3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[New poll, vote again!] GTA VI Announcement & Release Predictions

Patrizio

When is GTA VI coming?  

1,125 members have voted

1. 1. When will the next GTA be announced?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+
  2. 2. When will the next GTA be released?

• 2021 January-June
    • 2021 July-December
    • 2022 January-June
    • 2022 July-December
    • 2023 January-June
    • 2023 July-December
    • 2024 January-June
    • 2024 July-December
    • 2025 January-June
    • 2025 July-December
    • 2026+

13 hours ago, StrafeFTW said:

I think in the future the gap might be shorter because PS5 is said to reduce development time so I don't think we are going to wait for another 7-8 years for a new GTA game or a new RDR game or any other series.

True GTA6 coming in 2021 but we might see PS6 by 2026-2027

"Masayasu Ito, Sony’s Executive VP of Hardware Engineering, has implied that won’t happened but has said that the PlayStation 5 will have an effective lifespan of six to seven years, with a Pro version coming out somewhere in the middle.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/09/ps6-due-2026-says-sony-ps5-pro-three-four-years-11414263/?ito=cbshare

Edited by Thefames

GTA is not the only game Rockstar Games has. So it would be logical they reveal GTA 6 in 2020 for a release in late 2021 (due to delay :)). After that, we may see Bully II or another game for 2023. GTAO will still be there so no worries, and still, we can hope for a solo GTA 6 DLC.

GTA6 is in production stage they doing voice actors, game animations, motion capture, music and sound base on rumors so around almost Spring or Summer 2020 we see trailer of GTA6 it will be beta stages and early 2021 post production/release stages then final product by October 2021.

Edited by Thefames
NorthOfVarnen

It’s also my firm belief that the announcement will surface sometime this fall with the game releasing in either 2021-2022 depending if there’s a delay or not (the probability of that is quite high though i would say).

GrandTheftAutobot

Lets hope for an announcement in the next few months. Otherwise we are looking at 2022 I'd fear.

I think Bully 2 is still coming but they ran into a few problems, perhaps trying to make it work on current gen and all decided now to focus on GTA Next perhaps?

If the teaser trailer has a voice over I'd expect it to be a woman......which soon turns into a giggling man as it's our man Trevor..... 🙃 

Anyone else think we could see an announcement this March? Then at the PS5 reveal at E3 Sony show off some exclusive screenshots? It's happened before.

GrandTheftAutobot

I keep reading about March. Where did this come from? I mean I know we have the PS5 stuff in February....

daisymollie

I'm waiting for the new Xbox Series X (or whatever they end up calling it) which is probably due before the PS5.

When was the last time R* released a game at the originally reported release date ? GTAV slipped about 4 months from Q2 2013 to September 2013 (announced late October 2011). RDR2 slipped from Q2 2017 to late 2018 (announced October 2016). I seem to remember RDR2 of PC slipping too ?

On the face of it, going by those two, even if we get an announcement in 2020, don't bet on seeing it before 2022, but there might be some reasons this time for a shorter period between announcement and release:

• R* might have learnt their lesson and are delaying an announcement until they have more confidence in their expected release date. Investors will like the news of another game, typically delays are considered bad news.
  •  
  • GTAO (and to a lesser extent, RDO) still provide a decent revenue stream, they may take the view that announcement of the next game might affect that revenue stream, so might want to protect that as long as possible.
  •  
  • If the game is next gen only they might wait to see how the sales are before announcing - they will want a big chunk of revenue when the game is released (as GTA5 got). If the console sales are slow they could look to delay the game until they pick up. If consoles sales are good and they see both revenue and playerbase in GTA5/RDR2 drop as people play new stuff they could decide to announce and set a release date.
  •  
  • Given how much we don't know about next gen consoles, there could be an agreement not to release details of the game until the consoles are announced and we have more information on them. Previews of the game might divulge details about the consoles that Sony/MS want to keep under wraps whilst they build hype.
  •  
  • Next gen will not have the playerbase size the PS3/X360 did for years, this means the game can't sell as much as GTA5 did. If console manufacturers paid R* a bunch of cash they could get some sort of deal together to encourage people to buy the new consoles. I doubt if this would be a platform exclusivity deal as rumoured some time ago, but it could be some sort of special edition - maybe a set of extra cars/properties/clothes/missions only available on that platform. This might go some way to bump revenue for R*. GTA games have a massive pull so this could work really well for both the console makers and R*.
  •  
  • Now imagine that there is a new PSVR coming and GTA6 has VR (in some capacity) imagine the impact of "here's the new console!" "here's the new VR" "Here's the new game, oh and it has VR!" Maybe a VR version could be Sony's "special edition" given that MS don't seem to be looking at it ? Of course PC version could have it too.

I reckon we might hear more in the second half of this year once the consoles are announced and all the details are in the public domain. I also think once it is announced, we won't have to wait 2 years for the game to be released. I'm still very much on the fence about exactly when it'll arrive, but if the special edition thing happens, I wouldn't rule out a late 2021 release for the holidays as the sales push for that time.

Edited by Crafty-
  • Like 1
OysterBarron
KingAJ032304
On 4/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, Thefames said:

Fall 2020 to Spring 2021 

I can 100% promise you it is not coming out before fall 2021.

On 12/27/2019 at 2:40 AM, StrafeFTW said:

Lol that's probably when GTA 7 is going to release. 

