1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Poll] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions

Patrizio

When is GTA VI coming?  

1,224 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+
  2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+

Chris Liberty
30 minutes ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

pourquoi changeraient-ils une stratégie qui a fait 1 milliard en deux jours?

It wasn't the ad strategy that made 1 billion. It's the game and the expectation of the players.
It's certain that GTA 6 will have the same success. Whatever his ad.

• Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, testarossa 86 said:

2024 is still a long way from now and the game may not even release in 2024, it could be earlier or later, depending on which can determine if it's even possible for a PS4/Xbox One release entirely.

Unless GTA VI is out earlier than 1 year from now, XB1 and PS4 are out of the equation. Hell, even if release was closer than we think, R* is probably re-working the game to actually benefit from the current and future generations of console since these new platforms are absolutely deal-breaking in terms of what the game could be and they're definitely using the new RAGE. The fact that we have speculations that the EE could use the new RAGE version on the new consoles speaks volumes about PS4/XB1 release of VI. They are not going to do it, these consoles are not good enough for the job. Because otherwise who is stopping them from  enhancing the game once again on that generation and selling the game yet another time for profit?

Damn, it's bizarre that we are even talking about possibility of the industry-leading game release that is not even announced on the 7 years old consoles. 2013 is not the year we should compare it to, because:

• In 2013 XB1 and PS4 were announced but not ready, both coming almost 1 year later. Next generation was 4 years away;
  • In the year X which is later than 2020 we have PS5/Seriex S(X) as the current generation and another one coming 4+ years away, so baseline is this and fall-back generation is actually PS 4 Pro and Xbox One X;
  • According to the same logic, V should have been released on the PS2 if we are going one generation behind.

TL;DR: I can put the money where my words are, we are not going to see VI on PS4/XB1, they are absolutely, positively done for good. On Pro/ 1X, could be, but I doubt that.

Edited by Geisterfaust
Grammar
Pooka Mustard

lol

Reading the OP of this thread today feels so weird. GTA VI teasers in 2018? I feel like GTA VI is never going to be a thing, but Grand Theft Microtransactions will remain forever.

That's probably a good thing, less new games for devs to get crunched on.

4 hours ago, Pooka Mustard said:

Reading the OP of this thread today feels so weird. GTA VI teasers in 2018? I feel like GTA VI is never going to be a thing, but Grand Theft Microtransactions will remain forever.

Oh, it is going to be a thing, but rather later than sooner. There is absolutely no point in abandoning GTA as a franchise, they will just milk as much as they can from GTAO. I'm more interested in the technical details: which generation of GPUs and consoles will be mainstream as VI releases? Who's going to be the US President at that time (lol) and other non-gta related stuff that helps to put the time into perspective. All these questions are popping up, because R* can't properly communicate their plans.

Edited by Geisterfaust
  • Like 3

So, we have got no clue about when GTA VI gonna be relased, but people are saying that it won't be untill 2023, but where this came from? I mean why 2023? Yeah maybe because RDR2 relased five years after GTA V, and 2018+5=2023, But i have much, much more better Theory!

•Read Dead Redemption relased three years before GTA V (3 years difference, 2018+3=2021)

•Red Dead Redemption 2 relased 8 years after first RDR (GTA V relase (2013)+8=2021)

•2021 Clues in GTA V airport

•Everyone strangely regreting 2021 relase for GTA 6

So, i don't know is this theory is foolish or clever, but those are two clues, 2021 and 2023, i think 2021 will be announcment year, and 2023 relase year, but i think 2023 is too much, i don't know, but those are my theories... but i don't know why but i feel that Gta 6 will get announced on january 22, or maybe April.

Edited by AM_JM
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
2 hours ago, AM_JM said:

So, we have got no clue about when GTA VI gonna be relased, but people are saying that it won't be untill 2023, but where this came from? I mean why 2023? Yeah maybe because RDR2 relased five years after GTA V, and 2018+5=2023, But i have much, much more better Theory!

•Read Dead Redemption relased three years before GTA V (3 years difference, 2018+3=2021)

•Red Dead Redemption 2 relased 8 years after first RDR (GTA V relase (2013)+8=2021)

So, i don't know is this theory is foolish or clever, but those are two clues, 2021 and 2023, i think 2021 will be announcment year, and 2023 relase year, but i think 2023 is too much, i don't know, but those are my theories... but i don't know why but i feel that Gta 6 will get announced on january 22, or maybe April.

‘Whatever has happened at Rockstar in the past 8 years it would make a great book. Someone has to tell the story of what has happened to this company.  I don’t care how much money V has made, no business is going to last when they charge increasingly more money for less and less content. And content that continually drops in quality. I think 2021 was the original date they were shooting for VI’s release until the cash started pouring in and staff was told to hold off on further development. Who knows, maybe RDR2 received so much attention in development because of the change in focus at the company.  

• Like 2

It’s retarded that it’s taking this long for GTA 6. It should’ve been out a while ago if not then than it should’ve been out now

On 1/3/2021 at 5:32 AM, CoryLVV said:

XAWJamL.jpg

Everything through 2022 sounds very credible. That last part doesn't make sense at all and is just BS lol. Delays are not baked in at all like that. These games are "trailered" 1 year out, not 2 years, let alone nearly 3 years ahead. That's a risk not worth taking.

Has anyone bothered to listen to any of us pointing out, judging by numerous Take Two titles, any of these delays in the HD era are simply of consequence and are deliberately limited to 12 months past the original dates?

Rest of my post (general):

In May 2006, they "announced" GTA IV, but it wasn't truly a known entity in terms of a trailer until late March 2007, 6.5 months before scheduled release on October 16, 2007.

The few delays during 2007-2008 pushed it back to April 29, 2008. Within 18 months of that date, PC & 2 episode packs were released and GTA V pre-production was in progress (at 9-10 months).

In May 2010 RDR was released and then after a few months, full production began on GTA V in the second half of 2010 due to freed up resources.

In January 2011, pre-production of RDR 2 began, since GTA V FP was smoothed out during the latter months of 2010. By November 2, 2011, the first trailer of GTA V was released, after over a year in full production and quietly targeted for late 2012 holiday sales season.

Earlier in 2012 it was delayed into 2013 and then by the end of 2012, it became a Fall 2013 release. This paralleled start of RDR 2 full production in late 2012, a game which would have greater development hell than GTA V and ultimately be in production for 6 years.

RDR 2 was announced belatedly in October 2016 for October 2017 release, only to be delayed to Spring 2018 in 2017, and ultimately be delayed until October 16, 2018. Does that explain it?

Where does this theory of a November 2024 release come from? Or the always rehashed, "2 years" theory?

I believe they are not gonna announce anything new on the post-V front this year. Or at least not before end of 2021. Any announcement in 2021 = late 2022 (2023 if delayed). 2022 also = 2023, unless again delays are involved. Mark my words.

We don't even know if they have learned from their past mistakes the last decade and this time around, will no longer risk announcing a product that isn't at least 85% complete.

For all you know, the first trailer is released in April 2022 and it's targeted for Spring-Summer 2023, being at worst delayed 4 months (late 2023) vs. another full year.

I know we are simply doing speculating, but honestly some guys should really try to look at things more credibly. No offense, but I don't want any of our less creative forum members being hoodwinked by the idea of 3 year gaps and getting pessimistic.

The moment it is announced in the next 18 months, any release dates set for it at that moment in time will be 12ish months away. If they resort to any delays, it will be AFTER that announcement, and only if they run into genuine development hiccups that they need time to correct/address. Those delays will be 12 months at worst or 1 month at best.

And finally, forgettabout PS4/XB1. Ain't gonna happen, very restrictive idea. Rockstar intended V for 2012 release from the onset in December 2008, meaning PS4/XB1 were not in mind, until later full production stages.

They had to split generations for V, upon learning about those newer consoles in 2012 and being very deep into the PS3/XB360 versions. They required 2.5 years from 2012, to have PS4/XB1 versions ready, when the first development kits were released.

The only GTA title on both PS4 and PS5, will be V and nothing else. Let's drop that theory, as it's somewhat a waste of space and a circular argument.

What if R* releases GTA V E&E and announce GTA VI on the same day? While everyone is playing/testing the game on new console, R* drops the VI bomb with a logo changes/tweets. I mean, R* definitely have the opportunity when all eyes focus on GTA V. 

Edited by wise_man
CheesyWalnuts
1 hour ago, wise_man said:

What if R* releases GTA V E&E and announce GTA VI on the same day? While everyone is playing/testing the game on new console, R* drops the VI bomb with a logo changes/tweets. I mean, R* definitely have the opportunity when all eyes focus on GTA V. 

