1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

Baked English Beans

Spider-Vice

I have noticed this, a lot of the Technicolor employees mention an unreleased AAA game or games. Maybe the RDR picture and RDR Redux are actually something.

Spider-Vice

Emailed the guy here, asked him about some of the stuff he did:

https://enri.carbonmade.com/projects/3971362

He never worked for R*. He just made the designs in hopes of getting a job there. So nope, nothing to see here.

Very cool designs with the merchandise though.

That's awesome he replied. Thanks for debunking this then!

• Like 2

Spider-Vice
On 6/2/2016 at 4:39 AM, FutoLover said:

http://i.imgur.com/TUXNOKG.jpg

Red dead 3 screen?

This was found two-three pages ago. It spread to Reddit and now you closed the loop.

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

@FutoLover, that image is already on page 5

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

=EDIT=

nothing to see here

Edited by R4gN0r0K
  • Like 1

Not long until hearing about it folks. smoking_15.gif

• Like 1

Spider-Vice

There's the off-chance it could've been Rockstar anyway, because even if you're an ex-developer, the NDA signed for the previous company is still in effect until the game releases or until you're given the OK.

• Like 1

Spider-Vice

According to Gaudynights, a self-proclaimed tech company worker, that sort of downtime often suggests a website is being updated.

lol. 2012 all over again.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Dee-account-with-1kbans

That guy tried poorly to protect that screen. Almost as funny as the guy that tried to damage control when he leaked the new map. lmao

I'm pretty sure that guy got his friend fired.

Edited by FutoLover

Regardless of the validity or relevancy of what we are stumbling upon in these developer's profiles, the following image is making a point.

frabz-Rockstar-Games-Leak-Prevention-Tea

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

No way to know yet.

What if the leaked map turns out to be the real deal. How big is it compared to RDR, GTAV, and GTASA's map combined? If it does turn out to be legit, how detailed do you think the map will be?

Richard Power Colt

You mean the one that was connected to the old Red Dead map? Or is there a new map leak? The one I saw was clearly smaller than V.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

NikosUncle

Doesn't matter if it's smaller than V as long as it's bigger than rdr1 then it's fine. Has anyone checked the area beyond the Great Plains to see if there is land there like on the new map? Not that there actually needs to be.

Richard Power Colt

Yeah the size is just fine for a game without fast vehicles. Anyway there's plenty of properly rendered land north of Great Plains. You can actually get to the other side of the river with a bit of glitching. Some of it is probably gonna be changed though for the new map if it's legit.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

image.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alanduncan1

Untitled Project since 2012? I wouldn't go ahead and say that it's definitely Red Dead, but remember that work on Redemption started as early as 2005. There's a chance that there are a couple of projects being worked on, but only one is currently in full production, which is what we expect to be RDR.

Edited by FiS!!HeR
  • Like 1

Spider-Vice

It could've been Agent (but they couldn't say so), I know they redirected the whole team to V but not sure at what point in development. Also, it's possible it could be the new Red Dead anyway, I've seen LinkedIn profiles of artists who were doing props and stuff for V as far back as 2010-2011. The game released in 2013 so why not?

Also, remember the Asked & Answered post that said "stay tuned for more from Rockstar Games in 2015" when asked about an RD sequel, something probably got delayed.

I don't think that it's Agent because it has already been announced at that time. I saw it mentioned on a number of profiles during the years of 2008-2010. It seems that it never managed to pass that period without being put on halt which is still in progress for an unknown future. As for the supposed 2015 announcements, yeah, I remember. Here it's:

“After the #GTAV reboot, how about a #RDR reboot?” - @SlyFoxC
“#GTAV on #XboxOne is seriously the pinnacle of awesomeness mountain. Now can we please get a Red Dead sequel please @RockstarGames?” - @FRYMANATION
“So if you’re going to keep making GTA, why not keep making Red Dead Redemption?” - @Austin_Lawson32

It’s wonderful to see so much excitement and enthusiasm for the Red Dead series, and nearly 5 years after Red Dead Redemption’s release(!). As we’ve mentioned when asked in the past about new games in other series such as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually. We have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing. We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what’s to come from Rockstar Games.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52366/asked-answered-gtav-first-person-experience-online

Instead, we got loads of GTA Online announcements during the whole of 2015 and it continues.

