2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why is drug dealing still not a thing in GTA:Online?

El-Gaddafii

El-Gaddafii

As the title says, what are your opinions on this subject as I personally think it's something thats missing from this game and something that could greatly improve the gameplay.

I've been inspired to right this post as I've just watched a video with someone sharing the same thoughts I remember emailing rockstar with and made some very interesting points. For example:

- implementing drug drops similar to the now forgotten crate drops where players would have to go and collect packages from remote parts of the map or maybe even missions from Gerald or a new contact to get the drugs.

- players would need to purchase properties such as warehouses to store their merchandise before moving it on.

- shipments would depend on the vehicle used to transport it i.e. Speedo for smaller shipments eventually workin your way up to an 18-wheeler with payouts adjusted accordingly.

Some other ideas I've had since the Executive update is to tie in or use similar features for drug-running operations. For example:

- their must be a certain criteria someone meets before being able to become a kingpin (just like you need to have a million in the bank to be considered a VIP) I'm thinking a certain rank requirement and obviously a property to store merchandise maybe even have only crew leaders eligible to move large amounts but that just may be too much.

- possibly a similar organisation format but larger, say 10 players (smuggling operations tend to be bigger than protection details)

- give the kingpin the ability to set up deals through a similar menu as securoserv or maybe have different contacts phone up for product.

These are just a few ideas, there's so many more and I'm sure everyone has even better ideas. As I said personally I think a 'Kingpins and pushers' type update could really revive this game for a lot of people who are looking for more 'gameplay' oriented updates and things to do instead of the same old shiny 'new' cars and for the ones happy just spending their GTA cash they can just spend it on pure colombian cocaine.

TL;DR

I just wanna have a coke party on my yacht.

Psoloquoise

Drug dealing on Chinatown was the best part of the game. I wish they would implement it somehow.

• Like 4

JohnDoe7125539271

We've got dozens of millions, supercars, yachts... think i'd waste my time with drug dealing? Open up BAWSAQ already!

nWo_Y2J_2015

Just sounds confusing and boring. Coke party? Just smoke your bong then.

El-Gaddafii

Just sounds confusing and boring. Coke party? Just smoke your bong then.

That last part really was just a joke LOL

Though I think it would be interesting for a different type of freemode activity something a bit more tactical where you would actually have to plan out your route, place spotters/snipers in positions to warn of any incoming threats etc.

Its more the gameplay value and the fact you are actually working toward something (progressing from selling grams on the street to smuggling keys across and maybe even out of state.)

Just wanted to see if people had anything constructive to say instead of the usual 'this car needs to be in the next update' conversation.

• Like 2

Maybe they could have u hiring NPC's to do the low level street dealing for u, and you then on occasion have to protect them from other players.

• Like 1

Keith Richards did all the drugs, none left.

Mainthreadrule.gif

Because it's R*, and you know how things work with R*.

Edited by Arachne
  • Like 2

FuqOutTheWay

It would be cool if you got random phone calls from people asking if you can drop drugs off to a location for cash and you had to go pick up more when your inventory runs low.

I would welcome this, being able to own businesses like in SP & the BAWSAQ being introduced.

• Like 1

Been wanting this feature forever now. I've basically lost hope until then.

• Like 1

Drug dealing on Chinatown was the best part of the game. I wish they would implement it somehow.

yeah, f*ck free mode events
  • Like 1

DangerZ0neX

Think of it from a R* standpoint.

Selling drugs has a high-risk and high-profit theme to it, and since it's just a game players would gladly take it, but since they have to generate as much money as heists and takes a lot of time to develop, so Rockstar might abandon thinking up a DLC like that, although it might work if it makes as much as VIP work.

They could also tell us that Gerald does all the drug dealing and we shouldn't mess with his territory, or some bullsh*t like that idk.

Edited by DangerZ0neX
  • Like 2

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Kids in gtao... i mean...look at the ingame chat

DangerZ0neX

usup1RM.jpg Edited by DangerZ0neX

lll-H-I-M-lll

It would damage sharkcard sales thats why it probably wont ever be added

I'm rich with garages worth millions each, own a million dollar house, own a 10 million dollar yacht, and enough military machinery to protect a small island.

Why would I deal drugs?

• Like 3

usup1RM.jpg

Fixed that for you:

DM1wH9s.jpg

ViolatingBox

It would be cool if you got random phone calls from people asking if you can drop drugs off to a location for cash and you had to go pick up more when your inventory runs low.

And random ones were actually under cover cops! 3 star wanted level, runnnnnn

• Like 2

Yes I do: they create a massive game with literally hundreds of things to do, then they add in a bunch of stuff that people have really been wanting as well as some new things they think we might like, and then we bitch endlessly about the four or five things they haven't added yet. Then they probably go home and take their kids' toys away because hurr durr Cockstar

• Like 2

El-Gaddafii

Drugs is bad ! k ?

