1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PaddsterG2k3

When to expect GTA VI

When will the next GTA be announced and released?  

550 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2017 January-June
    • 2017 July-December
    • 2018 January-June
    • 2018 July-December
    • 2019 January-June
    • 2019 July-December
    • 2020 January-June
    • 2020 July-December
    • 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023+

Jdogg4089

Fall 2022

2035. Just in time for the California "high speed train to nowhere" can open.

fatdog

I agreed to the quote, it should be epic, but 2021 is mehh, I hope they'll get it done by 2020.

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Fall 2022

2035. Just in time for the California "high speed train to nowhere" can open.

2035? That's scary, it's not a release date for GTA VI. Maybe 2022.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

deadasdisco

The new generation xbox is still a good few years away according to recent job listings.

YellowJacket

I hate having to wait a long time, but, if a good, quality game comes out of it, I am all for it.

Thefames

Between 2020-2021 we can expect new GTA game Summer 2019 or Spring 2020 expect announcement

Catskill

I think it could be announced next year in late 2019.

Red Dead Redemption was released in 2010, GTA V was announced the following year. RDR2 gets released this year so GTA VI could get announced the year after.

Pete4000uk

2020 to be a launch title for the PS5

Thefames
Posted (edited)

I think *R going release another game next year maybe Bully 2 or Agent

Edited by Thefames

Emmi

2018: Red Dead Redemption II (PS4, Xbox One)

2020: Bully II (PS4, Xbox One)

2022: Grand Theft Auto VI (Next-Gen)

CHISOX2005
Posted (edited)

I'm guessing 2020 on the release of 6 for sure. Also, as long as the glitches are minimal or better yet, non existent, I don't care how long it takes them to make it. I'd much rather pay for a quality game than to have sh*t not work and get frustrated.

Edited by CHISOX2005

AlexGRFan97

From when the first trailer is released, around 27 - 28 months thereafter. This is going by the fact it took GTA IV 14 months after its first trailer in March 2007 to release and GTA V 22 months after its first trailer in November 2011 to release. Previously I would've said 30 months, but it seems as though RDR2 will release in October precisely 2 years after its first trailer. If they announce VI at E3 next month and have a trailer to go with it, then it'll be September 2020 at the earliest.

Emmi

There will be no GTA VI announcement before early/mid 2020.

MojoGamer

There will be no GTA VI announcement before early/mid 2020.

Why you trying to crush us gta fans, what happened to keeping faith? It says it in your meme, boy.

The Midnight Club and Bully development crew are of the past. Rockstargames are more interested in developing games that sell or Take Two will get upset with Rockstargames.

TheExecutor10

How this will effect GTA6 ?

PS4 heading into end of its life cycle, PlayStation CEO says

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/22/17379880/ps4-life-cycle-ending-psn-psvr

The PlayStation CEO clearly hinted towards the possibility of PS5 coming late 2020.

I don't think GTA6 will be ready by then, so this means GTA6 will probably be a Next Generation Game.

.Smaher.

I hope so. I dont want them to be held back by this generation of consoles. They could really go all out on next gen consoles.

MojoGamer

I hope so. I dont want them to be held back by this generation of consoles. They could really go all out on next gen consoles.

All early PS5 video game performances will be the same as the PS4's 4k performances.

I'll say when the PS5's Pro launches is when we'll see an actual differences, so it better if they don't hold back or we'll all be 6 feet deep and our grand children will be the stoked ones. :lol:

.Smaher.

Uh oh. Watch Dogs flashbacks.

Jdogg4089

All early PS5 video game performances will be the same as the PS4's 4k performances.

I'll say when the PS5's Pro launches is when we'll see an actual differences, so it better if they don't hold back or we'll all be 6 feet deep and our grand children will be the stoked ones. :lol:

The difference would be in CPU power. Current gen, including Xbox one x, is a garbage jaguar CPU but decent graphics power. A better CPU could mean more physics effects like destruction, more people on screen, better ai, better world phyics, and maybe even more 60fps games.

.Smaher.

I would really like a GTA game with a destructible environment.

saintsrow

Here's the math - see the graph.  Read it and weep.  

