3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

niltwill

GTA Vice City - Updated SCM

niltwill
It's pretty easy to predict when the change breaks saves, and double-tapping would not (though it'd have to be a bit modified). That's why I wanted to ship it with a friendly SCM too.

Try loading a saved game from v1.6's SCM and see what happens...it did crash for me. Then again, it might just be in my game.

GeneralSteve93

I have a problem when starting "Guardian Angels" mission: When I tried to start the mission,I got nothing but a black screen (no game crash,just black screen).Is that problem related to Updated SCM?

Edited by GeneralSteve93

Silent

It's pretty easy to predict when the change breaks saves, and double-tapping would not (though it'd have to be a bit modified). That's why I wanted to ship it with a friendly SCM too.

Try loading a saved game from v1.6's SCM and see what happens...it did crash for me. Then again, it might just be in my game.

Yes it does - which means friendly scm isn't friendly anymore ;-)

niltwill

I have a problem when starting "Guardian Angels" mission: When I tried to start the mission,I got nothing but a black screen (no game crash,just black screen).Is that problem related to Updated SCM?

Maybe yes, if you use the Steam version. This mod is based on the original VC game's main.scm, which may be an issue if you use the Steam edition. I dunno, I never had the Steam version. If the SCM is different, then yeah.

My first search with "vice city mission black screen" brought up this topic. From there, I followed the link to the "Bug list with solutions" topic, and it's listed as prob. #30, it says:

Problem 30:

Game displays a black screen when loading a saved game or starting a mission-- this problem may be specific to Windows 7 OS and/or a particular video card.

Solution: Turn the frame limiter ON in your settings-- you can turn if back off during missions after the cut scene but if you have this problem try this solution. Source.

Solution 2: It has been reported that turning on the frame limiter can cause other issues affecting game performance-- an alternate solution for this (and possibly any other issue with a "Frame Limiter" solution is to go into your video card's settings and "Force ON" Vsync (aka Vertical Sync)-- and apparently this will allow you to play with the frame limiter off.

For specific instructions on how to do this on your card-- either search on google for: force on vsync [Enter your card maker brand-- ie ATI, Nvidea, etc and/or your card model]--- or can also search youtube this way-- a quick search yielded me several videos that will walk you through how to enable that setting.

Silent

Steam VC SCM is identical to retail.

Gravarty

Steam VC SCM is identical to retail.

not quite, well at least my GTA VC retail .scm is different.. Actually it's broken! The game crashes if you start the mission "Dildo Dodo" & the Ammu-Nation Weapon selector.

And yes, it's a real copy :D

Edited by countergame

EiF0hn

Yeah, that's probably because you're using an uncut .exe combined with a cut german .scm :) Had the same issue, fixed it by using a 1.0 US version of VC

Edited by EiF0hn

Forever L

What the hell's MC Tommy looked like? I haven't seen it around the internet what that outfit looked like. It's probably the same as Havana outfit but with Biker theme or something.

Yes, MC Tommy is probably like a biker outfit. I wouldn't mind if a modeller could add some glasses to cover the eyes and some tattoos on the arms. One might use these textures as a starting point..

It is very interesting if it had come this outfit biker default. As well as several more. Thanks to @niltwill, gave me the inspiration to make one based on your model.

ogmir9.jpg

Silent

Why is the iconic yellow Oceaning from Ocean View Hotel in randomized colours now? :cry::cry::cry:

The____Mostwanted

can't extract 1.6b :X :sui:

error : C:\Users\Largo\Downloads\Compressed\UpdatedSCM_V1.6b.zip: The archive is corrupt

Edited by I.M.MeHDi

niltwill

That Oceanic's color change is BeckermannDewitt's whim. Ask him. Slowly working on v1.7, until then, it can be changed yourself.

As for the corrupt archive, it extracts fine to me.

The____Mostwanted

does phnom phen is hard to pass or im just a nab ? ? the hole day stuck on it :X

spartaque12

why noone can record gameplay with that mod?

B_Smiles

Oh, wow I actually managed to sign in via my phone. Anyway, @niltwill, i'm at work atm, but i'll send the new updates to you once i get back + update log

EDIT - scm sent. @silent, would you be able to help with restoring the unused phonecalls / dialogue?

Edited by BeckermannDewitt

Silent

Just please don't recolour any more iconic parked cars :D

Ss4gogeta0

"Things to Do in Vice City" (TTDIVC) Confirmed :p

gtaplayer02012

This is a interesting add on to the game. I was wondering though if San Andreas and 3 will be getting a similar treatment. I know there is a mod called TTDISA for SA but that has like liberty city stories / vice city stories updates into them and it would not make sense to add them since they came out after San Andreas.

Bump since there is rarely any activity in the comment section now

Jitterdoomer

Supply & Demand has an unused cutscene and audio that appears after you arrived at the boat full of Diaz's supplies, this unused cutscene really made this mission a lot of sense because that's all Diaz's drugs on the boat to sell anything for the buyers in which Tommy and Lance took all of his drug supplies before the Cubans took over the boat to steal his drug supplies and ruin Diaz's drug dealing opportunities, it'll be interesting to add this in the update:

Edited by Jitterdoomer

Silent

@silent, would you be able to help with restoring the unused phonecalls / dialogue?

Noticed this just now - sure, I guess.

EDIT:

This unused cutscene seems to have all data and EXE references left behind - so it's most likely literally ready to use as is.

Edited by Silent

Forever L

Woop!

Parenthetically about this, is it possible to change the intro cutscene (when they arrive at the office of Ken) by the cutscene that is not used? Animation is the int_m2.ifp
But hey, this would be rather a beta, because there is no audio in the game files.

George Costanza

this really starts to feel like TTDIVC. Great job!

Silent

Parenthetically about this, is it possible to change the intro cutscene (when they arrive at the office of Ken) by the cutscene that is not used? Animation is the int_m2.ifp

I've been thinking about it but indeed, if there is no audio, then it's probably a no. should decide though.

B_Smiles

Woop!

Silent = Secret R* developer

By the way Silent, this might be of use for you regarding the unused stuff (except the snoring sound from no escape, as I've done that already)

https://tcrf.net/Grand_Theft_Auto:_Vice_City/Unused_Audio

Edited by B_Smiles

Jitterdoomer

Woop!

Let's make Supply & Demand took place during sunny daytime because of the seagull sound in the cutscene. Edited by Jitterdoomer

Rachel Amber

Woop!

Silent i dont know what to say... you should be working at R*... or maybe not because you dont breaking stuff like them. And oh... yes Kalvin. :p Edited by Rachel Amber

gts.

Woop!

Cookie monsta saved the day again!

Jitterdoomer

I found a game breaking bug: After you get the big score at the mission "The Job", the game freezes without an unhandled exception error message.

Also the Haitian snipers on the mission "Cannon Fodder", one of them had a Ruger sound.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

B_Smiles

Also the Haitian snipers on the mission "Cannon Fodder", one of them had a Ruger sound.

ah, sh*t, the sniper sound in guardian angels is shared in this mission too. Shouldnt be hard to designate two sounds

niltwill

After a long time, updated this to v1.7, see OP.