Hmm tell Bigpharma that :p haha

Think of it from a R* standpoint.

Selling drugs has a high-risk and high-profit theme to it, and since it's just a game players would gladly take it, but since they have to generate as much money as heists and takes a lot of time to develop, so Rockstar might abandon thinking up a DLC like that, although it might work if it makes as much as VIP work.

They could also tell us that Gerald does all the drug dealing and we shouldn't mess with his territory, or some bullsh*t like that idk.

There would obviously be limits for different shipments with the largest possibly netting you 1-5mil (remember this must then be shared between the organisation of 10) IMO it would suck if Gerald was the only kingpin in LS, this way you could have NPC gang members coming after you as well as law enforcement to make it all the more challenging all this in a 20+ player lobby and the reward is greatly outweighed by the risk which is a good thing as its a game.

Its not my problem parents can't do their jobs nowadays lol why should the ones who can actually enjoy this game be limited in options because of the kids? All sounds a bit ironic to me.

This is probably the main reason even tho there are ways to balance it so the payout isnt too much (just look at the abismal payouts from heists) but just think if we the players could purchase our favourite substance from everyones favourite dealer, with each having its positive/negative effects e.g players snorting a ton of coke before going on a rampage lasting longer (kinda like the last scene in scarface) something tells me there would be a lot of coke addicts in-game haha

I'm rich with garages worth millions each, own a million dollar house, own a 10 million dollar yacht, and enough military machinery to protect a small island.

Why would I deal drugs?

Well you could always turn to the other side become a crack addict and smoke away all your 'assets'

On a more serious note the idea would be to allow higher level rich veterans of the game to help lower level crew members and friends to attain their wealth and make it in the GTA world. Obviously someone new or even relatively new to the game would not be allowed to purchase a $10-50 million property or the vehicles needed to transport the merchandise.

This is probably the main reason

No it's not. Sorry, but this is asinine. The main reason it hasn't been added is that it's a lot of work to add features like that. They just added a sort-of-similar feature in the VIP system and jobs, and clearly that one was being worked on for a while. It's possible that they thought about drug dealing but scratched it as being too similar. It's also possible that future VIP work will include some drug dealing (we know from fun that more VIP stuff is coming eventually).

Shark card sales are not something their concerned about. Why? Because they control the payouts of everything. All they have to do is control it so that you can't make more than you make doing the best VIP jobs, and boom, no impact on card sales whatsoever.

DangerZ0neX

usup1RM.jpg

Fixed that for you:

DM1wH9s.jpg

Much better :^:

El-Gaddafii

This is probably the main reason

No it's not. Sorry, but this is asinine. The main reason it hasn't been added is that it's a lot of work to add features like that. They just added a sort-of-similar feature in the VIP system and jobs, and clearly that one was being worked on for a while. It's possible that they thought about drug dealing but scratched it as being too similar. It's also possible that future VIP work will include some drug dealing (we know from fun that more VIP stuff is coming eventually).

Shark card sales are not something their concerned about. Why? Because they control the payouts of everything. All they have to do is control it so that you can't make more than you make doing the best VIP jobs, and boom, no impact on card sales whatsoever.

So I guess your that rockstar employee snooping around the forums then? Why exactly would it be hard to implement if most if not all that i've mentioned is already in game (via mostly unplayed free-mode events)

El-Gaddafii

Yes I do: they create a massive game with literally hundreds of things to do, then they add in a bunch of stuff that people have really been wanting as well as some new things they think we might like, and then we bitch endlessly about the four or five things they haven't added yet. Then they probably go home and take their kids' toys away because hurr durr Cockstar

I'm not 'bitching' i am trying to get an interesting discussion started for anyone with a brain who agrees this idea would be a game-changer and possibly bring back many players who have moved on to other games.

I am very happy with the base game (tell me another game with over 2 years of replay value and by this i mean everyday without getting bored) and at least this is something the community have wanted for a while as I remembering reading posts like this a year or two ago. I'm glad you're happy with getting a few new shiny cars every few months.

People need to stop thinking about this 'shark card conspiracy' its not a conspiracy, its a f*cking business plan and a very good one at that. I applaud rockstar for their business sense, yes they are here to make money at the end of the day but what ever happened to the customer is always right?

Yuvitheplaya

Drugs is bad ! k ?

Says the guy who plays Gta online in which 90% of the missions are to steal a packet of coke. Its cocaine not coca cola just to let you know.

Edited by Yuvitheplaya
  • Like 2