3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

niltwill

GTA Vice City - Updated SCM

ernestin1

try to simply edit your comment to avoid double post, and yes, looks like MC tommy got removed

have you tried img tool?

Xamerkller

Yep,i did,but it ***** my game.

Xamer356

Ooops,i was on my alt ACCOUNT (Xamerkller) Sorry,and as İ said, it ****** my game.

spartaque12

is this mod compatible with vice cry 1.8?
should i change anything from extra?

ernestin1

is this mod compatible with vice cry 1.8?

should i change anything from extra

as long as Vice Cry dosent changes the original main.scm it should work

ernestin1

Hey niltwill, Any updates for the mod? i put some suggestions up there, i dont know if you find some of them appropiate

Ribsey

Really torn on whether to try this or not. Love the idea of the changes but I'm worried of overall stability and whether or not it's a good idea if you plan to replay a save in future.

Edit: Has the memory been altered? The 1st of 2 vehicles you use tend to disappear (for example if you have a car at a hospital, do Paramedic and find it to have vanished at some point during the side mission).

Edited by Ribsey

Xamer356

I used IMG Factory and imported the stuff in,supply & demand crashes.I used ps2 ruger but it didnt change as well.

Anyhelp?

Xamer356

I used IMG Factory and imported the stuff in,supply & demand crashes.I used ps2 ruger but it didnt change as well.

Anyhelp?

I finally fixed it.Yay! :lol: Also why did you remove the MC Tommy model? Cant we get in now in 1.8c???

Rachel Amber

To use MC-Tommy you gotta use older version now.

Edited by Rachel Amber

SF117

The CLEO scripts are only needed if using the save-compatible file, right?

Edited by SF117

niltwill

All that in the 'cleo' folder under 'save_friendly_scm', like "colonel_speeder.cs" or "pizzabike.cs" might be used only then.

Also, let me bump to v1.9

Hope you can enjoy the new release!

Edit: Has the memory been altered? The 1st of 2 vehicles you use tend to disappear (for example if you have a car at a hospital, do Paramedic and find it to have vanished at some point during the side mission).

Only in some CLEO scripts. And with any mod might come instability. There's always a price to pay. Nevertheless, modding can be fun, but I don't usually play the game that much nowadays, and have infrequent activity spikes.

Edited by niltwill

Rachel Amber

Could you remove "MC-Tommy" and randomized cars changes... Please they really sucks. :/

Edited by Rachel Amber

niltwill

The thing is, you can remove/change ANYTHING that you want to, the source is there for it. DIY, instead of expecting me to do everything, invest some effort yourself. If I could do it (no, I'm not a programmer), you can too. It's not that hard, you simply need Sanny Builder and examine the latest commits (to undo MC Tommy and the randomized race, you simply need to remove some lines and bring back some others). This goes to everyone that is not pleased with a particular change or alteration. "I'm not a coder" is a convenient excuse, but such excuses are the obstacles that stop you from achieving things. If I had that attitude from the start, do you think this mod could ever have happened in the first place?

To clarify, I am not going to obey every little nagging and maintain a hundred little different editions, because something or somethings are simply not up to your own or someone else's personal preference. Remember, someone recently requested MC Tommy model? That's why it's back. Also because I found Kalvin's model, edited it a bit, and would have liked it to be in game, personally. That's all. Someone else would prefer Lance's strip club dialogue instead of the damaged car audio line, etc. etc. There is NO end to this! So there are clashing needs ongoing here, obviously can't please everyone. In which case I recommend you to bake your own SCM with your own preferences and stop asking me to do it. Customize it on your own instead.

(For more elaboration, read the OP of this thread.)

Also, minor update: v1.9a is out for a little fix in "The Shootist".

Rachel Amber

Also instead making Tommy's outfit revert to Casual from a Cop one you should make a notification "Come back when not wearing a Cop outfit" instead that would be better and more GTA-Style fitting. :)

Edited by Rachel Amber

niltwill

In a better mental condition now (yes, I'm "known to be crazy"), so that's done in v1.9b (see OP). Only problem is: it requires a new game, so it is not save-friendly SCM compatible either (nor will your old save games work from v1.9a). You decide whether it's worth the trouble to start a new game again just for this change.

Also, here is a main.scm that does not have randomized race cars and MC Tommy for NOskillx.

Edited by niltwill

spartaque12

hey guys is it possible to use my own dowbikershop.dff? cuz im using vice cry where this interior already opened , i tried to delete this file and use vice cry .dff , nothing helped to me :(

niltwill

What's the problem, exactly? Game crashes while loading? If so, do you use the save-friendly SCM? That's the one to use if you want to load save games you have with the original game (I recommend to create a backup of your save files before using it first, though).

Rachel Amber

Niltwil does a separated scm without MC-Tommy have this latest change with "Come back when not wearing a cop outfit" ?

Also Niltwill game crash if you get out of taxi in latest version (with my no random cars and MC-Tommy) i dont know how it look like in standard update, fix it if you can and also it crash only when fare is not in Taxi.

And another bug you can't cancel taxi side mission on foot with 2 only caps lock work and 2 should work on foot 2 it work in car.

Edited by Rachel Amber

Jitterdoomer

When subtitling the Love Fist's lines, did they just translate the Scottish slang words or it was a mistake on the script?

Edited by Jitterdoomer

RegistaG

Is there a mod that this one is not compatible with because my game keeps crashing, not on loading screen, but while im playing, I have 1.8v installed, should i install the latest version ?

