Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,822 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

niltwill

GTA Vice City - Updated SCM

Jinx.

IMG Factory is ancient nowadays

No it isn't. Modloader is undoubtly the best way to install mods in VC/SA (note that I didn't include GTA 3 on purpose, there are still some bugs with txd files being unused at certain times - for more references, check aap's xbox and ps2 cars to pc thread), but that doesn't make IMG Factory ancient. Especially when it is still needed for extracting files or for map replacing mods. If anything, IMG Tool 2.0 is ancient.

If you all really like bashing IMG tools so much, then call IMG editing obsolete, as a tool is not a way to install mods.

Edited by Jinx.

Marsi4eg

fastman's img console is the best editor as for me

RedPenguen

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message. :(

ernestin1

if any user willing to update this mod further, please advise if you are adding text (i did the spanish texts additions to the original mod)

RegistaG

if any user willing to update this mod further, please advise if you are adding text (i did the spanish texts additions to the original mod)

I did some minor changes like changing the taxi to sentinel in "The Job" (it was so stupid to respray and have the car the same color) but I don't know coding that well. Such a shame the mod is dead though best VC mod there is imo.

RedPenguen

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message.

Guys i have unhandled exception message now can someone help?

Davve95

So i tried modloader and i get a unhandled exception message.

Guys i have unhandled exception message now can someone help?Post the whole log here (under a spoiler)

Edit: Nvm, my mistake. I thought I was in another topic xD.

Edited by Davve95

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Hey guys! I was wondering what this particular mod does. Since the mod author deleted all the info before I ever knew this mod existed. I saw that Rachel Amber updated this mod to 2.0b, thanks for supporting the mod!

But yeah if anyone could tell me what this mod does and if there are still any game breaking bugs or crashes that would be very helpful.

Also I am interested in downloading a HD graphics mod for this game. I heard of Vice Cry v1.8 which looks pretty good but I am not sure if something newer has been made. Since that project was finished in 2014. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ernestin1

i dont u

Hey guys! I was wondering what this particular mod does. Since the mod author deleted all the info before I ever knew this mod existed. I saw that Rachel Amber updated this mod to 2.0b, thanks for supporting the mod!

But yeah if anyone could tell me what this mod does and if there are still any game breaking bugs or crashes that would be very helpful.

Also I am interested in downloading a HD graphics mod for this game. I heard of Vice Cry v1.8 which looks pretty good but I am not sure if something newer has been made. Since that project was finished in 2014. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

i dont use hd stuff anymore for older games, i prefer to keep the original style (specifically with gta having their own made brands, i prefer hd stuff with games like Stalker)

this mod basically makes more stuff in the game to have sense, download it and on the readme you can see all the changes

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

Ok, I get ya. So it fixes all the missions so that you know what you are doing. Because if I remember correctly the missions were very vague on what you were supposed to do, so hopefully this mod fixes that. I will check it out, thanks!

But I like using HD mods on older games, makes them feel new! So does anyone else know of any other good HD mods like Vice Cry v1.8 or is vice cry the best one out there?

LaDiDa

Ok, I get ya. So it fixes all the missions so that you know what you are doing. Because if I remember correctly the missions were very vague on what you were supposed to do, so hopefully this mod fixes that. I will check it out, thanks!

But I like using HD mods on older games, makes them feel new! So does anyone else know of any other good HD mods like Vice Cry v1.8 or is vice cry the best one out there?

There's nothing great, really. Using the ps2 feels pack is probably about the best you're going to get (low res textures, but not compressed), since vice cry has some crashing potential here and there.

Rachel Amber

i would say its the best one + some other little HD texture mods

Tommy Vercetti Is #1

All right, thanks guys! Going to try it then. Looks great to me too, especially the winter edition. Always wanted to play GTA Vice City in the snow.

ernestin1

i only use hd mods for this kind of games when it comes to things such as an original style hq interface, weapon icons, fonts, radar, etc..

niltwill

After long bouts of inner conflicts, this crazy one is willing to update this now. Had a bit of a mental improvement (very hard to think and concentrate otherwise), some free time and some willingness. So I read the posts here and thus...