Maybe not the same day but I can see Rockstar maybe releasing GTA V E&E to maximize the attention directed towards GTA for a possible announcement later in the year, mostly wishful thinking though.

Thomas Cavendish
2 hours ago, wise_man said:

It would be the most stupid strategy ever.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, AM_JM said:

I defintely don't think R* comes up with announcement years by just doing the maths on how many years there are inbetween their releases. Your 3rd point might very well be valid though. I feel like R* intended on releasing GTA VI in 2021 but because of GTAO's succes they might use 2021 as announcement date. I could still see them completely skipping 2021 though ngl, eventhough I am expecting a teaser in the 2nd half of this year. 

Edited by FannoF
1 hour ago, Patrizio said:

Looks like I was spot on with this predicition 😆. For RDR2 perhaps. But GTA VI? We're still waiting. Should we laugh or cry?

• KEKW 2
  • 3 weeks later...

If the news about the remakes is true (and they"ll expand GTA Online abd its map), I expect VI to be much further away from release than we have thought. 24-26 seems realistic in that case

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ivarblaauw said:

If the news about the remakes is true (and they"ll expand GTA Online abd its map), I expect VI to be much further away from release than we have thought. 24-26 seems realistic in that case

2024 yes, but 2026 is just stretching it man. By 2026, I expect GTA VI re-release announcement for the PS6/New Xbox lol.

• Like 1

I know I recently said 2022 announcement, but I'm gonna leave a bold prediction here:

Rockstar will announce GTA VI right before or after Everywhere's release to f*ck with Benzies lmao. 

Although we don't know how credible a recent potential leak was, I'm liking how an October 2023 release matches up with what I said, because of the plans for 2H 2021 PS5 port giving away they have no release schedule in 2022. Thus 2023.

PS5 port gives some 2 years to finish5 the game and have it ready for 2023 release.

If currently at the moment 2023 is set as the release year, naturally they are going to target sometime in 2022 as the announcement. The weird corrupt problem, is uncertain societal instances which can make that difficult on top of any usual hiccups.

You cannot motion capture in a pandemic at regular pace, if you have to keep testing people and verifying that they aren't carriers.

I am really disappointed they allowed a full 10 years to elapse between both titles, all because they sat on it and let RDR 2 production get so out of control.

Edited by CM1
Annoying Voice To Text
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Today on the official website Rockstar noticed the Roman number MCMXCVIII at the bottom of the page, which means 1997. Could this be a hint that GTA 6 will be held in 1997?

• KEKW 2
GTA-MANIAC-106

I believe this is just the year when Rockstar Games was established.

dantedenirodeniro
22 hours ago, TaRoS said:

Hello everyone! Today on the official website Rockstar noticed the Roman number MCMXCVIII at the bottom of the page, which means 1997. Could this be a hint that GTA 6 will be held in 1997?

1998*

Rockstar was founded in 1998

Edited by dantedenirodeniro
  • 4 weeks later...
Just-Chippin

I think we’re going to see a later announcement than usual. Almost every  R* game has been delayed. I think this time they’ll announce when they’re good and ready.

also, I don’t think it’s sensible to compare VI production timeline to V. Each new open world R* game has longer development. RDRII set the standards for detail much higher than before. I’d say production for V will be a year above RDRII production.

Il 28/3/2021 alle 13:08, Just-Chippin ha detto:

Penso che vedremo un annuncio più tardi del solito. Quasi tutti i giochi R * sono stati ritardati. Penso che questa volta annunceranno quando saranno bravi e pronti.

inoltre, non credo sia sensato interpreta la sequenza temporale della produzione VI con V. Ogni nuovo gioco R * open world ha uno sviluppo più lungo. RDRII ha stabilito gli standard per i dettagli molto più alti di prima. Direi che la produzione di V sarà un anno superiore alla produzione di RDRII.

approssimativamente, quando potremmo vedere un trailer? questo da solo sarebbe sufficiente per accendere un po 'di clamore anyway first Oh Then, they'll have to let us know something. with trailers and pictures. they can't keep us in the dark any longer.

Edited by dennis89
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MostWantedMVP

What do you think of a GTA 6 announcement in October? 3 years since Red Dead Redemption 2 was released.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

When do you think we will see the first trailer? I hope for this year.

Edited by dennis89
36 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

What do you think of a GTA 6 announcement in October? 3 years since Red Dead Redemption 2 was released.

Spring/Fall 2022. I don't believe in 2021 reveal anymore.

• YEE 1