3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[New poll, vote again!] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions

Patrizio

When is GTA VI coming?  

1,081 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+
  2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+

Len Lfc
7 minutes ago, OrthurYouDumbass said:

I know there isn't a possibility but I hope we get some good announcement this year. There are [This post has been flagged and will be monitored] about RDR2 next gen version being shown on State of play event next month. If that's true, that'd be f*cking amazing. 

Well put it this way, Red Dead Redemption 2 launched with an Online service, that is intended to last for multiple years. They will want that available on PS5 & XSX. They will be due to backwards compatibility, but they'll always be limited by the old hardware that way. So it makes sense it would come to next-gen. So that is possible, if not likely.

• Like 1
Orthur The Boah
33 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Well put it this way, Red Dead Redemption 2 launched with an Online service, that is intended to last for multiple years. They will want that available on PS5 & XSX. They will be due to backwards compatibility, but they'll always be limited by the old hardware that way. So it makes sense it would come to next-gen. So that is possible, if not likely.

Ikr it's possible.

Btw I'm new on the forums, I don't chat that much I just lurk (like you before gta 5?), Why does it say my post is flagged and will be monitored?

Zello

Just thought about something if the next GTA is believed to be in Miami Rockstar isn't going to be able to do scouting trips down there because of COVID-19. Yes we know they do them earlier and years before but what about follow ups and sh*t like that.

• Like 1
Len Lfc
On 8/1/2020 at 6:27 AM, Zello said:

Just thought about something if the next GTA is believed to be in Miami Rockstar isn't going to be able to do scouting trips down there because of COVID-19. Yes we know they do them earlier and years before but what about follow ups and sh*t like that.

I don't know if they'd 'need' to go back. And if they did, maybe they could call in favours from locals. Besides, even now, people can still travel, etc.

That said...

Games will be delayed. Who knows if GTA VI will be affected, or by how much.

EVOLUT7ON
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

I don't know if they'd 'need' to go back. And if they did, maybe they could call in favours from locals. Besides, even now, people can still travel, etc.

That said...

Games will be delayed. Who knows if GTA VI will be affected, or by how much.

6 monthes for sure. One year is 50/50.

Maybe that’s why R* is making a standalone online. There is no other big project which could give them the money and insane profits. Yes, the updates are free. Yes, we will get a dozen of millions before next gen relaunch. But we will rebuy their game in 2021. And I believe R* won’t sit only in Los Santos and Sandy Shores. A map expansion is what comes to mind at 1st. RDR2’s graphic and improved vegetation and environment should hold us there for more than 2-3 years 

• Like 1
TheJesus1996

Announcement: 2022

Released Date: 2023 possible delayed to 2024

• Like 4
chuckclc

Meh, we all know after the election things will get back to normal and the whole COVID-19 thing will fade away. Just coincidentally.

• Like 2
  • excuseme 3
Extreme Hunt

I doubt GTA VI would happen anytime soon. Probably somewhere around 2024. If it does, it likely would be single-player only, else they need to maintain too much on both GTA V and VI online services. Also else idk how your online progress, properties and vehicles would carry over, or if you start from scratch, or wish to return to GTA V for w/e reason.

mrpotsworth

I'm going to say right now it's been massively delrayed due to a C word that ends with a number that's the end of been a teenager

Seen as this is 2020 and everything is being censored and we can't really voice our own opinion I have to type in this way to keep the mods happy who i'm sure are reading this and trying to pick out anything they can to delete what i'm typing lol hi guys.... 

Anyway again this is MY OWN OPINION that today seems we can't have on the internet

but if the game started production back in late 2014 / early 2015 most likely the story is finished by now rumours around the internet is GTA IV is to be set in 70s 80s and 90s and possibly moving forward in time into the GTA Online being set in modern time "if this is the case" this could set the game back massively as not only lockdown had an impact on production but maybe the online will take a real twist now the world as lived through a pandemic and i'm not talking about few stupid masks being added i'm talking about missions being changed and maybe even full story lines... 

I'd like to add more to this but i'm sure i'd be banned so I want you use your imagination "think of a technocrat who wants to save the world with a vaccine" being added to GTA Online II as mission giver I think ""him who shall remain nameless"" would be perfect for GTA Online 

I'm also calling this to be add to the game in some way at 2mins it sounds perfect for a loading screen if next gen even have them....

Edited by mrpotsworth
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, mrpotsworth said:

I'm going to say right now it's been massively delrayed due to a C word that ends with a number that's the end of been a teenager

Seen as this is 2020 and everything is being censored and we can't really voice our own opinion I have to type in this way to keep the mods happy who i'm sure are reading this and trying to pick out anything they can to delete what i'm typing lol hi guys.... 