This is it.

As for the changes:

• Removed the buggy option to leave vehicles in ambulance, firefighter and taxi sidemissions
  • Removed randomized races in Sunshine Autos
  • Included the spanish translation now, as well as the extra 'no MC Tommy outfit' SCM file in one package
  • Vercetti's Gang car changed to Banshee from Stallion
  • In 'The Driver', Sentinel is changed to Sentinel XS, and Hilary's car speed is reverted to default
  • In 'Jury Fury', damaging the Admiral will now make the jury enter the car instead of just doing nothing
  • The bike in 'G-Spotlight' is now damage-proof
  • Fixed Juju Scramble clothes text for alternative SCM (without MC Tommy)
  • Removed alarm from ambulance and vigilante vehicles
  • Cubans entering your vehicle at the start of 'Cannon Fodder' now takes longer than two seconds
  • The third Cuban should also die now if he somewhat gets stuck while charging at the sniper running to his doom
  • Rico should now fade away at end of 'Cannon Fodder' (and also unkillable by the player during that time, since he is vital to the upcoming storyline)
  • In 'V.I.P.', fixed looped arrow marker (that's the reason behind why it seemed standstill) and delivering him with the rival taxi will no longer fail the mission
  • Fix phone glitch while picking up the call with different weapons (now should revert to fists when you answer the phone)
  • You can now skip mobile phone calls (just press the action [TAB] button while the call is ongoing)

A few remarks:

"is this possible, to fix the EASY kill way in bombs away?"

Quirks like this have to remain. The more variety the player has, the better. And that is exactly the insidious method I prefer to use in that mission.

"fix an a white police cars spawning on parkings sometimes after reaching 100% of game"

Seems to be a glitch. Also they should not spawn that much all around Vice City either. Anyway, as a dirty workaround (if this glitch occurs), you can use the "fix-white-copcars" CLEO script for this based on Jack's code in the new version I linked above.

"Haitans spawn in an a cuban's area and Cubans spawn in haitans area like 2 gangs in same area while it should be that in Little Havana spawn Cubans and in Little Haiti spawn haitan"

FYI, the zone info has never been tampered with in SCM. Could be some mod conflict. Does this happen after a mission or right from the start of the game?

"In the mission Death row sometimes you can stuck in malibu club after cutscene if you run into marker fast"

Does this stop you from continuing the game? I also tend to run into it the marker and if Tommy only stops in the Malibu Club until the cutscene begins, that is not a big deal.

"sometimes some callphones like from Mercedes after killing diaz dont have an info message"

Perhaps because the textbox is still occupied by something else while the call is incoming. Now it ought to get cleared up before display.

(I know about how irrational and childish I can be. But willing to try some more again after cooling down period & rejuvenation.)

Now you might ask: "Why? How come? Won't you leave again?" After months of inactivity...and after claiming "no more"...just remember, people can say all sorta things when they are irrational (and not in their right mind). Well, some sort of a force can bring you back sometimes..I'll try to keep this thing updated until there's nothing left to do. May be pauses (but the dog definitely helps guiding me back to life).

Rachel Amber

OMG ITS SOO COOL YOU BACK MAN WELCOME BACK!

Anyway about the "proper get back in the" vehicle timer maybe Silent could do it? huh Silent? when you get some free time/motiation

EDIT: Sometimes game crash when you get out of a car and immediatly get a phone call with UE at number 005ace89 and also the issue that make "press tab to anwser phone call" isnt like what you said it like appeared for 1 second and then dissapeared while some other phone calls are normal and text is shown until phone stops ring

Edited by Rachel Amber

LaDiDa

Welcome back niltwill!

Silent

Cool stuff! Do you know how to fork & issue pull requests on GitHub or should I just update it?

