1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

Baked English Beans

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

=EDIT=

nothing to see here

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Spider-Vice

I wouldn't go excited about that pic in his profile as it's clearly taken from his art work during the development of Redemption. As for why it kind of looks like a visually enhanced version of the final game, I would say that it's normal to look different during development and artists can play with different scenes with the tools they have (e.g. lighting, filtering, coloring, level of details). Why did he posit it recently? well, he just recently quit Rockstar and I don't see a better why of promoting himself other than creating a profile with his work on critically acclaimed games. What else can he proud of as an ex-San Diego developer? I can't think of something other than Redemption, unless you consider Midnight Club as something really worthy in comparison.

This wasn't the case with GTA V development pictures though. A lot of the graphics features seen there were only introduced once V next gen released. I doubt RAGE had those all along.

He didn't post the picture for public showing because he quit R*, the picture is supposed to be behind a password wall but that failed it seems.

• Like 1

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

=EDIT=

nothing to see here folks

Edited by R4gN0r0K
  • Like 3

Whatever it might be, it's not from a new Red Dead game for sure. It even has 'RED DEAD REDEMPTION' stamp on the right corner below, unless he's deceiving us! well, that's taking the conspiracy to another level, so let's calm down. This leaves us, again, with an artist screenshot taken by Matt Clyne for his reference. What is the chance that it's Remastered Redemption? I wouldn't rule out anything, but I still believe that it's simply one of his many screenshots taken during the development of the original game. Although the picture doesn't seem similar to an area/shack in Redemption, it's possible that it was created and then removed or modified, or possibly made to illustrate the props that he, and probably other artists, designed in the world and this is why you can see a lot of different props in the picture. This particular picture might go under the password-protected section of Props.

Just for reference, I remember seeing an ex-San Diego developer's portfolio years ago, and there were artworks shown to illustrate his work on Redemption. From what I saw, the mini map had many different symbols that I didn't recognize and they were definitely for activities that were cut or later modified in the final game. .

Edited by FiS!!HeR
  • Like 1

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

yeah that screen is way too polished to be a WIP, maybe its the cancelled PC port, or a Remaster. but i really doubt that it is something from the old RDR

• Like 2

Rockstar Vienna

I wouldn't rule out anything, but I still believe that it's simply one of his many screenshots taken during the development of the original game. Although the picture doesn't seem similar to an area/shack in Redemption, it's possible that it was created and then removed or modified, or possibly made to illustrate the props that he, and probably other artists, designed in the world and this is why you can see a lot of different props in the picture.

Yeah, that's also my guess. And the fact that this shack/place is not in Redemption already rules out a Remaster, doesn't it!? Unless you believe Rockstar would add new buildings for a remastered version of Redemption, which would not make any sense imo.

Anyway, i just hope we won't be disappointed next week. A new Red Dead, Redemption Remastered or a new IP... We really need something new from R*. The drought is real. Almost 3 years of GTA Online (and sadly just a little bit of GTA V) is enough.

You are correct, Rockstar Vienna. In case Remastered Redemption is real, they wouldn't add new objects, props or structures. This, again, leaves us with a screenshot taken by Matt during his time working on Redemption. Artists will spend their time playing with light, foliage, colors, level of details and whatever graphics terminologies you can think of. Not to say that the level of graphics shown in the image is really different from Redemption, but just to emphasize that it will look different, and arguably more detailed, at different stages of development. It is clear that Matt tried to focus on the props and structures he designed in the game's world. Give the guy sometime to market himself and let us focus on the real next Red Dead that we have not seen yet.

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

What if its just a Next Gen port, like V?

Edited by R4gN0r0K

BUT THE BENZ

What if its just a Next Gen port, like V?

I'd like that, a lot! seriously I'd pay good cash for that!