Anyway again this is MY OWN OPINION that today seems we can't have on the internet

but if the game started production back in late 2014 / early 2015 most likely the story is finished by now rumours around the internet is GTA IV is to be set in 70s 80s and 90s and possibly moving forward in time into the GTA Online being set in modern time "if this is the case" this could set the game back massively as not only lockdown had an impact on production but maybe the online will take a real twist now the world as lived through a pandemic and i'm not talking about few stupid masks being added i'm talking about missions being changed and maybe even full story lines... 

I'd like to add more to this but i'm sure i'd be banned so I want you use your imagination "think of a technocrat who wants to save the world with a vaccine" being added to GTA Online II as mission giver I think ""him who shall remain nameless"" would be perfect for GTA Online 

I'm also calling this to be add to the game in some way at 2mins it sounds perfect for a loading screen if next gen even have them....

Production start and project start are absolutely not the same thing. There's a very big difference between starting of motion capturing and recording which mostly dominates production and basic project inauguration.

There is no way VI production has been underway since what you claimed, let alone any time before 2017-2018. If there's any element of the game that was recorded or motion-capture is before 2018, they oughta be ashamed of themselves for putting out something that would be that dated. At worst RDR2, which is not even set in a contemporary setting, took 6 years in production and less than 8 years to create & release.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, CaptainCronic296 said:

announcement———spring 2022

release———autumn 2024

That just isn't how it works at all. I continue repeating myself in pointing out over and over that they do not announce games 2.5 years in advance on purpose.

At worst, RDR2 suffered significant delays before and after announcement, then arrived within 24 months of announcement. GTA V was announced at 1 year out, it got delayed under a year, less than RDR2.

This company announces 1 year out, not almost 3 years.

It will be announced sometime between late 2022 and 2023, probably ultimately releasing in 2024 including potential delays.

They probably want 9 months dedicated to GTA V Pt. III: Stuck in 2013 Los Santos

Edited by CM1
  • Like 4
Vitamina_BR
Spoiler

I believe it will be released in late 2022 and a final announcement from 2020 until mid-2021, I believe we will see a GTA in Vice City or Las Venturas (maybe both or more?) And it will be in the 70s and 80s, I believe that the game will pass the years throughout the Game as in RDR2, perhaps in a range of 10 years and a jump to modern times, I think it would be unique if that were done.

I do not believe that the game brings very realistic elements like RDR2, as incredible as it gets tiring and overwhelming,

I believe that rockstar can bring these elements, but in a more "arcade" way, which is characteristic of GTA's I still hope to see a logo on the ROCKSTAR website later this year ...

let's see!

Edited by Vitamina_BR
  • 1 month later...
EliteGamer_6

This is my final thought and prediction and I will never change my mind.

Announcement: 2022/23

Release: summer 2024

Edited by EliteGamer_6

Honest to God reality here is that:

December 2021 is likely the absolute earliest date of any GTA VI announcement.

Dependent on if PS5 and XBX editions of V are released on time and come out (early) by late Summer 2021 (second half starts July 1).

If Take Two managed a miracle and released VI by December 2022 with no additional delays, that's the absolute earliest date. Only if 4-5 months is enough marketing time to give re-release V Part III to itself in post-launch focus and then moving on to the next big thing.

10% chance of this, as 4-5 months might not be considered enough time as a gap and summer 2021 projection of re-release is probably too early.

And honestly? There is no way in hell that is realistic now nor is VI going to be released anytime before 2023 in reality. Definitely will reach 10 years. As in the paragraph above, Late/Q4 2021 for GTA V re-release is more likely, plus add another 6-9 months of extra marketing time and that's probably a better ballpark.

I almost bet on my life, it's a 2022 announcement and unfortunately 2024 release in the event of delays pushing it that far back.

RG/T2 give themselves up to an additional year in the event of delays, but announce typically 1 yearish out.

Also, I imagine this game was once in early development 5 years ago and halted, only to be restarted recently and thus in "early development".

Probably even taken out of context and "early development" was probably "full production", as in early stages of voice recording & mocap versus early planning phase (V was in EP phase in early 2009 vs full production start in September 2010).

Take 2 originally wanted a 2.5 to 4 year release gap between both GTA V and RDR 2, versus 5 year gap it became with delays involved. PS4/XB1 shift and RDR2 delays messed that up.

By late 2024/2025, a full 6-7 years without a fully new T2 title and 11-12 years on the same LS-based V, will do very badly image wise.

