1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PaddsterG2k3

When to expect GTA VI

When will the next GTA be announced and released?  

546 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2017 January-June
    • 2017 July-December
    • 2018 January-June
    • 2018 July-December
    • 2019 January-June
    • 2019 July-December
    • 2020 January-June
    • 2020 July-December
    • 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023+

MissAuburn

2016/2017 announcement.

2018 release.

CharliesHead

You have to take in the fact that these games just take longer and longer to make. It's not like these games get easier to develop. They need to make better graphics better programming, bigger terrain, etc. So seven years without a GTA VI is not that crazy of an idea.

Edited by CharliesHead

Triple Vacuum Seal

^Developing games definitely gets easier; that's the reality of advancing technology. Innovative products typically lead to innovative processes. Any failure to improve the development process over time would be a case of mismanagement.

With that said, I would expect a late 2018 release date at the earliest. Then from there, we might see an early-mid 2019 delayed release date because R* likes to f*ck around sometimes. "Good things come to those who wait."

Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal

CharliesHead

^Developing games definitely gets easier; that's the reality of advancing technology. Innovative products typically lead to innovative processes. Any failure to improve the development process over time would be a case of mismanagement.

In some aspects yes it gets easier but in others it doesn't. What is needed to make a game is becoming more demanding and even if we have software to help, a lot also comes down to whether they have the time, the money, and the people to do it.

dimitrispgr

2018 / 2021

Mister Pink

I'm guessing earliest October 2018 or Oct '19 but most likely towards the end of '20. I find it bizzare people that people think it's plausible for a new GTA next year.

My reasoning is giving it about 5 years like big games like that take. Lets say GTA V was released in '14 and not '13 for consoles and remember '15 for PC. Add a year for delays etc. Also bear in mind we have Scorpio and Neo which will no doubt slow things down.

Also, Rockstar might want to delve in to VR. I only hope not and that they focus on the "everyday" gameplay mechanics such as improving the fighting etc. I think having a fighting system akin to Sleeping Dogs should be a priority over things like switching characters mid-mission. Tackle the fundamentals, the ground stuff, the on-foot stuff first. Graphically, we know Rockstar can nail all that. Also with physics, they're pretty boss. So I'd love to see focus on core gameplay and not of the gimmicky variety. You know storing stuff in cars, destructable environments, good fighting system etc.

If we want to be realistic, lets expect a long wait as before. On the plus side, you have GTA Online and bits of new content is released.

Edited by Mister Pink

steve bambar

Looool the highest is 2017

Are u serious guys XD

2020 is more possible release date than 2017

O.Z

Announcement: early 2018

Release: late 2019 (October)

Alien74

I believe I heard that it won't be done until 2020 or something because Rockstar are trying to the whole United States.. I can't recall where I heard that.

KENNYOUT3

Don't ports count as new releases to? So wouldn't a new GTA release in like 2021 or somthing?

Edited by KENNYOUT3

Emmi

A late 2019 release sounds realistic ... build to make full use of PS4 Neo, Xbox Scorpio tech.

2017: Red Dead 3

2018: Bully 2

2019: GTA VI

2020: Agent

Efreet

A late 2019 release sounds realistic ... build to make full use of PS4 Neo, Xbox Scorpio tech.

I wish we could've have something like this, but it's going to be far from it. At best, you should be expecting a two years period between each new game, but when you think in this matter realistically while considering how many years Rockstar needs to take just to produce one title collectively, which means all studios working together, plus the time they need to market each game, release it and allow more time for it to turn into a market success before rushing to announce the next game, you be looking at a period of 2.5 to 3 years at best.

If they can follow a strict schedule of a new game every two years, that is, a game releases in late 2017, the next is announced in late 2018 and then released in late 2019, I would be grateful, but I highly doubt that this would ever happen.

Edited by Jabalous

Sweet Bellic

2099:Agent

eCola

Never: Agent

FTFY. :colgate:

Edited by Cluckin' Bell

canyonjack

Late 2020 at best. 3 1/2 years for GTA V (from RDR), 3 1/2 years for RDR 3 (I think that's a fair guess), 3 1/2 years for GTA VI.

