1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Baked English Beans

[Archive] Red Dead Redemption 2 Rumour Mill: Leaks, Speculation...

Journey_95

I'm just worried that this will be like GTA V, lacking story and characters (a disappointment after how great GTA IV, MP3 and RDR were) and in general the SP being shafted and instead we get some sh*t like Red Dead Online.

That would be awful.

Edited by Journey_95

BlackScout

Can still be RDRedemption, weird...

Spider-Vice

Possibly something he did based on RDR, but why call it RDR2 and conveniently post it a month after leaving R*?

Edited by Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/darren-porter-ba754978?trk=seokp-title_posts_secondary_cluster_res_author_name

Senior CG Environment Artist Rockstar Games
January 2008April 2014 (6 years 4 months)

Grand theft Auto 5/ Max payne 3 PS3, XBOX360

Senior CG Artist. Our small vancouver art team was responsible much of the environments/content in Max Payne 3 including the look and feel of the game. I was involved in the creation of many levels from main geo, to props, texturing and helping the lighters. After Max Payne I worked on environments for GTAV and a new unnamed project.

BUT THE BENZ

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-clyne-b20a6123

http://mattclyne.zenfolio.com/all-photographs

yJM6puN.png

Someone decided to break an NDA after quitting Rockstar.

that artwork shows Tesoro Azul, one of the hideouts in mexico

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/darren-porter-ba754978?trk=seokp-title_posts_secondary_cluster_res_author_name

Senior CG Environment Artist Rockstar Games
January 2008 April 2014 (6 years 4 months)

Grand theft Auto 5/ Max payne 3 PS3, XBOX360

Senior CG Artist. Our small vancouver art team was responsible much of the environments/content in Max Payne 3 including the look and feel of the game. I was involved in the creation of many levels from main geo, to props, texturing and helping the lighters. After Max Payne I worked on environments for GTAV and a new unnamed project.

I think if it was a Red Dead Game he would have just said "also worked on the next Red Dead" or something like that. "New unnamed project" sounds like AGENT 2.0. And in the end, who's to say they don't have a team constantly working on that 1 new thing, while the rest is set to make the established franchises games happen

Spider-Vice

No he wouldn't. It's called an NDA.

Jabalous

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-clyne-b20a6123

http://mattclyne.zenfolio.com/all-photographs

yJM6puN.png

Someone decided to break an NDA after quitting Rockstar.

I think that 'RDR2' simply refers to Redemption as it's the second game in the Red Dead 'R' franchise. It seems that Matt was happy to quit Rockstar because he says in his Linkedin Profile about the new company he joined:

I'm so blessed to have landed at such a great company who cares about the happiness and well being of their employees while creating great games.

...despite working in Rockstar San Diego since 2003.

skyfamster

That's 1000% azul of rdr,not 2

Magic_Al

RDR 1 is Red Dead Revolver

RDR 2 is Red Dead Redemption

RDR 3 is Red Dead Rotisserie

cowboy-rotisserie.jpg

Jabalous

I consider this interesting:

Untitled.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgedavisgeo

Keywords are 'current title' and 'historical photos'. I am not sure if he's writing in the same context, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Edited by FiS!!HeR

R4gN0r0K

=EDIT=

nothing to see here

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Spider-Vice

Can anyone confirm this is actually RDR? The image is anti-aliased even. I haven't really played it so I can't judge.

Zello

Can anyone confirm this is actually RDR? The image is anti-aliased even. I haven't really played it so I can't judge.

WHAT YOU GO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!

Rockstar Vienna

Hmm... doesn't look familiar. First i thought it's the shack at Lake Don Julio but it looks like something they dropped during development i guess!?

R4gN0r0K

=EDIT=

nothing unusual here

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Rockstar Vienna

Man the hype for this year's E3 is real! Hope we won't be disappointed.

Spider-Vice

WHAT YOU GO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!

PC :(

Edit: That RDR picture is definitely V's engine. That is not RDR last gen. The picture is on a Rockstar developer's legit portfolio. There's chromatic aberration in it. This might be a leak. No, seriously. Clicking the pic on his portfolio to show info shows a password prompt. It's part of one of his restricted albums called Structures. Why would he put a random RDR logo on a private pic?

