2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

PaddsterG2k3

When to expect GTA VI

When will the next GTA be announced and released?  

661 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2017 January-June
    • 2017 July-December
    • 2018 January-June
    • 2018 July-December
    • 2019 January-June
    • 2019 July-December
    • 2020 January-June
    • 2020 July-December
    • 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023+

deadasdisco
6 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

If this is indeed for the next GTA (almost no doubt it would be) is this a good indicator as to how far along production they would be?

In a way yes! I believe they have had a vehicle team building a collection for ages, during RDR2's production period. 

Bloodytears1666
  • Deep understanding and love of car culture.

Yes, please, this time no excuses.

mikecyclexxx

Don’t wanna burst anyone’s bubble but talking about “car culture” seems more like a Midnight Club thing to me

Shluffee

Nobody here wondering about Leslie Benzies upcoming game? 🙃

deadasdisco
On 12/6/2018 at 12:29 PM, mikecyclexxx said:

Don’t wanna burst anyone’s bubble but talking about “car culture” seems more like a Midnight Club thing to me

Why make a whole new midnight club when you can implement its features in to GTA and ultimately make it a better game. 

mikecyclexxx
21 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

Why make a whole new midnight club when you can implement its features in to GTA and ultimately make it a better game. 

Because believe it or not, Rockstar actually make games other than Grand Theft Auto? 

There is no way you could get the complexity of a full Midnight Club game into a GTA, not at this stage anyway. 

I think after the way RDR2 has gone so far, we’ll see another game before GTA. 

Why have 1 $Billion product when you can have many? 

deadasdisco
30 minutes ago, mikecyclexxx said:

Because believe it or not, Rockstar actually make games other than Grand Theft Auto? 

There is no way you could get the complexity of a full Midnight Club game into a GTA, not at this stage anyway. 

I think after the way RDR2 has gone so far, we’ll see another game before GTA. 

Why have 1 $Billion product when you can have many? 

The racing genre atm is saturated as, and midnight club has always had lacklustre sales. They would barely profit going off previous data with what AAA production and marketing budgets are presently. One of GTA's core shark card sellers was its vehicles online which had a lot of street racing enthusiasts interested. I can only see them going further with this for GTA 6. 

Edited by deadasdisco

StevenR

2025 for next gen and 2024 for current gen, and then prob 2026 for pc.

Bully 2 is their next game.

Also rdro has plenty of dlcs to get.

Edited by StevenR

iDavisSK

I think there is no reason to think about when to expect GTA 6 based just on previous GTA games. It is not possible without including at least RDR 2 as well. And since R* wants to profit from RDR 2 as much as possible, they will not release a new game in upcoming years, because that would decrease these profits. So I don´t expect GTA 6 to be announced earlier than in 2021, what means that release date won´t be until 2022, or even later.

B_E_N_1992

So now that rdr2 is 100%, I don’t see online staying around for years like gta o. Need GTA VI ASAP

so Bully 2 October 2019, GTA VI 2020..

Compute

I'm guessing it'll be around sometime in 2020-2022, after RDR2 is given time to settle in. If not, then I guess they're going to milk RDR2 online to the brim, as well.

MrQuiche
On 11/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, deadasdisco said:

They're looking for someone that has strong knowledge about Physically Based Rendering(PBR),that's a good sign for car materials like metals and chrome.

mikecyclexxx

Now that we have Red Dead, I don’t even care about a new GTA anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mister Pinkerton
On 12/28/2018 at 3:01 AM, mikecyclexxx said:

Now that we have Red Dead, I don’t even care about a new GTA anymore 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hear ya and GTA only seems like yesterday because Online dragged on forever. I mean, it's still going. So it's not like the old days were you get a certain amount of GTA and then that's it until another one comes out, possibly years later. It's like, nah, we have GTA all the time because of that GTAO cash-cow train. 

I'm not even excited for another GTA. I mean, it's run it's course for me. Rockstar Games peaked for me and now it's like they just do games because they don't how to do anything else. All this online focus, with the dreadful freemium model is killing any last love I have for them. Although RDR single player is brilliant, the online portion puts a dampener on the whole thing. 

Jabalous
1 hour ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

I hear ya and GTA only seems like yesterday because Online dragged on forever. I mean, it's still going. So it's not like the old days were you get a certain amount of GTA and then that's it until another one comes out, possibly years later. It's like, nah, we have GTA all the time because of that GTAO cash-cow train.  

It's at least better than having a new GTA game every two years or so, and that's what I'd call a franchise fatigue like in the case of Assassin's Creed. Online is its own thing, and probably its own universe/canon, but surely every R* game comes with a monumental tech driving it to higher levels. I'm excited where they'll take GTA VI setting and tech wise as it's been 5 years since a new one and yet it's still not anywhere close to be announced. 

mikecyclexxx
2 hours ago, Jabalous said:

It's at least better than having a new GTA game every two years or so, and that's what I'd call a franchise fatigue like in the case of Assassin's Creed. Online is its own thing, and probably its own universe/canon, but surely every R* game comes with a monumental tech driving it to higher levels. I'm excited where they'll take GTA VI setting and tech wise as it's been 5 years since a new one and yet it's still not anywhere close to be announced. 