SMACKED!

Acknowledging that we are on a era when everything was made from scratch (most stuff), and according to GTA V current situation after his launching 3 years ago, we shouldn't expect a too nearby date for a new GTA to be released, I'd be expecting a sh*tload of work coming from the developers, I mean in such things as: characters designing, vehicles, weapons, a new and optimized graphic engine maybe. Rockstar is also too focused on GTA Online updates though, maybe around 2020/2021? Let's do not be unrealistic with the dates and such if you expect a gigantic project.

Pedinhuh

Late 2017 announcement and late 2019 realease, I'm assuming the release of the next generation of consoles being around 2020, so they will probally repeat the same strategy of releasing the game on current gen and remastering it for next gen.

Not a good strategy in terms of quality but a great strategy in terms of financial gains, which is what R* wants.

LiangHuBBB

most likely 2019-2020, but I hope it's earlier :)

Emmi

So today I got a bit of spare time at work and used it to make some weird calculations on when GTA VI might most likely be released.

I came to the conclusion that it could be September 2019 with an announcement one year ahead ... so around September-December 2018.

Furthermore - since Rockstar still hasn't announced their next game - my expectation is that Bully 2 rather than Red Dead 3 will be their next game and it will be released (according to my calculations :lol:) sometime between May and August 2017 ... announcement probably in September/October 2016.

And then we come to Red Dead 3 ... that most likely is scheduled for release May-October 2018 with an announcement as early as October 2017.

Brooklynzsmac

They'll release it in Tuesday anyway.

Dangerous and sad

A f*cking plague has caused the delay of 6. Heard it's called something online.

FroudeyBrand

I've said this before, 2017 / 2018 announce with 2020 release or this time period

chilleverest

What to expect in 6 ?

1. Hype.

2. Release date.

3. Delays (that serves are marketing to add up to hype)

4. Another delay.

5. Short SP followed by all online approach.

Edited by chilleverest

alex3

Their goal will be to make a game bigger and even more epic than V, which broke 6 sales world records.

I think 2020 or even sooner.

izXenon

read at your own risk

never

just my opinion though.

Edited by izXenon

eCola

I can't see the next GTA being announced in 2022+, and I definitely can't see a January 2017 release.

We'll probably get an announcement in late 2017 or early 2018 and get a 2020 release.

AjdarFan

I don't get it. I can't see any GTA in a couple of years. Many people in here thought by the fact in previous titles, gap between games adds 1 year each. So it should be 6 years between GTA V and GTA Next.

Bzzzzzzttt.

I don't think so, because financial success of GTA V is far superior to previous titles. It's on top 10 best selling games of all time list. Not even counting money they making from online shark card bullsh*t.

So there's no need to quickly starting development of a next game, because Rockstar became just like EA, totally money-drawn and sadly, it works.

I'd say 2026

Serbian_Wolf194

I don't get it. I can't see any GTA in a couple of years. Many people in here thought by the fact in previous titles, gap between games adds 1 year each. So it should be 6 years between GTA V and GTA Next.

Bzzzzzzttt.

I don't think so, because financial success of GTA V is far superior to previous titles. It's on top 10 best selling games of all time list. Not even counting money they making from online shark card bullsh*t.

So there's no need to quickly starting development of a next game, because Rockstar became just like EA, totally money-drawn and sadly, it works.

I'd say 2026

Where have been all this time lol.

Sad but true. GTA Online is putting so much money into the piggy bank right now, all Rockstar needs to to is keep updating it like they are currently doing = profit.

Edited by Serbian_Wolf194

pulpfriction

I hope sooner rather than later. I am getting bored with GTA V to be honest.

Rockstar Vienna

I know, opinions... but I really don't get it why the majority in this poll voted for an announcement in 2017 and a release in 2018. I mean we didn't even get an announcement for Rockstar's next title! A late 2018 or early 2019 announcement and a release sometime in 2020 is my wild guess.