The saddest part about that is it's quite possible that GTA 7 won't release until 2030-2035

On 12/20/2019 at 5:54 AM, Len Lfc said:

Announcement: October 19th or 26th 2021

Release: August - October 2023. Probably October.

I agree with this actually but I just can't see it coming out before August.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, Crafty- said:

When was the last time R* released a game at the originally reported release date ? GTAV slipped about 4 months from Q2 2013 to September 2013 (announced late October 2011). RDR2 slipped from Q2 2017 to late 2018 (announced October 2016). I seem to remember RDR2 of PC slipping too ?

On the face of it, going by those two, even if we get an announcement in 2020, don't bet on seeing it before 2022, but there might be some reasons this time for a shorter period between announcement and release:

• R* might have learnt their lesson and are delaying an announcement until they have more confidence in their expected release date. Investors will like the news of another game, typically delays are considered bad news.
  •  
  • GTAO (and to a lesser extent, RDO) still provide a decent revenue stream, they may take the view that announcement of the next game might affect that revenue stream, so might want to protect that as long as possible.
  •  
  • If the game is next gen only they might wait to see how the sales are before announcing - they will want a big chunk of revenue when the game is released (as GTA5 got). If the console sales are slow they could look to delay the game until they pick up. If consoles sales are good and they see both revenue and playerbase in GTA5/RDR2 drop as people play new stuff they could decide to announce and set a release date.
  •  
  • Given how much we don't know about next gen consoles, there could be an agreement not to release details of the game until the consoles are announced and we have more information on them. Previews of the game might divulge details about the consoles that Sony/MS want to keep under wraps whilst they build hype.
  •  
  • Next gen will not have the playerbase size the PS3/X360 did for years, this means the game can't sell as much as GTA5 did. If console manufacturers paid R* a bunch of cash they could get some sort of deal together to encourage people to buy the new consoles. I doubt if this would be a platform exclusivity deal as rumoured some time ago, but it could be some sort of special edition - maybe a set of extra cars/properties/clothes/missions only available on that platform. This might go some way to bump revenue for R*. GTA games have a massive pull so this could work really well for both the console makers and R*.
  •  
  • Now imagine that there is a new PSVR coming and GTA6 has VR (in some capacity) imagine the impact of "here's the new console!" "here's the new VR" "Here's the new game, oh and it has VR!" Maybe a VR version could be Sony's "special edition" given that MS don't seem to be looking at it ? Of course PC version could have it too.

I reckon we might hear more in the second half of this year once the consoles are announced and all the details are in the public domain. I also think once it is announced, we won't have to wait 2 years for the game to be released. I'm still very much on the fence about exactly when it'll arrive, but if the special edition thing happens, I wouldn't rule out a late 2021 release for the holidays as the sales push for that time.

THAnK YOU! Many peoople don't understand that Rockstar delays their games at least twice and are released almost 2 years after the first trailer.

Len Lfc
Len Lfc
On 1/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, Crafty- said:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Excellent post. Although RDR2 was originally set for Q4, fall 2017 ;)

I used to agree about the install base of next gen consoles, and I still do, more or less. But one thing I did not originally factor was the fact that there are more people playing games in 2020, than there were in 2013. For example, look at PlayStations tweets announcing the PS4 vs PS5

PS4 has 13K likes, and 18.9K people talking about it. But PS5 has 216K likes and 99K people talking about it. Now, sure, this may be more of an indication that social media has grown. But still, more people are interested in gaming today, than in 2013. Plus, we expect the adoption rate to be faster, due to backwards compatibility. Back in 2013, you couldn't play your old games on a PS4 or X1. So many people waited until the new consoles were 'worth buying'. in 2020, you'll be able to play most, if not all your PS4 or X1 games on a PS5 or Series X. Not to mention see significant improvements in load times, thanks to the SSD alone. Maybe even enhancement patches for some 2019/2020 games?

I still expect a 2023 release for GTA VI. But I'm less convinced that Rockstar will want to wait for an install base to grow to a big enough size. And Rockstar surely know it's going to be tough to beat GTA V's day 1 sales. $1BN in 2 days is going to be extremely difficult to beat. They won't wait, just so they can beat that. But they'll certainly stand a chance of matching lifetime sales, if GTA VI is anything like GTA V.

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 4

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

If they don't announce it this year then it's possible GTA 6 doesn't even exist.

What are they working on, then? 
It takes a lot of time to build anything in scales of what GTA V was, R* is planning something bigger and better, hence it takes them longer to build any sort of a alpha-beta-final version project.

GTA VI is 100% in development, they are experimenting with new semi-hidden features on GTA Online which will be included in their next title.

Edited by bashovski
GrandTheftAutobot
9 hours ago, Thefames said:

If Rockstar games doesn't reveal GTA6 by May 2020 it not coming in 2021 maybe other game besides GTA

Have to agree. If they announce this medieval thing I swear I'll put my foot through my screen. GTA VI won't be coming until 2023 at the earliest then.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, GrandTheftAutobot said:

Have to agree. If they announce this medieval thing I swear I'll put my foot through my screen. 

ِAnd send the video to R*😅

• YEE 1
GrandTheftAutobot
15 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

ِAnd send the video to R*😅

How do you know I record myself??!! 😲

• YEE 1
  • Ame I ssh
gonnaenodaethat

March announcement 

September release date

July delay announcement