Edited by Spider-Vice

BlackScout

+1

7YtZYzn.png

That is RAGE "V2". In no way that is pre-V engine.

Clouds, Chromatic Abberation, Shaders, Lighting. Either RDR Remaster or the next Red Dead, this is way too good.

Edited by BlackScout

R4gN0r0K

im no expert to know which engine is used, but. and thats a big butt:

"You have reached Matt Clyne's digital portfolio. I hope you enjoy a browse through my images. So far, I just have my latest work up from the past few years. In the near future, I will be posting images of my older work."

could just be his old work uploaded only now because he is allowed to do it now?

Spider-Vice

Doubt he's allowed to do that until there's an official announcement. He probably f*cked the permissions up on his album.

Payne Killer

The outfit looks like John's white suit.

R4gN0r0K

=EDIT=

nothing to see here

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Spider-Vice

Saloons...

Also the pictures where he says "props and terrain done by other artists". Something tells me this portfolio is absolutely full of RDR (remaster?!) stuff.

R4gN0r0K

=EDIT=

nothing to see here

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Rockstar Vienna

I still think that's just something they dropped during development, nothing else. Don't see why this screen is so special!? Take a look at some old official screens from Redemption. They look awesome as well and often better than the final product. If the screen is from a Red Dead Remaster... Where's that place? Not even talking about the possibility that this might be a screen from the new Red Dead. So close to E3 we start seeing things that are not there - that's our problem right now imo.

Btw... His "artwork pic" was just taken from a screenshot.

screenshot_ps3_red_dead_redemption053.jp

Spider-Vice

We're no longer talking about the "artwork" pic, that was obviously an artistic representation. That isn't RDR's original engine. There's chromatic aberration all over the screen and antialiasing, plus the clouds are clearly V's/Max Payne 3's. In-development screenshots would look even worse than original RDR. Also the vegetation is definitely, definitely not original RDR.

These things happen, there's a high chance this is legit. If this was old stuff he wouldn't have it locked with a password. Artists with pics of V's development don't have them hidden. The game is released.

Edited by Spider-Vice

R4gN0r0K

just some quick photoshopping but,

1. the visual effects are way better than in the original RDR screens

2. just something that caught my eye, but his legs are different. its hard to see what they look like, but they remind me of trevors Jeans and boots, just more white/grey-ish

fIFxEVT.png

Edited by R4gN0r0K

Rockstar Vienna

We're no longer talking about the "artwork" pic, that was obviously an artistic representation. That isn't RDR's original engine. There's chromatic aberration all over the screen and antialiasing, plus the clouds are clearly V's/Max Payne 3's. In-development screenshots would look even worse than original RDR. Also the vegetation is definitely, definitely not original RDR.

These things happen, there's a high chance this is legit. If this was old stuff he wouldn't have it locked with a password. Artists with pics of V's development don't have them hidden. The game is released.

Dude, I know that we're talking about the other pic! Did you skip the rest? At the end I was just pointing out that the artwork was just a normal screenshot. And again, i don't think there's anything special about that screen.

Don't get me wrong but tomorrow you'll probably find something else we can speculate about if you just search long enough. Yesterday you thought you found something interesting too. What I'm trying to say... If you search long enough for stuff like this you will find a few interesting pics, developer profiles and other stuff. But we could have found most of that stuff a long time ago! But now we're close to E3 and hyped as hell for a new Red Dead or a Remastered version of Redemption, that's why every little alleged leak is so special during these days. Just my two cents!

This is nothing against you or your opinion! And hell, maybe I'm wrong but I really don't think that this pic has anything to do with a Remastered Redemption or a new Red Dead. Also, I don't want to get hyped too much. ;)

Edit: Since we're talking about the clouds... Take a look at the clouds in this early Redemption screen. They didn't look anything like this in the final version of the game.

pichighdqfu.jpg

Edited by Rockstar Vienna