See the problem is, the time between releases makes heaps of people lose interest.

Dont get me wrong there will always be a huge market for GTA, but having a time gap of potentially 7-8+ years is just ridiculous. 

With Red Dead they got away with it because it wasn’t their main product, and they could take as long as they liked.

But with GTA historically coming every 2-3 years and now not hearing anything for over 5 years, just gets to a point where you just don’t care anymore. 

I think they they will lose loads of long time players, but that doesn’t matter because there will always be people who started on GTA V and must have the next instalment.

For those of us who have been playing since 1997 the wait just isn’t worth it. Not to me anyway 

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2018 at 10:32 PM, Mister Pinkerton said:

I'm not even excited for another GTA. I mean, it's run it's course for me. Rockstar Games peaked for me and now it's like they just do games because they don't how to do anything else. All this online focus, with the dreadful freemium model is killing any last love I have for them. Although RDR single player is brilliant, the online portion puts a dampener on the whole thing. 

Well that's only true if you actually play Online which I & many other fans don't so for me it definitely has been a long ass time since any new GTA content (5+ years).

Again disagree..RDR2 shows they still have passion for quality SP games, you are acting as if they half assed the SP for Online (what many feared) but that's not true. Yeah the Online part sucks again but how about just not playing it, it's a separate part, not mandatory at all

On 12/31/2018 at 12:16 AM, Jabalous said:

I hate what Ubisoft did with AC so I agree I would never want GTA to be milked like that but Rockstar is taking it too far if there are really ca. 5 years left for the next GTA. 10 years for a new GTA game is just ridiculous, what next 15+ years for the one after it?

Edited by Journey_95

Mister Pinkerton

Yes, I see what you are saying but for me, it's still in the sphere of seeing GTA in a lot of places in the mainstream.  With the continual release of DLC, GTA V is always in mainstream publications, YouTube videos, content creators output, forums etc. Remember, being exposed to GTA isn't just by playing it. But that's not a major issue. I was just making a point that when a new GTA is on the horizon, you can bet that the previous one has somewhat settled down a bit and/or at least the average person (even not playing it) isn't exposed to the level of GTA V and Online that we are today. 

As for RDR2.. well, I did say "Although single player is brilliant, the online portion puts a dampener on the whole thing" and what I meant by that was Rockstars advocation for business models that aren't consumer-friendly. I want to like Online, so I'm bummed that there's a huge portion of the game that I paid for that I can't enjoy under the current business model of microtransactions. :)

Journey_95
23 minutes ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

Yes, I see what you are saying but for me, it's still in the sphere of seeing GTA in a lot of places in the mainstream.  With the continual release of DLC, GTA V is always in mainstream publications, YouTube videos, content creators output, forums etc. Remember, being exposed to GTA isn't just by playing it. But that's not a major issue. I was just making a point that when a new GTA is on the horizon, you can bet that the previous one has somewhat settled down a bit and/or at least the average person (even not playing it) isn't exposed to the level of GTA V and Online that we are today. 

As for RDR2.. well, I did say "Although single player is brilliant, the online portion puts a dampener on the whole thing" and what I meant by that was Rockstars advocation for business models that aren't consumer-friendly. I want to like Online, so I'm bummed that there's a huge portion of the game that I paid for that I can't enjoy under the current business model of microtransactions. :)

I get that but again it depends. I ignore any GTA:O videos or updates completely and apart from a hardcore fanbase that still plays it, it's not really as big as it used to be when the heists update came for an example, most gamers including me are focused on the new stuff. I guess it will have to decline even more before we get GTA VI though.

The MP business model isn't consumer friendly but again RDR2 was advertised with the SP as the focus on which they delivered. I see Online as it's own separate thing, RDR2 already offers a complete experience.

samthebeastt

(Translated by google translator so sorry for mistakes)

I think GTA 6 will be released in 2021 because RDR 2 is supposed to be in development since 2010 and it took 6 years for the first trailer to come out. So I think we can expect a trailer of GTA 6 this year and the game will be released in 2021 as GTA 5 came two years after the trailer and RDR2 too. There is also an Easter Egg in GTA 5 at the airport, where once "2013" and 2021 "stand on two doors.

Jdogg4089
On 12/12/2018 at 8:14 AM, StevenR said:

2025 for next gen and 2024 for current gen, and then prob 2026 for pc.

Bully 2 is their next game.

Also rdro has plenty of dlcs to get.

2024 there will probably be a ps5 and xbox Pro. It would not come to last gen consoles four years after a new console was released and if it was it would be developed for new consoles and be super downgraded for old consoles.

Edited by Jdogg4089
Edit