IF R* can pull it off, which I guess they can, they could in a month or two release Redemption Remastered, have people fall in mad love with it again, and then start to announce and release trailers for the next Red Dead. Everybody'd be going trigger-happy and strave through the desert in slow motion again like it was 2010! A throwback anticipation build-up until R* finally release, THE reason why I bought a next gen console, the NEXT RED DEAD....AND SHEEEEEEIT IT WILL BE SO GAT-DAMN AWESOME!

*fingers crossed for optional FPV and ability to dual wield revolvers/pistols*

RDR Remaster will be announced -> First reaction : :blink: -> then : People will go crazy :panic: -> finally : internet meltdown :facedesk:

If this is true we need a pc version this time, ROCKSTAR.

Edited by Stalk0r

RDR's online was pretty nice, and considering the success of GTA:Online it'd be really weird if they didn't have a bigger online mode tbh.

• Like 3

I'd be perdy dern excited ifn there's an online jus like GTAO only back in the old West.

I had nothing against RDR Multiplayer as an additional game mode, and in fact, I had a blast playing it. Despite being varied and larger compared to GTA IV Multiplayer, RDR MP didn't affect the Single Player experience and Rockstar didn't allow us to blame them for shortcomings in the story or the quality and thought that went into side quests, mini games and map design. It was a very consistent and MATURE experience that was pushed further by its own multiplayer mode.

In this 'online' context, I imagine something on the size of GTA Online and maybe even bigger, which is inevitable in any case. The bad image that GTA Online left makes me worried how bad it will be for the next game, and in this case Red Dead. Will we get a well-thought single player experience that's made independently of the online mode? will the map design be directly affected by Online decisions? will we be overloaded with game content that values quantity over quality? these are essential questions that need to be answered before welcoming a larger Online share of the overall package.

Richard Power Colt

I just hope they won't repeat a lot of the same problems that GTA Online had. It's probably gonna have microtransactions which is what worries me, but at least I wish they'd manage to work out all the server issues and make the game less of a boring grind(though the grind is ultimately what makes people buy shark cards).

• Like 3

I don't think the new Red Dead's online portion will come close to GTA Online in size. Maybe they'll focus on Max Payne 3 multiplayer style competitive modes and similar co-op experiences and not free roam.

Spider-Vice

If the new Red Dead is open world and big like GTA you can bet they're gonna pull off a Red Dead Online.

I believe that Red Dead will get a Multiplayer mode on the size of GTA Online at least. They may not call it Red Dead Online, just simply a multiplayer mode that can be accessed through a menu. They have the infrastructure, experience and a ready-to-use template to implement a similar Online world to that of GTA. I have nothing against this as long as we get an excellent Single Player experience at all levels (i.e. story, characters, dialogue, quality content).

Edited by FiS!!HeR

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

i think its pretty safe to expect a Multiplayer mode from the next R* open world game, hell even Max Payne 3 had one

Mister Pink

Ah just scrap the SP game and only do RDR online. I love loading screens and lobby quitters. I would like to spend 80% of my game time waiting and not actually playing. :p

For me, I hope we'll see sizable two player co-op missions including bank heists, gang hideouts and more. Also, 2-6 player co-ops for larger set-piece shout-outs. I'm mostly not really looking forward to the online aspect.

I'm looking forward to the story and to see how I can play it in a way that benefits my character the most. I hope there's a Good/Bad (morality) system again with genuine effects, such as more financial gain for being bad but maybe in return for extreme hostility in certain parts of the map. I'm mainly looking forward to exploring the map, finding the secret places, hunting, the random encounters, gambling and hearing the soundtrack.

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2

I'm fine with Red Dead Online. just like I'm fine with GTAOnline.

if it sucks, I'll just ignore it and stick to the base game. hopefully with a new Red Dead on PC we will finally get mods and such, so multiplayer isn't that big of a deal.

I just really hope that the single player campaign also lets you do some COOP, as others have mentioned.

