3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[New poll, vote again!] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions

Patrizio

When is GTA VI coming?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+
  2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+

EliteGamer_6

Announcement: Jan-June 2022 (precisely April)

Release: Jan-June 2024 (around the summer)

This has been my pick for the past year so I'll stick to it

Edited by EliteGamer_6
  • Like 3
  • Bruh 1
RedDagger
34 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Do you have all of the poll results saved as a screenshot, before the polls were reset?

This is last year's, which I think was the first time I reset the poll

br79Vqv.png

• Like 3
MrBreak16

2021 - Rockstar Games releases the next-gen port of GTA V

2022 - Rockstar Games tease GTA VI and release a trailer with a release date for 2023

From this point, there are two scenarios:

Rockstar Games release GTA VI in 2023

or

Rockstar Games delay GTA VI to polish the game and releases it in 2024 (Like they did with GTA V and RDR2) 

• Like 3
GRANDHEIST
On 1/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, gonnaenodaethat said:

March announcement 

September release date

July delay announcement

December revised release

November another delay announcement 

March 2021 2023 actual release

Let's try this again?

Edited by GRANDHEIST
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 7
SeventyRanger42

I think we would have to wait another 7/8 years for a new game, since the last one was RDR2 in 2018. I'm not even saying to wait for a new GTA, just any game from Rockstar, since they became greedy from milking GTAO and it looks like they don´t want to make any more games. 

• excuseme 3
MrBreak16
22 minutes ago, SeventyRanger42 said:

I think we would have to wait another 7/8 years for a new game, since the last one was RDR2 in 2018. I'm not even saying to wait for a new GTA, just any game from Rockstar, since they became greedy from milking GTAO and it looks like they don´t want to make any more games. 

Didn’t Rockstar recently said that they would "Absolutely" continue to tell single-player stories?

SeventyRanger42
1 minute ago, MrBreak16 said:

Didn’t Rockstar recently said that they would "Absolutely" continue to tell single-player stories?

I'm not sure, did they? 'Cause it definetly doesn´t look that way

Daniel Blain
18 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

2021 - Rockstar Games releases the next-gen port of GTA V

2022 - Rockstar Games tease GTA VI and release a trailer with a release date for 2023

From this point, there are two scenarios:

Rockstar Games release GTA VI in 2023

or

Rockstar Games delay GTA VI to polish the game and releases it in 2024 (Like they did with GTA V and RDR2) 

I think and it has already been said here: perhaps there won`t be any special PR for the next-gen port and Rockstar will update the game quite casually (you can remember the rather shabby trailer for PS5 version with the immortal "Why did I move here" at the beginning, the number of dislikes to the trailer exceeding the number of likes).

Rockstar believe that they should move the game to a new generation so that GTAO continues to work, shark cards are bought further. They need to fill in the remaining time before the release of GTA6.

Although GTA5 still looks good after 7 years, but it`s technically outdated. I can hardly look at these very outdated skyboxes in the game, sometimes very bad textures (even on ultra on PC), underwater landscapes and much more.

Rockstar did a great job in developing it, working through many aspects in details, so in many ways the game still gives a head start to many fresh games, but R* can`t milk the game forever. From all over the community, from the press is increasing pressure about GTA6. People are waiting for it like no other.

Given all this, I believe that an announcement in 2021 is quite possible, as well as a release in 2023 :)

2 hours ago, SeventyRanger42 said:

They can't stop wanting to make games, it's a huge company and it's just a business. May be with a little passion of some devs)

• Like 3
Chrome Zentorno

I don’t have much of a problem with any of this, except the first part and the last part. I can’t remember if the PS4/XONE release of GTA 5 was delayed but I can imagine the case back in 2014 may be the case now. Rockstar doesn’t just announce a date with the intent to change it later because of a delay, it just happens, and I think a delay would be less likely to happen for what’s essentially a remaster. 

For the bottom part, “next gen and current gen”??? By 2024, the Series X and PS5 will be the current gen, and they are current gen now. There’s a transitional period where games are released for both platforms at the same time, and 2024 is past that period. 

• Like 2
CoryLVV
2 minutes ago, Chrome Zentorno said:

I don’t have much of a problem with any of this, except the first part and the last part. I can’t remember if the PS4/XONE release of GTA 5 was delayed but I can imagine the case back in 2014 may be the case now. Rockstar doesn’t just announce a date with the intent to change it later because of a delay, it just happens, and I think a delay would be less likely to happen for what’s essentially a remaster. 

For the bottom part, “next gen and current gen”??? By 2024, the Series X and PS5 will be the current gen, and they are current gen now. There’s a transitional period where games are released for both platforms at the same time, and 2024 is past that period. 

The dates are made with worst case scenario in mind and the fact that no date has been announced for GTAV E&E. R* could surprise us and hit us with an earlier E&E release than we expect and we could have room left in 2021 for a VI tease/trailer. We don't really know what E&E entails yet, it could have some new stuff that could cause a delay, I'd rather set my expectations low and have rockstar surprise me than get my hopes up.