Kurropt Antagonist

Buying the El Swanko Casa property places you on the save point. Once you save or exit, you're immediately placed back on it, becoming stuck in an unbreakable loop.

Update: Okay, if you take off running and jumping immediately after buying the property, you can avoid getting stuck in a save screen loop. Just never, ever save there!

Still an issue.

niltwill

Niltwil does a scm for me have this latest change with come back when wearing cop outfit ? thanks

EDIT: Also Niltwill Game Crash if you get out of taxi in latest version (with my no random cars and mc tommy ) i dont know how it look like in original update fix it if you can also it crash only when fare is not in cab

edit 2: Also another bug you can't cancel taxi mission on foot with 2 only caps lock work and 2 should work on foot 2 it work in car

The taxi is a major PITA to get it right, but it should be fixed in the newest version now. Also it will no longer crash when you blow up (destroy) the vehicle while on foot (and passenger is sitting inside).

As for cancelling, there is no "sub-mission" available on foot, so what you need to press is the "look behind" key instead (pressing the middle mouse button [scroll wheel] works to me, for example, among with Caps Lock).

When subtitling the Love Fist's lines, did they just translate the Scottish slang words or it was a mistake on the script?

Those subtitles are like that now to reflect the way they actually talked. Original subtitles are in English. So if I understand your question, then yes, they did translate the Scottish slang words into English (probably because how not everyone is familiar with some slang speech). If it's a problem, it can always be changed back.

Is there a mod that this one is not compatible with because my game keeps crashing, not on loading screen, but while im playing, I have 1.8v installed, should i install the latest version ?

Latest version might help. And which mods do you use? Large TCs or modifications can respond very sensitively when altered. You can try to use only vanilla VC + latest UpdatedSCM and see if it still keeps crashing.

Buying the El Swanko Casa property places you on the save point. Once you save or exit, you're immediately placed back on it, becoming stuck in an unbreakable loop.

Update: Okay, if you take off running and jumping immediately after buying the property, you can avoid getting stuck in a save screen loop. Just never, ever save there!

Still an issue.

Can't reproduce that issue, I'm afraid. That's after saving the game there more times, Tommy never spawns on the save icon in my game. Anyone else? FYI, that save point was never altered in any way, it's totally the original code.

There is an easy way to check if UpdatedSCM is at fault: use only default, vanilla VC too and check if you still have that behavior, and if yes, that would prove this mod is not at fault. And even if it is (for some reason), be aware that you use a mod, and mods are unofficial and prone to disrupt the flow of the game, so there may appear some corner cases of rare bugs that reduce from the experience or even cause a game crash from time to time. Can't cast magic here to solve such woes.

Still, let's see what might be tweaked about it, some relevant lines:

$573 = 428.4 // floating-point values$574 = 605.9 // floating-point values$575 = 12.2 // floating-point values[...]$662 = Pickup.Create(#PICKUPSAVE, 3, $573, $574, $575)0395: clear_area 1 at 428.4 609.1 range 12.0 1.00055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 428.4 609.1 12.0

As you can see, the Y coord is 609.1 for the player, not 605.9, so the player should not be exactly at where the save icon is. To demonstrate,

the difference in where the save point is and where the player spawns is a distance like this:

distance.jpg

So I doubt that changing any of this would solve anything for you. There is no problem with the code in the first place.

Nevertheless, those two lines may be changed to:

0395: clear_area 1 at 428.373 608.9806 range 11.6898 1.00055: put_player $PLAYER_CHAR at 428.373 608.9806 11.6898

...as that's used in 'BUYPRO5'. The differences are still negligible:

distance2.jpg

I changed it to that one anyway in newest version (v1.9c), but like I said, I doubt this will solve anything in your case. I suspect there is something else at play that produces this behavior in your game.

Kurropt Antagonist

Just tried 1.9b on a clean install: no problem.

Now I think this might be happening because I have the main.scm loaded through modloader. I'll test this out shortly.

Update: Okay I think this Wardrobe Mod was the problem. Removed it, started a new game on my modded install and was able to purchase and save multiple times with no problems.

Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

piko

I'm not sure is this issue related to the scm, but my game freezes when I pick up 20th hidden package, every time..

E: I got it to work after clean install of the game

Btw, is it possible to make it random which of the 3 Hotring Racers you will get in Sunshine Autos ( like hotrina,hotrinb or hotring)?

E2: Game now crashes at the beginning cutscene of Rub Out..

Edited by piko

Kurropt Antagonist

Anyone else running VCLF able to play The Fastest Boat? I get the opening cutscene but when you regain control the mission doesn't actually start. Mission runs fine on vanilla installs or with VCLF disabled.

Jitterdoomer

Does anyone encounter the game freeze on the mission "The Job"? After the bank dispatched the SWAT Teams and after we got out, the game freezes on black screen, the cutscene of where Hilary (the getaway driver) got killed by the SWAT Teams didn't play. It played normally on a vanilla game.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

Kurropt Antagonist

Does anyone encounter the game freeze on the mission "The Job"? After the bank dispatched the SWAT Teams and after we got out, the game freezes on black screen, the cutscene of where Hilary (the getaway driver) got killed by the SWAT Teams didn't play. It played normally on a vanilla game.

Are you using Vice City the Leftovers Fixes? Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

Jitterdoomer

Yes it's in the modloader folder.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

Kurropt Antagonist

Try disabling it and playing the mission. I'm having similar issues with other missions and VCLF seems to be the culprit.