3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

niltwill

GTA Vice City - Updated SCM

Jitterdoomer

Yeah it'll make sense that to make a change a model for the drug dealer in "Love Juice" instead of the generic pedestrian model (guy in red shirt and white pants) because that model doesn't even suit for such drug dealer. For me, the pedestrian model for that drug dealer is this:

hqdefault.jpg

This guy wasn't appeared prominently in any of the missions, since he was a criminal who was being chased by the police during freeroam.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

niltwill

That's changed too now. Any other things? As a little answer to below, I don't take requests. You do it guys. I do what I feel up to doing. No more, no less.

Edited by niltwill

Silent

Stories style R3 mission cancelling! It's a perfect design choice since pressing the button by mistake doesn't cancel the missions.

Jitterdoomer

Cabmageddon, indeed. It's faster and easier way to rack up more cash than any Emergency/Delivery missions. As in Vice City Stories, you can optionally pay bribes to bring your weapons back for $2000 without having to drive to the nearest Ammu-Nation to buy weapons again and stock up on ammo before starting a hard mission, for this one, you need to pay $5000 to bring back your weapons for balancing reasons.

Edited by Jitterdoomer

niltwill

Okay, although not tested much, but let me share v1.6 - A notable addition is the new play13 (MC Tommy)..and as usual, it requires a new game.

Edited by niltwill

Blackbird88

In mission 'Cap the Collector', Sanchez dirtbikes were changed to bulletproof Sentinel XS vehicles

I checked my calendar and it's not April 1st. What is this supposed to be if not joke? That mission is annoying enough. :sui:

Not to mention you probably didn't even warn the player they are bulletproof in the mission itself did you? :p

Edited by Blackbird88

niltwill

Oh. At least someone noticed. Try again.

Silent

Please change FIN_B5 from FINALE from

~g~The Mafia is stealing your money, defend the ~c~safe
to

~g~The Mafia is stealing your money, defend the ~x~safe.
~c~ tag doesn't exist in vanilla game (don't know why it's left in there) but GInput uses it, so it breaks the text :(

EDIT:

Edited to use an unused 'light blue' ~x~ tag which I'll change to cyan in next SilentPatch and GInput release. ~c~ was clearly meant to be cyan since the blip on the map is cyan. ~x~ is a bit too dark for that though, so since it's not used in vanilla game I'll change it.

EDIT2:

OK, altered ~x~ to look like this - notice matching colour with the blip now.

d0lhqp7l.jpg

EDIT3:

Damn this mission's initial cutscene skipping is broken... does it still show the last text when skipping it in this mod?

Edited by Silent

niltwill

Indeed, the cutscene skipping there could use some tweaking. It's your expertise, I don't want to break it. Also is it possible to add CSPlay13 to the game?

Edit: Updated with that text change.

Edited by niltwill

Silent

Also is it possible to add CSPlay13 to the game?

What'd you mean?

niltwill

A new player (cutscene) model to be recognized in cutscenes. Currently when you take the outfit of the added 'play13' (MC Tommy), the cutscenes will show CSPlay, the default player model.

Silent

Needs an ASI plugin, me thinks :(

What's play12 btw? It doesn't seem to have a cutscene model too. 100% completion outfit... makes sense it lacks a cutscene model. Pretty clever move to be honest.

EDIT:

Looks like FIN_2 skipping is not SCM issue, but more like some cutscene metadata being a bit wrong. Most likely the scene is missing some camera data which makes the game think the cutscene is a bit shorter.

That added part was a bit fishy - it'll do just fine without loading the model to slot 999 (which doesn't exist anyway and may have nasty side effects):

if	8500: not player $PLAYER_CHAR skin == 'PLAYER2'then	0352: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR skin_to 'PLAYER9'	038B: load_requested_models	0353: refresh_actor $PLAYER_ACTORend
It's comparing against PLAYER2 - that's The Party suit, yes? Makes sense. Edited by Silent

niltwill

With the 100% completion outfit not having a cutscene model, they forgot about the Pole Position Strip Club cutscene. And the file is updated again.

Blackbird88

With the 100% completion outfit not having a cutscene model, they forgot about the Pole Position Strip Club cutscene. And the file is updated again.

Does that really use CS model?

Silent

You're right, it defaults to Street outfit. What do?? I'm not sure if ig model would work here, worth a shot I guess.

EDIT:

using play12 for this cutscene flat out crashes :(

Edited by Silent

Russell_Stone

You can simply create a copy of player12 files and name them "CSPlay12". The model will not have any facial animations, but it is good as a temporary workaround.

Edited by Russell_Stone

Silent

I crashed when I tried that, might've messed something up though.

Forever L

I created a while these models (CSplay12 & CSplay13) to see how they worked. And if they worked in the Game.

Edit: I had the same problem, the cutscene was not loaded. I solved it by combining two textures into one.

bvqlw.jpg

Edited by Forever L

Silent

Looks good.

kFkwe3Bl.jpg

George Costanza

Dunno if it's bug only on my side, but whenever i switch in the intro cutscene to Escobar airport, i got stuck on splash screen, then it switches to Vice City Docks where it's just that text and then it switch in front of hotel Harrison

Edit: sorry bad model on my side

Edited by Tomasak

Jitterdoomer

What the hell's MC Tommy looked like? I haven't seen it around the internet what that outfit looked like. It's probably the same as Havana outfit but with Biker theme or something.

niltwill

Yes, MC Tommy is probably like a biker outfit. I wouldn't mind if a modeller could add some glasses to cover the eyes and some tattoos on the arms. One might use these textures as a starting point..

Silent

I take no answer about R3 mission cancelling as a yes so I'll handle it asap - will also work with friendly SCM although it'll need a bit different approach ;)

Also, think I'll change some post-mission monologues you added to asynchronous, like CLOTHx scripts which announce that clothes are now available in X. That sounds much, much better than holding on the mission for 5 seconds. Will only need a continuous player state check and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Silent

BeingARK

Umm stupid question but what are R3 mission?

Mugetsuga

Umm stupid question but what are R3 mission?

They are the sub-missions. On PS2 to activate them, it was with the right stick R3.

Edited by Mugetsuga

Silent

OK, finished!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/vc_scm_up/vcupscm_aa5fa85d1ce56005e59242f8431ae9c87c1c238b.zip

Also requires a new GXT entry:

CAN_CON Use ~h~~k~~TOGGLE_SUBMISSIONS~ ~w~again to cancel the mission.
Changelog:

• Post mission monologues in KENT1 and BARON5 are now handled by a separate script
  • All R3 submissions now require a double-tap to cancel, like in LCS and VCS

I wanted to also include doublr-tapping in friendly SCM but even an untouched friendly SCM crashes when I recompile it from the shipped source :(

Edited by Silent

Inadequate

• All R3 submissions now require a double-tap to cancel, like in LCS and VCS

That's nice. Do you will do it for III and SA too?

Silent

That's nice. Do you will do it for III and SA too?

Maybe™.

niltwill

Thank you very much, OP updated.

I wanted to also include doublr-tapping in friendly SCM but even an untouched friendly SCM crashes when I recompile it from the shipped source :(

Don't mind that too much, some code is not save-game compatible. With SCM, we might never know. It's best to start a new game if it's modified anyways. (think before you write, y'read)

Edited by niltwill

Silent

With SCM, we might never know. It's best to start a new game if it's modified anyways.

It's pretty easy to predict when the change breaks saves, and double-tapping would not (though it'd have to be a bit modified). That's why I wanted to ship it with a friendly SCM too.