5fQceu9.png

Then realize that GTA Online has extended GTAV for so many years they probably haven't even started on GTA6 yet.  So this prediction is out the window.  

Even worse, it's possible that GTA Online is all there's going to be, in which case, all we can hope for is a new city map, maybe in 7 or 8 years.  

Wolver_321

Well, considering that in RDR2 preorder bonuses there will be an extra 500.000$ spendable with your GTA Online character, I think GTA VI is far far away from being a thing.

Do you remember what happened with PS3 and Xbox 360? They ended supporting GTA Online after "Ill Gotten Gains Part 2" in 2015 due to the very poor hardware of the old gen consoles. We don't know if that was only a marketing move for incentivate the sells of the PS4/Xbox One/PC Versions, but for sure old gen consoles wouldn't be able to run GTA V in its current state. If they keep adding DLCs there will be a point in which current gen consoles wouldn't be able to run properly GTA V, just like PS3 and Xbox 360. Remember also that PS5 and the next Xbox are rumored to be out more or less in 2020-2021, so if they want to do the "dirty move" releasing GTA VI first on PS4 and Xbxo One and then on next gen consoles they have to announce it soon, which it's very unlikely.

Thefames
Posted (edited)

New and updated when to expect GTA 6 or whatever it called

Sometime in 2019 *R will announced Bully 2 or Agent 

Spring 2020 Bully 2 release

Fall 2021 GTA6

Watch Dogs I can expect in late 2019 or early 2020, maybe Saints Row 5

October-November 2020 GTA6 is fully effected. 

Edited by Thefames

Efreet
Posted (edited)

There is a good chance that VI will be a next-generation title only. Why? Grand Theft Auto V is still charting in the top 10 ever since it released in 2013, outselling newer AAA games. While sales of the game are probably saturating by now and could see a decline this year, it still has a very good chance to be in the top 10 in retail sales. However, the idea of another cross-generation title might be tempting for T2 from a business point of view, but given the fact that new consoles are believed to be coming no later than late 2020, it seems to me that there is no enough time for Rockstar to get VI out before that date. Red Dead will likely to remain the highlight of their work during the whole of 2019 and with post-release support, leaving no enough time for their typical announcement-to-release schedule, which typically runs for an average of 2 years. Building VI for more technologically advanced consoles will be better for players and how they experience the game from the get-go.

VI on newer consoles can actually stimulate the market in the early stages of their release, leading many to purchase these consoles in their early days. It's a systems seller and it'd probably make no difference for Rockstar/T2 to release it early in the consoles stage because it will likely to keep charting for years down the road, and the publisher will keep the post-release support going for a newer and expanded iteration of Online. That will also leave Rockstar to focus on developing 1 or 2 more titles to release on the same generation, which will probably be a new IP for diversification and risk-taking, plus a new successful entry in the Red Dead franchise. 

Edited by Efreet

Am Shaegar

Good thing about a being owned by a public traded company is that sooner or later they have to speak to their shareholders about their future plans with regards to GTA franchise, and with each day passing, we are getting closer. The most suitable time for them to reveal anything about GTA 6 will be the time after announcing the financial reaults for 2018 end, either before or during the first quarter of 2019.

I would be surprised to hear anything before that.

Thefames
Posted (edited)

Next generation of consoles will start in 2020 it is ninth generation of consoles with Xbox Two release and possible PlayStation 5. I can see Rockstar Games release GTA 6 or GTA next on Xbox Two, PS5 they will take fully advantaged of next gen power in 2021. I can see Xbox One and PS5 consoles have record breaking sales because GTA6 upcoming release in 2021. Rockstar Games won't give info until 2020 I am sure they already have PS5 and Xbox Two tech already. 

Edited by Thefames

albanyave

I think Announcement in 2019 and release in 2021. But we will have to see how RDR2 performs. R* won't want to cut into their own profits by competing against itself. Anticipation for the next GTA will continue to grow and yes, I believe sales will be through the roof.

NiggAndreasYT

I can see it coming out in the 2023+ Years gta online and rdr2 will probably go on even longer we can't predict anything.