1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Poll] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions

Patrizio

When is GTA VI coming?  

1,219 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+
  2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+

39 minutes ago, bakerach said:

No I'm not -- again, using the word "certainly" implies that you know more than anyone else, which you don't.

No.

That's your opinion, and having worked extensively with marketing teams from all sorts of media companies, I disagree.

Ahh, another GTAF user whose opinion just so happens to be "common sense."  What's your game development/marketing background that provides you with such insight into the inner workings of a company like Rockstar, whose marketing strategies are basically unparalleled in the industry?  Everyone who cries "common sense" or "I've played GTA since 2001 so I know Rockstar's next move and they would never do _________" sounds like every other troll on the internet.  Yawn.

I'm not a troll.

I'm just giving my humble opinion, which, by the way, is a more reasonable opinion than most of the ones you'll find around here. You're free to think whatever you want.

And since you admitted to be such an expert in the gaming industry, I think your opinion holds another weight now (bigger than mine obviously). Let's wait until Novemeber and see.

1 minute ago, Wolfman_ said:

my humble opinion ... is a more reasonable opinion than most of the ones you'll find around here.

Lol, doesn't sound that humble to me.

1 minute ago, Wolfman_ said:

And since you admitted to be such an expert in the gaming industry, I think your opinion holds another weight now (bigger than mine obviously). Let's wait until Novemeber and see.

I didn't admit to being an expert in the gaming industry, just that I've had experience in new media marketing.  Honestly, it seems like some people on this forum have a hard time reading something without interpreting it according to their preconceived notions and twisting the words to mean something that was never said.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bakerach said:

Lol, doesn't sound that humble to me.

I didn't admit to being an expert in the gaming industry, just that I've had experience in new media marketing.  Honestly, it seems like some people on this forum have a hard time reading something without interpreting it according to their preconceived notions and twisting the words to mean something that was never said.

Well, you did make it sound like you know better than me because you worked in new media marketing, which we both know isn't true (that you know better than me). We just have 2 different opinions and your opinion does sound a little bit fanciful wheter you worked on marketing or not. I hear "experts" talking bullsh*t on TV all the time. Being an "expert" doesn't really change anything when you say something stupid. Not that your opinion was stupid, but you get the idea...

Edited by Wolfman_
7 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

Well, you did make it sound like you know better than me because you worked in new media marketing, which we both know isn't true (that you know better than me).

I don't know that's true and neither do you.

7 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

We just have 2 different opinions and your opinion does sound a little bit fanciful wheter you worked on marketing or not.

What's fanciful about it other than the fact that you don't think they'll announce the next GTA anytime close to the release of E&E?  Synergy is a pretty basic idea, and as I said, they're not making E&E just so they can sell people the same game one more time.  It'll be a showcase for the increase in computing power over two generations, which is basically an advertisement for their next *true* release.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bakerach said:

Synergy is a pretty basic idea, and as I said, they're not making E&E just so they can sell people the same game one more time.  

You're forgetting that GTA Online is still a very big deal (and profitable). They're most likely making GTA V E&E because they want to extend the Online mode to the next generation. I don't know if the release of GTA V E&E is a good marketing opportunity for the announcement of GTA VI, but I do think they have zero rush to announce or release it, so they might prefer to do one thing at time.

Edited by Wolfman_
34 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

You're forgetting that GTA Online is still a very big deal (and profitable). 

I'm not forgetting anything, I just disagree with the notion that Rockstar won't release a new GTA because Online is still making money.  They're not going to milk the cow until it's dry as that would alienate a large part of their user base and devalue their brand.

22 minutes ago, bakerach said:

I'm not forgetting anything, I just disagree with the notion that Rockstar won't release a new GTA because Online is still making money.  They're not going to milk the cow until it's dry as that would alienate a large part of their user base and devalue their brand.

You didn't mention GTA Online not even once. But okay... glad you clarified your point now.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Wolfman_ said:

You didn't mention GTA Online not even once. But okay... glad you clarified your point now.

I'm not sure what your point is.  You specifically mentioned online and I responded to it, I've made my point clear all along.

To sum up: if you think that Rockstar and/or T2 are currently more interested in prolonging the GTA V iteration of GTA Online than they are in publicizing the next installment of GTA, I very much disagree.

Edited by bakerach
GrandTheftAutoVI

2025 announcement and 2027 release just before the release of next gen as before. We will get our hands on Leslie Benzies new project before VI comes.

1 hour ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

2025 announcement and 2027 release just before the release of next gen as before. We will get our hands on Leslie Benzies new project before VI comes.

Exaggerated. maximum gta 6 I would like it to come out in 2023 oh 2024

GrandTheftAutoVI
1 hour ago, dennis89 said:

Exaggerated. maximum gta 6 I would like it to come out in 2023 oh 2024

No not at all. They will want to mirror GTA V's success and current gens max install base by releasing it as close to next gen as possible.

