2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Newest Version still has Memory leak? Seriously?

SoulFlight

Hi everyone,

I recently got this game and was busy for days now finding good settings to run it. My system is an OC'd Phenom II X4 @ 4,0 Ghz, 8 Gigs of RAM and currently an OC GTX560Ti, which I know is not the newest video card, but still keeps up to the job so far.

Now, while I can play the game with great FPS (40 - 60) for 15 - 20 minutes, it starts to increasingly stutter the longer it runs, usually becoming unplayable with 2 - 3 sec freezes.

After some searching I ran into that CacheBoost-Fix for Memory Leaks, downloaded and installed the program, which got my problems fixed. I can now speed around Los Santos forever without any stutters.

But, is rockstar serious with that? There is a reason for me not playing games right after release....and as of April 2016 there are still MemoryLeak issues around with this Game?

I'd be happier to get the game to run without an external program that will stop working after 30 days....

Edited by SoulFlight

Lamborghini1335

Yeah, I get the stutters too, but when I ALT + Tab I get the Windows is running low on memory after 5 mins. I'm also using 8 GB ram. I don't get it, runs fine one patch and then the next or a few patches after that it does this garbage.

i own the game, and if i use "crack" the game has better fps and use less ram, but with the legit the game use all the ram that windows is not using T_T, and now if i downgrade my legit gta to update 350 the game is now workings like the "cracked" version so something after 350 is making the game using more resources

Just found out the Cacheboost thing is also not always working but is an improvement. Also, the issue seems not to be affected by any graphics settings.

it seems a kind of fashion in the gaming industry that instead of making a game work for 10 People, its ok when it runs for 8 people and instead of fixing the problems of the remaining 2, companies start to add content at an insane rate because there is more money in it. I frequently run into known bugs with games, do a google search and then find forum entries about just that which are over one year old.

Edited by SoulFlight

I tried everything to fix stutter in Windows 10 with the last patch. I can't believe how R* fixes/unfixes it's own game with each patch.

I have the newest Windows 10 1511 .iso (february update) and the game ran poorly with just the nvidia driver installed. I updated the OS and nothing changed. I reinstalled my sound card (I even disabled it) and tried dozens of different video drivers. I also uninstalled the xbox app (and many others). Windows 7 seems to be "fine" (but 10 gives more avg fps and smoother gameplay before the stutter). I'm trying one last "fix": -scOfflineOnly.

I don't have any stutter problem with the latest patch. I played GTAV 3 hours straight and zero problem.

This is on 4770, GTX780 and 16GB RAM.

I don't have any stutter problem with the latest patch. I played GTAV 3 hours straight and zero problem.

Well if I had 16 Gigs of RAM, I never had that issues I guess. :D But I don't, all 4 slots of my MoBo are occupied by 4 x 2 GB DDR2 RAM, because the Board doesn't support DDR3. Upgrading would mean to get both RAM and a new MoBo. (And, given the fact that no newer board hast AM3+ slots, a new CPU too) Can't afford that with all the other things I do in life. :D

Edited by SoulFlight

Well if I had 16 Gigs of RAM, I never had that issues I guess. :D But I don't, all 4 slots of my MoBo are occupied by 4 x 2 GB DDR2 RAM

That maybe, is the problem.

Edited by SilverRST

Well if I had 16 Gigs of RAM, I never had that issues I guess. :D But I don't, all 4 slots of my MoBo are occupied by 4 x 2 GB DDR2 RAM

That maybe, is the problem.

I don't think it is. I finished the game with 4gb ddr2 ram (months ago) but now I have severe performance problems. The game is not really demanding when you turn everything to the minimum. I will reinstall Windows 10.

I think I found at least one issue: when I switch Ambient Occlusion from high to normal, it seems to run smooth. Never thought of that because all the nvidia guides tell its basically for free in terms of FPS, but since I have done that it seems to work as it should and the difference is virtually unnoticable.

Edited by SoulFlight

I think I found at least one issue: when I switch Ambient Occlusion from high to normal, it seems to run smooth. Never thought of that because all the nvidia guides tell its basically for free in terms of FPS, but since I have done that it seems to work as it should and the difference is virtually unnoticable.

I hardly notice the AO. Btw, which shadows do you use?

I used Nvidia PCSS but witched to "softer" a while ago because they perform better. Maybe an aging card has its issues using newer technology. Other than that the Gainward Phantom 560Ti is factory OC'd and pretty fast even by todays standards. Thats why I still use it. ;)

Edited by SoulFlight

I used Nvidia PCSS but witched to "softer" a while ago because they perform better. Maybe an aging card has its issues using newer technology. Other than that the Gainward Phantom 560Ti is factory OC'd and pretty fast even by todays standards. Thats why I still use it. ;)

So it is true GameWorks gimps performance. Man, f*ck nVidia GameWorks then.

And yes, I have Asus GTX780 and game lags likes sh*t when using nVidia PCSS and in areas with grass.

When switched to Softer or Soft, game performs much better, even when there are lots of big grass.

Shadows Soft, Softer and Softest looks also really nice too. I prefer Soft because it's the best performing shadows while they also look nice.