• Like 3

Frantz Fuchs

I would prefer if the online is not too "in depth", ie purchasing ammo. You should get full ammo after each respawn, weapons allocated by level etc. GTAO was just tedious with buying ammo. Felt like a chore.

That said, RDR team deathmatch was miles better than GTAO. Having non automatic guns makes it much more enjoyable. In gta all you did was press L2 and R2.

Edited by Frantz Fuchs

If they add a multiplayer to the next Red Dead, I hope that we'll have a Hardcore, Normal, and Friendly Free Roam again like we did in RDR.

Also, I don't want the multiplayer to have this peer to peer sh*t that GTAO has. The game better have dedicated servers for it's multiplayer because I know I'm not going to be putting up with another cloud simulator.

Edited by jrl51592

Spider-Vice

https://enri.carbonmade.com/projects/3971362

xSBotIc.png

From May – July 2012 I developed concept art for 2 concept titles, which included logos, cover art, and promo merchandise that’s typically given away in limited edition bundles of a game, or sold in the Rockstar Games store. I also provided logo variations of the Rockstar Games logo as well as promo merchandise for the brand.

Red Dead Redemption: Redux

Debunked: http://gtaforums.com/topic/848472-red-dead-sequel-speculation-and-ideas/page-7?do=findComment&comment=1068812516

Edited by Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

It's really weird for an artist to do something RDR related after two years of its original release.

plsdeletemyprofileN0r0k

so we have an artist who made cover for a redux, and a screenshot that looks too good for 2009.

I smell remaster in the works

Give some credit to the Indians who contributed to Redemption and Max Payne 3 and who are now probably contributing to the upcoming Red Dead game.

http://www.technicolor.com/en/who-we-are/press-news-center/press-releases/technicolor-and-rockstar-games-partner-establish-dedicated-games-unit

Rockstar Games Dedicated Unit

Edited by FiS!!HeR
  • Like 2

Give some credit to the Indians who contributed to Redemption and Max Payne 3 and who are now probably contributing to the upcoming Red Dead game.

http://www.technicolor.com/en/who-we-are/press-news-center/press-releases/technicolor-and-rockstar-games-partner-establish-dedicated-games-unit

Rockstar Games Dedicated Unit

Dude, i don't think "Indians" is the proper nomenclature these days, it's "Native Amer...

Oh, yeah, good on them.

This guy's LinkedIn profile, who's stationed at Rockstar's outsourcing studio in India, says that he has been working on several AAA titles since early 2014.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bharat-reddy-sandhi-217b9a12?trk=seokp-title_posts_secondary_cluster_res_author_name

Many others with him say the same!

Another:

Currently working as a Senior Gaming Animator for Rockstar dedicated unit in Technicolor Bangalore. I have already worked for GTA5 and currently working for Rockstar's upcoming game. Specialized for Character Maping and Body Tracking also. Career goal is to establish myself as a successful animator for Gaming.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sauvik?trk=pub-pbmap

Another:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kiran-kumar-35351018?trk=pub-pbmap

Undisclosed AAA Game: Rockstar Games
Starting August 2013

Key Responsibilities:
• As a Group Lead,handling team by assisting in maintaining the quality & resolving technical issues.
• Interacting with clients regarding technical issues & achieve deadlines effectively.
• Mentoring animators on Motion Capture Editing & Faceware technology
• Working on Char mapping/ Retargeting using Giant Studios Nuance & Identify.

Senior Artist

Rockstar Games (RDU at Technicolor)

April 2015

– Present (1 year 3 months)Bengaluru Area, India

Working as a senior artist in Creature Animation..

Creatures of the deserts, mountains and hillsides of the old west?

"Technicolor were a fantastic resource for us during the development of Max Payne 3", said Jeronimo Barrera, VP of Development at Rockstar Games. "We're looking forward to building the partnership on future projects."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/jobs/Technicolor-sets-up-dedicated-team-for-Rockstar-Games/articleshow/16669697.cms

Edited by FiS!!HeR
  • Like 2