Unless massive improvements and expansions are made, GTA V and Los Santos based online, will crater in popularity by 2023 and profitability won't be as certain, outside of GTA Online. Even that might be very dated.

7 years is a lot now for V, but nothing to sneeze at, with the above scenario in 2023 as a reality and no new GTA VI being released that year, against no all new Take Two title since 2018.

Outside of corporate cynicism, greed, and smug complacency, COVID is my only worry, hurting any genuine R&D attempts by Rockstar to meet a 2023 launch of GTA VI. So forget about any release in 2022, as V on PS5 in 2021 has 90% killed that possibility.

Take Two MUST meet a 2023 release and not slouch. No ifs and buts, because it would need to be a very large and impressive game and nothing moderate-sized, after such a long gestation and gap.

Alternatively, 2024 release is a 20% likelihood, based solely on extreme delays. First half ideally versus second half, reaching a full 6 years since the last title and 11 years of V.

2025+ is just reason enough to reject the product and franchise. At that point, another title should surpass them.

Ultimately, if Take Two somehow time it all very well, by giving V re-release some space for marketing while ramping up VI production as best as possible, announce VI in the spring of 2022 for spring 2023 release and manage internal delays to be at worst Q4 2023 delivery, they'll do themselves right.

This is the absolute best possible scenario, aside from December 2022 release against December 2021 announcement. Plus more realistic. 2024 is believable, but pitiful and glaringly disgraceful, being well over 3-4 years away.

Edited by CM1
  • Like 2

Is there any chance to see GTA 6 announced at the same time as the december update?

For example like they did in summer saying a big update is coming but instead they say a new game

On 10/8/2020 at 6:27 AM, Spoksss said:

Is there any chance to see GTA 6 announced at the same time as the december update?

For example like they did in summer saying a big update is coming but instead they say a new game

I wish that would happen, but it feels like a pipe dream.

Americana

Release Date: 2025

PC Release Date: 2027

Enhanced Version Release Date: 2037

Edited by Americana
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2
EliteGamer_6
2 hours ago, Americana said:

Release Date: 2025

PC Release Date: 2027

Enhanced Version Release Date: 2037

What makes you think that rockstar will announce the game 3 YEARS before the release? 

• Like 1
Americana

Grand Theft Auto V was announced 2 years before it was released, so Grand Theft Auto VI could be 3 years, with delays.

• Like 2
Franceskrt
21 hours ago, Americana said:

Annuncio: 2022

Data di rilascio: 2025

Data di rilascio per PC: 2027

Data di rilascio della versione migliorata: 2037

Bruh that's exaggerated 

• Like 2
chrometokyo

I honestly thought this month we'd have some announcement. We're midway through the month and GTA 5 and RDR2 were announced on the 25th in 2011 and the 16th in 2016 respectively so there's still time, but if they don't announce it by the end of November then I doubt we're anywhere close to a release. It would make perfect sense to announce VI right now. V is being re-released on the PS5 and XBSX so we have a GTA to play on next gen (which was something they got a lot of heat for when V was released with the PS4 and XBO being released 2 months later). Everyone is worn out from V, we've done every mission, we've collected every collectible, we've driven every car, we know every inch of the map. Granted they have gotten every use out of V as they could which was something many of us wanted for a while but not to this extent. To think that back in 2011 we'd still be playing GTA V going into 2021.. it would be crazy.. 10 years of the same GTA with no news of a successor. I still hold out hope that Rockstar will pull through by the end of this month but if not, it would be a bit depressing. Another year of the same GTA with nothing coming in the near future. 

Still, my prediction is within the next 2 weeks an announcement, first trailer drops a few days after the announcement, second trailer will drop in the Spring of 2021 with little to no news in between now and then, gameplay series will drop in the summer, then it will release anywhere from mid September to mid November. I don't think they're going to delay their third straight game, which is why it's taken as long as it has. Then the GTA after that? Doubt we'll even be interested in video games any longer to care.

• Like 3
deathdealer

Going by my own projections and guesstimates, my updated announcement prediction would be in late april of 2022. Final release date would be october of 2023 with the initial release date being in march of 2023 because I can see this title getting delayed a few times.

• Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1
SeniorDerp

I have no projections on time of announcement but with the sh*t show of a timeline that RDR2 had it makes me wonder if R* is sitting on their hands until they know they’re legitimately 12-18 months out from release to announce it. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

If we don't hear anything about the next installment of the GTA franchise in the Q2 2021 Take-Two Interactive presentation tomorrow we can forget about GTA VI, but if I see anything about the Expanded and Enhanced version of GTA V for the next generation of consoles I will tell you.

• RedDagger changed the title to [New poll, vote again!] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions