided AHK script which shows you what vehicles take what slot. Here is how it would be without the script: in case you have 6 vehicles in a garage (by the time you get to The Exchange, you probably will), you have a 1/6 chance to get the vehicle you want (even less, for me it actually only worked for the Stretch (already AP!) and the EC Teal Kuruma in SSV garage). You could make this process much easier by using the Portland garage to store your 1 vehicle that you want to convert, but then every time you fail it, you'd have to drive it all the way to Catalina. 

I agree with you on the conversion part, I much prefer purely collecting, when you can convert any vehicle into something special, other cars become less special (for me, some here might disagree), especially with AP's - they're the most valuable.

As I said, I only wanted to try out the AP conversion method, it's not terrible but it's tedious unless you're using the Portland garage, which I did not, it's mostly trial and error (hope you get your car in slot 1, start mission, spam replay, hopefully your car becomes the helicopter, if not restart from 0), so I converted our beloved EC Teal Kuruma into an AP/EC Teal Kuruma, it'd be cool if it kept the red helicopter flashing light from the mission (image)

spoiler%5D

I have also converted most eligible vehicles into DP aswell while I was getting the 100% completion.

List:

Portland: BP/DP Patriot;
Staunton Island: BP Barracks OL, BP/FP Bomb Trashmaster, AP Cheetah(front), EC Dark Cheetah, BP/EP/FP Bobcat, EC Black Rumpo;
Shoreside Vale: Unique Corpse Manana, AP/EC Black Stretch, BP/FP Securicar, AP/EC Teal Kuruma, DP/EC Dark Red Infernus, Unique RC Bandit

G3Pqdcb.jpg
dfc77Qb.jpg
t154D9n.jpg

I have kept 2 save files right now, one before and one after The Exchange, I might return later to convert everything possible into AP, some of the vehicles can still be converted to DP but atm I'm not interested in trying to cram the vehicles back in after I spent quite some time fixing up my Staunton garage.

On 5/20/2018 at 2:44 PM, Lethal Vaccine said:

Lol, the only hard part about III is STORING the Special Vehicles and having them fully converted to DP (except BP/FP Securicar, Unique Corpse Manana, and BP/FP Trashmaster). Why do you think for this game, I decided to KEEP the Special Vehicles for the Playthrough I was recording? It seems people don't have many issues obtaining anything in III, but have issues storing it all...

With that said, if you do a 53% Starter Save, the entire Save from 53% to 100% with all 13 Special Vehicles should only take a Week or less. It's so short and can't be easier...

To each their own, I can't stand doing paramedic and taxi missions over and over again; but I admire your dedication.

Edited by iguaan

SpriteFan274

Awesome Save, awesome Job, iguaan!

Yeah, the AP III Conversion can be quite Luck Based trying to get your Vehicle in Vehicle Pool Slot 1, but it doesn't look too bad. If the AP Conversion was possible on PS2, I'd only have an AP Dodo, AP Firetruck, and AP Blista. I wouldn't mix the AP Conversion with the Traditional Saves that I have, I still prefer the DP Conversion over the AP Conversion since for every Vehicle converted to AP, you'd need to fail The Exchange, while no Stats Penalties exist for the DP Conversion. Funny enough, the AP Conversion makes the BP/FP Securicar Inferior, since you could obtain the EC Black Trim Securicar from Decoy with a Pass, and then make it into an AP/EC Black Trim Securicar lol. Honestly, I like collecting the Vehicles more than just converting them.

I see you made the EC Teal Kuruma into an AP/EC Teal Kuruma. Nice! Though if you were doing a Starter Save, you'd have to make it an DP/EC Teal Kuruma to get it to Shoreside Vale, unless you're using the Boat Pushing Technique, which is less reliable than the Porter Tunnel Ghost Vehicle Trick.

If you didn't know, you could make the BP Barracks OL into a BP/DP Barracks OL, it would be that much better and it wouldn't make the Dents from the Garage Door at all. Making the Barracks OL into DP also helps obtaining the BP/EP/FP Bobcat, which can be an AP Bobcat using the DP Conversion. Though I see your Staunton Island Garage is crammed, so making the Vehicles DP would give some difficulties, so honestly you should've made them DP during the Story, right after obtaining them.

Also, about the Maintance. Unfortunately the GTAForums v4 New Layout has made my Guides messy, things are our of order, Videos cover the whole Screen instead of Links. I fixed the Links in the III Guide, but then I see my Edits are shown as Activity on my Profile, which I do not like having. Also, the biggest Issue with the New Forums I have in the Guides is the "Blue Background" Glitch which you can see in the III Collections Post. I don't know how to get rid of it, since there is no more this "Reset Text" Button when editing or making Posts anymore.

With these Issues, I'd rather want to make one new "GTA Series Special Vehicle Guide" Topic in the Grand Theft Auto Section, there I'd have the III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and CW Guides all in one Place, each and every Vehicle explained, plus I'd make the How to Obtain Sections in Paragraphs, plus have a Glitches & Notes Section in the OP explaining Basic things like Garages and OM0 in each GTA Game, so I won't have to copy-paste huge walls of Texts in the How to Obtain Sections like before.

Of course, Collection Posts would be there too. So I won't update the III Guide now with your Save, iguaan, but I will instead put it on the GTA Series Guide. While doing the Project, I'd like to have my 9 Guides Locked, NOT removed since I will need to grab Information from the Guides, but once I finish it, the 9 Guides will be removed from the Sticky Post Position.

Lethal Vaccine
Posted (edited)

Yeah, f*ck the GTA Series Special Vehicle Guide, meaning posting it in the GTA Series Section where a bunch of ungrateful f*cktards frequent daily.  You'll get comments in them by the wrong people saying the usual dumb sh*t I've heard over the past few years on this Forum like "who obtains Special Vehicles when we have Save Editors, Trainers, Mods, CLEO Scripts and other Tools to spawn these Vehicles with the click of some buttons?!"  "These Guides are useless, they serve no purpose!"  You'll be reporting tons of Posts daily/weekly if you decide to make a Guide like that for that Section...Just slowly but surely fix all the issues the Forum Upgrade caused and have everything back to normal like it was before...

@iguaan, awesome stuff!  Like SpriteFan274 said, you should of been converting things to DP as you obtained them.  If you wait, then you'll run into a lot of issues since the Garages will be too packed by then when dealing with Ghost Vehicles.  For instance, after I reach "Grand Theft Auto" and obtain the 3 DP/EC Sports Cars, I have 6 Special Vehicles fully converted inside the SSV Garage with 3 Special Vehicles fully converted inside the SI Garage and ready to put the 3 DP/EC Sports Cars inside it, as well, with making them DP.  You can easily use the EMPTY Portland Garage to get rid of the Ghost Effect on each one of the Sports Cars, then drive them to SI once they are already DP/EC and store them there.  Thus after Grand Theft Auto and making the Sports Cars DP/EC, you would now have the SI and SSV Garages completely filled and all of them fully converted which leaves only the BP Patriot to obtain and making it BP/DP and putting it in the Portland Garage and giving you 13 in total and fully converted.  All of this is shown in my Video for Grand Theft Auto.  It takes about 40 Minutes to do this, though.  However, I see you wanted that Unique RC Bandit for the Save.  I don't think that Vehicle is very worthy to be in a 1st Save File and rather a 2nd Save File, but it's your choice of course.  I much rather a BP/DP Patriot than an EP/EC Securicar or a BP/DP Patriot than a Unique RC Bandit.  Those need Mission Failures and are 2nd Save File Material for me.  Afterall, there is only 15 Special Vehicles or so in III, so if you do a 53% Starter Save and then just do the game to 100% twice, you'll have EVERYTHING possible in GTA III and can put it to bed forever.  I have EVERYTHING in III, however, I am missing some ONE TIME ONLY DP Vehicles.  Like a DP Police, DP Enforcer, etc, etc.  I do have the DP/EC Black FBI Car, though.  DP Ambulance is actually not one time only, despite being an Emergency Vehicle.  Emergency Vehicles are problematic for DP Conversion since it interferes with Taxi Driver thus you need to use Mission Scripted Passengers from the Story Missions in order to make these DP but if you're 100% already, you can't.  That is why some random Vehicles converted to DP are nice to get, but I did NOT get such things in my 2nd Save File.  I should of, but oh well, what's done is done.  I am not too worried about it, either way...

With that said, out of ALL Special Vehicles to exist and when fully converted, I find the BP/DP Barracks OL to be my favorite and my go-to Special Vehicle when I boot up GTA III and my 100% Saves and mess around...

If I cared to assemble PC Save Files, I surely would try the AP Conversion, but like what was mentioned already, I wouldn't care for 13 AP Vehicles and sh*t like that.  I'd rather have just a few, but some interesting stuff like the AP Dodo (maybe), AP Fire Truck, AP Blista, etc, etc...

Edited by Lethal Vaccine