And yes, next gen and current gen, as in right now. I still consider PS4/XB1 current gen due to the lack of supply of the new consoles, that's why it's phrased like that. Obviously in 2024 that most likely won't be an issue anymore. 

• Like 2
MrBreak16
1 hour ago, CoryLVV said:

And yes, next gen and current gen, as in right now. I still consider PS4/XB1 current gen due to the lack of supply of the new consoles, that's why it's phrased like that. Obviously in 2024 that most likely won't be an issue anymore. 

By 2024, millions of people will have a next-gen console. It would be stupid to think there would still be a lack of supply by that time. Also, releasing GTA VI on PS4 and Xbox One is a terrible idea. Rockstar Games would be restricted if they made the game on last-gen console, the game would end up with limitations and removed content and people will be disappointed. If they make the game on next-gen console only, they would have more freedom to make a great game

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 3
CoryLVV
3 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

It would be stupid to think there would still be a lack of supply by that time. Also, releasing GTA VI on PS4 and Xbox One is a terrible idea. Rockstar Games would be restricted if they made the game on last-gen console, the game would end up with limitations and removed content and people will be disappointed. If they make the game on next-gen console only, they would have more freedom to make a great game

5 hours ago, CoryLVV said:

Obviously in 2024 that most likely won't be an issue anymore. 

• Like 2
testarossa 86
4 hours ago, MrBreak16 said:

By 2024, millions of people will have a next-gen console. It would be stupid to think there would still be a lack of supply by that time. Also, releasing GTA VI on PS4 and Xbox One is a terrible idea. Rockstar Games would be restricted if they made the game on last-gen console, the game would end up with limitations and removed content and people will be disappointed. If they make the game on next-gen console only, they would have more freedom to make a great game

I want to disagree just a little here. I do understand and get the idea they perhaps would have to cut content for performance reasons resulting in negative feedback, but it might not be the case 100%.

from the way I see it, if they DON'T release GTA VI on PS4/Xbox One they might be missing out on a huge market for revenue from Online; even though yes, by 2024, next-gen consoles may be much easier to get, but they would still be roughly new-ish.

the next gen consoles would still be in the middle of their lifespan, if we assume GTA VI is only on next-gen, that means GTA VI's Online would only be on one single console generation for many many years to come without a maybe "re-release" for 10th generation consoles by almost 2030 or so.

Rockstar is a business at the end of the day as well, we have now seen GTA V released on 3 different generations of consoles. Rockstar clearly wants to achieve as much players as possible, so how could they not offer the title to PS4/Xbox One in someway?

as we just saw the failure of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4/Xbox One, I would doubt Rockstar would ever consider following the same footsteps and implement a much better way to offer GTA VI to both generations.

that's just my view, but I do agree that the game itself would most likely suffer from cut content and what not, however, this doesn't mean they have to cut content for all platforms... just my guess.

Thomas Cavendish

Seriously, I can't believe a person can consider the release of GTAVI for PS4/Xbox One.

• Like 5
Chrome Zentorno
8 hours ago, testarossa 86 said:

I want to disagree just a little here. I do understand and get the idea they perhaps would have to cut content for performance reasons resulting in negative feedback, but it might not be the case 100%.

from the way I see it, if they DON'T release GTA VI on PS4/Xbox One they might be missing out on a huge market for revenue from Online; even though yes, by 2024, next-gen consoles may be much easier to get, but they would still be roughly new-ish.

the next gen consoles would still be in the middle of their lifespan, if we assume GTA VI is only on next-gen, that means GTA VI's Online would only be on one single console generation for many many years to come without a maybe "re-release" for 10th generation consoles by almost 2030 or so.

Rockstar is a business at the end of the day as well, we have now seen GTA V released on 3 different generations of consoles. Rockstar clearly wants to achieve as much players as possible, so how could they not offer the title to PS4/Xbox One in someway?

as we just saw the failure of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4/Xbox One, I would doubt Rockstar would ever consider following the same footsteps and implement a much better way to offer GTA VI to both generations.

that's just my view, but I do agree that the game itself would most likely suffer from cut content and what not, however, this doesn't mean they have to cut content for all platforms... just my guess.

You are aware that Rockstar discontinued Online updates for the PS3 and 360 in 2015, right? The servers are still up but Rockstar doesn’t care what you do in them. By your logic they could’ve kept the updates up and made more money, but they didn’t. Last-gen console support was axed almost exactly 2 years after it came out, and almost a year after the release of the next-gen version. The PS4 and XONE are going to be as obsolete in 2024 as the PS3 and 360 were in 2015.

• Like 2
Geisterfaust
17 hours ago, testarossa 86 said:

By the time VI will be around, PS4/XB1 will be ancient history. Look, they are already seven years old today and that is basically the same gap that was between 360 and ONE and we are talking 2024 here and brand new open world game on the 10 years old consoles. You must be joking if you think that these relics are going to stick around in 2024. Comparing the processing power and prices, most people are now supply-bound not to get PS5/new XB and by the 2024 there would be absolutely no sense to stick around unless you are interested in some legacy games that are not properly ported for backward compatibility.

It doesn't matter if we like it or not, PS4/XB1 days are over. Just as 2080 Ti days are over and all thanks to progress.

BTW, if a good reason not to get VI is the lack of proper consoles, I can live with that. But R* should seriously start treating PC players decently.

Edited by Geisterfaust
  • Like 4
testarossa 86
9 hours ago, Chrome Zentorno said:

You are aware that Rockstar discontinued Online updates for the PS3 and 360 in 2015, right? The servers are still up but Rockstar doesn’t care what you do in them. By your logic they could’ve kept the updates up and made more money, but they didn’t. Last-gen console support was axed almost exactly 2 years after it came out, and almost a year after the release of the next-gen version. The PS4 and XONE are going to be as obsolete in 2024 as the PS3 and 360 were in 2015.

I never mentioned them adding more updates to make more money, it's obvious that Rockstar does not have to add content every month of the year to Online to make billions a year.

just look at the last 2 years alone, Rockstar has clearly slowed down on pushing out updates for Online and still manage to break sale records from the year before.

all I am trying to say is if they push out GTA VI on PS4/Xbox One, it would most likely maximize their sales.

2024 is still a long way from now and the game may not even release in 2024, it could be earlier or later, depending on which can determine if it's even possible for a PS4/Xbox One release entirely.

testarossa 86
14 minutes ago, Geisterfaust said:

By the time VI will be around, PS4/XB1 will be ancient history. Look, they are already seven years old today and that is basically the same gap that was between 360 and ONE and we are talking 2024 here and brand new open world game on the 10 years old consoles. You must be joking if you think that these relics are going to stick around in 2024. Comparing the processing power and prices, most people are now supply-bound not to get PS5/new XB and by the 2024 there would be absolutely no sense to stick around unless you are interested in some legacy games that are not properly ported for backward compatibility.

It doesn't matter if we like it or not, PS4/XB1 days are over. Just as 2080 Ti days are over and all thanks to progress.

BTW, if a good reason not to get VI is the lack of proper consoles, I can live with that. But R* should seriously start treating PC players decently.

yes, the consoles are very old.

repeating what I stated in my other reply,

2024 is still a long way from now and the game may not even release in 2024, it could be earlier or later, depending on which can determine if it's even possible for a PS4/Xbox One release entirely.

we truly know nothing about the game and how it will look/perform.

all I was trying to say it would most likely maximize their sales, which seems like they love doing since GTA V is now coming to next-gen consoles.

Bloodytears1666

Third update on GTA 5 kinda showed that next game is really that far away. For me it even put a doubt, that it is worth waiting.

Chris Liberty
On 1/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, CoryLVV said:

XAWJamL.jpg

Rockstar Games did this with RDR2. Why do it again with GTA 6?

Before RDR2 was announced, everyone thought Rockstar was going to display the game's logo on their site, like in 2011 with GTA 5.

Rockstar likes to surprise us. It would be very disturbing and very disappointing to see Rockstar use the same strategy for the announcement of GTA 6.

• Like 2
FanEu7

If the game comes out in 2023 like some are predicting it means we waited 10 years for another GTA game, pretty crazy. This way I wonder how many more GTA games we will even get in our lifetime..

• Like 1
FanEu7
On 1/4/2021 at 4:45 AM, Thomas Cavendish said:

Seriously, I can't believe a person can consider the release of GTAVI for PS4/Xbox One.

That would only have happened if they didn't make RDR2, then we would have another GTA V situation with it coming out on last gen first and then next gen. 

Chris Liberty
3 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Si le jeu sort en 2023, comme certains le prédisent, cela signifie que nous avons attendu 10 ans pour un autre jeu GTA, assez fou. De cette façon, je me demande combien de jeux GTA nous aurons encore dans notre vie.

It's not impossible that GTA 6 will be the last. I think the pace of a GTA every 10 years is very likely now. Maybe it's better that way when you see how Rockstar changes.

GRANDHEIST
7 hours ago, Chris Liberty said:

Maybe it's better that way when you see how Rockstar changes.

Your Rockstar Docs coming soon?

dennis89
On 2/1/2021 at 18:03, SeventyRanger42 said:

I think we should wait another 7/8 years for a new game

Let's not exaggerate even if you don't talk about gta waiting for another gta for eight years seems a bit exaggerated.It's been nine years basing me on the official videos of the official rockstar games channel

Edited by dennis89
Chris Liberty
3 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

Your Rockstar Docs coming soon?

Yes ! Thanks for asking.
We are late because we will be offering a translation of the first documentaries. And all the new ones will also have their translation as soon as they are released !

• Like 2
Thomas Cavendish
15 hours ago, Chris Liberty said:

Rockstar Games did this with RDR2. Why do it again with GTA 6?

Before RDR2 was announced, everyone thought Rockstar was going to display the game's logo on their site, like in 2011 with GTA 5.

Rockstar likes to surprise us. It would be very disturbing and very disappointing to see Rockstar use the same strategy for the announcement of GTA 6.

why would they change a strategy that made 1 billion in two days?