8 hours ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

No not at all. They will want to mirror GTA V's success and current gens max install base by releasing it as close to next gen as possible.

So you're saying, that for gta6 we have to wait for the ps6? not even. Thank you. 

GrandTheftAutoVI
3 hours ago, dennis89 said:

So you're saying, that for gta6 we have to wait for the ps6? not even. Thank you. 

I'm saying the way this company has gone it's not impossible to rule out. Remasters of the PS2 GTA trilogy, a Liberty City Map expansion for GTAO and RDR1/2 for current gen are plausible examples that can fill the void. Earliest release for me would be 2025 at a push. 2023? No chance. Not a big enough current gen install base by then.

Thought Liberty City Map needs a heck of a lot of updating. When IV was released the Empire State Building was the tallest. Now it's like the 7th tallest and soon it will fall out of the top ten. The skyline changes are incredible.

Happy to be wrong of course. But you all know deep down my prediction isn't in vain unfortunately.  I mean a couple of years ago the idea GTAV could be released again was laughed out of these forums. Remember that?!!

But the two things that are worrying me about GTA VI is too much realism and being pc/woke. Those two are GTA killers to me.

• Like 2
  • Bruh 1
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 3:00 PM, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

2025 announcement and 2027 release just before the release of next gen as before.

Yes!! I literally said this myself for the longest lmao. It's much smarter business wise, and just common sense in general to release GTA VI like a year or a few months before the next generation consoles comes out to maximize sales when everyone has one a console.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:19 AM, bakerach said:

For that reason, I expect we'll hear something from R* about the next GTA around the release of E&E.

A completely arbitrary prediction, don't get your hopes up dude. There's a console shortage going on right now which won't end until next year. And there's no way GTA VI would be released cross gen.

Staff edit: Merged posts, don't doublepost.

my edit: oopsie woopsie

Edited by Octane
  • Like 1
Schwartzxz

Its funny to go back and read the first posts from 2016. People expected the game to be released in 2018, 2019 or 2020 and now in 2021 we dont even have a trailer 

Late 2022 announcement, this year will belong to GTA V E&E and whatever Rockstar is doing with GTA III 20th anniversary

clown.jpg

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
1 hour ago, Schwartzxz said:

People expected the game to be released in 2018, 2019 or 2020 and now in 2021 we dont even have a trailer 

😭😭😭😭

It comes when the 9yo kids stop using their mom's credit card to buy shark cards.

I don't really trust Rockstar or Take2 in terms of announcements/releases, because there are some instances where Rockstar announces something but then Take2 can't comply.

So my best bet, that I gather from the rumours (partial restart), is that in order to work in an environment without crunch (and taking into account Covid) and have a product (singleplayer) with a good enough level of quality, I think they have a couple of choices:

- Small map, which they can release no further than 2024;
- Big map, that will take as much time as needed.

I don't like the second option - and I don't think Take2 likes it either.

On 6/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

If it takes that long, online will take over, and there won't be a good reason to develop a standard singleplayer game.

Especially because online will be standalone. If a singleplayer game is very expensive to develop and takes that much time to finish, then I don't think it's worth it when you have the online part making you more profit every year than the singleplayer experience can do in its lifetime.

Might as well just put all the money to create online content and make a Game as a Service like Destiny or The Division.

Edited by OOI
2 hours ago, OOI said:

I don't really trust Rockstar or Take2 in terms of announcements/releases, because there are some instances where Rockstar announces something but then Take2 can't comply.

So my best bet, that I gather from the rumours (partial restart), is that in order to work in an environment without crunch (and taking into account Covid) and have a product (singleplayer) with a good enough level of quality, I think they have a couple of choices:

- Small map, which they can release no further than 2024;
- Big map, that will take as much time as needed.

I don't like the second option - and I don't think Take2 likes it either.

If it takes that long, online will take over, and there won't be a good reason to develop a standard singleplayer game.

Especially because online will be standalone. If a singleplayer game is very expensive to develop and takes that much time to finish, then I don't think it's worth it when you have the online part making you more profit every year than the singleplayer experience can do in its lifetime.

Might as well just put all the money to create online content and make a Game as a Service like Destiny or The Division.

I think the same way. 

Gta 6 will be announced in 2023 and released in 2024-2025.... 

2027 is waaaay to long. It will be released as a PS5 bundle when the shortage stops. Which will probably be around 2022-23

Edited by ganked89
14 hours ago, ganked89 said:

Gta 6 will be announced in 2023 and released in 2024-2025.... 

2027 is waaaay to long. It will be released as a PS5 bundle when the shortage stops. Which will probably be around 2022-23

I agree with you 

2027 and really too unlikely, it's too far away. 

On 6/12/2021 at 6:56 AM, ADropInTheOcean said:

This has certainly aged well

Well, shoot, looks like I'm gonna have to cancel my per-order.😛😢

• Bruh 1