Rachel Amber

BTW Niltwill can you restore missplaced pedestrian in Messing with the man? and fix it instead? or leave it glitched and dont remove it... there is a fix for this on GTA Forums and this guy is in proper position with proper skin and also fix that no appearing anwser the phone text and crash shown above ALSO new look... game crash whenever the phone ring randomly... not even when your exiting from car just random...?

EDIT: Also in a mission "Treachous a swine" you should be able to Pass the mission after Loosing the cops no matter where you are On foot or in Car.... you cant pass the mission when you'r in car also what about incereasing health for Vercetti paid goons after 100%? now they can be killed with 5 shots from an uzi

Edited by Rachel Amber

gts.

After a rage quit... is back? :O

zmudziak32

What? Treachous Swine only chceck wanted level no matter if you are on foot or in vehicles.

Rachel Amber

What? Treachous Swine only chceck wanted level no matter if you are on foot or in vehicles.

Yes it does.... it check if your in vehicle or on foot... im not stupid i know what im saying

HERE IS THE PROOF

Btw Niltwill do this can be fixed? they shouldnt leave a car really...

And this.... Tommy doesn't stand up when you croach on the marker and this looks weird.

EDIT: One more critical issue about "Bank Job"

When you get out of a taxi marker should disappear and appear back when you'r in taxi...

And Also Marker should dissapear when you FAIL the mission...

Look

Also Niltwill you fixed easy kill in mission where you have to kill the courier but you dont want to fix RC plane mission hmm

Edited by Rachel Amber

TheShadowX17

I get an unhandled exception error after the mission stunt boat challenge, When i am close to leaf links, when the next phone call appears it crashes?. I didn't have any issues until i came across this part. Maybe it's the phone call because i noticed it happened every time when that phone call pops up, but when i am in a car it kinda stays away until i step out of the car then it pops up.

Edited by TheShadowX17

Rachel Amber

yeah thats the phone calls cause the crashes... you simply gotta wait for Niltwill to fix this

Edited by Rachel Amber

TheShadowX17

yeah thats the phone calls cause the crashes... you simply gotta wait for Niltwill to fix this

Alright thnx atleast i got to see that cut cutscene and a couple of extra audio files when entering diaz his mansion the butler or something talks, pretty awesome. I might just play without it now until there is a fix. Or maybe just bypass it by playing without the updatedSCM for that mission and phone call since i have not got any phone call issues at the beginning.

TheShadowX17

Actually there is no way to bypass it since if you played it with the UpdatedSCM and then load your save again without it it crashes so you have to start over, So i might just start over without it since it isn't fully finished yet.

zmudziak32

Rachel you have broken game:

Rachel Amber

no in original game this check is also present but this time you gotta be IN car to pass the mission while in Updated scm you have to be on foot to finish the mission while how it should be is no matter where you are mission should pass when stars are gone

Edited by Rachel Amber

Rachel Amber

Anyway its been like.... 5 days so i think the new post would be better than editing the old one...

Niltwill could you remove those changes they kinda harm special vehicle collectors.. because UC Black Washington /: and black colours...

[*] In 'All Hands On Deck!' mission, the GiGN now arrive in the FBI Washington (instead of the regular Washington)

[*] Solid black palette used for UC vehicles changed to a lighter shade (still black).

Also can you look into this change... this is some old one but i think it doesnt work???:

[*] You can now buy food if you have 100+ HP

Also if you can please reverse this to original (we now have a fix for that instead removing this and i want to use the fix):

[*] Removed a misplaced pedestrian in the cutscene of the mission 'Messing With the Man' (only his head was visible).

Also do this is fixable?

When you kill the lady in UC Black Sentinel it still drives abit without a drive can you fix this?

look at the 2:10 of this video

B_Smiles

Why not try doing them yourself for a change instead of just demanding? The guy has only just returned and you're bombarding him..

Just saying.