Edited by FiS!!HeR
  • Like 1

Spider-Vice

That's what I was referring to indeed. It looks like they wanted to announce something in 2015 but something happened. Wouldn't be surprised if the Benz thing was an influence.

What if the leaked map turns out to be the real deal. How big is it compared to RDR, GTAV, and GTASA's map combined? If it does turn out to be legit, how detailed do you think the map will be?

The reused portion of the Redemption map gives it scale. The gridlines shown are 0.5 kilometers apart. The map dimensions are comparable to GTA San Andreas. The land area within the boundaries, including the revisited West Elizabeth, is about 60% greater than Redemption.

• Like 1

NikosUncle

Isn't joining with the old map just the best idea you could've imagined? Damn I hope the map is real.

BUT THE BENZ

you know what worries me, or more, leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth despite knowing of the glorious time that I will spend in the wild west, again,....it's the fact that the game will arrive like a year or two too late. as it is, I'm f*cked because I don't own a PS4.NEO by the time the next Red Dead will be released. Knowing SONY and R* and how they give each other handjobs whenever they make business, because they're such good pals, knowing them the game will probably be released as "low quality" for the recent "next gen" consoles (which lasted like 2 years or so....yay...NOT), and for the PS4.5 and the XBOX counterpart of that, whatever that customer-rip-off business bullsh*t is called, for the next "true" next-gen consoles they will add enhancements and options they leave out for the PS4/XBONE base.

just like FPV and more music didn't make the cut for PS3/XBOX versions of GTA V. when Red Dead will be released some time in 2017 the "pimped" next-gen consoles will be out there, people start to buy that sh*t, and business buddies gonna make their math, get in bed with each other and for pillow talk make scheemes to optimize the financial gain of this relationship. hell, they might have given out dev kits and what not so long ago, actually told R* they would have more performance at their hands etc, and they made the game with that scale and hardware in mind, get my drift?

history might very well repeat itself here, because just like they did GTA V, they developed the game for the PS4, the PS3 was just the "low quality" release, mandatory though because that's where all the wallets were sitting. now the next Red Dead will be released for the PS4/XBONE as main target customer base, but OH LOOK 'buy another console yo', just slightly better (and still not 60 fps in 1080p, without breaking down to 30 fps every 5 Minutes) but with this thing you get certain stuff the others won't have, like this, and that, and actually it's really worth it etc, like we had this planned all along, you people will want this etc...

so what damn right I will WANT this, it's the next f*ckin Red Dead title and it's the reason I bought a PS4 in the first place....because Red Dead might never make it to the PC...anyhow, it really bothers me that content might be cut or downgraded for my console, because a better one just arrived after 2 years and now mine is just trash. and R* will ride that train, SONY gives them cash, they deliver the goods.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, about all of this, but it's R*...and SONY.....both kinda shady when it comes to money and making profits

Edited by Noclue_42

SirGrandTheft

I hope it will another RD Game

Edited by SirGrandTheft

BUT THE BENZ

HOLYYY FUCCKKKKIINNNGGG. SHHHHIIIIIIIITITITITITIITIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!1!1?1!1!1?1?1?1!?1?1?2?2??2

https://twitter.com/TheIvaneh/status/739488004209795073

HOLYYY FUCCKKKKIINNNGGG. SHHHHIIIIIIIITITITITITIITIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!1!1?1!1!1?1?1?1!?1?1?2?2??2

https://twitter.com/TheIvaneh/status/739488004209795073

^ this, is overwhelming

SO hyped right now.....ARGH!

edit: had to quote it twice, for HYPE's sake!

Edited by Noclue_42